IRC log of soap-jms on 2010-04-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:54:44 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:54:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/04/13-soap-jms-irc
15:54:46 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:54:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
15:54:48 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:54:48 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
15:54:49 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:54:49 [trackbot]
Date: 13 April 2010
15:59:59 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
16:00:49 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
16:01:02 [padams2]
padams2 has joined #soap-jms
16:01:06 [mphillip]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Apr/0005.html
16:01:14 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
16:01:21 [Zakim]
+padams
16:01:24 [Zakim]
+Peter_Easton
16:01:52 [Zakim]
+alewis
16:02:08 [Zakim]
+ +1.708.246.aaaa
16:02:29 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
16:02:31 [Zakim]
+ +0196270aabb
16:02:47 [mphillip]
Zakim, aabb is Mark
16:02:47 [Zakim]
+Mark; got it
16:02:57 [Zakim]
+eric
16:03:14 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:03:54 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Appointment of the scribe
16:04:00 [mphillip]
scribe: Mark
16:04:10 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Approval of prior meeting minutes
16:04:37 [mphillip]
Minutes from 30/03 were approved
16:04:46 [mphillip]
Minutes from 6/04 were approved
16:04:56 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review the agenda
16:05:34 [mphillip]
Eric: Also need to discuss testing items - after Item 8 on agenda
16:06:17 [mphillip]
Agenda approved with no other amendments
16:06:26 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review action items
16:06:42 [mphillip]
Eric: No progress on 146
16:06:52 [mphillip]
Mark: No progress on 148 and 154
16:07:02 [mphillip]
Phil: Completed 155 and 157
16:07:07 [mphillip]
close action-155
16:07:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-155 Check that we have coverage of all non-WSDL assertions if we do not run the WSDL tests closed
16:07:09 [mphillip]
close action-157
16:07:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-157 Propose an alternate proposal to resolve issue 30 closed
16:07:22 [mphillip]
TOPIC: URI specification
16:07:34 [mphillip]
Still pushing Oracle for reply
16:07:56 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Raised issues
16:08:12 [mphillip]
Issue 29 still raised - awaiting action 148
16:08:20 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Accepting proposals to close open issues
16:08:37 [eric]
Issue 30 - existing proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Apr/0002.html
16:09:00 [mphillip]
Phil: Proposed alternative resolution
16:09:19 [mphillip]
Phil: See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Apr/0006.html
16:14:14 [mphillip]
Mark: wording is slightly different - can we make it consistent e.g. "then port" should be "then other properties set on the endpoint"
16:14:45 [mphillip]
Eric: Agreed - we will revisit this issue when Phil has revised this proposal
16:14:55 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/31
16:15:07 [mphillip]
Eric's revised proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Mar/0024.html
16:17:28 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: ALL approve the updated proposal
16:17:41 [padams]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Apr/0008.html
16:18:01 [mphillip]
Phil's link above is the revised proposal for issue 30
16:18:43 [mphillip]
No objections to revised proposal
16:18:53 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: ALL approve Phil's changes
16:19:24 [mphillip]
Issue 32 - http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/32
16:21:09 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2010/04/06-soap-jms-minutes.html
16:21:28 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No objections to the proposed resolution to issue 32
16:21:49 [mphillip]
Issue 33 : http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/33
16:25:34 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2010/04/06-soap-jms-minutes.html
16:25:53 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: All approve the proposed resolution to issue 33
16:26:11 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Accepting applied resolutions
16:26:48 [mphillip]
action: Phil to apply the resolutions to issue 30, 31, 32, and 33
16:26:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-159 - Apply the resolutions to issue 30, 31, 32, and 33 [on Phil Adams - due 2010-04-20].
16:27:33 [mphillip]
Resolution for Issue 22:
16:27:51 [mphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Jan/0026.html
16:31:06 [mphillip]
All approve the application of the resolution for Issue 22
16:31:18 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Issue 22 can be closed
16:31:38 [mphillip]
Issue 28: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/28
16:32:15 [mphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Mar/0025.html
16:36:22 [mphillip]
Discussion on whether topicReplyToName is allow in the JNDI variant
16:36:53 [eric]
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-merrick-jms-uri-06.txt
16:37:13 [mphillip]
Section 2.2.2 of binding spec confirms it is not valid for the jndi variant
16:39:49 [mphillip]
All approve the application of the resolution for Issue 28
16:39:58 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Issue 28 can be closed
16:40:34 [eric]
Topic: Test assertions
16:40:38 [eric]
Phil's email: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Apr/0003.html
16:42:05 [mphillip]
Phil: Temporarily modified testcases.xml to remove WSDL tests and built a new testcases document to find out which assertions are not covered. Observations in email.
16:47:05 [mphillip]
Eric: Regarding proposal 5 - if using jndi how can you force the test to use a topic
16:49:24 [mphillip]
Phil: The object defined to jndi wouldhave to be defined to be a topic - don't think the test needs to go as far as checking the object type to enforce it being a topic
16:50:11 [mphillip]
Mark: Following that line of thought we *could* remove proposal 5 because everything we get out of jndi is a JMSDestination, but happy to leave it in
16:50:32 [mphillip]
Peter: Agreed - feels more secure to leave it in
16:51:30 [mphillip]
action: Phil to implement the test coverage proposals
16:51:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-160 - Implement the test coverage proposals [on Phil Adams - due 2010-04-20].
16:52:16 [mphillip]
TOPIC: AOB
16:52:53 [mphillip]
Eric: Will not be available next week - nor will Amy, so no TIBCO reps.... propose we skip next week's call and work on actions
16:54:09 [mphillip]
Eric: Need to think about how we get two different implementations that we can test together
16:54:32 [mphillip]
Phil: Do we need two implementations from different companies?
16:54:51 [mphillip]
Eric: Technically not, but it would be preferable
16:55:23 [mphillip]
Eric: The CXF project has an implementation, so that plus a vendor project would be sufficient
16:55:45 [mphillip]
Phil: Is anyone from the working group companies involved in CXF?
16:57:37 [mphillip]
Eric: Barrier to involvement with Apache projects should be fairly low
16:59:26 [mphillip]
Next call - usual time 27th April
16:59:29 [Zakim]
-Peter_Easton
16:59:30 [Zakim]
-eric
16:59:30 [Zakim]
-Derek
16:59:31 [Zakim]
-alewis
16:59:31 [Zakim]
-padams
16:59:33 [Zakim]
-Mark
16:59:33 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:59:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were padams, Peter_Easton, alewis, +1.708.246.aaaa, +0196270aabb, Mark, eric, Derek
16:59:47 [mphillip]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:59:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/13-soap-jms-minutes.html mphillip
17:01:23 [padams]
padams has left #soap-jms
17:22:58 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
18:57:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms