IRC log of sparql on 2010-04-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:56:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:56:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/04/06-sparql-irc
13:56:35 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:56:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
13:56:37 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
13:56:37 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:56:37 [LeeF]
zakim, this will be SPARQL
13:56:38 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:56:38 [trackbot]
Date: 06 April 2010
13:56:38 [Zakim]
ok, LeeF; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:58:17 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:58:24 [Zakim]
+pgearon
13:58:59 [MattPerry]
MattPerry has joined #sparql
13:59:04 [Zakim]
+LeeF
14:00:14 [Zakim]
+??P19
14:00:20 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P19 is me
14:00:20 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:00:47 [dcharbon2]
dcharbon2 has joined #sparql
14:01:14 [Zakim]
+??P21
14:01:15 [Zakim]
+mischat
14:02:18 [MattPerry]
I just joined through skype
14:02:20 [LeeF]
zakim, mischat is temporarily SteveH
14:02:20 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:02:30 [LeeF]
zakim, ??P21 is MattPerry
14:02:30 [Zakim]
+MattPerry; got it
14:02:30 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql
14:02:37 [LeeF]
zakim, who's on the phone?
14:02:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see pgearon, LeeF, AndyS, MattPerry, SteveH
14:03:27 [LeeF]
# PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-30
14:03:27 [LeeF]
# PROPOSED: Approve F2F minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-25
14:03:27 [LeeF]
# PROPOSED: Approve F2F minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-26
14:03:31 [SteveH]
Zakim, SteveH is [Garlik]
14:03:31 [Zakim]
+[Garlik]; got it
14:03:44 [SteveH]
Zakim, [Garlik] is temporarily SteveH
14:03:44 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:03:50 [Zakim]
+dcharbon2
14:04:05 [dcharbon2]
Zakim, mute me
14:04:05 [Zakim]
dcharbon2 should now be muted
14:04:40 [Souri]
Souri has joined #sparql
14:05:03 [Zakim]
+Souri
14:06:10 [LeeF]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-30
14:06:14 [LeeF]
Chair: LeeF
14:06:19 [LeeF]
Scribenick: LeeF
14:06:46 [LeeF]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-30
14:06:52 [LeeF]
PROPOSED: Approve F2F minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-25
14:07:31 [LeeF]
RESOLVED: Approve F2F minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-25
14:07:41 [LeeF]
PROPOSED: Approve F2F minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-26
14:08:10 [LeeF]
RESOLVED: Approve F2F minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-26
14:09:28 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:09:42 [LeeF]
zakim, IPCaller is Orri
14:09:42 [Zakim]
+Orri; got it
14:10:05 [LeeF]
LeeF: AndyS, are you planning to put together a proposal to move forward on the open property paths issues?
14:10:08 [LeeF]
AndyS: Yes, not sure when
14:10:13 [LeeF]
LeeF: no time pressure, I don't think
14:11:57 [LeeF]
topic: URIs for built-in SPARQL functions
14:12:03 [pgearon]
+q
14:12:08 [LeeF]
ack pgearon
14:12:18 [LeeF]
LeeF: AndyS raised issue of minting URIs for built-in SPARQL functions e.g. bound, coalesce, etc.
14:12:26 [LeeF]
... need to mind URIs and put documents at those URIs
14:13:07 [LeeF]
pgearon: think I remember a discussion on a mailing list about a namespace for built-in SPARQL function URIs
14:13:09 [LeeF]
LeeF: where?
14:13:17 [LeeF]
pgearon: maybe SIG list?
14:13:52 [LeeF]
LeeF: maybe it was on the sparql-dev list ?
14:14:11 [LeeF]
pgearon: think it was a collection of interested people discussing it
14:15:08 [LeeF]
LeeF: i'll also search for previous discussion
14:15:18 [LeeF]
... we need help from our team contacts to carve out appropriate location in W3C Web-space
14:16:25 [Zakim]
-Orri
14:20:45 [LeeF]
LeeF: discussion of current state of negation discussions
14:20:57 [LeeF]
... if we don't reach a consensus, will put it to a group vote
14:21:04 [LeeF]
... continue discusison on mailing list as long as there is energy
14:21:05 [SteveH]
q+
14:21:13 [SteveH]
q-
14:21:25 [LeeF]
pgearon: implemented MINUS semantics, but appreciate leaning towards including both ways of doing it
14:22:08 [LeeF]
SteveH: think what we have now is OK, not so worried about the scoping issue of a NOT EXISTS FILTER
14:23:39 [LeeF]
LeeF: EricP put this draft together: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service
14:23:45 [Souri]
I like the F2F3 decision about MINUS / NOT EXISTS, but would like to understand the implications about its mobility within the containing BGP
14:24:54 [dcharbon2]
I can
14:24:57 [LeeF]
LeeF: would like to have people review the federated query document
14:25:00 [SteveH]
...ish
14:25:19 [LeeF]
ACTION: David to review the federated query document at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service
14:25:19 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - David
14:25:19 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. dcharbon2, dnewman2)
14:25:26 [LeeF]
ACTION: charbon2 to review the federated query document at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service
14:25:26 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - charbon2
14:25:29 [LeeF]
ACTION: dcharbon2 to review the federated query document at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service
14:25:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-220 - Review the federated query document at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service [on David Charboneau - due 2010-04-13].
14:27:04 [AndyS]
Bye all
14:27:08 [Zakim]
-Souri
14:27:08 [dcharbon2]
bye
14:27:09 [Zakim]
-SteveH
14:27:10 [MattPerry]
bye
14:27:11 [Zakim]
-LeeF
14:27:12 [Zakim]
-dcharbon2
14:27:16 [LeeF]
Adjourned
14:27:18 [Zakim]
-MattPerry
14:27:31 [AndyS]
Arq we talking about update/naming post TC?
14:27:35 [sandro]
nice timing.... (just arriving) Sorry!
14:27:56 [AndyS]
(LeeF, SteveH, pgrearon)
14:28:03 [Zakim]
-pgearon
14:28:50 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql
15:15:49 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:15:51 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:15:52 [Zakim]
Attendees were pgearon, LeeF, AndyS, MattPerry, SteveH, dcharbon2, Souri, Orri
15:51:26 [LeeF]
AndyS, I guess not - sorry I didn't see your message and ran off to other things
16:33:00 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql