IRC log of mediaann on 2010-05-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:02:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
11:02:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/05/18-mediaann-irc
11:03:03 [fsasaki]
meeting: MAWG
11:03:09 [fsasaki]
chair: Daniel
11:03:35 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010May/0030.html
11:03:37 [Zakim]
+wonsuk
11:04:09 [joakim]
Scribe: Joakim
11:04:38 [daniel]
http://www.w3.org/2010/05/18-mediaann-minutes.html
11:04:45 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
11:05:02 [daniel]
http://www.w3.org/2010/05/11-mediaann-minutes.html
11:05:03 [joakim]
Topic: Minutes from last meeting
11:05:49 [joakim]
Minutes from last meeting approved
11:06:09 [joakim]
Next telecon June 25
11:06:09 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
11:06:56 [joakim]
Topic: Open Actions Items
11:07:10 [fsasaki]
present: Joakim, wonsuk, daniel, john, fsasaki
11:07:39 [joakim]
Regrets: Werner, Tobias
11:08:06 [fsasaki]
regrets+ florian
11:08:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/18-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:08:13 [joakim]
Keep Action 214 open
11:09:15 [joakim]
close: 225
11:09:29 [joakim]
close Action- 225
11:09:36 [joakim]
close: Action-225
11:09:50 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-225
11:09:50 [trackbot]
ACTION-225 Inclusion of mapping table into ontology document closed
11:11:24 [joakim]
234 keep open
11:11:33 [joakim]
close: ACTION-236
11:11:37 [joakim]
close ACTION-236
11:11:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-236 Make table 4.1.2 same format as the mapping table (using the same template) closed
11:12:20 [joakim]
close ACTION-237
11:12:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-237 examples missing for getDiagnosis, getOriginalData, getSourceFormatsWithValues, selectMAResource closed
11:12:29 [joakim]
close ACTION-238
11:12:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-238 Add example regarding column 11 closed
11:12:39 [fsasaki]
present+ chris
11:12:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/18-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:13:02 [veronique]
veronique has joined #mediaann
11:13:38 [joakim]
close ACTION-250
11:13:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-250 Prepare a document containing the examples from thes introduction (to be used for test cases) closed
11:14:13 [Zakim]
+[VrijeUni]
11:14:22 [joakim]
close ACTION-251
11:14:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-251 Supply jpeg images with exif closed
11:14:35 [veronique]
zakim, +[VrijeUni] is me
11:14:35 [Zakim]
sorry, veronique, I do not recognize a party named '+[VrijeUni]'
11:14:39 [joakim]
present+ Veronique
11:15:12 [veronique]
zakim, VrijeUni is me
11:15:12 [Zakim]
+veronique; got it
11:15:20 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/NightOnEarthMPEG7
11:15:31 [joakim]
close ACTION-253
11:15:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-253 Provide mpeg-7 describing a movie closed
11:16:52 [joakim]
Topic: Status of Ontology Doc
11:18:05 [wonsuk]
The diff version between the result of Vienna f2f meeting and the last one: http://tinyurl.com/2er68a5
11:18:10 [joakim]
Daniel: to communicate with thierry regarding publication
11:18:17 [fsasaki]
felix: for LC preparation you need to have a record of a vote for the LC publication, and somebody to prepare the document. That will be Thierry I guess
11:18:36 [fsasaki]
s/felix:/Felix:/
11:19:30 [veronique]
I still don't understand what this means (identifier:URI), (type:String)
11:19:37 [daniel]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html
11:23:22 [joakim]
Wonsuk: Has incorprated the text frŚn John and Joakim into the ontology
11:24:33 [joakim]
Veronique: Do we really define an ontology according to the definition?
11:25:46 [fsasaki]
+1 to Veronique's proposal
11:25:52 [joakim]
Veronique: Add one sentence to the definition that explains the difference between the scientific meaning of an ontology to what we present
11:26:41 [joakim]
Veronique: Will send a sentence to the mailing list later to day!
11:27:23 [joakim]
Q: do we have to cerate an URL to our namespace?
11:27:43 [fsasaki]
Felix: you need to create a namespace document
11:27:57 [fsasaki]
I will paste the URI for the explanation in IRC in a second
11:28:10 [fsasaki]
Felix: Thierry should also take care of that
11:28:19 [joakim]
But we can do that after LC?
11:28:39 [fsasaki]
Felix: no, normally not
11:28:47 [fsasaki]
Felix: better check with Thierry
11:29:19 [joakim]
action: Joakim to create a namespace doc
11:29:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-259 - Create a namespace doc [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-05-25].
11:29:33 [fsasaki]
Felix: document about namespace documents is at http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri
11:30:40 [Zakim]
-Felix
11:30:40 [joakim]
veronique: why do we want represent position with lon,lat
11:31:52 [joakim]
veronique: don't understand: maidentifier format
11:32:08 [joakim]
Explain Chris, Wonsuk
11:35:19 [joakim]
veronique: should altidude not be optional!
11:35:26 [joakim]
Wonsuk: it is!
11:36:57 [joakim]
werner and wonsuk have added some explanation for the sub-type in 4.2.
11:37:23 [joakim]
added a short senctnece about the API doc
11:37:52 [joakim]
Wonsuk has integrated the mapping pages as static pages into the doc
11:41:27 [joakim]
I dont have MAYA set up on my new computer
11:41:38 [joakim]
Can someone help out?
11:41:59 [joakim]
Thanks Wonsuk:-)
11:42:42 [joakim]
Problem with CL and EBU tables
11:43:56 [joakim]
Wonsuk revised the references by moving some ref from nor to non-nor
11:44:50 [joakim]
Daniel: Issues about the Onotology Doc: small sentence from Ver and remove empty columns!
11:44:54 [joakim]
any more issues?
11:45:15 [joakim]
John should elaborate on the conformance part
11:45:50 [veronique]
"In this recommendation, the vocabulary in question is the list of core properties (relationships) defined in the ma namespace, and the machine-readable format is not specified here: the recommendation provides a simple text description and definition of the relationships. An implementation of the vocabulary in RDF has been developed in the MAWG RDF? task force [REF]. Implementations in different formats are nevertheless allowed."
11:45:50 [joakim]
There are two AP that John will carry out when Wonsuk is ready
11:46:00 [veronique]
how about this ad-on?
11:46:06 [joakim]
is it possible to this week
11:46:25 [joakim]
Johan: Possibly during the weekend
11:47:33 [joakim]
Topic: Status on API doc
11:47:51 [daniel]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-api-1.0/mediaont-api-1.0.html
11:48:27 [joakim]
what has change in the last version, is that Chris has added examples on how to use the API
11:49:02 [joakim]
now the outline is: introduction, how it works, the we list all the interfaces and for each we give an example
11:49:13 [joakim]
examples are in JS and as for a WS
11:49:46 [joakim]
have added the error codes to the document
11:50:12 [joakim]
According to Chris the Doc is ready for LC,
11:50:45 [joakim]
his only concern is that it doesn't look good in IE
11:51:43 [joakim]
Wonsuk: DAP: Usually update the draft, but when they publish they do some differetn version for publication, so IE can read that version
11:52:19 [joakim]
action: Joakim to ask thierry of how to make a version that works woth IE
11:52:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-260 - Ask thierry of how to make a version that works woth IE [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-05-25].
11:52:59 [joakim]
wonsuk: there are some errors in the document, check that with W3C team contact
11:53:30 [joakim]
Daniel: we need some (HTML) validation of our document before going to LC
11:54:36 [joakim]
Daniel and Joakim will contact THIERRY for validation before LC
11:55:36 [joakim]
Daniel: are there any other open issues
11:56:41 [joakim]
Some open issues before LC. ontology: english improvement by John, sentence from Veronique, mapping table errors
11:57:11 [joakim]
API: is ok, but has to be HTML validated
11:57:35 [joakim]
Wonsuk can yoy please add Ver sentence to the ontology doc?
11:57:54 [joakim]
thanks!
11:58:00 [joakim]
AOB`?
11:58:14 [joakim]
meeting to be adjourned!
11:58:23 [Zakim]
-johnS
11:58:26 [Zakim]
- +0329331aaaa
11:58:27 [Zakim]
-wonsuk
11:58:28 [Zakim]
-??P4
11:58:30 [Zakim]
-veronique
11:58:41 [joakim]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:58:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/18-mediaann-minutes.html joakim
11:59:44 [Zakim]
-joakim
11:59:45 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has ended
11:59:47 [Zakim]
Attendees were +0329331aaaa, joakim, wonsuk, [IPcaller], Felix, johnS, veronique
13:32:32 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann