IRC log of htmlt on 2010-06-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:03:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #htmlt
15:03:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:03:35 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:03:37 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be HTML
15:03:37 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG(HTMLT)11:00AM already started
15:03:38 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
15:03:38 [trackbot]
Date: 01 June 2010
15:04:08 [plh]
scribe: plh
15:04:24 [krisk]
meeting: HTML5 Testing Task Force
15:05:08 [krisk]
15:05:29 [plh]
topic: Check for any bugs on approved tests
15:05:32 [plh]
Kris: none
15:05:49 [plh]
Topic: Review Current Tests Posted To List For Approval
15:05:56 [plh]
Kris: no test to be approved.
15:06:05 [plh]
Topic: Discuss HTMLVideoElement Test
15:06:23 [plh]
--> Video test
15:08:24 [plh]
Kris: if someone want to do relative source, we'll need a small video in the repository
15:09:02 [plh]
plh: i'll make one
15:09:58 [krisk]
gsnedders did you take a peek at the video test?
15:10:18 [plh]
plh: in the test itself, you're manipulating the video using the DOM. are we fine with that?
15:10:54 [plh]
gsnedders: I was going to send feedback to the list
15:11:32 [plh]
Kris: are we fine with formats?
15:11:37 [krisk]
15:11:46 [plh]
gsnedders: I can help generate the webm version
15:11:59 [plh]
plh: I'll send you a link to the mjpeg original
15:12:20 [krisk]
This one doesn't manipulate the DOM, though it does a document.write
15:12:49 [krisk]
Though it would be possible (another test) to create a video element and then set the src attribute in a simalar manner
15:13:34 [krisk]
gsnedders are you going to send some feedback on the test format to the list?
15:14:12 [krisk]
I think that would be good, since unlike some other tests the video/audio are going to require some human to verify
15:16:18 [plh]
plh: what are you supposed to see if the video is not playing?
15:16:34 [plh]
gsnedders: the first frame at 00:00:00
15:16:41 [krisk]
So then do we want to add an image to say what the video should look like?
15:16:54 [krisk]
Then maybe the same could be down at a given time?
15:17:01 [plh]
gsnedders: you could a ref test
15:17:51 [plh]
plh: I can add the first frame
15:18:14 [plh]
gsnedders: add also an other frame at one second as well.
15:19:35 [plh]
kris: you can only do approximation, due to video compression, even if you target a key frame
15:20:42 [plh]
gsnedders: that wouldn't work indeed, unless you get the frames from the video itself, in each format
15:22:05 [plh]
plh: I can make a video with a single frame
15:22:49 [plh]
gsnedders: make the entire video red apart from one frame
15:22:59 [krisk]
You can make it start red and change to green at a specific frame/frames.
15:23:53 [plh]
plh: ok, I'll make one
15:25:01 [plh]
kris: you can make a similar one for the video, with one beep at a particular time
15:25:09 [plh]
plh: sure
15:25:12 [krisk]
15:25:53 [krisk]
any more comments on that agenda item?
15:26:15 [krisk]
my only comment would be to get this approved once we have this agreed upon.
15:26:18 [plh]
s/could a ref/could do a ref/
15:26:37 [krisk]
next agenda item
15:26:48 [krisk]
wrong copy/paste..
15:27:40 [krisk]
next agenda item - Status Update for pushing tests from hg ->
15:28:13 [plh]
Topic: Status Update for pushing tests from Hg to
15:28:28 [plh]
plh: I haven't been able to talk to the individual in charge of that
15:28:52 [krisk]
I've also started to take a peek at james async test example
15:30:50 [plh]
plh: I looked at the HTML5 spec and I don't think we're going to be able to generate automatic assertions out of it
15:31:07 [plh]
... we'll need to by hand and write test assertions
15:31:09 [Zakim]
15:31:16 [Zakim]
15:31:23 [krisk]
thanks - seems like the best approach is to just create them from the spec and get agreement
15:31:42 [plh]
zakim, drop krisk
15:31:42 [Zakim]
krisk is being disconnected
15:31:43 [Zakim]
HTML_WG(HTMLT)11:00AM has ended
15:31:45 [krisk]
present: krisk, phl, gsnedders
15:31:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were Plh, gsnedders, krisk
15:31:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate plh
15:32:27 [plh]
Chris: Kris
15:32:42 [plh]
Meeting: HTML5 Testing Task Force
15:32:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate plh
15:32:51 [plh]
Chair: Kris
15:32:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate plh
15:41:44 [Ms2ger]
Ms2ger has joined #HTMLT
16:58:57 [plh]
plh has left #htmlt
17:42:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #htmlt