IRC log of mediaann on 2010-05-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:26:55 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
10:26:55 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/05/11-mediaann-irc
10:51:15 [wbailer]
wbailer has joined #mediaann
10:56:40 [joakim]
joakim has joined #mediaann
10:57:30 [daniel]
daniel has joined #mediaann
10:59:50 [joakim]
zakim, this is mawg
10:59:50 [Zakim]
ok, joakim; that matches IA_MAWG()7:00AM
11:00:00 [joakim]
zakim, who's here?
11:00:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +0329331aaaa, +46.1.07.17.aabb, ??P2
11:00:01 [Zakim]
On IRC I see daniel, joakim, wbailer, RRSAgent, Zakim, florian, trackbot
11:00:27 [joakim]
chair: Joakim
11:00:28 [tobiasb]
tobiasb has joined #mediaann
11:01:02 [Zakim]
+ +43.316.876.aacc
11:01:24 [wbailer]
zakim, aacc is wbailer
11:01:24 [Zakim]
+wbailer; got it
11:01:42 [tobiasb]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
11:01:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +0329331aaaa, +46.1.07.17.aabb, ??P2, wbailer
11:01:52 [tobiasb]
Zakim, P2 is me
11:01:52 [Zakim]
sorry, tobiasb, I do not recognize a party named 'P2'
11:02:00 [tobiasb]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
11:02:00 [Zakim]
+tobiasb; got it
11:02:32 [joakim]
zakim, pick a victim
11:02:33 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose +46.1.07.17.aabb
11:02:57 [joakim]
zakim, pick a victim
11:02:57 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose wbailer
11:02:59 [Zakim]
-tobiasb
11:03:03 [joakim]
zakim, pick a victim
11:03:03 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose wbailer
11:03:33 [joakim]
Zakim, +46.1 is me
11:03:33 [Zakim]
+joakim; got it
11:04:06 [wbailer]
scribe: wbailer
11:04:14 [wbailer]
meeting: MAWG phone call
11:04:18 [wbailer]
chair: joakim
11:04:28 [wbailer]
topic: minutes from F2F Vienna
11:04:44 [wbailer]
minutes accepted
11:04:49 [wbailer]
topic: next meeting
11:04:52 [wbailer]
May 18
11:04:58 [Zakim]
+ +049851509aadd
11:05:10 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
11:05:15 [wbailer]
topic: action items
11:05:18 [florian]
zakim, mute me
11:05:18 [Zakim]
florian should now be muted
11:05:55 [wbailer]
action 47: remains open
11:05:55 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 47
11:05:58 [bmarks]
bmarks has joined #mediaann
11:06:06 [Zakim]
+ +043662228aaee
11:06:06 [wbailer]
close action.-124
11:06:10 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has joined #mediaann
11:06:15 [wbailer]
close action-124
11:06:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-124 Reminder: Check - everybody responsible for a format: add a column describing syntactic information ("data types", see cable lab column "Type") to his table closed
11:06:16 [tobiasb]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
11:06:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +0329331aaaa, joakim, wbailer, florian (muted), +043662228aaee
11:06:32 [tobiasb]
Zakim, aaee is me
11:06:32 [Zakim]
+tobiasb; got it
11:06:32 [wbailer]
close action-242
11:06:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-242 Update the service examples with apropriate structured JSON closed
11:06:37 [wbailer]
close action-254
11:06:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-254 Propose namespace URI for mawg closed
11:07:31 [tobiasb]
Zakim, mute me
11:07:31 [Zakim]
tobiasb should now be muted
11:07:46 [wbailer]
action-209
11:07:54 [wbailer]
results available
11:07:55 [florian]
https://www.dimis.fim.uni-passau.de/~stegmai/mawg/
11:08:23 [wbailer]
crawling process will start next week
11:08:40 [wbailer]
rrsagent, make logs public
11:08:41 [Zakim]
+Bennett_Marks
11:08:52 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:08:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/11-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
11:14:49 [wbailer]
close action-209
11:14:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-209 Share his image metadata with the group (when he has it) closed
11:15:48 [joakim]
Daniel, status on action-223?
11:16:41 [wbailer]
action-225 who can write required js code?
11:16:53 [wbailer]
to be disussed later in the meeting
11:17:51 [wbailer]
action-228 probably not relevant any more
11:17:55 [wbailer]
close action-228
11:17:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-228 Investigate how to create def elements with class "idl" in the generated XML closed
11:18:23 [wbailer]
close action-232
11:18:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-232 Check the impact on use cases of excluding setter operations closed
11:19:00 [wbailer]
close action-233
11:19:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-233 Add mapping table for OGG (see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Apr/att-0008/OggMetadata.html ) to the mapping table closed
11:19:18 [wbailer]
action-234 to be done when in LC
11:20:00 [wbailer]
action-236 pending
11:21:04 [joakim]
section 3.1.1.: examples missing for getDiagnosis, getOriginalData, getSourceFormatsWithValues, selectMAResource
11:24:11 [wbailer]
action-237 has been updated accordingly
11:24:29 [wbailer]
close action.238
11:25:24 [wbailer]
close action-239
11:25:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-239 Convert the image in the API doc to svg closed
11:26:10 [wbailer]
close action-241
11:26:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-241 Change the name of method "setMAResource" closed
11:26:39 [wbailer]
close action-240
11:26:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-240 Change the name of method "setMAResource" closed
11:27:27 [wbailer]
action-243 pending
11:28:09 [florian]
http://www.dimis.fim.uni-passau.de/~stegmai/API_summary_file.xls <-- items
11:29:06 [wbailer]
close action-244
11:29:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-244 Update the doc regarding item 40 closed
11:29:24 [wbailer]
close action-245
11:29:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-245 Update the doc regarding item 41 closed
11:30:02 [wbailer]
close action-246
11:30:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-246 Update the change the bitrate into averagebitrate closed
11:30:31 [wbailer]
close action-247
11:30:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-247 Discuss possible error messages as an input for the diagnosis section closed
11:31:05 [tobiasb]
Zakim, unmute me
11:31:05 [Zakim]
tobiasb should no longer be muted
11:31:44 [joakim]
In WebIDL, each time an interface is defined (using the interface keyword), that interface is defined in the ECMAScript global scope (i.e.
11:31:45 [joakim]
in general the "window" object), which in most cases you would want to avoid since that "pollutes" the global namespace.
11:32:07 [Zakim]
+ +82.10.58.00.aaff
11:32:24 [wonsuk]
Zakim, +82.10.58.00.aaff is me
11:32:24 [Zakim]
+wonsuk; got it
11:34:50 [wbailer]
close action-248
11:34:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-248 Ask dominique regarding item 53 (WebIDL) closed
11:35:39 [wbailer]
action-249 pending
11:39:03 [wbailer]
action-251 put images on wiki (~10 images)
11:39:29 [wbailer]
action-252 sent request, answer pending
11:39:47 [wbailer]
action-253 pending
11:41:35 [tobiasb]
zakim, mute me
11:41:35 [Zakim]
tobiasb should now be muted
11:41:40 [wbailer]
close action-243
11:41:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-243 Adding units to the framesize closed
11:41:44 [wbailer]
close action-256
11:41:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-256 Integrate felix' "usage as a service" changes into the api doc closed
11:42:04 [wbailer]
action-255 text proposed, to be added to the document
11:42:57 [wbailer]
close action-255
11:42:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-255 Draft text concerning mawg namespace and ma prefix closed
11:43:42 [wbailer]
close action-257
11:43:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-257 Update summary mapping table with revised property type definitions and descriptions from ontology document closed
11:43:59 [wbailer]
topic: status of ontology doc
11:44:14 [wbailer]
wonsuk: still working on open issues
11:44:47 [wbailer]
... integration of mapping tables still to be done, veronique asked how this could be done
11:45:28 [wbailer]
... could be done javascript, someone needed who doe the js for the integration
11:45:40 [wbailer]
... alternative: integrate manually for lc version
11:46:12 [wbailer]
can anyone take the action to do this with javascript?
11:46:28 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:46:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/11-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
11:47:01 [wbailer]
joakim: maybe ask thierry?
11:47:19 [wbailer]
... currently no volunteers, do it manually for this version
11:47:34 [wbailer]
wonsuk: ok to do manually (just 1 time!)
11:47:47 [wbailer]
... prepare automatic process for next version
11:48:40 [wbailer]
action: joakim to ask thierry about javascript solution for automatically integrating mapping tables into ontology doc
11:48:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-258 - Ask thierry about javascript solution for automatically integrating mapping tables into ontology doc [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-05-18].
11:48:48 [wbailer]
joakim: other open issues?
11:49:03 [wbailer]
wonsuk: check open issues in wiki again
11:49:42 [wbailer]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Issues_for_LC
11:51:40 [wbailer]
wonsuk: when done, will send document to john
11:52:30 [wbailer]
wonsuk: will be ready in 2-3 days
11:52:53 [wbailer]
wonsuk will send result to john and list
11:53:41 [wbailer]
topic: status of api document
11:54:20 [wbailer]
present: Bennett_Marks florian joakim tobiasb wbailer wonsuk
11:54:57 [wbailer]
florian: defined status codes (subset of http), added some system specific codes (syntactic/semantic mapping performed, ...)
11:55:09 [wbailer]
... included in current version of api doc
11:55:54 [wbailer]
... consider list final now, will see during implementation
11:57:12 [wbailer]
chris: need to add examples, but some examples need to be approved by group
11:58:08 [wbailer]
joakim: could put both docs to lc next week
11:58:26 [tobiasb]
zakim, unmute me
11:58:26 [Zakim]
tobiasb should no longer be muted
11:58:32 [wbailer]
topic. rdf task force
11:58:56 [wbailer]
tobias: started to define classes on paper after rdf, not implemented, ongoing work
11:59:00 [wbailer]
joakim: next step?
11:59:12 [wbailer]
tobias: we made proposals from classes (input from jean-pierre)
11:59:24 [wbailer]
... define how properties are related to these classes
11:59:38 [wbailer]
... next step is implementing this, and discussing in the group
12:00:34 [wbailer]
wonsuk: target schedule for rdf implementation?
12:01:02 [wbailer]
tobias: first implementation planned for today, postponed to next week
12:01:21 [wbailer]
[adjourned]
12:01:22 [tobiasb]
bye bye
12:01:29 [Zakim]
-wbailer
12:01:30 [Zakim]
-tobiasb
12:01:31 [Zakim]
-florian
12:01:34 [Zakim]
- +0329331aaaa
12:01:38 [wbailer]
regrets: felix, john
12:01:40 [Zakim]
-joakim
12:01:46 [wbailer]
zakim, draft minutes
12:01:46 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'draft minutes', wbailer
12:01:47 [Zakim]
-wonsuk
12:01:54 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:01:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/11-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
12:02:09 [Zakim]
-Bennett_Marks
12:02:10 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has ended
12:02:12 [Zakim]
Attendees were +0329331aaaa, +46.1.07.17.aabb, +43.316.876.aacc, wbailer, tobiasb, joakim, +049851509aadd, florian, +043662228aaee, Bennett_Marks, wonsuk
12:02:47 [wbailer]
s/topic./topic:/
12:02:55 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:02:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/05/11-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
12:23:49 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has left #mediaann
14:30:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann