IRC log of wai-wcag on 2010-04-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:55:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:55:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/04/01-wai-wcag-irc
19:55:32 [Loretta]
zakim, this will be wai-wcag
19:55:32 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, Loretta
19:55:49 [Loretta]
rrsagent, make lots public
19:55:49 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make lots public', Loretta. Try /msg RRSAgent help
19:55:57 [Loretta]
rrsagent, make logs public
19:56:46 [Loretta]
Chair: Loretta
19:57:17 [Loretta]
Regrets: Ben Caldwell, Tim Boland, Michael Cooper
19:58:45 [Loretta]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:58:45 [Zakim]
ok, Loretta; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
19:59:17 [Loretta]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:00:46 [Loretta]
Regrets: Sofia Celic
20:01:23 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
20:01:30 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:02:11 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:02:20 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:39 [Zakim]
+[Oracle]
20:02:45 [Zakim]
+Andrew_KirkPatrick
20:02:53 [jamesn]
zakim, Oracle has James_Nurthen
20:02:53 [Zakim]
+James_Nurthen; got it
20:04:01 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:07:40 [jamesn]
scribeNick: jamesn
20:07:43 [Loretta]
Scribe: James_Nurthen
20:09:23 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
20:12:15 [Loretta]
zakim, who is making noise
20:12:15 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is making noise', Loretta
20:12:28 [Loretta]
zakim, noise?
20:12:28 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, Loretta.
20:13:12 [Loretta]
zakim, who is making noise?
20:13:22 [Zakim]
Loretta, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: David_MacDonald (85%), [Oracle] (29%), Katie_Haritos-Shea (29%)
20:14:36 [jamesn]
David MacDonald: Canadian Govt Adopting WCAG2 in CLAF - a lawsuit is sayiing that being discriminatory in not going to WCAG2. They are very interested in the 3rd party techniques. They are saying that you have to use W3C published sufficinet techniques.
20:14:57 [jamesn]
David MacDonald: may be interested in helping get more techniques published
20:15:17 [jamesn]
Katie: Access Board webinar mentioned that for provisions consistent with WCAG giving URL to WCAG techniques and success criteria for how to do things.
20:19:10 [Zakim]
+??P8
20:19:33 [Loretta]
zakim, +??P8 is Gregg
20:19:33 [Zakim]
sorry, Loretta, I do not recognize a party named '+??P8'
20:19:58 [Loretta]
zakim, +P8 is Gregg
20:19:58 [Zakim]
sorry, Loretta, I do not recognize a party named '+P8'
20:20:05 [Loretta]
zakim, P8 is Gregg
20:20:05 [Zakim]
sorry, Loretta, I do not recognize a party named 'P8'
20:20:12 [jamesn]
zakim, ??P8 is Gregg
20:20:12 [Zakim]
+Gregg; got it
20:20:38 [jamesn]
rrsagent, make minutes
20:20:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/01-wai-wcag-minutes.html jamesn
20:28:08 [Loretta]
Regrets: Drew LaHart
20:31:41 [jamesn]
TOPIC: Sufficient Flash Technique for SC 1.1.1, 1.3.1, 3.3.2, 4.1.2: Setting label property for form components
20:37:10 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: Accept Sufficient Flash Technique for SC 1.1.1, 1.3.1, 3.3.2, 4.1.2: Setting label property for form components as ammended
20:37:29 [jamesn]
TOPIC: Sufficient Flash Technique for SC 1.4.4: Using a flash based style switcher to provide text enlargement
21:03:28 [jamesn]
ACTION: Loretta to send email to Michael and Ben to check on the discoverability of a Flash technique if we add this to a CSS technique.
21:03:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-82 - Send email to Michael and Ben to check on the discoverability of a Flash technique if we add this to a CSS technique. [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2010-04-08].
21:10:41 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: leave Sufficient Flash Technique for SC 1.4.4: Using a flash based style switcher to provide text enlargement open pending ACTION-82
21:11:29 [jamesn]
TOPIC: Sufficient Flash Technique for SC 1.4.2: Using screen reader detection to turn off sounds that play automatically
21:23:25 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: Accept Sufficient Flash Technique for SC 1.4.2: Using screen reader detection to turn off sounds that play automatically as ammended
21:23:51 [jamesn]
TOPIC: Using the DataGrid component to associate column headers with cells
21:38:56 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: Leave Using the DataGrid component to associate column headers with cells open
21:42:18 [Zakim]
-Andrew_KirkPatrick
21:42:20 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:42:21 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:42:29 [jamesn]
rrsagent, make minutes
21:42:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/01-wai-wcag-minutes.html jamesn
21:44:17 [jamesn]
zakim, please part
21:44:17 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andrew_KirkPatrick, James_Nurthen, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Gregg
21:44:17 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
21:44:24 [jamesn]
rrsagent, make minutes
21:44:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/01-wai-wcag-minutes.html jamesn
21:44:51 [jamesn]
rrsagent, please part
21:44:51 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/01-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:44:51 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to send email to Michael and Ben to check on the discoverability of a Flash technique if we add this to a CSS technique. [1]
21:44:51 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/01-wai-wcag-irc#T21-03-28