IRC log of soap-jms on 2010-03-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:58:44 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:58:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/03/30-soap-jms-irc
15:58:46 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:58:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
15:58:48 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:58:48 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
15:58:49 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:58:49 [trackbot]
Date: 30 March 2010
15:59:11 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
15:59:18 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.663.aaaa
16:01:20 [padams2]
padams2 has joined #soap-jms
16:01:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.918.aabb
16:01:50 [padams]
Zakim, aabb is padams
16:01:50 [Zakim]
+padams; got it
16:01:53 [Zakim]
+ +1.708.246.aacc
16:02:11 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
16:02:23 [Zakim]
+ +0196287aadd
16:02:43 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
16:02:48 [mphillip]
Zakim, aadd is mphillip
16:02:48 [Zakim]
+mphillip; got it
16:03:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.846.aaee
16:04:41 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 1) Appointment of the scribe
16:04:49 [mphillip]
Scribe: Mark
16:04:52 [mphillip]
Chair: Eric
16:05:06 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 2) Approval of prior meeting minutes
16:05:21 [mphillip]
All approve the minutes from previous meetings
16:05:31 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review the agenda
16:06:03 [mphillip]
All approve the agenda with no amendments
16:07:09 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Review action items
16:07:55 [mphillip]
Mark: No changes now felt necessary for clarification on Topic support
16:07:56 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.519.aaff
16:08:00 [mphillip]
close action-138
16:08:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-138 Raise the question of Topic support as an issue closed
16:09:55 [mphillip]
Eric: 146 - still following this up
16:10:13 [mphillip]
Mark: 147 - complete
16:10:17 [mphillip]
close action-147
16:10:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-147 Apply the resolution to issue 28 closed
16:10:31 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:11:40 [mphillip]
Mark: 148 - will respond to mailing list
16:11:51 [mphillip]
Phil: 150 done
16:11:58 [mphillip]
close action-150
16:12:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-150 Raise issue re: assertion 2014 and propose a resolution closed
16:12:28 [eric]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Mar/0026.html
16:12:45 [mphillip]
Eric: 152 is complete - bogus action item (spec changes already made)
16:12:51 [mphillip]
close action-152
16:12:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-152 Address use of the word "may" in the second bullet of the soapjms:contentType description within the SOAP/JMS binding spec closed
16:13:05 [mphillip]
Eric: 153
16:13:05 [mphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Mar/0027.html
16:13:41 [mphillip]
Eric: action is complete
16:13:46 [mphillip]
close action-153
16:13:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-153 Investigate feasibility of operating JMS in the cloud closed
16:14:07 [mphillip]
Mark: 154 still pending
16:14:23 [mphillip]
Phil: 155 still pending
16:14:40 [mphillip]
Eric: 156 - complete - see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Mar/0024.html
16:14:49 [mphillip]
close action-156
16:14:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-156 Come uo with counter proposal for issue 31 (isFault) closed
16:15:21 [mphillip]
TOPIC: URI specification
16:15:34 [mphillip]
Still pending - per action to chase up Oracle
16:15:40 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Raised Issues
16:15:49 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/29
16:16:14 [mphillip]
Marl: Will respond to mailing list - issue to remain "Raised"
16:16:31 [mphillip]
Issue 32: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/32
16:18:43 [mphillip]
Eric: Proposal is to remove Protocol-2015 assertion for the 3 reasons given in the link
16:20:05 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No objections to opening Issue 32
16:20:30 [mphillip]
Issue 33: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/33
16:21:24 [mphillip]
Phil: Aim is to clean up assertion 2014: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2008/ws/soapjms/soapjms.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#Protocol-2014
16:24:35 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: No objections to opening Issue 33
16:25:19 [mphillip]
TOPIC: Accepting proposals to close open issues
16:25:44 [mphillip]
Eric: Skipping issue 27 - updating the URI which should be straightforward
16:27:03 [mphillip]
Mark: Issue 30 http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/30
16:28:39 [mphillip]
Mark: Should we mention the URI in the WSDL 2.0 section which aims to clarify precedence rules
16:29:00 [eric]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2008/ws/soapjms/soapjms.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#wsdl-11-example
16:29:37 [mphillip]
Amy: Do not agree that this proposal clarifies the spec - may make it more murky
16:30:22 [mphillip]
Eric: From the example linked above, a property could be put in the URI (line 41)
16:31:25 [mphillip]
Eric: Looking at the WSDL2 example - properties could go in line 19 (URI)
16:32:01 [mphillip]
Eric: or the endpoint (outside the URI)
16:32:54 [mphillip]
Amy: The attributes of Endpoint take precedence of it's child elements
16:34:07 [mphillip]
Eric: Proposal could be stronger if it says "The address attribute of the endpoint wins over endpoint elements, which wins over service".... etc
16:37:32 [mphillip]
Peter: This is a fairly pathological case
16:38:56 [mphillip]
Amy: Agreed extensibility in WSDL doesn't normally include the contents - we are looking at a case where properties in an attribute are different from the content of the element which is unlikely
16:39:23 [eric]
(eric getting virtual feathers ready....)
16:46:24 [mphillip]
Amy: WSDL 2.0 establishes clear precedence rules (unlike WSDL 1.1) so if we specify additional behaviour in SOAP/JMS we will be effectively modifying the WSDL2.0 spec.
16:47:15 [mphillip]
Phil: So by saying "Endpoint wins over service" - does that include the address attribute overriding child extensibility elements?
16:47:54 [mphillip]
Amy: No, you wouldn't expect child elements to override the attributes - this is what Peter called the pathalogical case
16:49:08 [mphillip]
Eric: We could go back to section 3.4.4 and say that the behaviour would be undefined if elements in the Port override properties in the address attribute
16:51:05 [mphillip]
Phil: Does anyone have a problem that properties in the address attribute should *NOT* override child elements
16:51:09 [mphillip]
?
16:51:46 [mphillip]
Phil: Could be clearer in 3.4.4 about which URI we mean - i.e. the address attribute of the Port element
16:52:57 [mphillip]
action: Phil to propose an alternate proposal to resolve issue 30
16:52:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-157 - Propose an alternate proposal to resolve issue 30 [on Phil Adams - due 2010-04-06].
16:54:23 [mphillip]
Eric: Out of time
16:54:27 [mphillip]
TOPIC: AOB
16:55:02 [mphillip]
Eric: The high priority item for us in moving to PR is how we test for interoperability
16:57:26 [Zakim]
-eric
16:57:27 [Zakim]
-alewis
16:57:28 [Zakim]
-mphillip
16:57:28 [Zakim]
-padams
16:57:29 [Zakim]
- +1.708.246.aacc
16:57:29 [Zakim]
-peaston
16:57:31 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:57:33 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.919.663.aaaa, alewis, +1.512.918.aabb, padams, +1.708.246.aacc, +0196287aadd, mphillip, +1.650.846.aaee, eric, +1.617.519.aaff, peaston
16:58:01 [mphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:58:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/30-soap-jms-minutes.html mphillip
16:58:19 [padams]
padams has left #soap-jms
16:59:15 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
17:02:03 [mphillip]
mphillip has left #soap-jms
18:49:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms