IRC log of soap-jms on 2010-06-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:01:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
16:01:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-soap-jms-irc
16:01:14 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:01:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
16:01:16 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
16:01:16 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start now
16:01:17 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
16:01:17 [trackbot]
Date: 08 June 2010
16:02:23 [eric]
Zakim, who is here?
16:02:23 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has not yet started, eric
16:02:24 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, peaston, mphillip, eric, Yves, trackbot
16:02:33 [eric]
Zakim, start SJMS
16:02:33 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'start SJMS', eric
16:02:39 [mphillip]
mphillip has changed the topic to: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Jun/0007.html (mphillip)
16:04:37 [eric]
Zakim, what conference is this
16:04:37 [Zakim]
eric, you need to end that query with '?'
16:04:44 [eric]
Zakim, what conference is this?
16:04:44 [Zakim]
this will be WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM conference code 7567, eric
16:06:11 [mphillip]
apologies - trying to get into the phone but zakim is not recognising my touch tones
16:07:19 [mphillip]
Chair: Eric
16:07:21 [mphillip]
Scribe: Mark
16:07:58 [mphillip]
trackbot, start telcon
16:08:00 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:08:02 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
16:08:02 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start 8 minutes ago
16:08:03 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
16:08:03 [trackbot]
Date: 08 June 2010
16:08:09 [eric]
Zakim, this is SJMS
16:08:09 [Zakim]
ok, eric; that matches WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM
16:08:17 [eric]
Zakim, who is here?
16:08:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.650.846.aaaa, +1.781.280.aabb, +1.919.663.aacc, +0196287aadd
16:08:21 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, peaston, mphillip, eric, Yves, trackbot
16:08:24 [eric]
Zakim, aaaa is eric
16:08:24 [Zakim]
+eric; got it
16:08:45 [mphillip]
Zakim, aadd is mark
16:08:45 [Zakim]
+mark; got it
16:09:00 [eric]
Zakim, aabb is peaston
16:09:00 [Zakim]
+peaston; got it
16:09:00 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 1) Appointment of the scribe
16:09:04 [mphillip]
done
16:09:15 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 2) Approval of prior meeting minutes
16:09:55 [mphillip]
No objections to approving minutes of 25th May
16:09:57 [eric]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Jun/0002.html
16:10:24 [mphillip]
No objections to approving minutes of 1st June (see link above)
16:10:38 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 3) Review the agenda
16:11:09 [mphillip]
Agenda approved without modification
16:11:17 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 4) Review action items
16:12:14 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/146 - Eric - still pending
16:13:10 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/154 - Mark - still pending - will be closed until we have more concrete test proposals
16:13:17 [mphillip]
cloase action-154
16:13:21 [mphillip]
close action-154
16:13:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-154 Investigate IBM's legal position in sharing or using IBM product test suites in interops tests closed
16:13:41 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/170 - Eric - Issue raised - action complete
16:13:45 [mphillip]
close action-170
16:13:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-170 Raise an Issue proposing the move of the WSDL 2 section to the appendix closed
16:14:10 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/171 - Eric - have made attempt to contact Glen - awaiting response
16:16:23 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/172 - Eric - no success in tracking down contacts within TIBCO who worked on JMS spec. - suggest we close
16:16:29 [mphillip]
close action-172
16:16:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-172 Track down original JMS contributors closed
16:16:54 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/174 - Peter - this action was complete 2 weeks ago
16:16:59 [mphillip]
close action-174
16:16:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-174 Send some reference links to the mailin list to support this proposal closed
16:17:47 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/175 - Peter - email sent yesterday -see
16:17:48 [mphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Jun/0004.html - action is complete
16:17:52 [mphillip]
close action-174
16:17:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-174 Send some reference links to the mailin list to support this proposal closed
16:18:09 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/176 - Peter - also complete
16:18:17 [mphillip]
close action-176
16:18:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-176 Re-write the explicit proposal for Issue 34 closed
16:18:23 [mphillip]
close action-175
16:18:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-175 Clarify the test description for test 1003 closed
16:19:01 [mphillip]
TOPIC: URI Specification
16:19:19 [mphillip]
Eric: No success in tracking down independent reviewers
16:19:31 [mphillip]
Mark: No response from Mark Hapner
16:22:19 [mphillip]
Mark: Phil has not heard from David Chappel
16:22:45 [mphillip]
Mark: In favour of submitting the URI spec. and getting in touch with IETF if any reviewers come forward
16:24:29 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: We should submit the current draft URI spec. to the IETF
16:24:51 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 6) Raised spec issues:
16:25:06 [mphillip]
New issue :
16:25:06 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/38
16:25:26 [mphillip]
- moving WSDL to non-normative appendix
16:26:25 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: We should open issue 38
16:26:40 [mphillip]
Regrets: Phil
16:26:51 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 7) Accepting proposals to close open issues
16:27:04 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/34
16:27:38 [mphillip]
Peter: Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Jun/0003.html
16:32:43 [mphillip]
Mark: Does the detail section get removed?
16:32:51 [mphillip]
Peter: Yes, the proposal replaces everything after "The SOAP 1.1 specification"
16:33:53 [mphillip]
Mark: Schema is missing" unsupportedLookupVariant" fault
16:34:42 [mphillip]
Eric: and also the "targetServiceNotAllowedInRequestURI" fault
16:37:29 [mphillip]
Mark: Should the 'should' be a RFC2119 'MUST'
16:39:28 [mphillip]
Eric: It is not really testable - could say "...the faultcode element values uses a QName..."
16:40:01 [mphillip]
Peter: I'm ok with that change
16:41:00 [mphillip]
All happy with the proposal after it has been amended with the two additonal fault codes, plus the correction to the word "should"
16:41:17 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The amended proposal for issue 34 is approved
16:42:38 [mphillip]
action: Peter to update the spec with the resolution to issue 34
16:42:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-177 - Update the spec with the resolution to issue 34 [on Peter Easton - due 2010-06-15].
16:43:21 [mphillip]
action: Eric to make a proposal for issue 38 (WSDL 2.0 section)
16:43:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-178 - Make a proposal for issue 38 (WSDL 2.0 section) [on Eric Johnson - due 2010-06-15].
16:43:32 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 8) Accepting applied resolutions:
16:43:32 [mphillip]
None
16:44:00 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 9) Moving to PR
16:44:35 [mphillip]
Peter: Changes to test cases have been checked into source repository
16:44:39 [eric]
Reviewing test case changes from peter: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Jun/0004.html
16:47:10 [mphillip]
All: No objection to changes
16:48:49 [mphillip]
Eric: Barrier to moving to PR is to sort out the test cases. Eric, will be talking to TIBCO implementation team next week
16:49:10 [mphillip]
Eric: Apache CXF is almost there
16:49:48 [mphillip]
Eric: Once CXF is done, we need two implementations that interoperate with CXF
16:50:51 [mphillip]
Eric: One test option would be to install software in (for example) Amazon EC2 and test it there
16:51:56 [mphillip]
Mark: But it would be adequate to test in-house - so IBM validated against CXF would give us 2 interoperable implementations
16:52:16 [mphillip]
Eric: Even better if we can get multiple impls working against CXF
16:52:20 [mphillip]
TOPIC: AOB
16:52:21 [mphillip]
none
16:52:29 [Zakim]
-eric
16:52:30 [Zakim]
-mark
16:52:31 [Zakim]
- +1.919.663.aacc
16:52:32 [Zakim]
-peaston
16:52:33 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:52:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.650.846.aaaa, +1.781.280.aabb, +1.919.663.aacc, +0196287aadd, eric, mark, peaston
16:52:46 [mphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:52:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-soap-jms-minutes.html mphillip
16:53:33 [mphillip]
mphillip has left #soap-jms
17:17:31 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
18:42:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms