IRC log of swcg on 2010-03-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:46:49 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #swcg
11:46:49 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/03/10-swcg-irc
13:21:28 [sandro]
sandro has joined #swcg
13:29:08 [sandro]
sandro has joined #swcg
13:36:50 [sandro]
sandro has joined #swcg
13:40:12 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #swcg
13:40:19 [ivan]
zakim, this will be swcg
13:40:19 [Zakim]
ok, ivan; I see SW_CG()9:00AM scheduled to start in 20 minutes
13:40:28 [ivan]
rrsagent, set log public
13:40:44 [ivan]
Meeting: SW CG Telco, 2010-03-10
13:40:47 [ivan]
Chair: Ivan
13:40:59 [ivan]
Regrets: Ian, Manu
13:54:08 [AmitSheth]
AmitSheth has joined #swcg
13:54:08 [Zakim]
SW_CG()9:00AM has now started
13:54:15 [Zakim]
+??P9
13:54:24 [TomB]
TomB has joined #swcg
13:54:37 [ivan]
zakim, dial ivan-voip
13:54:37 [Zakim]
ok, ivan; the call is being made
13:54:38 [Zakim]
+Ivan
13:55:13 [Zakim]
+ +1.937.775.aaaa
13:55:22 [ivan]
zakim, ??P9 is Tom
13:55:22 [Zakim]
+Tom; got it
13:55:34 [ivan]
zakim, aaaa is Amit
13:55:34 [Zakim]
+Amit; got it
13:56:45 [TomB]
rrsagent, bookmark
13:56:45 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2010/03/10-swcg-irc#T13-56-45
13:57:04 [TomB]
zakim, this will be swcg
13:57:04 [Zakim]
ok, TomB; I see SW_CG()9:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
14:00:19 [TomB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-semweb-cg/2010Mar/0002.html
14:00:23 [ivan]
zakim, who is here?
14:00:23 [Zakim]
I notice SW_CG()9:00AM has restarted
14:00:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Tom, Ivan, Amit, Sandro
14:00:47 [TomB]
Meeting: SWD CG
14:01:51 [TomB]
Previous: http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swcg-minutes.html
14:02:04 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
14:02:21 [ivan]
Scribenick: Sandro
14:03:12 [ivan]
Topic: Admin, Last meeting
14:03:28 [sandro]
Ivan, it's here: http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RIF_In_RDF
14:03:29 [ivan]
-> http://www.w3.org/2010/03/10-swcg-minutes.html Last meeting minutes
14:03:42 [sandro]
(but I expect to change the title to "Frame View of RIF Syntax"
14:03:46 [sandro]
)
14:03:53 [mscottm]
mscottm has joined #swcg
14:04:26 [sandro]
ivan: Any problems with minutes?
14:04:33 [sandro]
minutes approved
14:04:49 [Zakim]
+ChrisW
14:04:55 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swcg-minutes.html
14:05:07 [ivan]
Topic : next meeting
14:05:16 [Zakim]
+mscottm
14:05:26 [sandro]
next meeting: march 24
14:05:34 [sandro]
AC Meeting is March 22-23.
14:05:46 [sandro]
Ivan: I may not be able to send agenda
14:05:59 [sandro]
regrets (will be at FOSE)
14:05:59 [TomB]
TomB will be traveling and may have to send regrets
14:06:49 [mscottm]
also regrets: AAAI Linked Data meeting
14:06:56 [sandro]
regrets for Scott and Harry
14:07:33 [ivan]
Topic: Semantic Sensor Network
14:07:40 [AmitSheth]
Main page: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Main_Page
14:08:10 [ivan]
zakim, who is here?
14:08:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Tom, Ivan, Amit, Sandro, mhausenblas, ChrisW, mscottm
14:08:47 [sandro]
round-the-table intros
14:09:42 [sandro]
amit: Some members of my team have been participating in these groups
14:11:31 [sandro]
(sorry, I'm not making enough sense of this to scribe. when/if it starts to make sense to me, I'll write things.)
14:13:10 [sandro]
amit: At W3C, we've done describing things (OWL), semantically enhanced services, queries, RDF as integration environment, WSDL services.... the idea now is to bridge with OGC.
14:13:31 [AmitSheth]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Main_Page
14:13:32 [sandro]
amit: Begin the formal process of defining ontologies which describe sensors and sensor networks.
14:13:53 [Zakim]
+keckert
14:13:57 [sandro]
amit: currently 38 people from 17 organizations, academic and industrial.
14:14:04 [danbri]
zakim, keckert is really danbri
14:14:04 [Zakim]
+danbri; got it
14:14:06 [AmitSheth]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Participants
14:14:10 [danbri]
i think - i just joined
14:14:16 [sandro]
... ogc provides geospacial and sensor web experise.
14:14:51 [sandro]
AmitSheth: Three deliverables. 1. ontology for sensors and sensor observations
14:15:07 [sandro]
AmitSheth: 2. relate to OCG ontologies
14:15:40 [sandro]
AmitSheth: 3. Semantic annotations of resources for sensor data
14:16:04 [sandro]
AmitSheth: We've been reviewing previous work, on sensor networks, observation ontologies, sensor techniques
14:16:14 [sandro]
AmitSheth: Developing several use cases.
14:16:28 [Zakim]
-ChrisW
14:16:42 [AmitSheth]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Reference_Use_Cases
14:16:42 [sandro]
AmitSheth: 1- device discovery, 2- data discovery, 3- process provenance
14:16:55 [Zakim]
+ChrisW
14:17:02 [AmitSheth]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/SSN_terms
14:17:04 [danbri]
(somewhat related http://www.w3.org/2010/Talks/0123-dsr-sofsem.pdf from Dave Raggett - 'Extending the Web into the Real World')
14:17:16 [AmitSheth]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Semantic_Sensor_Net_Ontology
14:18:58 [AmitSheth]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Semantic_Markup_Draft_Deliverable
14:19:04 [sandro]
AmitSheth: integrating into ogcswe documents
14:19:34 [AmitSheth]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/The_Report_in_Progress
14:19:47 [ivan]
q+
14:19:56 [ivan]
ack ivan
14:20:56 [danbri]
hmm /me wonders if an iphone is a sensor in this sense <- http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/
14:22:13 [AmitSheth]
http://knoesis1.wright.edu/SSW_NEW_BETA/
14:23:24 [sandro]
AmitSheth: If you want to ask the nearest sensor location, ... ... you'll see that a node shows up. You'll see latest observation about that sensor. uses linked data geonames.
14:25:53 [AmitSheth]
http://wiki.knoesis.org/index.php/SSW
14:27:19 [AmitSheth]
http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base.cgi?stn=KDAY
14:28:03 [AmitSheth]
http://sws.geonames.org/4515418/
14:28:59 [AmitSheth]
http://wiki.knoesis.org/index.php/SSW_Datasets
14:29:13 [ivan]
q?
14:32:17 [sandro]
mscottm: (describes some stuff, not understood by scribe)
14:32:35 [sandro]
AmitSheth: Please mail me that information, and I'll pass it on to group.
14:32:56 [AmitSheth]
amit@knoesis.org
14:33:25 [sandro]
mscottm: It takes some effort to cast your work into the application that you're trying to interest. It's a difficulty with all XGs.
14:33:42 [AmitSheth]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Participants
14:33:50 [sandro]
mscottm: Try to engage with these groups. If they read your pages, they wont understand what you're doing.
14:34:17 [sandro]
AmitSheth: Fortunateiy, we have involvement from key folks, eg CSIRO.
14:36:08 [sandro]
ivan: Do you envisage that the XG will suggest further work?
14:37:01 [sandro]
AmitSheth: There is a value to completing the ontologies.
14:37:18 [sandro]
AmitSheth: If that feeling prevails, yes, we may want to take that work to Rec.
14:37:54 [sandro]
ivan: Thanks, AmitSheth! Looking forward to final report.
14:37:56 [Zakim]
-Amit
14:38:06 [sandro]
AmitSheth: I'll send you the one pager now, Ivan.
14:38:23 [sandro]
Topic: RDF Next Steps
14:38:41 [sandro]
Ivan: Please beat the bushes; submission deadline is early April.
14:39:00 [danbri]
I will chase SWIG folk (they noticed already but a deadline reminder should help)
14:39:03 [ivan]
zakim, who is here?
14:39:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Tom, Ivan, Sandro, mhausenblas, mscottm, danbri, ChrisW
14:39:25 [sandro]
ivan: RDF Next Steps workshop will be at Stanford, on the weekend after SemTech.
14:39:55 [TomB]
http://www.w3.org/2009/12/rdf-ws/ - Workshop 26-27 June, Stanford
14:40:04 [sandro]
mscottm: Who is going to SemTech?
14:40:21 [sandro]
ivan: I expect Me, Sandro, EricP, and Karen, from W3C Team.
14:40:31 [sandro]
chris: Christian and I are giving two different RIF presentations.
14:40:50 [sandro]
mhausenblas: I'm not expecting to go, but some DERI folks will.
14:41:20 [sandro]
mscottm: Aimed at industry?
14:41:57 [sandro]
ivan: Yes, it's not a scientific conference.
14:42:48 [sandro]
ivan: So, yes it's relevant to HCLS.
14:43:15 [sandro]
ivan: Next meeting in 2 weeks, probably.
14:43:19 [sandro]
ADJOURN
14:43:21 [danbri]
re AOB, only as i mentioned earlier - be good to have a CG homepage in the public wiki
14:43:35 [Zakim]
-ChrisW
14:43:37 [Zakim]
-danbri
14:43:41 [Zakim]
-Sandro
14:43:42 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
14:43:45 [Zakim]
-Tom
14:43:46 [Zakim]
-mscottm
14:43:48 [ivan]
rrssagent, draft minutes
14:43:56 [ivan]
zakim, drop me
14:43:56 [Zakim]
Ivan is being disconnected
14:43:57 [Zakim]
SW_CG()9:00AM has ended
14:43:59 [Zakim]
Attendees were Ivan, +1.937.775.aaaa, Tom, Amit, Sandro, mhausenblas, ChrisW, mscottm, danbri
14:44:08 [ivan]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:44:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/10-swcg-minutes.html ivan
14:44:16 [ivan]
zakim, bye
14:44:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #swcg
14:44:26 [ivan]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:44:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/10-swcg-minutes.html ivan
14:44:31 [ivan]
rrsagent, bye
14:44:31 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items