IRC log of mediafrag on 2010-03-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:59:24 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
09:59:24 [RRSAgent]
logging to
09:59:26 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:59:26 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
09:59:28 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
09:59:28 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
09:59:29 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
09:59:29 [trackbot]
Date: 03 March 2010
09:59:59 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
10:00:04 [raphael]
Regrets: Erik, Silvia
10:00:12 [raphael]
10:01:15 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
10:01:55 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
10:02:02 [Zakim]
10:02:06 [Zakim]
10:02:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate raphael
10:03:17 [raphael]
Present: raphael, michael, yves, davy
10:03:20 [Zakim]
10:03:40 [Zakim]
+ +0329331aaaa
10:03:47 [conrad]
conrad has joined #mediafrag
10:04:30 [raphael]
Regrets+ Jack
10:04:57 [raphael]
scribenick: raphael
10:05:05 [raphael]
scribe: Raphael
10:05:12 [raphael]
Topic: 1. Admin
10:05:29 [raphael]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 24 February 2009 telecon,
10:05:31 [raphael]
10:05:33 [mhausenblas]
10:05:34 [davy]
10:05:34 [raphael]
10:05:39 [raphael]
Minutes accepted
10:05:45 [raphael]
10:05:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-145 -- Raphaël Troncy to adjust the milestones in the charter -- due 2010-03-03 -- OPEN
10:05:45 [trackbot]
10:06:41 [raphael]
close ACTION-145
10:06:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-145 Adjust the milestones in the charter closed
10:06:54 [raphael]
see the new table schedule on the group home page,
10:07:06 [raphael]
10:07:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-119 -- Yves Lafon to request admins to set up a cvs notifications mailing list and notifications -- due 2009-10-14 -- OPEN
10:07:06 [trackbot]
10:08:08 [Zakim]
+ +81.80.614.3.aabb
10:08:21 [raphael]
zakim, aabb is Conrad
10:08:21 [Zakim]
+Conrad; got it
10:09:06 [raphael]
Topic: 2. F2F meeting
10:09:15 [raphael]
10:09:45 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
10:09:45 [Zakim]
Conrad should now be muted
10:10:04 [raphael]
I'm requesting you put more items of things you would like to have been discussed
10:10:29 [raphael]
Topic: 3. Specification
10:10:38 [raphael]
10:10:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-134 -- Erik Mannens to mark up the spec with normative and informative classes -- due 2010-02-10 -- OPEN
10:10:38 [trackbot]
10:10:57 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
10:10:57 [Zakim]
Conrad should no longer be muted
10:11:37 [raphael]
Propose to close it, since we marked up already what is stable and not
10:11:45 [raphael]
Some support from Yves
10:11:48 [raphael]
no objetions
10:11:50 [conrad]
10:11:54 [davy]
10:11:56 [raphael]
10:11:56 [mhausenblas]
10:12:03 [raphael]
close ACTION-134
10:12:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-134 Mark up the spec with normative and informative classes closed
10:12:21 [raphael]
10:12:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-142 -- Raphaël Troncy to apply this change in the section 5.1.3 (jack's note) -- due 2010-02-24 -- OPEN
10:12:21 [trackbot]
10:12:30 [raphael]
close ACTION-142
10:12:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-142 Apply this change in the section 5.1.3 (jack's note) closed
10:13:01 [raphael]
Topic: 4. Media URI Syntax
10:13:07 [raphael]
10:13:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-126 -- Yves Lafon to follow up on error in ABFN for npt -- due 2009-12-23 -- OPEN
10:13:07 [trackbot]
10:13:11 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
10:13:11 [Zakim]
Conrad should now be muted
10:13:24 [raphael]
Yves: it is done, both the wiki page and the document has been changed
10:13:49 [raphael]
In the document, at the end, there is a consolidated annex with what we have imported
10:14:23 [Yves]
10:15:02 [Yves] Wall-clock time code
10:15:10 [Yves]
Editorial note: Philip
10:15:13 [Yves]
The datetime definition should be imported from either global date and time (HTML 5) or utc-time (RFC 2326).
10:15:19 [Yves]
Editorial note: Yves
10:15:22 [Yves]
In fact it should be a subset of ISO 8601, RFC 3339 would do. (Need WG decision)
10:16:07 [raphael]
Issue: which def should we take?
10:16:07 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-15 - Which def should we take? ; please complete additional details at .
10:16:17 [Yves]
10:16:25 [raphael]
drop ISSUE-15
10:17:33 [raphael]
Yves: I would prefer to use the 3339 rather than the def used in HTML5 and the RTSP protocol
10:18:20 [raphael]
... HTML5 have chosen the ISO def rather than the RFC definition
10:18:29 [raphael]
... I think they are the same, but we should be consistent in our ref
10:19:12 [raphael]
Raphael: do you want a WG decision now ? We are not that many on the call
10:19:37 [raphael]
Yves: this is not rocket science, but should be pretty straightforward
10:19:46 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
10:19:46 [Zakim]
Conrad should no longer be muted
10:20:04 [raphael]
Raphael: I would propose a 5 min discussion at the F2F meeting
10:20:30 [raphael]
... in order to take a WG decision (re: section
10:20:53 [raphael]
Bug at is corrected
10:21:08 [raphael]
Bug at is corrected
10:21:18 [raphael]
The 's' has been dropped
10:21:30 [raphael]
close ACTION-126
10:21:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-126 Follow up on error in ABFN for npt closed
10:21:42 [raphael]
Yves: the 's' was already optional but has been dropped
10:22:13 [Yves]
10:22:36 [raphael]
Yves: the Annex B collects all the bits of the syntax
10:22:54 [raphael]
10:22:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-150 -- Erik Mannens to summarize the discussion on the quotes in a mail or on the wiki -- due 2010-03-03 -- OPEN
10:22:54 [trackbot]
10:23:32 [raphael]
Raphael: whether we should have quotes or not for track and id will be a topic at the F2F meeting
10:23:44 [raphael]
Yves: using quotes seem more secure ... but it is matter of discussion
10:23:58 [Yves]
wwe need jack for this one
10:24:09 [Yves]
10:24:16 [raphael]
Topic: 5. Protocol
10:24:21 [raphael]
10:24:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-123 -- Yves Lafon to come up with ABNF for header syntax -- due 2009-12-09 -- OPEN
10:24:21 [trackbot]
10:24:36 [raphael]
-- pending
10:24:49 [raphael]
Yves: we need some further discussion
10:25:16 [raphael]
... in particular how we express the non-temporal dimension
10:25:29 [raphael]
... my plan is to actually _do_ that during the F2F meeting
10:26:47 [raphael]
Raphael: this is another topic for the f2f
10:26:56 [raphael]
Topic: 6. Rendering media fragments in the UA
10:27:02 [raphael]
10:27:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-141 -- Conrad Parker to add a paragraph in the section 5.2.1 that further clarify the role of the UA for rendering a media fragment -- due 2010-02-24 -- OPEN
10:27:02 [trackbot]
10:27:20 [raphael]
Conrad: I will do that by f2f
10:27:41 [raphael]
10:27:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-135 -- Erik Mannens to extend section 5 regarding spatial and track dimension -- due 2010-02-10 -- OPEN
10:27:41 [trackbot]
10:27:56 [raphael]
Davy: I have looked at it a little bit
10:28:14 [davy]
10:28:18 [raphael]
... look for examples
10:28:40 [raphael]
Davy: examples of bow text fragments can be rendered, highlighted
10:28:50 [davy]
10:29:01 [raphael]
... I look also at the annotation tool of YouTube
10:30:24 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
10:30:24 [Zakim]
Conrad should now be muted
10:30:56 [raphael]
... we also look at Flash development
10:31:08 [raphael]
... on the F2F I will make an implementation report
10:31:17 [raphael]
... perhaps with a demo
10:31:30 [raphael]
... but mainly the problems we have
10:32:21 [raphael]
Topic: 7. Test Cases
10:32:28 [raphael]
10:32:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-118 -- Michael Hausenblas to come up with individual 'normal' test cases (+/- 20) -- due 2010-03-09 -- OPEN
10:32:28 [trackbot]
10:32:47 [raphael]
close ACTIONB-118
10:32:49 [raphael]
close ACTION-118
10:32:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-118 Come up with individual 'normal' test cases (+/- 20) closed
10:33:18 [raphael]
10:33:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-147 -- Michael Hausenblas to add all MF WG members to corrib -- due 2010-03-05 -- OPEN
10:33:18 [trackbot]
10:34:33 [raphael]
... will be done by F2F
10:34:54 [raphael]
Michael: goal of the F2F is to review the TC that are in corrib
10:35:47 [raphael]
Other actions
10:35:52 [raphael]
10:35:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-71 -- Michael Hausenblas to investigate whether he could have an implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments parsing -- due 2009-10-14 -- CLOSED
10:35:52 [trackbot]
10:37:05 [raphael]
Davy: we mostly look at how to generate HTTP headers with js
10:37:20 [raphael]
... not really on parsing media fragments
10:37:39 [raphael]
... Silvia was looking at this
10:38:07 [raphael]
Raphael: I will ask Silvia if she wants to take this action or not at f2f
10:38:57 [raphael]
Topic: 8. AB
10:39:07 [raphael]
Raphael: is there any other business to discuss?
10:39:47 [raphael]
Next gathering is in Ghent
10:39:59 [raphael]
Michael: will be around most of the time remotely
10:40:17 [raphael]
Silvia: any slots you will 'more' here than others?
10:40:22 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
10:40:22 [Zakim]
Conrad should no longer be muted
10:41:19 [silvia]
the morning sessions, as usual
10:41:40 [raphael]
same for conrad
10:41:52 [raphael]
Raphael: we will focus deep discussion during our morning sessions
10:42:08 [silvia]
thanks, much appreciated
10:42:29 [Zakim]
10:42:30 [Zakim]
10:42:31 [Zakim]
10:42:32 [Zakim]
10:42:33 [Zakim]
10:42:33 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
10:42:33 [raphael]
Raphael: please, all, finish all your actions BEFORE the f2f
10:42:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were raphael, mhausenblas, Yves, +0329331aaaa, Davy, +81.80.614.3.aabb, Conrad
10:42:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate raphael
10:43:26 [raphael]
10:45:20 [raphael]
SribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics
10:45:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate raphael
10:45:50 [davy]
davy has left #mediafrag
10:45:59 [raphael]
ScribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics
10:46:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate raphael
10:46:34 [raphael]
10:46:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate raphael
10:47:08 [raphael]
zakim, bye
10:47:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
10:47:13 [raphael]
RRSAgent, bye
10:47:13 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items