IRC log of lld on 2010-05-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:00:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #lld
14:00:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/05/21-lld-irc
14:00:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #lld
14:00:22 [koalie]
Zakim, this will be inc_lldxg
14:00:22 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, koalie
14:00:29 [koalie]
Zakim, list?
14:00:29 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, koalie.
14:00:36 [koalie]
Zakim, conferences?
14:00:36 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, koalie.
14:00:40 [koalie]
Zakim, conference?
14:00:40 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, koalie.
14:00:55 [koalie]
Zakim, this will be lldxg
14:00:55 [Zakim]
ok, koalie; I see INC_(LLDXG)10:30AM scheduled to start in 30 minutes
14:01:35 [koalie]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:02:47 [koalie]
koalie has changed the topic to: LLD-XG intro call - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/charter.html
14:07:49 [koalie2]
koalie2 has left #lld
14:17:55 [Emmanuelle_]
Emmanuelle_ has joined #lld
14:25:40 [Emmanuelle]
Emmanuelle has joined #lld
14:27:18 [antoine]
antoine has joined #lld
14:28:52 [koalie]
hello!
14:29:01 [koalie]
give me a minute and I'll be on the call
14:29:11 [Emmanuelle]
hi
14:30:32 [TomB]
TomB has joined #lld
14:30:41 [koalie]
Zakim, code?
14:30:41 [Zakim]
the conference code is 55394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), koalie
14:30:54 [Zakim]
INC_(LLDXG)10:30AM has now started
14:31:01 [Zakim]
+koalie
14:31:10 [Zakim]
+ +31.20.420.aaaa
14:31:12 [Zakim]
-koalie
14:31:14 [Zakim]
+koalie
14:31:30 [koalie]
Zakim, aaaa is Antoine
14:31:30 [Zakim]
+Antoine; got it
14:31:41 [Zakim]
+ +5379aabb
14:31:53 [koalie]
Zakim, aabb is Emmanuelle
14:31:53 [Zakim]
+Emmanuelle; got it
14:32:10 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:32:22 [koalie]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is Tom
14:32:22 [Zakim]
+Tom; got it
14:35:25 [koalie]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Main_Page
14:38:13 [antoine]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/SKOS
14:40:46 [antoine]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/
14:41:07 [TomB]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld-xg/
14:41:14 [TomB]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/
14:43:40 [antoine]
+1 woth what TomB is going to say!
14:43:48 [antoine]
s/woth/with
14:44:33 [koalie]
TomB: I would like an additional list, called something like public-lld
14:45:47 [TomB]
public-xhtml2@w3.org
14:46:10 [koalie]
antoine: public-lld would be specific to the xg even in public
14:46:13 [TomB]
List Purpose: This is the public mailing list for the XHTML2 Working Group.
14:46:23 [koalie]
... the other would be community oriented, and not pulluted by group administration
14:47:10 [TomB]
public-rdfa@w3.org and public-rdfa-wg@w3.org
14:49:21 [koalie]
Tom: want to limit participation to people who are actively contributing and writing deliverables
14:49:51 [koalie]
... for people who are interested in the work of the group, we want to give then a channel
14:49:59 [koalie]
... like done in RDFa
14:50:15 [koalie]
... and this is used as a community list
14:50:51 [koalie]
... It would be helpful to have a second public list
14:51:15 [antoine]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/ was used as the community-oriented list nest to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/
14:51:24 [antoine]
s/nest/next
14:53:53 [koalie]
coralie: the public-xg-lld can survive the XG
14:53:58 [koalie]
... we don't need to close it.
14:54:20 [koalie]
Coralie: I'll ask about your second list and will report.
14:55:13 [koalie]
Antoine: in SWD we had access to a part of w3.org
14:55:27 [koalie]
Tom: CVS access
14:55:34 [koalie]
Coralie: Will you need CVS access?
14:55:42 [koalie]
... you can have CVS access
14:55:47 [koalie]
Antoine: We can start with the wiki
14:55:52 [koalie]
Tom: I think we need a web page
14:58:43 [TomB]
Coralie: To get CVS acccess, send me your SSH public key.
14:58:47 [koalie]
Coralie: I'm the one helping you with CVS access, just provide me with your SSH public key
14:59:55 [TomB]
Coralie is breaking up...
15:00:10 [koalie]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/xg-guide.html
15:01:07 [koalie]
Emmanuelle: I'll have to learn how to use IRC and Zakim
15:02:11 [TomB]
Antoine: Qst about minutes of meeting. rrsagent, please draft minutes, then corrected. After that, meetings were put in W3C space. Should we put on wiki or in W3C space?
15:02:34 [TomB]
Coralie: Either space. Some prefer to write only in wiki. No expectation.
15:02:50 [TomB]
... Scribe tools will work the same as in SWD.
15:03:38 [koalie]
RRSagent, make minutes
15:03:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/21-lld-minutes.html koalie
15:03:50 [TomB]
q+ to ask whether the OWL2 minutes tool is available
15:04:13 [koalie]
meeting: Introduction to XG life
15:04:21 [koalie]
chair: Coralie
15:04:25 [koalie]
RRSagent, make minutes
15:04:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/21-lld-minutes.html koalie
15:05:08 [TomB]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/Scribing.html
15:07:02 [koalie]
ack tom
15:07:02 [Zakim]
TomB, you wanted to ask whether the OWL2 minutes tool is available
15:07:03 [TomB]
I wrote a guide to setting up a telecon on Zakim - see Scribing.html
15:07:32 [koalie]
[antoine looks for the OWL2 minutes tool link]
15:08:52 [antoine]
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2009-05-27
15:09:14 [TomB]
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2008-09-10
15:09:19 [koalie]
formatted by commonscribe
15:09:24 [koalie]
-> http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/ CommonScribe
15:09:50 [koalie]
Coralie: feel free to use any minute formatting tool, really no expectation from us
15:11:12 [TomB]
+1 Antoine to use simple minutes
15:11:33 [TomB]
q+ to ask about issue tracker
15:11:38 [koalie]
ack tom
15:11:38 [Zakim]
TomB, you wanted to ask about issue tracker
15:11:49 [Emmanuelle]
+1 to use simple minutes
15:12:53 [koalie]
Tom: We might need one later.
15:13:08 [TomB]
Everyone still out there?
15:13:11 [koalie]
Antoine: the end of the XG guide gives instructions on how to request a tracker.
15:14:17 [TomB]
q+ to ask whether XG Chairs will automatically join SWCG
15:15:03 [koalie]
ack tom
15:15:03 [Zakim]
TomB, you wanted to ask whether XG Chairs will automatically join SWCG
15:15:20 [TomB]
Semantic Web Coordination Group
15:15:45 [TomB]
and chairs@w3.org?
15:16:23 [koalie]
Coralie: I don't know, I'll ask.
15:16:49 [koalie]
Tom: I'm already part of it. I believe I can stay on. The question is whether Antoine and Emmanuelle they can join that group,
15:17:02 [koalie]
... and the question to them is whether they want to be part of that group
15:17:12 [koalie]
... it's not mandatory, but it's interesting.
15:17:28 [koalie]
Coralie: I'll let you discuss about the latter, and I'll ask about the former.
15:17:57 [koalie]
Tom: It provides a way to keep in touch with major milestones.
15:18:35 [koalie]
Coralie: re: chairs@w3.org yes that will be automatic.
15:23:55 [koalie]
Tom: I have a question on how any Invited Experts we can expect to have in the XG
15:24:08 [koalie]
... We'll proceed cautiously with IEs
15:24:16 [koalie]
Coralie: Yes
15:24:35 [koalie]
... IE applications are reviewed by Mauro Nunez and the W3C Management
15:24:46 [koalie]
... keeping a balance is good
15:26:26 [koalie]
... no clear-cut answer, it's really case by case, if you need many IEs
15:26:43 [koalie]
Tom: library world is big
15:26:56 [koalie]
... Many are not Members
15:27:10 [koalie]
Emmanuelle: Libraries in universities
15:27:19 [koalie]
... Some can be persuaded to join later, like BNF
15:27:32 [koalie]
[Coralie was going to make the same point]
15:27:49 [koalie]
Tom: XG is a good way to recruit new Members, by getting them involved
15:27:53 [koalie]
... We'll see how it goes.
15:28:20 [koalie]
Mauro Nunez
15:33:16 [koalie]
[adjourned]
15:33:26 [Zakim]
-koalie
15:33:27 [koalie]
RRSagent, make minutes
15:33:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/21-lld-minutes.html koalie
15:34:03 [TomB]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
15:34:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/21-lld-minutes.html TomB
15:34:03 [koalie]
Zakim, list attendees
15:34:03 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been koalie, +31.20.420.aaaa, Antoine, +5379aabb, Emmanuelle, Tom
15:34:07 [koalie]
RRSagent, make minutes
15:34:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/21-lld-minutes.html koalie
15:34:58 [koalie]
s/<koalie> ->/<kooalie> ->/g
15:35:01 [koalie]
RRSagent, make minutes
15:35:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/21-lld-minutes.html koalie
15:35:50 [koalie]
RRSAgent, bye
15:35:50 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items