Chatlog 2013-01-31

From RDFa Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

14:10:06 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
14:10:06 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/01/31-rdfa-irc
14:10:08 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:10:08 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #rdfa
14:10:10 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 7332
14:10:10 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFa()10:00AM scheduled to start in 50 minutes
14:10:11 <trackbot> Meeting: RDFa Working Group Teleconference
14:10:11 <trackbot> Date: 31 January 2013
14:36:07 <TallTed> TallTed has joined #rdfa
15:01:23 <niklasl> niklasl has joined #rdfa
15:03:00 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has now started
15:03:07 <Zakim> +??P15
15:03:10 <niklasl> zakim, I am ??P15
15:03:10 <Zakim> +niklasl; got it
15:03:23 <manu> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2013Jan/0096.html
15:03:30 <Zakim> +??P21
15:03:32 <manu> zakim, I am ??P21
15:03:32 <Zakim> +manu; got it
15:03:52 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
15:03:52 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
15:03:54 <Zakim> +Ivan
15:05:42 <gkellogg> gkellogg has joined #rdfa
15:07:04 <TallTed> TallTed has changed the topic to: RDFa WG - http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/ - current agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2013Jan/0096.html
15:07:07 <Zakim> +??P25
15:07:10 <Zakim> -Ivan
15:07:16 <gkellogg> zakim, I am ??P25
15:07:16 <Zakim> +gkellogg; got it
15:07:25 <ShaneM> ShaneM has joined #rdfa
15:07:50 <Zakim> +scor
15:08:06 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
15:08:06 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
15:08:07 <Zakim> +Ivan
15:08:33 <Zakim> +Shane_McCarron
15:08:50 <ShaneM> zakim, I am Shane_McCarron
15:08:50 <Zakim> ok, ShaneM, I now associate you with Shane_McCarron
15:12:21 <manu> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2013Jan/0096.html
15:12:41 <niklasl> manu: Agenda for today is to review recent changes to the html+rdfa spec, then do proposal to LC, anything else?
15:12:56 <ivan> q+
15:13:17 <niklasl> scor: Guha on list of acknowledgments?
15:14:30 <niklasl> ivan: before voting, we should spend some time with new issue from dr. olaf
15:14:43 <niklasl> manu: I've sent a response, but yes, we should talk about that
15:15:06 <scor> scor has joined #rdfa
15:15:37 <manu> Topic: DOCTYPE declarations for HTML+RDFa 1.1
15:16:16 <niklasl> manu: HTML5 is not versioned, so there is no real wiggle room on this...
15:16:55 <niklasl> ivan: shane's remark: processor will manage with versions, but it will be illegal...
15:17:53 <niklasl> manu: we're not gonna make any changes based on this
15:18:26 <niklasl> manu: so at this point we make sure that RDFa is backwards compatible
15:19:38 <niklasl> manu: HTML5 processing of doctype has bled out of browsers and is now the common practise
15:20:26 <niklasl> ivan: so this is not a formal issue and we can consider this closed
15:20:28 <niklasl> manu: yes, we already talked about this for months and the group doesn't intend to change the decision of how we deal with it. What we have right now strikes a reasonable compromise.
15:20:35 <manu> Topic: Property Copying Algorithm
15:20:41 <manu> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdfa-in-html/#implementing-property-copying
15:20:50 <niklasl> gregg: I've changed the rules back to the previous form
15:21:36 <niklasl> gregg: two steps: 1. rule pattern copy; copy all properties, including rdf:type; 2. pattern clean, remove copy refs to pattern, removes pattern, and the pattern type copied over
15:22:13 <niklasl> manu: any comment on this, or anything else?
15:22:29 <niklasl> manu: some editorial issues may remain, but that's fine for LC
15:23:03 <niklasl> ivan: stefan did a good job
15:24:40 <niklasl> ivan: let's plan a bit ahead. do we intend to go to a separate CR, or direct to PR?
15:24:49 <niklasl> ivan: 3 weeks is the minimal LC
15:25:08 <niklasl> ivan: do we wish to extend this a bit and then go directly to PR?
15:26:15 <niklasl> manu: my thinking is we can say 3 weeks, but stay in "limbo" for two more if needed for interoperable impls. If we say 5 and are done in 3, we would need to wait
15:26:37 <niklasl> ivan: we should aim to go to PR together with the other edited documents. How much time do we need for those?
15:28:30 <niklasl> ivan: one semi-technical change on the processing steps (didn't appear to be problematic)? And a DTD issue in the XML stuff.
15:29:02 <niklasl> manu: there should only be minor editorial mixups; nothing troublesome
15:29:10 <niklasl> manu: doable in 3 weeks
15:29:51 <niklasl> niklasl: still waiting for feedback from Martin Hepp on property copying.
15:30:25 <niklasl> manu: also a response from Tab
15:30:47 <niklasl> manu: re. formal objection
15:32:20 <niklasl> ivan: we need to make sure this is handled correctly
15:32:27 <manu> PROPOSAL: Publish the HTML+RDFa 1.1 specification as a Last Call Working Draft. Change the short-name to 'html-rdfa'. Publish the specification on February 7th, 2013 with a LC period of 3 weeks from the time of publication.
15:32:32 <gkellogg> +1
15:32:32 <manu> +1
15:32:34 <niklasl> niklasl: +1
15:32:42 <scor> +1
15:32:51 <ivan> +1
15:32:57 <ShaneM> +1
15:33:02 <manu> RESOLVED: Publish the HTML+RDFa 1.1 specification as a Last Call Working Draft. Change the short-name to 'html-rdfa'. Publish the specification on February 7th, 2013 with a LC period of 3 weeks from the time of publication.
15:33:34 <manu> Topic: Patent Policy Issue
15:34:17 <niklasl> manu: the notice for when patent policy response period started wasn't sent out in time (due to bug in automatic send out)
15:34:50 <niklasl> manu: every member must response before the time period ends
15:35:29 <niklasl> manu: at LC, a poll will be sent out, and *everyone* in the group have to say that they have nothing to exclude etc. in time
15:36:06 <scor> q+ to ask when the "at risk" label will be removed from the property copying feature in the spec
15:36:11 <manu> ack ivan
15:37:02 <niklasl> ivan: we have more people on the list
15:37:07 <niklasl> manu: but not in good standing
15:37:18 <niklasl> ivan: have to ask Ian whether good standing is relevant here
15:38:00 <manu> Topic: At Risk Features
15:38:17 <niklasl> q+ to quickly ask about the RDFa put into the spec markup (by ReSpec?)
15:38:38 <manu> ack scor
15:38:38 <Zakim> scor, you wanted to ask when the "at risk" label will be removed from the property copying feature in the spec
15:38:40 <manu> ack niklasl
15:38:40 <Zakim> niklasl, you wanted to quickly ask about the RDFa put into the spec markup (by ReSpec?)
15:38:43 <gkellogg> q+
15:40:01 <niklasl> ... would be great to have chapter labels as well.
15:40:08 <Zakim> -scor
15:40:14 <manu> ack gkellogg
15:40:40 <niklasl> gregg: the test suite is in a pretty good state. the property copying remains.
15:40:50 <ivan> q+
15:41:34 <niklasl> gregg: now to generate test results report from the implementations.
15:42:09 <manu> ack ivan
15:42:13 <niklasl> ivan: formally for PR we only need to generate HTML5+XHTML5
15:43:07 <manu> q+ to make a point about property copying
15:43:31 <manu> ack manu
15:43:31 <Zakim> manu, you wanted to make a point about property copying
15:44:02 <niklasl> ivan: do we want to extend the test suite to see that property copying does not happen on the rest of the host languages
15:44:26 <niklasl> manu: implementations can do a willful violation, and then the specs need to be updated in the future
15:44:37 <niklasl> q+
15:44:48 <niklasl> q-
15:45:03 <niklasl> ivan: we both generate and remove triples
15:45:31 <niklasl> ivan: granted, only using RDFa vocab terms, but still
15:45:48 <niklasl> ivan: the test suite should only test it for HTML5+XHTML5, and be silent on the rest
15:49:37 <manu> Topic: Role Attribute Module
15:49:54 <niklasl> shane: for member companies, it would be great to have votes for the role attribute spec to PR
15:50:02 <manu> ShaneM: Role attribute module PR vote is open, go vote!
15:50:44 <niklasl> ivan: we'll email about the list of changes for the other documents
15:50:50 <Zakim> -manu
15:50:52 <Zakim> -gkellogg
15:50:53 <Zakim> -Shane_McCarron
15:53:44 <Zakim> -Ivan
15:53:48 <Zakim> -niklasl
15:53:50 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has ended
15:53:50 <Zakim> Attendees were niklasl, manu, Ivan, gkellogg, scor, Shane_McCarron
16:00:22 <niklasl> niklasl has left #rdfa
16:01:29 <manu> rrsagent, make logs public
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000127