IRC log of wam on 2010-04-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:00:31 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wam
13:00:31 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/04/15-wam-irc
13:00:46 [ArtB]
Scribe: Art
13:00:48 [ArtB]
ScribeNick: ArtB
13:00:50 [ArtB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010AprJun/0124.html
13:00:51 [ArtB]
Chair: Art
13:00:53 [ArtB]
Meeting: Widgets Voice Conference
13:00:54 [ArtB]
Regrets: Marcos, Bryan
13:01:25 [ArtB]
Present: Art, Josh
13:01:30 [Steven]
zakim, dial steven-617
13:01:30 [Zakim]
ok, Steven; the call is being made
13:01:33 [Zakim]
+Steven
13:01:34 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:01:40 [fjh]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
13:01:40 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
13:01:42 [ArtB]
Present+ StevenP
13:01:48 [ArtB]
Present+ Frederick
13:01:51 [fjh]
Present+ Frederick_Hirsch
13:04:13 [ArtB]
Topic: Review and tweak agenda
13:04:19 [ArtB]
AB: the draft agenda was submitted yesterday ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010AprJun/0124.html ). Any requests for changes?
13:04:36 [ArtB]
[ None ]
13:04:42 [ArtB]
Topic: Announcements
13:04:50 [ArtB]
AB: I have two; first is that Widget Updates WD was published April 13 ( http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-widgets-updates-20100413/ )
13:05:12 [ArtB]
AB: 2nd is that Digital Signatures for Widgets LC will be published today; May 6 is deadline for comments
13:05:37 [ArtB]
AB: any other annoucements?
13:07:03 [ArtB]
Topic: View Modes Media Features spec
13:07:11 [ArtB]
AB: Robin has responded to all of the pre-LC comments and updated the ED accordingly ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/ ). As such, I think the spec is ready for LC publication. Any comments?
13:08:16 [ArtB]
AB: proposed RESOLUTION: the group agrees the View Modes Media Features spec is ready for LC publication
13:08:38 [ArtB]
AB: any comments or objections?
13:08:47 [ArtB]
AB: any voices of support?
13:09:02 [ArtB]
AB: I support this spec moving to LC
13:09:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:09:09 [ArtB]
Present+ Robin
13:09:23 [ArtB]
RB: I support this
13:09:26 [darobin]
Zakim, [IPCaller] is me
13:09:26 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
13:10:00 [ArtB]
RESOLUTION: the group agrees the View Modes Media Features spec is ready for LC publication
13:10:30 [ArtB]
AB: Marcos told me offline that he support LC of this spec
13:10:38 [ArtB]
AB: re which WGs we should ask to review, are there any groups other than CSS WG?
13:11:16 [ArtB]
AB: does anyone know about BONDI?
13:11:18 [arve]
arve has joined #wam
13:11:24 [ArtB]
RB: don't know but we can ask
13:11:48 [ArtB]
AB: I will include BONDI in the list of review groups
13:11:56 [ArtB]
AB: re the review period length, the minimum is 3 weeks but since this is the first LC and we want review from others, I think 4 weeks would be the minimum.
13:12:10 [darobin]
+1
13:12:11 [Steven]
q+
13:12:28 [ArtB]
SP: this is an HCG area
13:12:42 [ArtB]
... should ask them and adjust the time accordingly
13:13:07 [ArtB]
AB: I'm OK but don't want it to be too openended
13:13:20 [ArtB]
SP: right, so ask them something like "is 4 weeks OK?"
13:13:27 [ArtB]
AB: that's OK with me
13:13:50 [Steven]
How many pages is it?
13:13:51 [ArtB]
... is 4 a good number or do we need it longer
13:14:12 [ArtB]
RB: I think 4 is fine since it is a smallish spec and CSS WG already reviewed it once
13:14:17 [ArtB]
AB: good points
13:14:30 [ArtB]
... I'll use 4 weeks in my proposal to HCG
13:14:42 [Zakim]
+arve
13:14:55 [arve]
arve has joined #wam
13:14:56 [Steven]
In that case 4 weeks will be fine
13:14:59 [ArtB]
RB: it's about 5 pages including all of the boilerplate stuff
13:15:04 [ArtB]
Present+ Arve
13:15:54 [ArtB]
ACTION: berjon notify Art when the VMMF LC is ready for a publication request
13:15:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-524 - Notify Art when the VMMF LC is ready for a publication request [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-04-22].
13:16:14 [ArtB]
RB: OK, but we need agreement on the short name
13:16:18 [ArtB]
AB: good point
13:16:27 [ArtB]
AB: so now it is widgets-vmmf?
13:16:30 [ArtB]
RB: right
13:17:04 [ArtB]
AB: one option is vmmf, another is view-mode
13:17:07 [darobin]
Zakim, pick shortname
13:17:07 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'pick shortname', darobin
13:17:20 [ArtB]
... I am mostly indifferent
13:17:49 [ArtB]
SP: something that is readable is good
13:17:59 [ArtB]
AB: how about view-mode?
13:18:02 [ArtB]
RB: OK
13:18:03 [darobin]
view-modes
13:18:10 [ArtB]
RB: use view-modes
13:18:30 [ArtB]
... no, make that "view-mode"
13:18:44 [ArtB]
AB: any objections to "view-mode"
13:18:47 [timeless]
what's the reason for singular?
13:19:12 [ArtB]
RB: want singular because media feature in CSS is singular
13:19:19 [ArtB]
JS: OK
13:19:31 [ArtB]
AB: let's consider that agreed "view-mode"
13:19:50 [ArtB]
ACTION: barstow submit TransReq for VMMF LC and ask groups to review it; use "view-mode" as new shortname
13:19:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-525 - Submit TransReq for VMMF LC and ask groups to review it; use "view-mode" as new shortname [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-04-22].
13:20:02 [ArtB]
Topic: View Modes Interfaces spec
13:20:10 [ArtB]
AB: earlier this week Anne van Kestern (the Editor of the CSSOM spec) asked us for "use case example" for the CSSOM spec (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010AprJun/0105.html ). Consider this a request for *everyone* to submit use case examples.
13:20:58 [ArtB]
AB: this is a reasonable request and we should submit use cases as soon as we can
13:21:07 [ArtB]
AB: one process related issue here is the mail list to use: www-style, public-webapps or cross-post. I generally don't like cross-posting but think that's appropriate ATM since currently there isn't yet agreement on the work split with the CSS WG.
13:22:39 [ArtB]
AB: going forward www-style will be used for CSSOM discussions since the precedence is already set
13:22:51 [ArtB]
AB: Marcos made a proposal re CSSOM's stlyeMedia.matchMedium usage ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010AprJun/0071.html ). There has been some follow-up.
13:23:32 [ArtB]
AB: anything today on this?
13:23:41 [ArtB]
RB: think we should continue to hash this out on the list
13:23:51 [ArtB]
AB: I agree with that
13:24:48 [darobin]
+1
13:25:14 [ArtB]
AB: we do loose some control if our use cases are addressed by a CSS WG spec
13:25:27 [ArtB]
... but they have the right expertise so I think this is good
13:25:31 [ArtB]
... any concerns?
13:25:43 [ArtB]
[ No concerns raised ]
13:26:10 [ArtB]
AB: this gives us all the continued action to work with AvK and the CSS WG
13:26:28 [ArtB]
AB: anything else on VM Interfaces for today?
13:26:49 [ArtB]
AB: I don't know if we will have anything left in the VM-I spec
13:26:51 [ArtB]
RB: that's good
13:26:55 [ArtB]
AB: agree
13:27:04 [ArtB]
Topic: AoB
13:27:10 [ArtB]
AB: anything else for today?
13:27:30 [ArtB]
AB: thanks Robin for following up on the URI scheme disussions
13:27:42 [ArtB]
RB: sure; hopefully we can close that soon
13:28:02 [ArtB]
AB: next call is April 22; there will not be a call on April 29
13:28:22 [ArtB]
AB: meeting adjourned
13:28:32 [Zakim]
-arve
13:28:33 [Zakim]
-fjh
13:28:34 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make log public
13:28:35 [Zakim]
-Steven
13:28:36 [Zakim]
-darobin
13:28:42 [ArtB]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:28:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/15-wam-minutes.html ArtB
13:29:47 [Zakim]
-Art_Barstow
13:32:00 [Zakim]
-Josh_Soref
13:32:01 [Zakim]
IA_WebApps(Widgets)9:00AM has ended
13:32:03 [Zakim]
Attendees were Josh_Soref, Art_Barstow, Steven, fjh, darobin, arve
13:32:21 [Steven]
Steven has left #wam
13:35:19 [ArtB]
zakim, bye
13:35:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wam
13:35:24 [ArtB]
rrsagent, bye
13:35:24 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/15-wam-actions.rdf :
13:35:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: berjon notify Art when the VMMF LC is ready for a publication request [1]
13:35:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/15-wam-irc#T13-15-54
13:35:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: barstow submit TransReq for VMMF LC and ask groups to review it; use "view-mode" as new shortname [2]
13:35:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/15-wam-irc#T13-19-50