IRC log of ssn on 2010-05-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:09:18 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ssn
13:09:18 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/05/25-ssn-irc
13:09:20 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:09:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ssn
13:09:22 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7769
13:09:22 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see INC_SSN()9:00AM scheduled to start 9 minutes ago
13:09:23 [trackbot]
Meeting: Semantic Sensor Network Incubator Group Teleconference
13:09:23 [trackbot]
Date: 25 May 2010
13:09:25 [krp]
krp has joined #ssn
13:09:53 [laurent_lefort_cs]
chair: laurent_lefort
13:11:17 [kerry]
zakim, who's on the phone?
13:11:17 [Zakim]
INC_SSN()9:00AM has not yet started, kerry
13:11:18 [Zakim]
On IRC I see krp, Zakim, RRSAgent, cory, laurent_lefort_cs, kerry, rgarcia, Arthur, michael_, trackbot
13:11:55 [kerry]
zakim, this is inc_ssn
13:11:55 [Zakim]
ok, kerry; that matches INC_SSN()9:00AM
13:12:11 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
13:12:26 [rgarcia]
zakim, [IPcaller.a] is me
13:12:26 [Zakim]
+rgarcia; got it
13:12:27 [Zakim]
+krp
13:12:32 [kerry]
zakim, who's on the phone?
13:12:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +40.97.8.aaaa, ??P7, [IPcaller], +1.937.775.aabb, ??P14, ??P15, rgarcia, krp
13:12:34 [Zakim]
-??P15
13:12:38 [Zakim]
-??P14
13:12:51 [Zakim]
+??P15
13:13:01 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
13:13:11 [Arthur]
zakim, ??P15 is me
13:13:11 [Zakim]
+Arthur; got it
13:13:20 [laurent_lefort_cs]
zakim, [IPCaller.a] is me
13:13:20 [Zakim]
+laurent_lefort_cs; got it
13:13:54 [Zakim]
-??P7
13:14:21 [laurent_lefort_cs]
trackbot, status
13:14:23 [Zakim]
+??P7
13:14:31 [michael_]
zakim, ??P7 is me
13:14:31 [Zakim]
+michael_; got it
13:15:54 [kerry]
zakim, who's on the phone?
13:15:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +40.97.8.aaaa, [IPcaller], +1.937.775.aabb, rgarcia, krp, Arthur, laurent_lefort_cs, michael_
13:17:01 [kerry]
agenda?
13:17:21 [laurent_lefort_cs]
agenda + Project check point
13:17:59 [laurent_lefort_cs]
scribenick rgarcia
13:18:13 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Topic Project point
13:18:40 [laurent_lefort_cs]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Semantic_Sensor_Net_Ontology
13:18:52 [kerry]
scribenick: rgarcia
13:19:08 [rgarcia]
Topic: Project check point
13:19:17 [laurent_lefort_cs]
zakim, who's making noise
13:19:17 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's making noise', laurent_lefort_cs
13:19:30 [laurent_lefort_cs]
zakim, who is making noise
13:19:30 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is making noise', laurent_lefort_cs
13:19:41 [kerry]
zakim, who's making noise?
13:19:52 [Zakim]
kerry, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +40.97.8.aaaa (24%)
13:20:25 [kerry]
zakim, who's making noise?
13:20:36 [Zakim]
kerry, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: laurent_lefort_cs (39%)
13:20:54 [kerry]
i can hear
13:21:23 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Project status: open (and closed) items, listing of OWL products
13:21:42 [luis_Bermudez]
luis_Bermudez has joined #ssn
13:22:43 [dongmei]
dongmei has joined #ssn
13:22:57 [dongmei]
hi,sorry for late
13:23:42 [Zakim]
+[MIT528]
13:26:53 [kerry]
+q
13:26:57 [rgarcia]
Laurent: We are working in different products related to the ontology: the ontology and its extensions, other related ontology products, examples, and extensions
13:27:03 [rgarcia]
Laurent: any comment?
13:27:18 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ack kerry
13:28:03 [rgarcia]
Kerry: What is the rationale behind this?
13:28:16 [rgarcia]
Laurent: To provide an overview of what we are doing
13:28:55 [rgarcia]
... by defining sub-products of the ontology deliverable
13:30:03 [rgarcia]
... or products external to the group but that are related to it
13:35:48 [kerry]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Deployments,_Systems_and_Devices
13:36:15 [rgarcia]
Topic: Deployments, Systems and devices
13:36:41 [kerry]
i can hear michael
13:37:07 [michael_]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/File:DeploymentandProcess.png
13:38:28 [krp]
the third was the time over which the "deployment" is installed
13:40:51 [kerry]
+q
13:41:14 [michael_]
+q
13:43:13 [rgarcia]
Michael: Sensor networks are systems attached to a platform
13:43:24 [rgarcia]
... they are not platforms
13:44:03 [michael_]
+q
13:44:33 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ack kerry
13:44:56 [rgarcia]
Kerry: I want to have deployed systems that are composed of other deployed systems
13:45:23 [krp]
I think a Deployed System can comprise of several Systems (it's a sublass); each Deployed System can have several Deployments (the events)
13:45:37 [krp]
(re-)Deployments
13:45:58 [krp]
So I think it covers your case, Kerry
13:46:17 [kerry]
I meant to ask -- what is the arrow between deployment and deployed systm?
13:46:58 [rgarcia]
The hasDeloyment property
13:47:27 [krp]
I assumed hasDeployment was offset a little and it was that
13:47:55 [krp]
Though I'm not totally clear why DeployedSystem has to exist over System
13:48:51 [krp]
Isn't a System that hasDeployment implicitly deployed - does it need to be explicit?
13:50:11 [kerry]
Seems to me that it need not be explicit
13:50:21 [michael_]
agreed
13:50:27 [rgarcia]
+q
13:50:43 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ack michael_
13:50:47 [kerry]
+q
13:51:41 [krp]
it would seem less confusing in Kerry's case where a system that's deployed contains another system that in itself has previously been deployed
13:51:56 [krp]
so yes, I suspect it need not be explicit
13:52:09 [krp]
and would be tidied for redeployed and subsumed systems
13:52:11 [kerry]
-q
13:52:21 [laurent_lefort_cs]
ack rgarcia
13:53:13 [kerry]
I think we decided to remove
13:53:22 [kerry]
the "deployed system" class
13:53:46 [kerry]
perhaps krp could speak to that?
13:55:25 [Arthur]
Deployment in this draft describes the deployment-time, what about deployment location either absolute or relative?
13:56:03 [michael_]
+q
13:56:07 [kerry]
sounds right to me
13:56:57 [kerry]
and for symmetry -- shouln't there also be an end_deployment location?
13:57:08 [krp]
so does System have a location? or is it a property that makes a DeployedSystem explicit?
13:57:13 [rgarcia]
Michael: DOLCE:process does not have a location, the participants of the process do have a location
13:57:51 [laurent_lefort_cs]
Topic: Review of the mechanism for the annotation of ontology content
13:58:05 [laurent_lefort_cs]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Terminology_and_Term_Provenance_in_the_Ontology
13:58:12 [krp]
Kerry - yes (and kelsey suggested commissioned and decommissioned as clearer terminology for the deployment event)
13:58:18 [rgarcia]
Action: Michael to analyse the representation of location for next meeting
13:58:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-26 - Analyse the representation of location for next meeting [on Michael Compton - due 2010-06-01].
13:58:31 [rgarcia]
Topic: Provenance in the ontology
13:59:21 [Zakim]
- +40.97.8.aaaa
13:59:29 [kerry]
my phone just went dead!
13:59:39 [kerry]
please look at the link
13:59:43 [kerry]
I will type quickly
13:59:59 [kerry]
I propose that we have a very simple approach
14:00:18 [kerry]
to capture the "definition" of a "term" in our ontology
14:00:39 [kerry]
where "term" means "class", and probably don't bother with properties
14:00:51 [kerry]
we use the annotation proprty
14:01:11 [kerry]
"rdfs:comment: for the English definition of the intention of the term
14:01:24 [kerry]
and we use he annotation propprt dc:source
14:01:42 [kerry]
fto indicate (in free text) where we got it from.
14:01:45 [kerry]
over.
14:02:36 [rgarcia]
+q
14:02:43 [kerry]
I can't hear discussion ... if there is some perhaps you could summarise for me?
14:03:21 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rgarcia: we need to document the properties too
14:03:47 [michael_]
+q
14:03:55 [laurent_lefort_cs]
laurent (to rgarcia): do you have an example of documented properties?
14:04:10 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rgarcia: no but it would be similar using comments and dc:source
14:05:15 [rgarcia]
yes
14:05:33 [rgarcia]
Michael: properties are also described in the specifications
14:06:05 [rgarcia]
Topic: AOB
14:06:53 [rgarcia]
Laurent: Will give a talk about the SSN-XG next Thursday
14:07:27 [Zakim]
-[MIT528]
14:07:28 [Zakim]
- +1.937.775.aabb
14:07:32 [Zakim]
-Arthur
14:07:33 [Zakim]
-rgarcia
14:07:36 [Zakim]
-michael_
14:07:39 [Zakim]
-krp
14:07:41 [michael_]
michael_ has left #ssn
14:07:51 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
14:08:26 [kerry]
laurent -- i think i should have an action to fix up the wiki page according to waht was decided but i'm not sure what was decided.
14:08:30 [kerry]
I'll catch you thursday.
14:08:51 [kerry]
no -- friday probably.
14:09:05 [kerry]
ok -- monday!
14:09:11 [kerry]
bye!
14:10:06 [laurent_lefort_cs]
zakim, bye
14:10:06 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +40.97.8.aaaa, [IPcaller], +1.937.775.aabb, krp, rgarcia, Arthur, laurent_lefort_cs, michael_, [MIT528]
14:10:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ssn
14:10:29 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rrsagent, make log public
14:10:30 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:10:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/25-ssn-minutes.html laurent_lefort_cs
14:10:30 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rrsagent, bye
14:10:30 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/05/25-ssn-actions.rdf :
14:10:30 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to analyse the representation of location for next meeting [1]
14:10:30 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/05/25-ssn-irc#T13-58-18
14:32:18 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ssn
14:32:18 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/05/25-ssn-irc
14:32:27 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rssagent, generate minutes
14:35:34 [laurent_lefort_cs]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:35:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/25-ssn-minutes.html laurent_lefort_cs