IRC log of wai-wcag on 2010-04-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:59:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/04/22-wai-wcag-irc
19:59:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:59:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:40 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:59:40 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM already started
19:59:41 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
19:59:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.415.aaaa
19:59:41 [trackbot]
Date: 22 April 2010
20:00:09 [Zakim]
+??P1
20:00:29 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
20:00:40 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:00:48 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.443 is Bruce_Bailey
20:00:48 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
20:00:54 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P1 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:00:54 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:00:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.410.972.aabb
20:01:08 [Drew_LaHart]
Zakim, +1.410 is Drew_LaHart
20:01:08 [Zakim]
+Drew_LaHart; got it
20:01:46 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.761.aacc
20:01:57 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:02:09 [Zakim]
+Ben
20:02:26 [Ben]
Ben has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:42 [MichaelC]
zakim, aacc is Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:02:42 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea; got it
20:02:57 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:09 [MichaelC]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:03:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bruce_Bailey, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Michael_Cooper, David_MacDonald, Drew_LaHart, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Ben
20:05:59 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:06:25 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
20:06:40 [Loretta]
Hi, sofia
20:06:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.822.aadd
20:07:08 [Sofia]
zakim, +1.425.8 is sofia_celic
20:07:08 [Zakim]
+sofia_celic; got it
20:08:33 [Sofia]
scribe: sofia_celic
20:09:20 [Zakim]
+[Oracle]
20:09:23 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
20:10:08 [MichaelC]
scribe: Sofia
20:10:57 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:11:20 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:12:01 [MichaelC]
regrets+ Tim_Boland
20:12:06 [Sofia]
TOPIC: Accept the sufficient ARIA Technique for SC 1.1.1, 1.3.1, 3.3.2, 4.1.2: Using the WAI-ARIA aria-label and aria-labelledby properties to associate text labels with form elements
20:13:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.727.391.aaee
20:13:42 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
20:15:55 [MichaelC]
zakim, aaee is Marc_Johlic
20:15:55 [Zakim]
+Marc_Johlic; got it
20:18:27 [MichaelC]
-> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria/roles#textalternativecomputation Text alternative computation
20:19:15 [MichaelC]
aria-label wins over aria-labelledby
20:40:13 [Sofia]
Leaving open. Drew to revise techniques.
20:40:42 [Sofia]
TOPIC: Accept the sufficient ARIA Technique for SC 2.4.10: Using the WAI-ARIA aria-live property to mark live regions
20:42:28 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.584.aaff
20:42:51 [MichaelC]
zakim, aaff is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:42:51 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick; got it
20:56:40 [Zakim]
-Marc_Johlic
20:59:37 [Sofia]
ACTION: James, Sofia and Drew to develop ARIA-live examples
20:59:37 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - James,
21:00:30 [MichaelC]
action: nurthen to work with Sofia and Drew to develop aria-live examples
21:00:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-85 - Work with Sofia and Drew to develop aria-live examples [on James Nurthen - due 2010-04-29].
21:01:02 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, drop action 1
21:01:23 [Sofia]
Leave open.
21:01:26 [Sofia]
T
21:01:32 [Sofia]
TOPIC: Accept the sufficient ARIA Technique for SC 1.1.1: Using the WAI-ARIA presentation role to indicate ...
21:01:38 [Sofia]
leave open.
21:02:00 [Zakim]
-Drew_LaHart
21:02:24 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:04:02 [Sofia]
TOPIC: Sufficient Flash Technique for SC 1.4.3, 1.4.6: Providing sufficient contrast between background and foreground
21:10:22 [Sofia]
Leave open. Andrew to turn this into a specific Flash technique and a proposal for adding general information and resources to the Understanding Document.
21:10:38 [Sofia]
TOPIC: Sufficient Flash Technique for SC 1.4.2: Providing a control to turn off sounds that play automatically in Flash
21:19:44 [Sofia]
RESOLUTION: Accept as amended subject to providing working examples
21:19:57 [Sofia]
TOPIC: Issue 2736: 18 point for image of text
21:20:45 [Sofia]
RESOLUTION: Accept as proposed
21:20:56 [Sofia]
TOPIC: Issue 2754: H91: Example 2d
21:21:49 [jamesn]
jamesn has left #wai-wcag
21:32:09 [Sofia]
leave open
21:32:26 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:32:30 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:33:19 [Sofia]
RESOLUTION: Issues 2771, 2783, 2799, 2800 are all accepted as proposed.
21:33:56 [Zakim]
-Ben
21:33:58 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:33:58 [Zakim]
-sofia_celic
21:33:59 [Zakim]
-[Oracle]
21:33:59 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:34:02 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
21:34:31 [Ben]
Ben has joined #wai-wcag
21:34:50 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:34:51 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
21:34:53 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.443.415.aaaa, Michael_Cooper, David_MacDonald, Bruce_Bailey, Gregg_Vanderheiden, +1.410.972.aabb, Drew_LaHart, +1.703.761.aacc, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Ben,
21:34:56 [Zakim]
... Katie_Haritos-Shea, +1.425.822.aadd, sofia_celic, [Oracle], +1.727.391.aaee, Marc_Johlic, +1.617.584.aaff, Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:47:11 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
21:47:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
21:47:15 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
21:47:15 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/22-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:47:15 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: nurthen to work with Sofia and Drew to develop aria-live examples [2]
21:47:15 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/22-wai-wcag-irc#T21-00-30