IRC log of mediaann on 2010-04-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

07:09:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
07:09:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-irc
07:09:48 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediaann
07:09:57 [wbailer]
zakim, this will be mawg
07:09:57 [Zakim]
ok, wbailer; I see IA_MAWG(F2F)3:00AM scheduled to start 9 minutes ago
07:10:38 [wbailer]
meeting: MAWG Vienna F2F day 3
07:10:53 [wbailer]
chair: daniel, joakim
07:11:23 [wbailer]
present: daniel, wonsuk, tobias, florian, john, joakim, martin, werner
07:11:33 [florian]
florian has joined #mediaann
07:13:59 [daniel]
get started the last day...editing times for both documents.
07:14:21 [daniel]
no scriber this morning session
07:16:07 [chris]
chris has joined #mediaann
07:16:22 [chris]
zakim, who is here?
07:16:22 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG(F2F)3:00AM has not yet started, chris
07:16:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see chris, florian, Zakim, RRSAgent, wbailer, daniel, trackbot
07:19:56 [daniel]
chris: IRC will be mute, do you need to join the call bridge ?
07:19:58 [daniel]
chris: IRC will be mute, do you need to join the call bridge ?
07:20:03 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has joined #mediaann
07:20:24 [chris]
hi daniel, I will only call in if absolutely necessary
07:20:30 [wbailer]
chris, what is the status of your action items for the document?
07:22:08 [martinh]
martinh has joined #mediaann
07:23:01 [chris]
wait, Im checking my APs
07:24:57 [chris]
actionitem 237 is done ( added lots of examples for the properties)
07:25:00 [joakim]
joakim has joined #mediaann
07:25:25 [chris]
actionitem 238 is also done I think, since this is related I assume
07:26:37 [chris]
ah no wait action 238 is not done, I need to create an example with metadata in different languages
07:27:20 [joakim]
Hi Chris, we will have an editing session until 11.00
07:27:33 [chris]
actionitem 244 is done
07:27:52 [chris]
actionitem 245 is done
07:28:35 [joakim]
Ok thats great!
07:28:55 [chris]
so if I want to make additional changes to the document, where do I start from?
07:29:02 [chris]
is there a new version somewhere?
07:29:17 [joakim]
How about writing webIdl example for the use cases we sent yesterday?
07:30:11 [chris]
I will try (it wil be javascript examples by the way since webIDL is only for interfaces)
07:30:26 [joakim]
ok :-)
07:31:04 [chris]
check that in the API document in section 3.8.1.1 there is still an old example that can be removed (the second one)
07:31:31 [chris]
the same for section 3.10.2.1
07:31:49 [chris]
and 3.11.2.1
07:32:41 [chris]
and 3.12.1.1 and 3.12.6.1 and 3.12.8.1
07:33:02 [joakim]
and then there is the list of status codes sent by Florian (according to Robin #46)
07:33:24 [chris]
yes I leave it up to you guys to integrate this in the document
07:33:30 [chris]
I will focus on the examples
07:35:47 [joakim]
Ok great. BTW your version of the API is the last one!
07:36:28 [joakim]
When you are finished we can integrate changes from Felix in to your version
07:41:42 [chris]
hmm my version can not be the last one since there are action items for Wonsuk and Werner that have not been integrated (by me)
07:42:36 [chris]
converting the image to svg, changing the name of setMAResource, adding units for framesize
07:52:51 [wonsuk]
Chris, in my case i didn't do that :)
07:53:02 [wonsuk]
don't worry ;)
07:54:26 [daniel]
action to werner is *unit*. he will do this laer, therefore your version can be the latest one...please go ahead with yours
07:54:26 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - to
08:20:13 [wonsuk]
chris, concerning the svg version of image, it's not working correctly in the Chrome and firefox. so i think that we need to apply this later.
08:26:31 [tobiasb]
tobiasb has joined #mediaann
08:39:30 [vmalais]
vmalais has joined #mediaann
08:44:22 [chris]
I just noticed that numTracks in the ontology document is updated to hold the number and the specification?
08:44:36 [chris]
can somebody confirm this so that I can change it in the API?
08:46:16 [florian]
chris
08:46:26 [chris]
yes?
08:46:36 [florian]
yeah, thats right
09:10:37 [joakim]
joakim has left #mediaann
09:16:51 [tobiasb]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html
09:17:38 [tobiasb]
section 4.1.2
09:26:17 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann
09:26:24 [wbailer]
it's the style referenced in the mapping tables, eg. http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/ontology10/WD/summary.html
09:26:44 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediaann
09:26:51 [wbailer]
zakim, this will be mawg
09:26:51 [Zakim]
ok, wbailer; I see IA_MAWG(F2F)3:00AM scheduled to start 146 minutes ago
09:44:30 [chris]
lunch time for me
09:44:42 [chris]
I have sent a mail with the updated API doc
09:45:07 [chris]
And another mail with proposal of example code for the use cases that Joakim described (and some open questions :))
09:46:13 [wbailer]
we are going to start with the test suite now, if some of you want to phone in
09:46:29 [chris]
so action item 238 is done
09:46:31 [martinh]
rdfs:range sec.3.1 http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_property
09:46:50 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG(F2F)3:00AM has now started
09:46:55 [tobiasb]
tobiasb has joined #mediaann
09:46:57 [Zakim]
+??P3
09:47:11 [martinh]
rdfs:range sec.3.1 http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_property
09:47:13 [joakim]
joakim has joined #mediaann
09:47:20 [wbailer]
zakim, ??p3 is ViennaF2F
09:47:20 [Zakim]
+ViennaF2F; got it
09:47:33 [chris]
werner, I am assuming that you got mail of wednesday 14th concerning the test suites
09:51:39 [wbailer]
yes, the one concerion action-227
09:54:28 [martinh]
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/ wbailer 4.1.3
09:59:12 [Zakim]
-ViennaF2F
09:59:13 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG(F2F)3:00AM has ended
09:59:13 [Zakim]
Attendees were ViennaF2F
10:01:59 [wbailer]
scribe: wbailer
10:02:17 [wbailer]
topic: Test suite
10:03:00 [wbailer]
action: joakim to prepare a document containing the examples from thes introduction (to be used for test cases)
10:03:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-250 - Prepare a document containing the examples from thes introduction (to be used for test cases) [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-05-05].
10:05:06 [wbailer]
felix' proposal for test suite: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Feb/0065.html
10:08:29 [wbailer]
tobias: thierry commented that this is not a test suite design
10:08:56 [wbailer]
joakim: assume we have a test case, how could we implement it?
10:10:11 [wbailer]
joakim: conclusion was to have a generic return format in test cases, but not for the input
10:11:33 [wbailer]
joakim: no decision on intermediate format to decouple extraction from format and the actual api implementation
10:12:25 [wbailer]
werner: could rdf/owl based representation be an intermedia representation?
10:12:56 [wbailer]
joakim: could be considered as some kind of xml, without the need to specifically deal with rdf/owl in the implementation
10:13:45 [wbailer]
joakim: scheduling: may will be taken by dealing with lc feedback, so we should try to get progress on the test suite before summer
10:13:52 [wbailer]
... is this feasible?
10:14:28 [wbailer]
... using the rdf format would be an advantage, as it's already there by then
10:14:48 [wbailer]
daniel: there is no official document related to test suite
10:15:01 [wbailer]
... result of conformance testing is relevant
10:15:08 [wbailer]
rrsagent, make logs publis
10:15:11 [wbailer]
rrsagent, make logs publis
10:15:17 [wbailer]
rrsagent, make logs public
10:15:28 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
10:15:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
10:17:19 [wbailer]
joakim: there is no document to be delivered, but there will be a web service
10:18:26 [wbailer]
wonsuk: the example we look at from html 5 is just a page accessed with the different browsers
10:18:42 [wbailer]
... in our case there will be implementations in a browser or standalone application
10:20:42 [wbailer]
(joakim draws example on flip chart)
10:27:39 [wbailer]
daniel: have a way to select test cases for certain formats
10:28:19 [wbailer]
... certain implementers will only support certain formats
10:28:49 [wbailer]
joakim: start with test cases for one property
10:29:01 [wbailer]
we need several test per property
10:34:24 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
10:34:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
10:36:20 [wbailer]
action: florian to supply jpeg images with exif
10:36:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-251 - Supply jpeg images with exif [on Florian Stegmaier - due 2010-05-05].
10:37:39 [wbailer]
action: tobias to provide mp3 file with id3 info
10:37:39 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-252 - Provide mp3 file with id3 info [on Tobias Bürger - due 2010-05-05].
10:38:05 [wbailer]
action: werner to provide mpeg-7 describing a moview
10:38:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-253 - Provide mpeg-7 describing a moview [on Werner Bailer - due 2010-05-05].
10:38:27 [wbailer]
(group photo!)
10:38:33 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
10:38:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
12:17:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann
12:19:58 [martinh]
martinh has joined #mediaann
12:29:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediaann
12:29:45 [wbailer]
zakim, this will be mawg
12:29:45 [Zakim]
ok, wbailer; I see IA_MAWG(F2F)3:00AM scheduled to start 329 minutes ago
12:30:53 [wbailer]
topic: review of changes to ontology document
12:30:57 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:30:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
12:36:49 [wbailer]
going through issues in excel sheet
12:36:52 [wbailer]
3 is pending
12:37:01 [wbailer]
10 is not done, but dfn should be ok
12:37:38 [wbailer]
11: we have text, needs to be edited, john will do when going through document
12:38:53 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #mediaann
12:39:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
12:41:08 [wbailer]
14 to be done
12:41:47 [daniel]
resume our session this afternoon. checking out the status of all comments
12:41:52 [wbailer]
16 to be done
12:43:54 [wbailer]
17 checked xml schema types with html 5, need to add text discussing our choice
12:44:58 [wbailer]
22 formating to be done
12:47:09 [wbailer]
25 to be done, felix to propose namespace uri
12:47:20 [chpoppe]
chpoppe has joined #mediaann
12:47:28 [wbailer]
action: felix to propose namespace URI for mawg
12:47:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-254 - Propose namespace URI for mawg [on Felix Sasaki - due 2010-05-05].
12:49:02 [wbailer]
action: joakim to draft text concerning mawg namespace and ma prefix
12:49:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-255 - Draft text concerning mawg namespace and ma prefix [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-05-05].
12:49:37 [fsasaki]
present+ Felix(afternoon_partially)
12:50:11 [fsasaki]
s/present+ Felix(afternoon_partially)/present+ Felix(afternoon_partially_on_IRC)/
12:53:39 [wbailer]
26: example provided, wonsuk to insert
12:55:24 [wbailer]
34 to be decided
12:58:16 [wbailer]
we will use mediaType, wonsuk to edit
12:58:37 [wbailer]
43 to be done by john
12:58:45 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:58:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
13:04:25 [wbailer]
there is a new version of the ontology doc online, and we still have a list of todos (wonsuk is adding them to the wiki)
13:04:44 [wbailer]
vote for LC will be on the condition that the issues in this list are done
13:10:49 [wbailer]
issues for LC are collected at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/index.php?title=Issues_for_LC
13:10:57 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:10:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
13:13:27 [fsasaki]
wbailer, all: I have sent a mail to Joakim, see also http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-archive/2010Apr/0134.html - that closes my action item ACTION-254
13:14:33 [daniel]
straw poll here: what's your preference ? ma:compression vs ma:coding vs ma:encoding....Please select only one now
13:17:16 [wbailer]
topic: review of changes to API document
13:17:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
13:18:21 [wbailer]
going through the issues in the excel file (https://www.dimis.fim.uni-passau.de/~stegmai/API_issues.xlsx)
13:26:28 [chpoppe]
Robin's comment was based on an earlier version of the API-document. IMO the new version is more clear on this aspect
13:26:58 [wbailer]
issue 7 is considered resolved
13:28:52 [wbailer]
chris, issue 11: has the example been added?
13:30:30 [chpoppe]
yes, see section 3.1.1
13:30:50 [daniel]
ma:compression (0), ma:encoding (6), ma:coding (1) - What about you ? Tell me in IRC now
13:32:21 [chpoppe]
I have no strong opinion on this matter so I give a blanco vote :)
13:33:30 [wbailer]
12 done
13:34:01 [wbailer]
14 done, but some issues with embedded svg in some browsers
13:35:07 [wbailer]
15 setContext to be changes to selectContext (to avoid confusion with a setter), to be done by chris
13:37:06 [chpoppe]
setContext is deprecated, it has been changed to setMAResource and according to comments it is now selectMAResource
13:37:22 [chpoppe]
see section 3.1.1
13:38:18 [wbailer]
15 is done
13:40:16 [wbailer]
20 to be completed by florian
13:41:42 [wbailer]
21 wonsuk to add same example as in ontology doc
13:41:50 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:41:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
13:47:12 [wbailer]
25 to be done, drop sentence "possibilities are ..." (wonsuk)
13:50:50 [wbailer]
30 to be done by wonsuk
13:52:56 [wbailer]
36 to be done by joakim
13:53:40 [wbailer]
38 to be done by wonsuk
13:56:35 [wbailer]
39 changes to be checked between wonsuk and chris (inheritance from maobject)
13:57:02 [wbailer]
40 same issue as with 39
13:58:27 [chpoppe]
hmm yes the format and samplingrate interface should inherit from the MAObject
13:58:33 [chpoppe]
as all other properties
13:59:04 [wbailer]
46 list of error codes to be included by chris
13:59:55 [chpoppe]
wonsuk can you just change this? so "interface Samplingrate {" should be "interface Samplingrate: MAObject {"
14:01:14 [chpoppe]
hmm it's better that wonsuk includes these error codes
14:01:59 [chpoppe]
I have a meeting in 15 minutes and don't have time to do this now
14:03:15 [wonsuk]
chris, I will do the change the format and samplingrate...
14:03:54 [wonsuk]
so please upload last version to the cvs repository before you go to the meeting.
14:04:27 [chpoppe]
I dont have a last version
14:04:40 [chpoppe]
my last version was that of noon
14:05:41 [wonsuk]
ok. chris. thanks.
14:05:57 [chpoppe]
btw if you change the Format interface, also change it in appendix
14:06:11 [chpoppe]
appendix A
14:06:23 [wonsuk]
ok.. i will do that
14:07:14 [wbailer]
53 florian to provide an example (considering the recommendations from dominique, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Apr/0134.html)
14:07:30 [wbailer]
54 to be done by john
14:07:45 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:07:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
14:14:50 [chpoppe]
I need to go, keep up the good work guys, and have a safe trip home!
14:29:49 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #mediaann
14:42:56 [wbailer]
vote for going to lc with ontology doc:
14:43:06 [wbailer]
latest draft: http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html
14:43:28 [wbailer]
going to LC when issues at are resolved: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/index.php?title=Issues_for_LC
14:44:00 [wbailer]
do you agree to lc when the listed changes are applied to the current draft?
14:44:09 [wbailer]
+1
14:44:24 [daniel]
+1
14:44:32 [martinh]
+1
14:44:44 [wonsuk]
+1
14:44:49 [fsasaki]
+1
14:44:55 [wbailer]
joakim: +1
14:45:01 [wbailer]
john: +1
14:46:35 [wonsuk]
open issues of api doc: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Open_issues_of_API_doc_for_LC
14:48:06 [jsderber]
jsderber has joined #mediaann
14:49:20 [wbailer]
ote for going to lc with api doc:
14:49:27 [wbailer]
s/ote/vote/
14:50:05 [wbailer]
going to LC when issues at are resolved: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/index.php?title=Issues_for_LC (see lower section for API doc issues)
14:53:02 [fsasaki]
+1
14:53:11 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. Sorry, nothing found for 'where am '
14:53:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
14:57:09 [wbailer]
latest draft of api doc: http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-api-1.0/mediaont-api-1.0.html
14:57:25 [wbailer]
do you agree to go to lc when the listed changes are applied to the current draft?
14:57:30 [wbailer]
+1
14:57:31 [daniel]
+1
14:57:34 [wonsuk]
+1
14:57:37 [martinh]
+1
14:57:40 [fsasaki]
but *now*: 1+
14:58:16 [wbailer]
john: +1
14:59:27 [wbailer]
action: wonsuk to integrate felix' "usage as a service" changes into the api doc
14:59:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-256 - Integrate felix' "usage as a service" changes into the api doc [on WonSuk Lee - due 2010-05-05].
14:59:28 [daniel]
Joakim: +1
15:00:16 [joakim]
joakim has joined #mediaann
15:00:37 [daniel]
voting results on both ontology and API docs: YES (7), NO (0)
15:01:03 [joakim]
+1
15:01:39 [wbailer]
[F2F closed]
15:01:48 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:01:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/28-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
15:02:17 [daniel]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-api-1.0/mediaont-api-1.0.html
16:29:43 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #mediaann
16:49:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann