IRC log of html-a11y on 2010-05-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

21:58:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-a11y
21:58:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/05/12-html-a11y-irc
21:58:03 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
21:58:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-a11y
21:58:05 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 2119
21:58:05 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_PFWG(A11Y)6:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
21:58:06 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
21:58:06 [trackbot]
Date: 12 May 2010
21:58:37 [MichaelC]
chair: John_Foliot
21:58:47 [MichaelC]
meeting: Media sub-group - HTML Accessibility Task Force
21:58:58 [janina]
janina has joined #html-a11y
21:59:04 [Sean_]
Sean_ has joined #html-a11y
21:59:16 [JF]
== Agenda ==
21:59:18 [JF]
1. Requirements Gathering (Update)
21:59:20 [JF]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/MultimediaAccessibility
21:59:22 [JF]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Accessibility_Requirements_of_Media
21:59:23 [JF]
2. Integration of 2 Draft Proposals into Draft Spec by Editor
21:59:24 [janina]
zakim, call janina
21:59:24 [Zakim]
ok, janina; the call is being made
21:59:25 [JF]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_MultitrackAPI
21:59:26 [JF]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_TextAssociations
21:59:28 [JF]
3. Time Text Format
21:59:29 [JF]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9673
21:59:31 [JF]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/20100513_cfc-websrt/
21:59:32 [JF]
21:59:34 [JF]
4. Other business?
21:59:49 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010May/0107.html
21:59:59 [MichaelC]
zakim, this is 2119
21:59:59 [Zakim]
ok, MichaelC; that matches WAI_PFWG(A11Y)6:00PM
22:00:01 [mudpit]
mudpit has joined #html-a11y
22:00:03 [janina]
zakim, drop janina
22:00:03 [Zakim]
Janina is being disconnected
22:00:06 [Zakim]
-Janina
22:00:11 [janina]
zakim, call janina
22:00:11 [Zakim]
ok, janina; the call is being made
22:00:15 [Zakim]
+Janina
22:00:17 [Zakim]
+??P3
22:00:24 [MichaelC]
zakim, aaaa is Eric_Carlson
22:00:25 [Zakim]
+Eric_Carlson; got it
22:00:32 [MichaelC]
zakim, aabb is John_Foliot
22:00:32 [Zakim]
+John_Foliot; got it
22:00:38 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P3 is Sean_Hayes
22:00:38 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
22:00:39 [janina]
zakim, drop janina
22:00:39 [Zakim]
Janina is being disconnected
22:00:39 [Zakim]
-Janina
22:00:44 [janina]
zakim, call janina
22:00:44 [Zakim]
ok, janina; the call is being made
22:00:46 [Zakim]
+Janina
22:01:17 [MichaelC]
regrets+ Philippe_Le_Hégaret
22:01:19 [janina]
zakim, drop janina
22:01:19 [Zakim]
Janina is being disconnected
22:01:21 [Zakim]
-Janina
22:01:26 [janina]
zakim, call janina
22:01:26 [Zakim]
ok, janina; the call is being made
22:01:28 [Zakim]
+Janina
22:02:18 [Zakim]
+Janina_Sajka
22:02:22 [Zakim]
-Janina
22:02:37 [mkobayas]
mkobayas has joined #html-a11y
22:02:41 [janina]
zakim,, who is on the phone?
22:02:41 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, janina.
22:02:47 [silvia]
zakim, code
22:02:47 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'code', silvia
22:02:51 [janina]
zakim, who's on the phone?
22:02:51 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Eric_Carlson, John_Foliot, Michael_Cooper, Sean_Hayes, Janina_Sajka
22:03:10 [MichaelC]
zakim, call judy-mobile
22:03:10 [Zakim]
ok, MichaelC; the call is being made
22:03:12 [Zakim]
+Judy
22:04:17 [Zakim]
+Mark_Hakkinen
22:05:14 [Zakim]
+Silvia
22:05:29 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
22:05:29 [Zakim]
Silvia should now be muted
22:06:57 [MichaelC]
scribe: silvia
22:07:18 [silvia]
Topic: 1. Requirements Gathering (Update)
22:07:46 [silvia]
requirements have been gathered at http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Accessibility_Requirements_of_Media
22:08:21 [silvia]
Janina(?): we should go through and make sure we have covered all the requirements
22:08:49 [silvia]
… structure that was given before isn't fully represented
22:09:26 [Zakim]
+ +61.3.986.4.aacc
22:09:32 [silvia]
Marco: made architectural proposal to avoid classes
22:09:49 [gfreed]
gfreed has joined #html-a11y
22:10:03 [silvia]
Judy: emails and minutes should be analysed for what is still missing
22:10:19 [MichaelC]
s/Marco/Markku/
22:10:33 [MichaelC]
zakim, +61 is probably Kenny_Johar
22:10:33 [Zakim]
+Kenny_Johar?; got it
22:10:42 [MichaelC]
zakim, Kenny is Kenny_Johar
22:10:42 [Zakim]
+Kenny_Johar; got it
22:10:45 [silvia]
Janina: we should distribute actions for each area
22:11:23 [silvia]
JF: unsure what further to do
22:11:25 [Zakim]
+Geoff_Freed
22:11:45 [silvia]
Judy: would be helpful to go through actions from last time
22:12:34 [silvia]
… then figure out what's the best way to make use of this material
22:13:08 [silvia]
… get thoughtful about crossvetting the material
22:13:32 [silvia]
… cross-reviewed and well-vetted requirements list that should represent a consensus
22:13:49 [silvia]
JF: I'm almost hearing a spreadsheet
22:14:15 [silvia]
Judy: I'm less thinking about the format, but about how to approach the evaluation
22:14:31 [silvia]
… at some point a checklist would be good
22:14:46 [silvia]
… but I'm not too worried about the format right now
22:16:04 [silvia]
… we should this in this meeting: 1. action check, 2. review, 3. what to do next
22:16:34 [silvia]
JF: we're also missing the input from the IBM people on audio descriptions
22:17:01 [silvia]
(?): technical requirements seem to be still missing
22:17:24 [silvia]
… there is a lot of material more generally
22:17:32 [MichaelC]
s/(?)/Sean/
22:17:44 [silvia]
Mike: we should probably do a formal walk-through of the actions and then see what's missing
22:17:54 [MichaelC]
-> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/products/2 Media issues and actions
22:18:27 [silvia]
action-27?
22:18:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-27 -- John Foliot to create requirements a11y media accessibility document -- due 2010-05-05 -- OPEN
22:18:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/27
22:18:37 [MichaelC]
action-27: see http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Accessibility_Requirements_of_Media
22:18:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-27 Create requirements a11y media accessibility document notes added
22:19:11 [silvia]
JF: I think that document is addressing action-27
22:19:13 [MichaelC]
action-27: also see http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/MultimediaAccessibility; more historical and prose than the formal actions
22:19:13 [trackbot]
ACTION-27 Create requirements a11y media accessibility document notes added
22:19:33 [MichaelC]
close action-27
22:19:33 [silvia]
close action-27
22:19:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-27 Create requirements a11y media accessibility document closed
22:19:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-27 Create requirements a11y media accessibility document closed
22:19:37 [silvia]
action-29?
22:19:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-29 -- Sean Hayes to look into descriptive video requirements -- due 2010-05-12 -- OPEN
22:19:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/29
22:19:55 [MichaelC]
action-29: added to http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Accessibility_Requirements_of_Media
22:19:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-29 Look into descriptive video requirements notes added
22:19:56 [silvia]
Sean: I think it's pretty much closed
22:20:05 [silvia]
… others should add to it
22:20:08 [MichaelC]
close action-29
22:20:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-29 Look into descriptive video requirements closed
22:20:15 [silvia]
action-30?
22:20:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-30 -- Janina Sajka to look into structural navigation requirements -- due 2010-05-12 -- OPEN
22:20:16 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/30
22:20:24 [silvia]
Janina: not yet complete
22:20:32 [silvia]
.. give me another week
22:20:33 [MichaelC]
action-30 due 19 May
22:20:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-30 Look into structural navigation requirements due date now 19 May
22:20:40 [silvia]
action-31?
22:20:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-31 -- Judy Brewer to follow up w/ Geoff on comprehensiveness of captioning requirements -- due 2010-05-12 -- OPEN
22:20:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/31
22:21:02 [silvia]
Judy: I did and pinged a few people during the week
22:21:20 [silvia]
… side-question to Geoff: do you have more that you want to add?
22:21:46 [silvia]
Geoff: it's mostly done - I have contributed comments from myself and colleagues at NCAM
22:21:50 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen has joined #html-a11y
22:22:04 [silvia]
… I want to go through requirements and use case section at the bottom
22:22:09 [silvia]
… I'd like to review that
22:22:23 [MichaelC]
action: Geoff to review use cases section of media requirements document
22:22:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-41 - Review use cases section of media requirements document [on Geoff Freed - due 2010-05-19].
22:22:41 [MichaelC]
close action-31
22:22:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-31 Follow up w/ Geoff on comprehensiveness of captioning requirements closed
22:22:48 [silvia]
action-32?
22:22:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-32 -- Judy Brewer to follow up w/ Gunnar Hellstrom on comprehensiveness of secondary signed channel requirements -- due 2010-05-12 -- OPEN
22:22:48 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/32
22:22:59 [silvia]
Judy: haven't done yet
22:23:38 [silvia]
… Gunnar is expert on signing, but I don't think he has looked at W3C work in HTML5 yet
22:23:55 [silvia]
… I wanted to give him an intro and walk him through it
22:24:05 [silvia]
… I want to try and do that within the next week
22:24:26 [silvia]
… plus there are some other experts I know who I want to point to this
22:24:59 [silvia]
… including a few colleagues
22:25:00 [MichaelC]
action-32 due 19 May
22:25:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-32 Follow up w/ Gunnar Hellstrom on comprehensiveness of secondary signed channel requirements due date now 19 May
22:25:14 [silvia]
action-34?
22:25:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-34 -- Sean Hayes to write transcript requirements -- due 2010-05-12 -- OPEN
22:25:14 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/34
22:25:32 [MichaelC]
action-34: some work in http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Accessibility_Requirements_of_Media
22:25:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-34 Write transcript requirements notes added
22:25:35 [silvia]
Sean: I haven't been through formulating bullet points, but have done basic work
22:25:37 [MichaelC]
action-34 due 19 may
22:25:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-34 Write transcript requirements due date now 19 may
22:25:39 [silvia]
… would like another week
22:25:44 [silvia]
action-35?
22:25:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-35 -- Frank Olivier to write cues requirements -- due 2010-05-12 -- OPEN
22:25:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/35
22:25:56 [silvia]
Mike: don't think he's done it
22:26:02 [silvia]
… somebody should ping him
22:26:18 [silvia]
action-36?
22:26:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-36 -- Janina Sajka to draft the message re date and media text spec to send to HTML WG -- due 2010-05-12 -- OPEN
22:26:18 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/36
22:26:25 [silvia]
Janina: done
22:26:32 [MichaelC]
close action-36
22:26:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-36 Draft the message re date and media text spec to send to HTML WG closed
22:27:06 [janina]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/20100513_cfc-websrt/results
22:27:27 [silvia]
… action complete by email and a call for concensus
22:27:31 [MichaelC]
action-36: see http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/20100513_cfc-websrt/results
22:27:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-36 Draft the message re date and media text spec to send to HTML WG notes added
22:27:47 [silvia]
Judy: I have two gaps I want to mention
22:28:55 [silvia]
… 1. how much review have the requirements received from actual people with hearing or vision impairment?
22:29:04 [Zakim]
-Kenny_Johar
22:29:13 [silvia]
… did the requirements list take into account requirements also for deaf-blind people?
22:29:37 [silvia]
Janina: I think we do because we specified a variety of alternatives and are not restricting channels
22:29:44 [silvia]
… people can pick two things at the same time
22:30:10 [silvia]
… it would be good though if somebody could double-check that
22:30:30 [silvia]
Michael: in the requirements document there are two sentences that directly address it
22:31:22 [silvia]
Judy: I'm not questioning whether we have individual requirements for this, but I'd like somebody who has real needs to actually cross-ceck for comprehensiveness
22:31:27 [silvia]
… I have somebody on mind
22:31:53 [silvia]
JF: I don't know anyone who would have real-world experience from that perspective, so if you have somebody at hand, that would be great
22:32:37 [silvia]
Judy: I'm hoping I can get somebody tomorrow - I will certainly try
22:33:11 [silvia]
Janina: I'd like to caution us on the issue of completeness - deaf-blind people have different requirements depending on whether they had hearing or visual loss first
22:33:34 [silvia]
Judy: 2. a cross-check I want to do with a JTC-1 requirements list
22:33:54 [silvia]
… I want to look at that
22:34:32 [silvia]
… Clayton Lewis, Uni Collorado, could be a good person to add for review
22:35:03 [MichaelC]
action: Judy to organize a cross-check on requirements with JTC-1 user needs repository
22:35:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-42 - Organize a cross-check on requirements with JTC-1 user needs repository [on Judy Brewer - due 2010-05-19].
22:35:30 [MichaelC]
action: judy to seek deaf-blind representation in requirements gathering process
22:35:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-43 - Seek deaf-blind representation in requirements gathering process [on Judy Brewer - due 2010-05-19].
22:35:35 [silvia]
Janina: we might be missing a cognitive dimension
22:36:06 [silvia]
… WCAG-2 - there is a requirement in Germany for having simple representations of Web pages
22:36:21 [silvia]
… we might want to have a simple (plain?) representation of text, too
22:36:44 [silvia]
Judy: any other gaps that occurred to people?
22:37:02 [silvia]
Janina: timescale modification - speed-up and slow-down
22:37:15 [silvia]
… I'll add it to the requirements list
22:37:37 [silvia]
Judy: have we covered acrhitectural requirements completely yet?
22:37:52 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
22:37:52 [Zakim]
Silvia should no longer be muted
22:37:59 [silvia]
+q
22:38:04 [mhakkinen]
uaag draft has text re timescale modification. based on DAISY experience.
22:38:17 [silvia]
Janina: Philip is attending a meeting on web audio api, which should be relevant to us, too
22:39:47 [silvia]
silvia: I still must read it, sorry
22:40:11 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
22:40:11 [Zakim]
Silvia should now be muted
22:40:48 [silvia]
silvia: I am slightly concerned about the free-text being hard to parse
22:41:19 [silvia]
(?): the list at the bottom has all the discrete requirements extracted - the top sets the scene
22:42:38 [silvia]
JF: the hardest thing will be to see which requirements go towards the time stamp format, which towards the presentation, which towards the html5 markup
22:42:56 [JF]
Geoof
22:43:27 [silvia]
Geoff: I like what Sean did with creating a decent amount of context at the top before jumping into the requirements
22:44:16 [silvia]
Judy: that explanation is really useful - I was wondering if the discrete requirements should have come first and the detailed descriptions later
22:44:20 [silvia]
… but this seems good
22:44:48 [silvia]
Janina: it seems there is a lot of value in a good requirements document
22:45:12 [silvia]
Judy: I'm curious what makes it easier for each of us to look through the list
22:45:17 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
22:45:17 [Zakim]
Silvia should no longer be muted
22:45:42 [silvia]
… is anyone finding the current document numbing or has a suggestion to improve how to consume me
22:45:46 [silvia]
s/me/it/
22:47:09 [silvia]
JF: how do we capture the requirement for a time stamp format
22:47:57 [silvia]
Geoff: I think timing text and readability of a format are not quite relevant here
22:48:39 [silvia]
(?): it is a technical requirement to be able to update the screen quickly enough for good quality
22:48:46 [silvia]
… it is a technical as well as an authorial requiremnt
22:49:34 [silvia]
Judy: when I put requirements for other groups together, I've seen we had needs to motivating information
22:49:37 [JF]
s/(?)/Sean
22:50:00 [silvia]
… we might need more background links
22:50:29 [silvia]
… do we want to plan for having motivating/explanatory information for the terse requiremnts?
22:50:37 [silvia]
… or is that too much additional work?
22:50:46 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
22:50:46 [Zakim]
Silvia should now be muted
22:50:55 [silvia]
JF: I think it's getting too large already
22:51:28 [mhakkinen]
mark has to go. bye
22:51:31 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen has left #html-a11y
22:52:29 [silvia]
… the range of speed is a technical details that we may not need to limit - the technical need for the browser is that we can speed up and slow down
22:53:24 [silvia]
Judy: it seems don't quite know where everything is going of our requirements - some into HTML5, some into a time stamp format, some maybe elsewhere
22:54:20 [silvia]
Janina: it is part of what we should advise the HTML5 WG on is where these requirements should be met - and what should in inside HTML5
22:55:01 [silvia]
… we may even find that existing specifications that address some requirements are incomplete, like when I found that pitch retaining was not covered for speed changes in HTML5
22:55:47 [silvia]
Judy: I have a proposal for how we can go through vetting our list
22:56:03 [silvia]
… how about one more week or requirement collection
22:56:11 [Zakim]
-Mark_Hakkinen
22:56:21 [silvia]
… then cross-reviews with other technologies over the following 2 weeks maybe
22:56:48 [silvia]
… maybe we should do cross-vetting and completeness checks now already
22:57:02 [silvia]
JF: I think we should just do that - we need to get going
22:57:19 [silvia]
… a perpetual discussion on requirements is not going to make progress on the spec
22:57:40 [silvia]
… maybe we can action everything that is needed to chunk it up next week and go from there?
22:58:14 [silvia]
Janina: I think we should be looking at that next week
22:58:21 [silvia]
… another week of gathering and cleaning up is good
22:58:38 [silvia]
… the Hypertext coordination group is very interested in our results
22:58:44 [silvia]
… they want us to present it in early June
22:59:05 [silvia]
… we should look at the different technologies that exist and where gaps may be from next week at the latest
22:59:28 [silvia]
… also we should identify how much more work is required so we can give the HMTL5 group a deadline for it
23:00:09 [silvia]
Eric: I think it would be good to talk about these things in the meeting, but it is important to start talking about individual technical points in email, so we capture the details and get beyond the surface
23:00:37 [silvia]
Judy: do we have digital book / DAISY type requirements in it?
23:00:44 [silvia]
… Kenny dropped off
23:00:56 [silvia]
Janina: I don't know if we specifically have a book view of this
23:01:11 [silvia]
… Daisy are interested in using HTML5 for publishing
23:01:17 [silvia]
.. not sure if we are close to meeting that
23:02:11 [silvia]
… HTML5 is more about focus on youtube and radio etc type applications
23:02:31 [silvia]
Sean: certainly within DAISY we are interested to publish books in HTML5
23:02:48 [silvia]
… the line between books and Web documents is going to become more blurred
23:03:12 [silvia]
Eric: I have to agree with that - electronic book formats are already XHTML and some support HTML5 features
23:03:16 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
23:03:16 [Zakim]
Silvia should no longer be muted
23:05:13 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
23:05:13 [Zakim]
Silvia should now be muted
23:05:37 [silvia]
silvia: it will be important to see what limitations DAISY sees in publishing DAISY documents in HTML5
23:05:48 [silvia]
Sean: the navigation possibilities in DAISY are the main difference
23:06:50 [silvia]
JF: we have 3 other items on the agenda
23:07:00 [silvia]
… we will take another 25 min or so
23:07:14 [silvia]
item: 2. Integration of 2 Draft Proposals into Draft Spec by Editor
23:07:39 [silvia]
JF: are we there with what Ian has specified with these proposals?
23:08:09 [silvia]
… we've done a lot of work there - are we good with that, or do we let that go?
23:08:45 [silvia]
Janina: are we satisfied with the removal of WebSRT or is there more we want to address?
23:09:04 [silvia]
… I wanted to make sure it is clear that we didn't want to have it in the spec, but not stop development on it
23:09:15 [silvia]
JF: I am concretely talking about our 2 documents on the wiki
23:09:39 [silvia]
… we were leaning towards track, some were concerned
23:10:05 [silvia]
… Ian is flying with a changed version of our proposal
23:10:20 [silvia]
… where is our comfort level with that?
23:10:48 [silvia]
… do we still need a group resolution on this?
23:11:28 [silvia]
Eric: the track API came out of our group and the form it is in now has been up for a couple of months without comment in our wiki
23:11:41 [silvia]
… it seems to me that it is in fine shape to be in the standrad
23:12:40 [silvia]
Judy: throughout the entire process of html5 there will be a variety of times when the spec will be in a transitional state
23:13:09 [silvia]
… my impression is that there is a lot of churn going on on-list and off-list wrt what accessible media format will prevail in HTML5
23:13:36 [silvia]
… what I'm hearing from some folks is that the requirements collection is really helpful for first-time people looking at media a11y
23:14:29 [silvia]
JF: my question specifically is that we had 2 proposals in the wiki that we had in good shape and that we wanted to support
23:14:37 [silvia]
… by and large
23:15:00 [silvia]
… now we stepped back to requirements analysis - maybe our previous work was too ad-hoc
23:15:20 [silvia]
… now we have built the requirements list to make sure we haven't missed anything
23:15:41 [silvia]
… what if we go through the list and discover that <track> does not satisfy some of the requirements
23:15:51 [silvia]
… where do we sit wrt to these proposals?
23:16:07 [silvia]
… do we wait until we finished the requirements collection to evaluate them?
23:16:21 [silvia]
… or do we let them continue to move forward?
23:16:26 [silvia]
q+
23:16:33 [silvia]
Judy:
23:16:47 [silvia]
… I feel it is hard to judge stuff when the requirements are not clear
23:16:54 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
23:16:54 [Zakim]
Silvia should no longer be muted
23:17:12 [silvia]
Eric: I honestly think that the track API is orthogonal to the things we are looking at right now
23:17:22 [silvia]
… it's all about providing API access to the structure of the media file
23:17:42 [silvia]
… we may decide that we have additional needs
23:18:03 [silvia]
… I would be extremely surprised if any of the requirements would conflict with the track API
23:18:40 [silvia]
… also, when something ends up in the spec, it doesn't mean it has to stay there
23:18:58 [silvia]
… if we later find a fundamental flaw, we can still change it
23:19:06 [silvia]
… until the spec is done, nothing is written in stone
23:22:08 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
23:22:08 [Zakim]
Silvia should now be muted
23:22:45 [silvia]
silvia: those two proposals are the past - it might be better if we spend our time on checking our requirements with the text that has actually gone into the spec
23:23:03 [silvia]
… rather than with the two proposals that were developed by us, but not officially put forward to the HTML5 WG
23:23:19 [silvia]
JF: my question is really what to do with the 2 proposals
23:23:35 [silvia]
Janina: we should compare our requirements against our technologies
23:24:00 [silvia]
JF: so we will finish the requirements document and then move forward
23:24:38 [silvia]
Judy: so we will do the cross-checking and vetting after another week of requirements gathering
23:24:53 [silvia]
JF: we will let the proposals sit until we have all the requirements together
23:25:20 [gfreed]
gfreed has left #html-a11y
23:25:26 [Zakim]
-Geoff_Freed
23:26:13 [silvia]
Eric: we need to use the requirements to judge the technologies
23:26:26 [silvia]
item: 3. Time Text Format
23:26:37 [silvia]
JF: the WebSRT format has now been removed from the spec
23:26:48 [silvia]
… we need to analyse whether WebSRT is the right format
23:27:17 [silvia]
.. we should probably defer the discussion, since we're almost out of time
23:27:47 [silvia]
Janina: given our concerns last week, are we satisfied with what happened or do we need to see something else happen?
23:28:16 [silvia]
Judy: my impression is that what happens satisfied our concerns
23:28:31 [silvia]
JF: I think so too
23:29:05 [silvia]
… we will have to spend some time discussing about formats
23:29:45 [silvia]
… we did say at the F2F that support of SRT and some form of TTML would be the best
23:29:59 [silvia]
… but we need to discuss this further
23:30:36 [silvia]
… maybe have email discussions and discuss in meeting next week
23:30:39 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
23:30:39 [Zakim]
Silvia should no longer be muted
23:31:10 [silvia]
item: 4. Other business?
23:31:19 [silvia]
JF: doesn't seem so
23:31:21 [Zakim]
-Eric_Carlson
23:31:23 [Zakim]
-John_Foliot
23:31:24 [Zakim]
-Janina_Sajka
23:31:25 [Zakim]
-Judy
23:31:26 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:31:27 [janina]
zakim, bye
23:31:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-a11y
23:31:28 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +1.408.307.aaaa, +1.650.862.aabb, Janina, Michael_Cooper, Eric_Carlson, John_Foliot, Sean_Hayes, Janina_Sajka, Judy, Mark_Hakkinen,
23:31:30 [Zakim]
... Silvia, +61.3.986.4.aacc, Kenny_Johar?, Kenny_Johar, Geoff_Freed
23:31:31 [silvia]
… thanks everybody for attending!
23:31:34 [janina]
rrsagent, make minutes
23:31:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/12-html-a11y-minutes.html janina
23:31:44 [janina]
rrsagent, make minutes public
23:31:44 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', janina. Try /msg RRSAgent help
23:31:54 [janina]
rrsagent, make log public
23:32:03 [janina]
rrsagent, make minutes
23:32:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/12-html-a11y-minutes.html janina