IRC log of mediaann on 2010-06-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:57:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
10:57:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/06/29-mediaann-irc
10:57:30 [fsasaki]
meeting: MAWG
10:57:35 [fsasaki]
chair: joakim
10:57:39 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Jun/0138.html
10:57:54 [fsasaki]
regrets: John
10:59:40 [tobias]
are the European bridges working again?
10:59:52 [wbailer]
wbailer has joined #mediaann
11:00:14 [Zakim]
+ +329331aaaa
11:00:52 [Zakim]
+ +33.4.93.00.aabb
11:01:14 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
11:01:21 [Zakim]
+wbailer
11:01:33 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #mediaann
11:01:54 [Zakim]
+florian
11:03:14 [Zakim]
+ +43.662.228.aacc
11:03:23 [tobias]
Zakim, aacc is me
11:03:23 [Zakim]
+tobias; got it
11:08:29 [Zakim]
-Felix
11:09:21 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #mediaann
11:09:51 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
11:11:19 [fsasaki]
topic: namespace decision
11:11:28 [tobias]
Zakim, mutem
11:11:28 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'mutem', tobias
11:11:34 [tobias]
Zakim, mute me
11:11:34 [Zakim]
tobias should now be muted
11:11:42 [fsasaki]
raphael: on the mailling list many people want to have namespace with "#"
11:11:56 [raphael]
hash option would mean: http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont#
11:12:04 [fsasaki]
.. want to know whether we can switch the current version to "#"
11:12:07 [wbailer]
+1 for #
11:12:11 [raphael]
+1 for H
11:12:13 [fsasaki]
+ felix
11:12:16 [tobias]
+1 for #
11:12:16 [raphael]
s/H/#
11:12:50 [fsasaki]
felix: anybody against the solution with "#"?
11:12:53 [fsasaki]
no objection
11:13:13 [fsasaki]
RESOLUTION: people at the call for http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont# as the namespace
11:13:50 [fsasaki]
action: Raphael to announce the namespace decision http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont# on the list
11:13:50 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Raphael
11:14:24 [fsasaki]
raphael describing data sets using the media annotation ontology
11:14:46 [tobias]
Zakim, unmute me
11:14:46 [Zakim]
tobias should no longer be muted
11:14:54 [fsasaki]
data set has been accepted for triplefication challenge this year
11:15:08 [fsasaki]
tobias: sounds great, which ontology did you use?
11:15:31 [fsasaki]
raphael: tried to look at your and jp-version
11:15:45 [fsasaki]
.. will write to the mailing list with comments on the current version of the ontology
11:16:11 [fsasaki]
tobias: met jean-pieere last week and discussed changes, will discuss that with you
11:16:33 [fsasaki]
raphael: disagree with "modeling as class" paradigm
11:16:51 [fsasaki]
.. adding more classes has more costs than adding more properties because you need to change the signature of properties
11:16:56 [fsasaki]
.. that is why I disagree
11:17:50 [fsasaki]
topic: f2f meeting
11:18:09 [raphael]
A huge dataset of 30 million triples of flickr photos descriptions and youtube videos descriptions according to the Media Ontology is available at http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/ldtc2010/
11:18:12 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Jun/0137.html
11:18:27 [fsasaki]
"So, we would like to fix the date (September 8-10) for the next F2F based on the results of poll."
11:18:49 [fsasaki]
felix: september 8-10 fine with everybody?
11:18:56 [raphael]
I will make the f2f at these dates
11:18:59 [tobias]
sounds good for me
11:19:08 [wbailer]
for me too
11:19:15 [fsasaki]
RESOLUTION: f2f dates September 8-10 agreed
11:19:18 [wonsuk]
good to me.
11:20:00 [tobias]
Zakim, mute me
11:20:00 [Zakim]
tobias should now be muted
11:20:09 [fsasaki]
topic: LC comments
11:20:29 [fsasaki]
raphael: July 11th is deadline for LC - should we extend the date for feedback?
11:20:37 [florian]
+1
11:20:41 [fsasaki]
.. until the end of the summer
11:20:43 [fsasaki]
+1
11:20:44 [wonsuk]
+1
11:20:47 [raphael]
I would suggest extend to the end of the summer to get more feedback
11:20:48 [raphael]
+1
11:20:54 [tobias]
yes, this sounds like a good idea given that we will most probably have no calls during summer; so +1
11:21:25 [fsasaki]
RESOLUTION: extend the LC period until the end of August
11:21:41 [fsasaki]
raphael: media fragments has 25th of August as the end date for LC
11:21:57 [fsasaki]
topic: media fragments spec
11:22:09 [fsasaki]
raphael: document is in LC until the end of August
11:22:19 [fsasaki]
.. have requested feedback from groups, including mawg
11:22:30 [fsasaki]
.. would appreciate a review from the group
11:22:41 [fsasaki]
.. any volunteer to make a review on behalf of mawg?
11:23:02 [tobias]
Zakim, unmute me
11:23:02 [Zakim]
tobias should no longer be muted
11:23:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/29-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
11:23:13 [fsasaki]
tobias: I can make a review
11:23:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/29-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
11:23:28 [fsasaki]
action: Tobias to make a review of media fragments LC doc
11:23:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-265 - Make a review of media fragments LC doc [on Tobias Bürger - due 2010-07-06].
11:23:50 [fsasaki]
raphael: need this until the end of August
11:23:56 [fsasaki]
tobias: fine by me
11:24:33 [fsasaki]
action: thierry to make change of the namespace document, with the "#" URI
11:24:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-266 - Make change of the namespace document, with the "#" URI [on Thierry Michel - due 2010-07-06].
11:24:40 [fsasaki]
above action is for the record
11:24:51 [fsasaki]
topic: review from media fragments wg
11:25:05 [fsasaki]
raphael: fragments folks will make individual comments on mawg LC
11:25:17 [fsasaki]
.. you will also get one official review on behalf of the group
11:25:52 [fsasaki]
topic: call schedule
11:26:08 [tobias]
Zakim, mute me
11:26:08 [Zakim]
tobias should now be muted
11:26:14 [fsasaki]
chris: is there an official summer break for W3C?
11:26:17 [fsasaki]
raphael: no
11:26:22 [fsasaki]
chris: will there be a call next week?
11:26:30 [fsasaki]
felix: depends on our chairs, but would be good
11:26:47 [fsasaki]
action: Joakim to organize a call asap, e.g. next week
11:26:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-267 - Organize a call asap, e.g. next week [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-07-06].
11:27:17 [fsasaki]
s/to organize /to organize with Daniel /
11:27:34 [tobias]
Zakim, unmute me
11:27:34 [Zakim]
tobias should no longer be muted
11:27:37 [tobias]
bye
11:27:38 [Zakim]
-florian
11:27:40 [Zakim]
-wbailer
11:27:41 [Zakim]
-tobias
11:27:42 [Zakim]
-chris
11:27:42 [Zakim]
-raphael
11:27:44 [Zakim]
-Felix
11:27:47 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has left #mediaann
11:27:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/29-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:28:21 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has ended
11:28:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were wonsuk, +329331aaaa, +33.4.93.00.aabb, raphael, [IPcaller], Felix, wbailer, florian, +43.662.228.aacc, tobias, chris
11:29:02 [fsasaki]
present: raphael, Felix, wbailer, florian, tobias, chris, wonsuk
11:29:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/29-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:34:05 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
11:35:14 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has now started
11:35:22 [Zakim]
+ +49.238.aaaa
11:36:06 [Zakim]
- +49.238.aaaa
11:36:07 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has ended
11:36:07 [Zakim]
Attendees were +49.238.aaaa
13:31:56 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann