IRC log of ws-ra on 2010-06-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:14:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
19:14:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/06/29-ws-ra-irc
19:14:19 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:14:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-ra
19:14:21 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
19:14:21 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM scheduled to start in 16 minutes
19:14:22 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
19:14:22 [trackbot]
Date: 29 June 2010
19:14:34 [Yves]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jun/0016.html
19:15:46 [Yves]
Chair: Bob
19:26:22 [DaveS]
DaveS has joined #ws-ra
19:28:01 [dug]
dug has joined #ws-ra
19:28:24 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has now started
19:28:31 [Zakim]
+Doug_Davis
19:29:10 [asoldano]
asoldano has joined #ws-ra
19:29:42 [Bob]
Bob has joined #ws-ra
19:30:19 [Bob]
trackbot, start telecon
19:30:21 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
19:30:21 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:30:23 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
19:30:23 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM already started
19:30:24 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
19:30:24 [trackbot]
Date: 29 June 2010
19:30:31 [Zakim]
+Bob_Freund
19:30:36 [dug]
howdy
19:30:45 [dug]
<xsl:if test="@optional!='false'">
19:31:10 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
19:31:26 [Zakim]
+ +39.331.574.aaaa
19:31:36 [asoldano]
Zakim, aaa is asoldano
19:31:36 [Zakim]
sorry, asoldano, I do not recognize a party named 'aaa'
19:31:37 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
19:31:43 [asoldano]
Zakim, aaaa is asoldano
19:31:43 [Zakim]
+asoldano; got it
19:31:56 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ws-ra
19:32:02 [Tom_Rutt]
Tom_Rutt has joined #ws-ra
19:32:04 [dug]
<xsl:if test="not(@optional)">
19:32:06 [Zakim]
+Yves
19:32:35 [dug]
<xsl:if test="@optional!='false'">
19:32:47 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.262.aabb
19:33:12 [DaveS]
Hi, I'mtrying to dial in and the bridge is not accepting my pass code (non*0). I'll keep trying.
19:33:17 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
19:33:54 [DaveS]
no uk number
19:34:19 [asoldano]
the same for French number
19:34:21 [Ashok]
Try the US number ... European number are not doing well
19:35:00 [Zakim]
+Wu_Chou
19:35:08 [DaveS]
ok I'll have to switch devices - mobile call to the US cost too much.
19:35:28 [Wu]
Wu has joined #ws-ra
19:36:42 [Bob]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jun/0016.html
19:37:09 [Bob]
scribenick: Wu_Chou
19:37:18 [Bob]
scribenick: Wu
19:37:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.831.713.aacc
19:37:53 [Wu]
Agenda agreed
19:38:00 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
19:38:07 [Wu]
June 22 minutes approved
19:38:24 [Wu]
Migration and Primers
19:39:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
19:39:42 [Wu]
Ram: I have doublt to do the migraton guide
19:41:11 [Wu]
s/doublt/doubt
19:41:32 [gpilz]
q+
19:41:42 [Bob]
ack gp
19:43:16 [dug]
zakim, who is making noise?
19:43:31 [Zakim]
dug, listening for 14 seconds I heard sound from the following: Ashok_Malhotra (35%), +1.831.713.aacc (21%), [IPcaller] (7%)
19:43:34 [Bob]
Due to the large number of changes to the submission specs, and since most of the existing implementation seem to have been based on a dmtf version and not of the submitted specifications, a migration guide was thought to be of little or no value
19:44:51 [Wu]
Resolution: no migration (agreed)
19:45:57 [Bob]
gil: eventing no schedule as yet, outline by july 20
19:46:57 [Bob]
Mex: Katy - not present
19:47:14 [Wu]
wu: will work with Gil on the primer of eventing
19:48:09 [Zakim]
- +1.571.262.aabb
19:49:14 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jun/0012.html
19:49:18 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jun/0013.html
19:49:21 [Wu]
Bob: short abstract - edits from Doug
19:50:00 [Wu]
Bob: objection abstract?
19:50:30 [Wu]
Ashok: have some concern on MEX
19:50:48 [dug]
+q
19:50:56 [Bob]
ack dug
19:51:18 [li]
li has joined #ws-ra
19:51:25 [Wu]
dug: abstracts were from the specs not new creation
19:53:27 [dug]
take all current abstracts except for enum - use Dave's enum
19:54:10 [Wu]
Bob: Resolution: agree to use Doug for all except using Dave for Enumeration
19:54:42 [dug]
done - in cvs
19:55:35 [dug]
proposal: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/10/06/wsenum-opt.html
19:55:37 [dug]
+q
19:55:51 [Bob]
ack dug
19:55:59 [Tom_Rutt]
q+
19:56:16 [Wu]
Bob: new enumeration behaviour
19:57:40 [gpilz]
q+
19:58:00 [Bob]
ack tom
19:58:05 [Wu]
dug: it does not seem worth to lose create and pull split
19:58:09 [Ram]
q+
19:59:34 [Wu]
tom: we need a fault to the new context
20:00:22 [Bob]
ack gp
20:00:24 [Zakim]
-asoldano
20:00:25 [Bob]
ack ram
20:01:23 [Ram]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9609
20:01:28 [Wu]
Ram: o.k. to keep creat and pull separately. but allow optional extension
20:01:55 [Tom_Rutt]
q+
20:02:34 [Zakim]
+ +33.1.57.4aadd
20:03:00 [asoldano]
Zakim, aadd is asoldano
20:03:00 [Zakim]
+asoldano; got it
20:03:06 [dug]
q+
20:03:07 [Bob]
ack tom
20:03:49 [Bob]
ack dug
20:04:02 [Wu]
Tom: keep creat and pull separate, but to add a policy
20:04:25 [Wu]
dug: prefer not to do any change to keep spec clean
20:05:39 [Tom_Rutt]
q+
20:06:16 [Bob]
ack tom
20:07:06 [Wu]
Tom: is this something that WS-Man can do to add this extension?
20:07:13 [Wu]
dug: yes
20:09:52 [Wu]
Bob: Ram suggests we define additional attributes which are optional, to allow initial pull to be done under these options.
20:10:24 [Wu]
dug: Between these two options, I perfer to move towards more to pull
20:11:56 [DaveS]
q+
20:12:04 [Bob]
ack dave
20:13:15 [dug]
A-cwna b-Ram's c-Dug's -s/pull/enumerate/
20:17:47 [Wu]
Bob: A, B, or C vote, you can give preference order
20:18:00 [Wu]
RedHat: c, b
20:18:07 [Wu]
Orcle: a, b, c
20:18:14 [Wu]
IBM: a, c
20:18:18 [asoldano]
I said C, A
20:18:28 [asoldano]
:)
20:18:29 [Wu]
RedHat: c, a
20:18:52 [Wu]
Fujisu: c, a
20:19:20 [Wu]
Avaya: abstain
20:19:37 [Wu]
Microsoft: c, b, a
20:21:37 [Wu]
Bob: c appears as first choice (win)
20:23:50 [Wu]
Tom: may need related policy assertions
20:24:11 [Wu]
dug: I can take that as editor work and checked by you
20:24:35 [Wu]
Resolution: Doug's proposal accepted with amendaments
20:24:37 [Bob]
resulution: Dug's proposal accepted with amendment
20:25:03 [dug]
add fault for too many items on first pull, add policy to indicate max items on first pull
20:25:36 [Wu]
Bob: no meeting on July 4th
20:25:50 [Yves]
s/4th/6th/
20:25:53 [Tom_Rutt]
dug: why not just have the policy be <0 alowed
20:26:13 [dug]
<0 ?
20:26:48 [Tom_Rutt]
q+
20:27:01 [Wu]
Bob: Next meeting is July 20 (July 13 and July 4 meetings are cancelled)
20:27:24 [Bob]
ack tom
20:27:45 [Wu]
Bob: check mailing list to review changes that Dug will post shortly
20:27:54 [DaveS]
s/4/6/
20:28:16 [Wu]
s/July 4/July 6
20:28:49 [asoldano]
bye
20:28:49 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
20:28:50 [Zakim]
-Wu_Chou
20:28:50 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
20:28:51 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
20:28:52 [Zakim]
-Doug_Davis
20:28:53 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
20:28:53 [Zakim]
-Yves
20:28:54 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
20:28:56 [Zakim]
-asoldano
20:28:58 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has ended
20:29:00 [Zakim]
Attendees were Doug_Davis, Bob_Freund, [Microsoft], +39.331.574.aaaa, Tom_Rutt, asoldano, Yves, +1.571.262.aabb, Ashok_Malhotra, Wu_Chou, +1.831.713.aacc, [IPcaller],
20:29:03 [Zakim]
... +33.1.57.4aadd
20:29:07 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes please
20:29:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/29-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
20:31:47 [Bob]
Bob has left #ws-ra
21:00:14 [gpilz]
gpilz has left #ws-ra