IRC log of soap-jms on 2010-05-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:54:45 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:54:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:54:47 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:54:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
15:54:49 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:54:49 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
15:54:50 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:54:50 [trackbot]
Date: 18 May 2010
15:55:59 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
15:56:06 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.663.aaaa
16:00:49 [Derek]
Derek has joined #SOAP-JMS
16:00:50 [mphillip]
16:01:00 [mphillip]
16:01:19 [Zakim]
16:01:24 [padams2]
padams2 has joined #soap-jms
16:01:38 [Zakim]
16:01:39 [padams]
Zakim, who is here?
16:01:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see alewis, padams, Derek
16:01:42 [Zakim]
On IRC I see padams, Derek, Zakim, RRSAgent, mphillip, alewis, Yves, trackbot
16:02:02 [Zakim]
+ +0196287aabb
16:02:11 [mphillip]
zakim, aabb is Mark
16:02:11 [Zakim]
+Mark; got it
16:02:13 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
16:02:45 [Zakim]
16:03:11 [Zakim]
16:03:37 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:03:45 [mphillip]
Chair: Eric
16:04:39 [Zakim]
16:04:41 [mphillip]
Topic: 1) Appointment of the scribe
16:04:46 [mphillip]
scribe: Mark
16:04:57 [mphillip]
Topic: 2) Approval of prior meeting minutes
16:06:39 [mphillip]
Topic: Review the Agenda
16:06:56 [mphillip]
Topic: Review action items
16:06:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.750.aacc
16:07:14 [mphillip]
Mark: No progress on 148 and 154
16:08:43 [mphillip]
Peter: 163 (Contact people who are committing changes related to SOAP/JMS for the Apache CXF ) believe this is closed - Peter has been raising Jiras against CXF
16:08:49 [mphillip]
close action-163
16:08:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-163 Contact people who are committing changes related to SOAP/JMS for the Apache CXF project closed
16:09:20 [mphillip]
Eric: 166 - URI has been republished
16:09:25 [mphillip]
close action-166
16:09:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-166 Update the URI RFC and republish, then resubmit to IETF review mailing list closed
16:10:17 [mphillip]
Eric: 167 - have sent mail to Yves. Yves is comfortable with the idea that we could move WSDL 2 section to a non-normative appendix
16:10:23 [mphillip]
close action-167
16:10:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-167 Talk to Yves about possibility of making WSDL 2.0 section non-normative closed
16:10:45 [mphillip]
TOPIC: URI Specification
16:11:24 [mphillip]
...has been posted to URI review list with the older IETF language
16:12:18 [mphillip]
Eric: URI specification is now stored in mercurial repository - email Eric to get a link to the Trunk
16:12:49 [mphillip]
Eric: Minor changes made to date and to fix namespacing of some example URIs
16:12:54 [eric]
16:15:07 [mphillip]
Eric: Open issue 27 and action 146 cover the final part - to update the binding spec to point to latest draft
16:15:31 [mphillip]
Topic: Raised issues
16:16:34 [mphillip]
Issue 29 needs a note from me to the list - will not involve spec. changes, but may be FAQ changes
16:16:53 [mphillip]
Peter: New issues 34-37
16:17:23 [mphillip]
Eric: How do we want to track/treat issues with test cases?
16:18:58 [mphillip]
Peter: Would be happy to treat them as action items rather than issues if that is easier
16:20:44 [mphillip]
Eric: We probably don't need the full 4-step Issue workflow to change test cases -would be OK to discuss, then raise action items and fix them
16:22:01 [mphillip]
Eric: then we review the change at the next meeting
16:22:24 [mphillip]
All: No problems with the lightweight process for test case changes
16:23:19 [mphillip]
Peter: - we need schema for the SOAP faults
16:24:49 [mphillip]
Eric: We have schema in Appendix B
16:25:02 [mphillip]
Mark: But that just covers the properties
16:25:31 [eric];%20charset=utf-8#binding-faults
16:25:38 [mphillip]
Peter: This XML schema is based on the way that WS-Addressing defines faults
16:26:13 [mphillip]
Eric: 2 problems with faults - described differently between SOAP 1.1 and 1.2
16:27:59 [mphillip]
Eric: For SOAP 1.1 we would need to define elements in the schema
16:28:15 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No objection to opening Issue 34
16:29:38 [mphillip]
Peter: Issue 35 - tests exploring WSDL precedence use the wrong value for delivery mode PERSISTENT
16:30:25 [mphillip]
Peter: Should be 2
16:30:57 [peaston]
16:32:22 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No objection to opening Issue 35
16:32:47 [mphillip]
Peter: Issue 36
16:33:43 [peaston]
16:37:31 [mphillip]
Peter: There's a reference to Protocol-2013 which has been removed and Protocol-2012 which does not appear relevant to this testcase
16:39:06 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No objection to opening Issue 36
16:39:15 [mphillip]
Peter: Issue 37
16:40:01 [mphillip]
Peter: We should have some positive tests for SOAP 1.2
16:40:41 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No objection to opening Issue 37
16:41:34 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 7) Accepting proposals to close open issues
16:42:04 [mphillip]
Eric: Issue 34 needs a more detailed proposal
16:43:25 [mphillip]
Peter: Agreed - SOAP 1.1 will need some special treatment
16:43:44 [mphillip]
action Peter to develop a more detailed proposal for issue 34
16:43:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-168 - Develop a more detailed proposal for issue 34 [on Peter Easton - due 2010-05-25].
16:43:47 [Zakim]
16:44:25 [mphillip]
Eric: It would be worth adding some text to indicate that it follows the pattern used by WS-Addressing
16:46:26 [mphillip]
Peter: happy to take an action item to apply resolutions for Issues 35-37
16:46:42 [mphillip]
action Peter to apply resolutions for Issues 35-37
16:46:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-169 - Apply resolutions for Issues 35-37 [on Peter Easton - due 2010-05-25].
16:46:59 [mphillip]
Topic: Accepting applied resolutions
16:47:00 [mphillip]
16:47:05 [mphillip]
Topic: Moving to PR
16:47:38 [mphillip]
Eric: Need to finish Issue 27
16:48:47 [mphillip]
Eric: We need the WSDL 2 changes - to tka the text and make it a non-normative section
16:51:28 [mphillip]
This would involve removing assertions (if there are any), and adding a brief paragraph
16:52:16 [mphillip]
Action Eric to raise an Issue proposing the move of the WSDL 2 section to the appendix
16:52:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-170 - Raise an Issue proposing the move of the WSDL 2 section to the appendix [on Eric Johnson - due 2010-05-25].
16:52:55 [mphillip]
Topic: AOB
16:53:50 [mphillip]
16:53:52 [Zakim]
- +1.512.750.aacc
16:53:52 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
16:53:53 [Zakim]
16:53:53 [Zakim]
16:53:54 [Zakim]
16:53:55 [Zakim]
16:53:56 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:53:57 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.919.663.aaaa, alewis, padams, Derek, +0196287aabb, Mark, peaston, eric, +1.512.750.aacc
16:54:11 [mphillip]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:54:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mphillip
16:56:57 [padams]
padams has left #soap-jms
17:20:34 [mphillip]
mphillip has left #soap-jms
18:05:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms