IRC log of soap-jms on 2010-06-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:50:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:50:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:50:02 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:50:02 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
15:50:04 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:50:04 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 10 minutes
15:50:05 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:50:05 [trackbot]
Date: 29 June 2010
15:53:20 [mphillip]
mphillip has changed the topic to: (mphillip)
15:53:40 [mphillip]
15:54:34 [mphillip]
Regrets: Peter, Phil
16:01:36 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
16:01:44 [Zakim]
+ +1.708.246.aaaa
16:02:13 [Derek]
Derek has joined #SOAP-JMS
16:03:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.663.aabb
16:03:19 [Zakim]
+ +44.196.287.aacc
16:03:27 [mphillip]
zakim, aacc is Mark
16:03:28 [Zakim]
+Mark; got it
16:04:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.324.aadd
16:05:15 [Zakim]
+ +1.209.474.aaee
16:05:44 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:05:55 [mphillip]
Topic: ) Appointment of the scribe
16:05:59 [mphillip]
Scribe: Mark
16:06:02 [mphillip]
Chair: Eric
16:06:15 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 2) Approval of prior meeting minutes
16:06:32 [mphillip]
Minutes are approved without modification#
16:06:39 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 3) Review the agenda
16:07:26 [mphillip]
Agenda approved
16:07:32 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 4) Review action items
16:07:41 [mphillip] - Eric
16:07:59 [mphillip]
..will follow up with Oracle
16:08:07 [mphillip] - Peter - no status
16:08:25 [mphillip] - Eric - spec now points at latest draft
16:08:33 [mphillip]
close action-179
16:08:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-179 Update URI editors spec to reflect latest URI scheme URL closed
16:08:53 [mphillip] - Eric - new issue (40) raised
16:08:57 [mphillip]
close action-180
16:08:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-180 Raise issue for use of "m:MaxTime" XML in SOAP 1.2 example from section 2.8 closed
16:09:20 [mphillip] - Eric - pending namespace discussion
16:09:34 [mphillip] - Mark - proposal submitted
16:09:42 [mphillip]
close action-182
16:09:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-182 Check how much of the binding spec. needs to change and make a proposal closed
16:09:51 [mphillip] - Eric - still pending
16:10:10 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 5) Namespace discussion
16:10:18 [mphillip]
16:11:24 [mphillip]
Eric: We do not have a stable namespace URL
16:14:02 [mphillip]
Yves: We might want to keep the namespace from the working draft if there have been no significant changes, but if there are changes from the WD then suggest we use the "ns" version of the namespace - see
16:14:49 [mphillip]
Eric: Two places where the namespace is used - to define the protocol, and to namespace the WSDL elements
16:15:25 [mphillip]
Eric: Should these be kept the same?
16:15:40 [mphillip]
Can't see a reason why we shouldn't keep these the same
16:16:22 [mphillip]
Eric: The date has the advantage of showing when the spec was finalised
16:16:37 [Yves]
can be if you want to keep the date aspect
16:19:07 [mphillip]
Eric: So we would establish a new namespace of
16:19:31 [mphillip]
Yves: Implementations, tests, and test reports would need to reflect this
16:20:25 [mphillip]
Yves: Could publish a new CR to signal to implementors that the namespace has changed
16:21:51 [mphillip]
Yves: (going back to CR is ok unless changes are significant enough to go back to Last Call)
16:22:22 [mphillip]
Yves: CR process lasts for 6 weeks
16:22:40 [mphillip]
Amy: So this shouldn't push out the target PR date
16:24:41 [mphillip]
Eric: If we do an additional CR then we could fix the broken link to point to the new value?
16:24:43 [mphillip]
Yves: Yes
16:25:16 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No objections to moving through CR again
16:25:42 [mphillip]
action: mark to change the namespace to
16:25:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-185 - Change the namespace to [on Mark Phillips - due 2010-07-06].
16:26:48 [mphillip]
action: Eric to review the spec. looking for other items that will need to change - e.g. editorial notes / nits
16:26:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-186 - Review the spec. looking for other items that will need to change - e.g. editorial notes / nits [on Eric Johnson - due 2010-07-06].
16:26:55 [mphillip]
action: Derek to review the spec. looking for other items that will need to change - e.g. editorial notes / nits
16:26:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-187 - Review the spec. looking for other items that will need to change - e.g. editorial notes / nits [on Derek Rokicki - due 2010-07-06].
16:27:20 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 6) Raised spec issues:
16:27:40 [mphillip]
16:28:17 [mphillip]
Eric: Essentially a bug in the fault example - no namespace declared for the 'm:' prefix
16:28:49 [mphillip]
No objections to opening issue 40
16:28:57 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Open issue 40
16:29:07 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 7) Accepting proposals to close open issues
16:29:29 [eric];%20charset=utf-8#jmsuri
16:29:53 [mphillip] - leaving open until the URI scheme is finalised
16:30:36 [mphillip]
Eric: Also need to change the date in the spec. - will re-open this action item
16:31:36 [eric]
16:31:36 [trackbot]
ISSUE-39 Please don't rely on JMSMessageID for Protocol 2038 notes added
16:31:40 [mphillip] - Mark
16:35:01 [mphillip]
Mark: Spec needs to change in 3 places per email linked above
16:35:33 [mphillip]
No objections to accepting proposal
16:35:47 [mphillip]
16:36:17 [mphillip]
Eric: Suggest we remove the detail element
16:36:37 [eric]
16:37:24 [mphillip]
No objections to accepting proposed resolution to issue 40
16:37:58 [mphillip]
action: mark to apply the resolution to issue 39
16:37:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-188 - Apply the resolution to issue 39 [on Mark Phillips - due 2010-07-06].
16:38:09 [mphillip]
action: Eric to apply resolution for issue 40
16:38:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-189 - Apply resolution for issue 40 [on Eric Johnson - due 2010-07-06].
16:39:09 [mphillip]
action: Eric to review the test cases once the changes for issue 39 have been applied
16:39:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-190 - Review the test cases once the changes for issue 39 have been applied [on Eric Johnson - due 2010-07-06].
16:39:29 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 8) Accepting applied resolutions:
16:39:43 [mphillip]
Nothing to review
16:39:51 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 9) Moving to PR
16:40:11 [mphillip]
We will go through another CR, this should not affect overall schedule
16:40:30 [mphillip]
No update on conforming implementations
16:40:38 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 10) Misc:
16:40:49 [mphillip]
Eric: No news from IETF
16:41:07 [mphillip]
Eric: But Glen Daniels has offered to be an independent reviewer
16:41:17 [mphillip]
Eric: SO his name has been sent to IETF
16:41:33 [mphillip]
16:41:37 [mphillip]
16:41:57 [Zakim]
- +1.708.246.aaaa
16:41:59 [Zakim]
16:42:00 [Zakim]
16:42:02 [Zakim]
- +1.209.474.aaee
16:42:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Yves
16:42:18 [Zakim]
16:42:19 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:42:21 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.708.246.aaaa, +1.919.663.aabb, +44.196.287.aacc, alewis, Mark, +1.617.324.aadd, Yves, +1.209.474.aaee
16:42:33 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
16:47:10 [mphillip]
mphillip has left #soap-jms
18:58:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms