IRC log of sparql on 2010-04-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:51:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:51:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/04/27-sparql-irc
13:51:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
13:51:51 [AxelPolleres]
zakim, thi will be SPARQL
13:51:51 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'thi will be SPARQL', AxelPolleres
13:52:00 [AxelPolleres]
zakim, this will be sparql
13:52:00 [Zakim]
ok, AxelPolleres; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
13:56:28 [dcharbon2]
dcharbon2 has joined #sparql
13:57:00 [MattPerry]
MattPerry has joined #sparql
13:57:31 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:57:38 [Zakim]
+??P1
13:57:41 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P1 is me
13:57:41 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
13:58:33 [Zakim]
+OlivierCorby
13:58:39 [Zakim]
+pgearon
13:58:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.603.897.aaaa
13:58:50 [MattPerry]
zakim, aaaa is me
13:58:50 [Zakim]
+MattPerry; got it
13:59:27 [Zakim]
+bglimm
14:00:04 [Zakim]
+ +1.310.729.aabb
14:00:15 [kasei]
Zakim, aabb is me
14:00:15 [Zakim]
+kasei; got it
14:00:25 [SteveH_]
SteveH_ has joined #sparql
14:00:33 [Zakim]
+dcharbon2
14:01:09 [Zakim]
+ +04312aacc
14:01:12 [Zakim]
+[Garlik]
14:01:26 [SteveH_]
Zakim, [Garlik] is temporarily SteveH
14:01:26 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:01:27 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:01:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, OlivierCorby, pgearon, MattPerry, bglimm, kasei, dcharbon2, +04312aacc, SteveH
14:01:51 [AxelPolleres]
Agenda... http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2010-04-27
14:02:15 [kasei]
very loud typing
14:02:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.216.636.aadd
14:02:37 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:02:37 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:02:51 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, aadd is Chime
14:02:51 [Zakim]
+Chime; got it
14:03:17 [chimezie]
chimezie has joined #sparql
14:03:34 [AxelPolleres]
topic: admin
14:03:39 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-04-20
14:03:56 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-04-20
14:04:43 [OlivierCorby]
Next F2F location ?
14:05:18 [OlivierCorby]
Colocate with TPAC in Lyon France ?
14:06:00 [chimezie]
Zakim, mute me
14:06:00 [Zakim]
sorry, chimezie, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
14:06:01 [bglimm]
When is the TPAC in Lyon?
14:06:14 [AndyS]
November 1-5
14:06:16 [SteveH_]
I can't do those dates
14:06:26 [kasei]
not impossible, but I suspect unlikely that I'd be able to make it.
14:06:27 [SteveH_]
I can do 1-3
14:06:36 [chimezie]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:06:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, OlivierCorby, pgearon, MattPerry, bglimm (muted), kasei, dcharbon2, +04312aacc, SteveH, Chime
14:06:39 [AxelPolleres]
q?
14:06:44 [bglimm]
Should be ok
14:06:47 [AndyS]
ISWC is Nov 7-11
14:06:48 [chimezie]
Zakim, Chime is me
14:06:48 [Zakim]
+chimezie; got it
14:07:04 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/05/sparql-phase-II-charter.html
14:07:37 [SteveH_]
I hope that we don't need a F2F by nov...
14:07:46 [AndyS]
What is the timescale? LC, CR etc?
14:07:53 [chimezie]
Zakim, mute me
14:07:53 [Zakim]
chimezie should now be muted
14:08:12 [OlivierCorby]
Do we need a F2F before Nov ?
14:08:28 [bglimm]
It probably depends on how many/what kind of comments we get during LC
14:08:33 [AndyS]
http://www.w3.org/2009/05/sparql-phase-II-charter.html#milestones
14:09:49 [OlivierCorby]
Last Call in June
14:10:04 [AndyS]
Unlikely.
14:11:20 [OlivierCorby]
Last Call without F2F ?
14:11:55 [AxelPolleres]
we might be able to do without another f2f2, before LC is unlikely planningwise.
14:13:01 [AxelPolleres]
andyS; we might just block some solid time rather than all needing to travel.
14:13:23 [AxelPolleres]
... specifical telecons and realistic deadlines.
14:13:45 [AndyS]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:13:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, OlivierCorby, pgearon, MattPerry, bglimm (muted), kasei, dcharbon2, +04312aacc, SteveH, chimezie (muted)
14:14:04 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: come up with a proposed re-schedule and suggestion on how to proceed until Rec
14:14:04 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - come
14:14:15 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: axel to come up with a proposed re-schedule and suggestion on how to proceed until Rec
14:14:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-226 - Come up with a proposed re-schedule and suggestion on how to proceed until Rec [on Axel Polleres - due 2010-05-04].
14:14:42 [bglimm]
there was a comment by Kjetil
14:14:49 [OlivierCorby]
Comment handling: not tody
14:14:57 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:14:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, OlivierCorby, pgearon, MattPerry, bglimm (muted), kasei, dcharbon2, +04312aacc, SteveH, chimezie (muted)
14:15:01 [OlivierCorby]
s/tody/today
14:15:13 [OlivierCorby]
Liaisons
14:15:22 [OlivierCorby]
RIF to PR
14:15:25 [AxelPolleres]
RIF decided to move to PR
14:15:51 [bglimm]
Zakim, unmute me
14:15:51 [Zakim]
bglimm should no longer be muted
14:16:04 [AxelPolleres]
topic: actions from last time on rewordings
14:16:06 [AxelPolleres]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010AprJun/0066.html
14:16:16 [AxelPolleres]
q?
14:16:26 [bglimm]
Each SPARQL extension MUST provide conditions, which guarantee
14:16:26 [bglimm]
that the set of triples obtained by instantiating BGP with each
14:16:27 [bglimm]
solution μ is uniquely specified up to RDF graph equivalence, and
14:16:27 [bglimm]
SHOULD provide further conditions to prevent trivial infinite answers
14:16:27 [bglimm]
as appropriate to the regime.
14:17:26 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Accept rewording for condition 4 for BGP extensions as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010AprJun/0066.html
14:17:52 [bglimm]
+1
14:17:56 [AxelPolleres]
+1
14:17:57 [chimezie]
+1
14:18:00 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Accept rewording for condition 4 for BGP extensions as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010AprJun/0066.html
14:18:39 [AndyS]
It's already done.
14:18:49 [chimezie]
Zakim, unmute me
14:18:49 [Zakim]
chimezie should no longer be muted
14:18:50 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/222
14:18:59 [bglimm]
I already updated the entailment doc too to reflect the rewording
14:19:07 [ericP]
Zakim, please dial ericP-mobile
14:19:07 [Zakim]
ok, ericP; the call is being made
14:19:09 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:19:16 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:19:16 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:20:32 [chimezie]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010AprJun/0067.html
14:21:26 [AxelPolleres]
ISSUE-49: can this be closed wrt. rewording proposed in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010AprJun/0067.html?
14:21:26 [trackbot]
ISSUE-49 Is a graph an information resource notes added
14:23:11 [OlivierCorby]
Question about URI with fragment
14:23:23 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: chime to clarify question about URIs with fragment ids
14:23:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-227 - Clarify question about URIs with fragment ids [on Chimezie Ogbuji - due 2010-05-04].
14:24:31 [kasei]
after reading that email, i'm still not sure which way we've resolved issue 49.
14:25:04 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: close issue-49 with rewording from http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010AprJun/0067.html and ACTION-227
14:25:15 [kasei]
q+
14:27:13 [kasei]
before we resolve issue 49, could we see a draft response to KjetilK's comment email?
14:27:16 [AxelPolleres]
topic: federated query document
14:27:18 [kasei]
(after ericP)
14:27:26 [AxelPolleres]
q?
14:27:33 [kasei]
q-
14:28:41 [AxelPolleres]
ericP: explains rationale behind SERVICE keyword
14:28:47 [OlivierCorby]
Integrate service into query syntax
14:30:20 [kasei]
ericP, link?
14:30:52 [AndyS]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service.xml
14:31:25 [AndyS]
4.2 link is "#update" !!!!
14:32:24 [AxelPolleres]
Eric: what about conformance, do we want all SPARQL implementations to support this?
14:33:09 [AxelPolleres]
Axel: does this really raise the bar?
14:33:31 [OlivierCorby]
q+
14:34:32 [AxelPolleres]
olivier: syntax has URI , could we also have variable?
14:34:36 [AndyS]
Grammar has variable : VarOrIRIref
14:34:59 [AxelPolleres]
ericP: might have use cases
14:35:24 [AxelPolleres]
... for asking all endpoints I know.
14:35:24 [kasei]
I see grammar having just IRIref...?
14:35:52 [AxelPolleres]
andy: we could assure that at point of evaluation the variable needs to be bound
14:35:59 [AxelPolleres]
s/assure/require/
14:36:42 [AxelPolleres]
erictP: question is what interoperability we rerquire on behavior of that feature (variables for SERVICE)
14:36:57 [AxelPolleres]
... but raises the bar for implementers possibly.
14:37:12 [kasei]
q+ to note that if SERVICE isn't required of 1.1 implementation, we should have a service description feature URI for it.
14:37:31 [AxelPolleres]
ack OlivierCorby
14:38:09 [AxelPolleres]
ack kasei
14:38:09 [Zakim]
kasei, you wanted to note that if SERVICE isn't required of 1.1 implementation, we should have a service description feature URI for it.
14:39:40 [AxelPolleres]
axel: let's publish it with the next round, similar to property paths, as separate doc, requesting for comments.
14:40:22 [SteveH_]
lots of background noise
14:41:03 [kasei]
i like the variable idea, but it fills me with The Fear
14:41:29 [SteveH_]
+1 to kasei
14:41:32 [AxelPolleres]
axel: Option 1 : no variables, Option 2 is any variables, Option 3 bound only variables
14:41:54 [SteveH_]
what does "bound only" mean?
14:41:55 [AndyS]
+1 to option 1
14:41:56 [dcharbon2]
Option 1 - could relax later if needed/desired
14:41:58 [MattPerry]
+1 for no variables
14:41:59 [AndyS]
opps
14:42:01 [SteveH_]
leaning to no variables though
14:42:02 [AndyS]
+1 to option 2
14:42:04 [pgearon]
+1 no variables
14:42:12 [chimezie]
+0
14:42:19 [bglimm]
0 (no clear understanding of the implications)
14:42:23 [kasei]
+1 to option 1 (leave variables as an extentions people can implement)
14:42:25 [OlivierCorby]
2 or 3
14:42:31 [AxelPolleres]
+1 to Option 1 (with Option 3 sounding interesting, but not sure about doable in time)
14:43:06 [AndyS]
opt 3 is meaningless in the current doc BTW join(A,B) == join(B,A)
14:45:21 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: ericP to put in an editor's note discussing bound only variables
14:45:21 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - ericP
14:45:42 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: eric to put in an editor's note discussing bound only variables
14:45:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-228 - Put in an editor's note discussing bound only variables [on Eric Prud'hommeaux - due 2010-05-04].
14:46:47 [AxelPolleres]
summary: in principle we want to publish fed queries as separate doc in the next round.
14:46:57 [AxelPolleres]
q?
14:47:07 [ericP]
caio all!
14:47:17 [OlivierCorby]
topic : Publication
14:47:18 [Zakim]
-EricP
14:47:28 [AxelPolleres]
topic: next publications
14:48:25 [AxelPolleres]
query?
14:48:33 [AxelPolleres]
q?
14:49:03 [AxelPolleres]
ack aacc
14:49:05 [SteveH_]
q=
14:49:10 [SteveH_]
queue=
14:49:19 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, aacc is me
14:49:19 [Zakim]
+AxelPolleres; got it
14:49:27 [bglimm]
Zakim, unmute me
14:49:27 [Zakim]
bglimm should no longer be muted
14:50:58 [AxelPolleres]
andy to resenc summary to the list.
14:51:02 [AndyS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010AprJun/0085.html
14:51:44 [AxelPolleres]
query seems to progress well enough to warrant another publication
14:51:53 [AxelPolleres]
update?
14:52:35 [AndyS]
syntax?
14:52:56 [AxelPolleres]
paul: changes can be in the doc by the end of the week.
14:53:33 [AxelPolleres]
... which would include all the F2F discussed changes.
14:54:15 [AxelPolleres]
andy: update syntax needs to be pinned down.
14:55:32 [AxelPolleres]
paul please reply to the list with a summary
14:55:48 [AxelPolleres]
entailment?
14:57:10 [AxelPolleres]
changes in the conditions and for LC we'd need to fix whether we want Datatype only entailment (currently a note), basically ready for review
14:58:49 [AxelPolleres]
greg: chasing sandro for fixing final issue before ready to review.
14:58:56 [kasei]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010AprJun/0082.html
14:59:03 [AxelPolleres]
that was service description.
14:59:38 [AxelPolleres]
http-update
14:59:57 [AxelPolleres]
ISSUE-20, ISSUE-49 need to be addressed.
15:00:48 [AxelPolleres]
ISSUE-20 is closed by f2f3
15:00:56 [AxelPolleres]
so the note can be removed.
15:01:22 [bglimm]
Should I remove the closed issues from the related issues section of the document?
15:01:29 [AxelPolleres]
propertypaths?
15:02:03 [AxelPolleres]
currently a placeholder pointing to the document. will be included time allowed for next publication round.
15:02:43 [Zakim]
-SteveH
15:02:46 [MattPerry]
bye
15:02:50 [AxelPolleres]
adjourned.
15:02:50 [Zakim]
-dcharbon2
15:02:53 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:02:55 [Zakim]
-bglimm
15:02:57 [Zakim]
-chimezie
15:02:58 [Zakim]
-kasei
15:02:58 [Zakim]
-MattPerry
15:02:59 [Zakim]
-OlivierCorby
15:02:59 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
15:03:04 [Zakim]
-pgearon
15:03:06 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:03:08 [Zakim]
Attendees were AndyS, OlivierCorby, pgearon, +1.603.897.aaaa, MattPerry, bglimm, +1.310.729.aabb, kasei, dcharbon2, +04312aacc, SteveH, +1.216.636.aadd, chimezie, EricP,
15:03:11 [Zakim]
... AxelPolleres
15:03:30 [OlivierCorby]
OlivierCorby has left #sparql
15:03:32 [AxelPolleres]
summary: all editors to resend their status summary to the list, please try to get to reviewable status by next week.
15:03:36 [AxelPolleres]
rrsagent, make records public
15:04:22 [SteveH_]
SteveH_ has joined #sparql
15:05:57 [SteveH_]
AndyS, I've largely revamped the Aggregates section, still needs more work, and I'm not confident that it's correct yet, but it's getting there
15:22:17 [AndyS]
Is it checked in? (If "yes" could we have some subsections?)
16:00:28 [ivan]
ivan has joined #sparql
16:57:57 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql