IRC log of webapps on 2010-03-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:04:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webapps
18:04:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/03/31-webapps-irc
18:04:39 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:04:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webapps
18:04:41 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DOM3
18:04:41 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_WebApps(DOM3)2:00PM already started
18:04:42 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Applications Working Group Teleconference
18:04:42 [trackbot]
Date: 31 March 2010
18:04:51 [shepazu]
Zakim, call shepazu
18:04:51 [Zakim]
ok, shepazu; the call is being made
18:04:52 [Zakim]
+Shepazu
18:06:49 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
18:07:04 [smaug]
Zakim:, [IPcaller] is me
18:07:16 [smaug]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is Olli_Pettay
18:07:16 [Zakim]
+Olli_Pettay; got it
18:13:37 [Travis]
topic: beforescroll, magnify ideas
18:13:50 [Travis]
Very interesting ideas.
18:14:05 [Travis]
wheel event provides some of these use cases (for panning anyway).
18:14:55 [Travis]
smaug: Chatted with Joao and recommended that these ideas be addressed in a future events spec.
18:15:16 [Travis]
shepazu: We're pretty much feature-complete at this point.
18:16:51 [Marcos]
Marcos has joined #webapps
18:17:24 [Travis]
topic: DOMActivate
18:18:12 [Travis]
shepazu: Spoke with PF WG and addressed the topic of deprecating DOMActivate.
18:18:50 [ArtB]
ArtB has joined #webapps
18:19:07 [Travis]
... Their resolution was that they had no objections so long as activation behvior is retained (we have clarified that) and make it more clear that "click" is device independent.
18:19:40 [Travis]
... I will add some specific text to the spec to address these point immediately.
18:19:55 [Travis]
... From XForms WG, they are still concerned about deprecating DOMActivate.
18:23:00 [Travis]
shepazu: All of our "optional" features are also "deprecated" at the moment.
18:23:49 [Travis]
... One approach to addressing the concerns of XForms is to keep DOMActivate as optional, but remove the "deprecated" status.
18:27:17 [Travis]
... I'm not thrilled about splitting the concept of "optional" and "deprecated".
18:31:38 [Travis]
... Given that a majority of other WG are on board (including accessibility), we believe that any objections at this point should be taken to the list, and addressed at last call.
18:35:46 [Travis]
topic: textInput and input modes
18:39:27 [Travis]
In some scenarios (editing w/execCommands and contenteditable), we may not be able to discern script from end-user input.
18:39:36 [Travis]
Action: shepazu to add note to input mode (for textInput) that "source script" should not be used as a basis for security decisions, as some UAs may not be able to discern between script and end-user input.
18:39:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-512 - Add note to input mode (for textInput) that "source script" should not be used as a basis for security decisions, as some UAs may not be able to discern between script and end-user input. [on Doug Schepers - due 2010-04-07].
18:43:42 [Travis]
topic: composition start/end and cancelable
18:44:12 [Travis]
smaug: Got some feedback regarding the ability to cancel IMEs in GTK in Unix-based OS
18:44:41 [Travis]
... didn't seem to be able to cancle the IME on these platforms.
18:53:56 [Travis]
... need to get further clarification.
18:54:56 [Zakim]
-Olli_Pettay
18:54:58 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
18:55:06 [Zakim]
-Shepazu
18:55:07 [Zakim]
IA_WebApps(DOM3)2:00PM has ended
18:55:08 [Zakim]
Attendees were [Microsoft], Shepazu, Olli_Pettay
18:55:11 [Travis]
Travis: I also had some feedback that I'll send to the list.
18:56:39 [shepazu]
trackbot, end telcon
18:56:39 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
18:56:39 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
18:56:40 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
18:56:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/31-webapps-minutes.html trackbot
18:56:41 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
18:56:41 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/31-webapps-actions.rdf :
18:56:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shepazu to add note to input mode (for textInput) that "source script" should not be used as a basis for security decisions, as some UAs may not be able to discern between script and end-user input. [1]
18:56:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/31-webapps-irc#T18-39-36