IRC log of au on 2010-06-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:51:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #au
19:51:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-irc
19:51:11 [Jan]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
19:51:11 [Zakim]
ok, Jan; I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM scheduled to start 51 minutes ago
19:51:17 [Jan]
Meeting: WAI AU
19:51:32 [Jan]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0085.html
19:51:50 [Jan]
Chair: Jutta Treviranus
19:52:00 [Jan]
Regrets: Sueann N.
19:54:59 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #au
19:56:08 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has now started
19:56:15 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.324.aaaa
19:56:35 [jeanne]
zakim, aaaa is jeanne
19:56:35 [Zakim]
+jeanne; got it
19:59:50 [Jan]
zakim, code?
19:59:50 [Zakim]
the conference code is 2894 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), Jan
19:59:58 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:00:09 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller] is really Jan
20:00:09 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
20:00:54 [AnnM]
AnnM has joined #au
20:02:19 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:03:43 [AnnM]
Hey.
20:03:52 [AnnM]
Is Zakim's UK number still having problems?
20:04:07 [ARonksley]
ARonksley has joined #au
20:04:41 [jeanne]
let me check...
20:05:46 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:06:18 [jeanne]
zakim, [IPcaller} is really Jutta
20:06:18 [Zakim]
sorry, jeanne, I do not recognize a party named '[IPcaller}'
20:06:32 [Jan]
zakim, ??P4 is really Alastair
20:06:32 [Zakim]
+Alastair; got it
20:06:38 [Zakim]
+Greg_Pisocky
20:06:58 [Jan]
using skype.
20:07:21 [AnnM]
ok, I'll try that.
20:07:29 [jeanne]
1 617.761.6200
20:07:32 [AnnM]
is the UK number going to be active again any time soon?
20:07:56 [Jan]
sorry Jeanne says no ETA on fixing it
20:08:08 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
20:08:28 [AnnM]
yeah.
20:08:49 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller.a] is really AnnM
20:08:49 [Zakim]
+AnnM; got it
20:08:57 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller] is really Jutta
20:08:57 [Zakim]
+Jutta; got it
20:09:06 [Jan]
zakim, who's here?
20:09:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jeanne, Jan, Jutta, Alastair, Greg_Pisocky, AnnM
20:09:08 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ARonksley, AnnM, jeanne, RRSAgent, Zakim, Jan, alastairc, trackbot
20:10:32 [Jan]
action jeanne: to find out when the UK zakim line will be fixed
20:10:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-283 - Find out when the UK zakim line will be fixed [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2010-06-28].
20:11:44 [Jan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0085.html
20:11:50 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:12:13 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller] is really AndrewR
20:12:13 [Zakim]
+AndrewR; got it
20:12:29 [jeanne]
zakim, who is here?
20:12:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jeanne, Jan, Jutta, Alastair, Greg_Pisocky, AnnM, AndrewR
20:12:31 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ARonksley, AnnM, jeanne, RRSAgent, Zakim, Jan, alastairc, trackbot
20:12:55 [Jan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0085.html
20:13:16 [Jan]
Scribe: Jan
20:13:17 [gpisocky]
gpisocky has joined #au
20:13:38 [Jan]
Topic: 1. Last Call publishing update (Jeanne S.)
20:14:12 [Jan]
Jeanne: Allowed to publish...sent out updated draft a few mins ago
20:14:23 [Jan]
Jeanne: Hopefully people will look at it
20:14:40 [Jan]
Jeanne: I have to convert it to a LC working draft
20:14:48 [Jan]
Jenane: No more rodblocks
20:14:59 [Jan]
Jeanne: No more rodblocks
20:15:29 [Jan]
JT: Given that when we will schedule LC has implications on F2F timing...
20:15:44 [Jan]
Jeanne: Suggested we have 8 week review period.
20:15:56 [Jan]
Jeanne: Assuming we go this week...
20:16:15 [Jan]
Jeanne: We are looking at any time after Fri Aug 27....
20:16:41 [Jan]
Jeanne: Really looking at end of aug, start of sept.
20:16:57 [Jan]
JT, GP: Better mid-Sept
20:17:03 [Zakim]
-AndrewR
20:17:08 [Jan]
JT: In terms of a host, we could do it (OCAD)
20:17:21 [Jan]
JT: Any probs for US companies?
20:17:28 [Jan]
GP: Not for me (adobe)
20:17:37 [Jan]
JT: I'll start the process at our end
20:17:38 [jeanne]
not for me
20:18:11 [Jan]
JT: We will be right downtown...Island Airport very close
20:19:20 [Jan]
JT: We will need a survey of dates in Sept.
20:19:36 [Jan]
Jeanne: Range?
20:19:57 [Jan]
JT: I have ISO meeting week of Sept. 7.
20:20:09 [Jan]
Jeanne: For me ok after Sept. 8th
20:20:46 [Jan]
Jeanne: From Sept 8-24 range for survey?
20:21:16 [Jan]
Topic: 2. New "Implementing ATAG 2.0" text
20:21:22 [Jan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0083.html
20:21:50 [jeanne]
action: Jeanne to make a survey of available dates for the face to face using a date range of 8-24 of Sseptember
20:21:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-284 - Make a survey of available dates for the face to face using a date range of 8-24 of Sseptember [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2010-06-28].
20:23:18 [Jan]
AC: I see this as a key problem for some CMS tools
20:23:38 [Jan]
AC: I think it should be normative...but I'm not sure at what point something rises to that level
20:23:59 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:24:06 [Jan]
AC: The text sounds fine for the informative...but I wonder what the criteria are for a new normative success criterion
20:24:39 [jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2010/ED-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20100621/#sc_a311
20:25:50 [Jan]
AC: I had seen a browser-based example where there was a long UI-distance between the selected text and the operators
20:26:01 [jeanne]
present+ Tim_Boland
20:26:08 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
20:26:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-minutes.html jeanne
20:26:24 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make logs public
20:26:34 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
20:26:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-minutes.html jeanne
20:27:48 [Jan]
JR: I def. think its covered but we can't always control for bad usabilitity implementations
20:28:03 [Jan]
Resolution: All accepted: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0083.html
20:28:03 [jeanne]
present+ AlastairC, AnnM, GregP, JanR, AndrewR, JeanneS, JuttaT
20:28:15 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
20:28:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-minutes.html jeanne
20:28:20 [Jan]
Topic: 3. IMPLEMENTATION GATHERING
20:29:13 [Jan]
JR: I believe that people had said implementations would be coming soon
20:29:25 [Jan]
GP: I believe so, some things have just become available
20:29:44 [Jan]
JT: Can others who are on the call begin looking around for implementations
20:30:03 [Jan]
JT: Can we quickly try to see how far we can get...
20:31:18 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.1.2 Set Accessible Properties:
20:31:41 [jeanne]
http://jan.atrc.utoronto.ca/public/atag/implementation_report_rev5.html
20:34:00 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.4.2 Automated suggestions
20:36:24 [ARonksley]
ARonksley has joined #au
20:36:36 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.5.1 Templates Accessible (WCAG Level A)
20:37:08 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:38:24 [Jan]
B.2.5.2 Provide Accessible Templates:
20:40:59 [Jan]
B.3.2.1 Active by Default
20:41:37 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
20:42:56 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:43:36 [Jan]
Topic: B.3.2.2 Reactivate Option:
20:44:41 [Jan]
Topic: B.3.3.1 Instructions
20:45:27 [Jan]
Topic: B.3.4.1 Model Accessible Practice (WCAG Level A)
20:51:40 [Jan]
Topic: A.1.1.2 Web-Based Accessible (WCAG Level AA):
20:53:57 [Tim]
Tim has joined #au
20:56:21 [Jan]
Topic: A.4.1.3 Undo is Reversible
20:57:20 [Jan]
Next meeting is June 28
20:57:25 [Zakim]
-Greg_Pisocky
20:57:30 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
20:57:31 [Zakim]
-AnnM
20:57:32 [Zakim]
-Jan
20:57:33 [Zakim]
-Alastair
20:57:34 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
20:57:37 [Zakim]
-Jutta
20:57:40 [jeanne]
zakim, bye
20:57:40 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +1.617.324.aaaa, jeanne, Jan, Alastair, Greg_Pisocky, AnnM, Jutta, AndrewR, Tim_Boland, [IPcaller]
20:57:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #au
20:57:46 [alastairc]
alastairc has left #au
20:57:51 [ARonksley]
ARonksley has left #au
20:58:09 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
20:58:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-minutes.html jeanne
20:59:12 [jeanne]
rrsagent, bye
20:59:12 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-actions.rdf :
20:59:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jeanne to to find out when the UK zakim line will be fixed [1]
20:59:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-irc#T20-10-32
20:59:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeanne to make a survey of available dates for the face to face using a date range of 8-24 of Sseptember [2]
20:59:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-irc#T20-21-50