IRC log of ssn on 2010-06-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:55:19 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ssn
12:55:19 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-irc
12:55:37 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rrsagent, bookmark
12:55:37 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-irc#T12-55-37
12:55:51 [laurent_lefort_cs]
zakim, this will be inc_ssn
12:55:51 [Zakim]
ok, laurent_lefort_cs; I see INC_SSN()9:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
12:56:19 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Meeting: SSN XG
12:56:28 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Chair: Laurent
12:57:31 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-ssn/2010Jun/0008.html
12:57:49 [Zakim]
INC_SSN()9:00AM has now started
12:57:56 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
12:58:02 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rrsagent, please make record public
12:58:07 [Payam]
zakim, IPcaller is me
12:58:07 [Zakim]
+Payam; got it
12:58:58 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
12:59:14 [michael]
michael has joined #ssn
12:59:15 [laurent_lefort_cs]
zakim, IPCaller is me
12:59:15 [Zakim]
+laurent_lefort_cs; got it
13:00:18 [Zakim]
+??P6
13:00:34 [vhuang]
??P6 is me
13:01:27 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:01:38 [kerry]
kerry has joined #ssn
13:01:40 [michael]
zakim, [IPcaler] is me
13:01:40 [Zakim]
sorry, michael, I do not recognize a party named '[IPcaler]'
13:01:57 [michael]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
13:01:57 [Zakim]
+michael; got it
13:01:58 [vhuang]
Zakim, +??P6 is me.
13:01:59 [Zakim]
sorry, vhuang, I do not recognize a party named '+??P6'
13:02:08 [Arthur]
Arthur has joined #ssn
13:02:17 [Zakim]
+ +61.4.097.8.aaaa
13:02:38 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:02:42 [vhuang]
Zakim, ??P6 is me.
13:02:42 [Zakim]
+vhuang; got it
13:02:55 [kerry]
zakim. +61.4.097 is me
13:03:49 [kerry]
zakim, +61.4.097.8.aaaa is me
13:03:49 [Zakim]
+kerry; got it
13:04:39 [krp]
krp has joined #ssn
13:04:44 [laurent_lefort_cs]
zakim, who is here
13:04:44 [Zakim]
laurent_lefort_cs, you need to end that query with '?'
13:04:48 [laurent_lefort_cs]
zakim, who is here?
13:04:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Payam, laurent_lefort_cs, vhuang, michael, kerry, Arthur
13:04:50 [Zakim]
On IRC I see krp, Arthur, kerry, michael, RRSAgent, Zakim, vhuang, laurent_lefort_cs, Payam, trackbot
13:05:59 [Zakim]
+ +0238059aabb
13:06:14 [krp]
zakin, +0238059aabb is me
13:06:20 [krp]
zakim, +0238059aabb is me
13:06:20 [Zakim]
+krp; got it
13:09:45 [vhuang]
This is a test
13:11:33 [Payam]
I can help
13:11:39 [cory]
cory has joined #ssn
13:12:03 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Topic: Previous meeting
13:12:41 [kerry]
scribenick: vhuang
13:13:34 [cory]
calling in now
13:13:40 [cory]
sorry i'm late
13:13:42 [Zakim]
+ +1.937.775.aacc
13:13:57 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Minutes from previous meeting http://www.w3.org/2010/06/02-ssn-minutes.html
13:14:26 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Work plan Semantic Markup http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Semantic_Mark_up
13:15:29 [laurent_lefort_cs]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Mappings_Deliverable
13:15:39 [vhuang]
No comments on Semantic Mark up.
13:16:12 [laurent_lefort_cs]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Terminology_and_Term_Provenance_in_the_Ontology
13:19:28 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Laurent: Can we add information saying which part of the ontology a class belongs to (e.g. like a suing skos:inScheme) ?
13:19:43 [Payam]
+q
13:19:56 [laurent_lefort_cs]
s/suing/using/
13:21:25 [kerry]
suggesting use a new annotation property for each "part" of the ontology -- and the annotation property may not be filled in (I'm not usre this quite makes sense)
13:21:39 [kerry]
maybe payams is beter
13:22:00 [Payam]
a different approach could be annotating new concepts or concetps that have been adapted from other ontologies
13:22:19 [Payam]
and preserving namespace for concepts which are directly included from external ontolgies
13:22:39 [kerry]
i am not comforatble with "preserving namespace"
13:23:31 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Vote on the idea to group things together within the same OWL file:
13:23:38 [laurent_lefort_cs]
+1
13:23:48 [kerry]
i don't get it either
13:24:01 [kerry]
i think we need a worked out proposal before voting on this
13:24:05 [cory]
what are the groups?
13:24:16 [kerry]
ok
13:24:21 [Payam]
question: do we need an annotation?
13:24:29 [michael]
+q
13:24:47 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ack Payam
13:25:57 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Michael: use the reference to the documentation page as the structuring/grouping method
13:26:05 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Vote on Michael's proposal:
13:26:09 [laurent_lefort_cs]
+1
13:27:52 [kerry]
+q
13:28:09 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ack michael
13:28:21 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ack kerry
13:28:22 [laurent_lefort_cs]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Terminology_and_Term_Provenance_in_the_Ontology
13:30:05 [Arthur]
I like the idea to group concepts inside the owl file, but I am not sure how you would do it. (question to Laurent)
13:30:32 [vhuang]
Kerry, using ontology as reference to the wiki when there is no automatic way to do it.
13:30:45 [Payam]
+q
13:31:18 [vhuang]
Payam, using RDF "seeAlso" to the wiki page.
13:31:53 [Payam]
using kerry's proposal: RDF rdfs:comments + RDF rdf:seeAlso to refer to wiki page
13:32:49 [laurent_lefort_cs]
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_utilvocab
13:33:27 [kerry]
+q
13:33:44 [Payam]
ack Payam
13:33:47 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.408.aadd
13:33:54 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ack kerry
13:34:17 [michael]
+q
13:34:48 [lbermude]
lbermude has joined #ssn
13:35:10 [Luis_Bermudez]
Luis_Bermudez has joined #ssn
13:35:24 [kerry]
+q
13:36:10 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ACTION: Kerry to add usage of see also in wiki page documenting annotations
13:36:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-29 - Add usage of see also in wiki page documenting annotations [on Kerry Taylor - due 2010-06-15].
13:36:24 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Topic: Status/work plan for the Ontology deliverable
13:36:47 [laurent_lefort_cs]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Semantic_Sensor_Net_Ontology
13:40:24 [laurent_lefort_cs]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Key_Sensor_Concepts
13:42:11 [Luis_Bermudez]
im here
13:43:28 [michael]
+q
13:43:29 [Luis_Bermudez]
+q
13:44:03 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Laurent describing the content of the two pages and the intent to identify the sub-deliverables of the Ontology work packages
13:45:58 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Michael: Reminder that figure in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Key_Sensor_Concepts does not reflect exactly the current ontology
13:49:30 [vhuang]
Luis, we should have one wiki page where all ontology linked to each other.
13:51:15 [kerry]
+q
13:52:31 [Luis_Bermudez]
+q
13:52:41 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ack kerry
13:53:35 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Discussion on how the external ontologies are related to the XG ontology: extensions/examples or mappings
13:53:47 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ack michael
13:53:50 [Payam]
ack michael
13:54:04 [Payam]
ack Luis_Bermudez
13:54:41 [vhuang]
Luis will capture the differences between the ontologies.
13:55:27 [Payam]
+q
13:55:40 [Luis_Bermudez]
+q
13:55:50 [Payam]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Semantic_Sensor_Net_Ontology
13:55:58 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Ack Payam
13:57:08 [vhuang]
Payam, we need to define the terminalogy first then see how it aligns with other ontology.
13:57:50 [Luis_Bermudez]
+q
13:58:26 [vhuang]
Laurent, we need examples.
13:58:51 [michael]
+q
13:59:22 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ack Luis_Bermudez
13:59:27 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ack michael
14:02:08 [vhuang]
Michael, all these parts are linked together, they belong to the same ontology.
14:02:15 [kerry]
this makes a lot of sense to me -- as long as it all stays in the same file at the end
14:02:46 [kerry]
i think laurent is also suggesting examples in separate files -- i think we can do this too
14:03:46 [kerry]
+q
14:04:42 [Zakim]
-kerry
14:06:46 [kerry]
soory folks -- it can wait
14:07:20 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Topic: Issue 5-7
14:07:39 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ISSUE-5 Separation of examples - Delivery of the SSN XG ontology and of examples in separate files
14:07:39 [laurent_lefort_cs]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/track/issues/5
14:09:36 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ISSUE-6 Pub. on ext. web sites - Versions of the SSN ontology published on external web sites
14:09:36 [laurent_lefort_cs]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/track/issues/6
14:09:38 [Payam]
+q
14:10:35 [Zakim]
-Payam
14:10:43 [kerry]
-kerry
14:11:47 [vhuang]
Payam will present group activity next at ICT summit. Please submit any issues to him.
14:14:06 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Action: Laurent to define the final place where the XG ontology will be delivered
14:14:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-30 - Define the final place where the XG ontology will be delivered [on Laurent Lefort - due 2010-06-15].
14:14:38 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ISSUE-7 Doc format/generation - Documentation format - Generation of documentation derived from the OWL file
14:14:38 [laurent_lefort_cs]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/track/issues/7
14:15:37 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Topic: AOB
14:16:01 [laurent_lefort_cs]
OGC TC Meeting in Silver Spring Luis will be there
14:17:32 [Zakim]
-michael
14:17:45 [Zakim]
-Arthur
14:17:50 [Zakim]
- +1.937.775.aacc
14:18:45 [Luis_Bermudez]
bye
14:18:48 [Zakim]
- +1.202.408.aadd
14:21:56 [Zakim]
-vhuang
14:21:58 [Zakim]
-krp
14:22:20 [vhuang]
vhuang has left #ssn
14:23:18 [Zakim]
-laurent_lefort_cs
14:23:20 [Zakim]
INC_SSN()9:00AM has ended
14:23:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were Payam, laurent_lefort_cs, michael, vhuang, Arthur, kerry, krp, +1.937.775.aacc, +1.202.408.aadd
14:24:00 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:24:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-minutes.html laurent_lefort_cs
14:25:11 [laurent_lefort_cs]
s/concetps/concepts/
14:25:17 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:25:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-minutes.html laurent_lefort_cs
14:25:52 [laurent_lefort_cs]
s/suing/using/
14:26:02 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:26:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-minutes.html laurent_lefort_cs
14:27:17 [laurent_lefort_cs]
s/soory/sorry/
14:29:14 [laurent_lefort_cs]
s/usre/sure/
14:32:03 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rrsagent, please generate minutes
14:32:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-minutes.html laurent_lefort_cs
15:33:31 [laurent_lefort_cs]
zakim, bye
15:33:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ssn
15:33:38 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rrsagent, bye
15:33:38 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-actions.rdf :
15:33:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kerry to add usage of see also in wiki page documenting annotations [1]
15:33:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-irc#T13-36-10
15:33:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Laurent to define the final place where the XG ontology will be delivered [2]
15:33:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-irc#T14-14-06