Chatlog 2012-08-09

From RDFa Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

13:59:59 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
13:59:59 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/08/09-rdfa-irc
14:00:01 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:00:01 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #rdfa
14:00:03 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 7332
14:00:03 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFa()10:00AM scheduled to start now
14:00:04 <trackbot> Meeting: RDF Web Applications Working Group Teleconference
14:00:04 <trackbot> Date: 09 August 2012
14:00:09 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has now started
14:00:17 <Zakim> + +1.540.961.aaaa
14:00:24 <manu1> zakim, I am ?aaaa
14:00:27 <Zakim> sorry, manu1, I do not see a party named '?aaaa'
14:00:31 <manu1> zakim, I am aaaa
14:00:33 <Zakim> +manu1; got it
14:00:51 <Zakim> +??P8
14:01:14 <niklasl> zakim, I am ??P8
14:01:14 <Zakim> +niklasl; got it
14:02:48 <Zakim> +scor
14:03:16 <Zakim> +??P14
14:03:23 <gkellogg> zakim, I am ??P14
14:03:23 <Zakim> +gkellogg; got it
14:04:10 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
14:04:10 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
14:04:12 <Zakim> +Ivan
14:04:23 <Zakim> + +1.612.217.aabb
14:04:31 <ShaneM> zakim, I am aabb
14:04:31 <Zakim> +ShaneM; got it
14:05:06 <scor> scor has joined #rdfa
14:05:08 <manu1> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2012Aug/0000.html
14:05:34 <ShaneM> ScribeNick: ShaneM
14:06:44 <manu1> Topic: New RDFa WG charter discussion
14:07:13 <manu1> http://www.w3.org/2012/06/rdfwa-wg-charter.html
14:07:56 <ShaneM> Manu: Going over the new charter - Only meet every two weeks (or less).  Most things are already complete.
14:08:23 <ShaneM> Manu: Purpose is to get HTML5 + RDFa to Rec.  Can also issue edited recommendations to address errata.
14:09:33 <ShaneM> Manu: There are lots of implementations already, so CR should be relatively quick.
14:09:57 <ShaneM> Manu: Dependencies on I18N, PFWG, and HTML Working Group
14:10:23 <ShaneM> Manu: (this means that when we come to last call we need to notify these groups that a review is needed)
14:10:50 <ShaneM> Manu: Membership remains the same.
14:10:56 <niklasl> q+
14:11:47 <ShaneM> Shane: Do invited experts need to re-join the group?
14:11:50 <manu1> ack niklasl
14:12:12 <ShaneM> Ivan: I don't think so but if so it will happen administratively.
14:12:29 <ShaneM> niklasl: What about the API documents?  We handed them off to a community group right?
14:12:44 <ShaneM> manu: We did, but they may not have actively picked them up yet.
14:12:55 <ShaneM> niklasl: I joined the group.  should I coordinate here?
14:13:18 <ShaneM> ivan: Not really necessary.  If people are interested they should join the community group.
14:13:35 <ShaneM> manu: Nathan Rixham is the one leading the charge on this.
14:16:30 <manu1> Topic: Planning HTML5+RDFa FPWD (in RDFa WG)
14:17:50 <ShaneM> manu: Odd procedural requirement - we need to publish a FPWD even though within the W3C the spec was already at Last Call.
14:18:10 <ShaneM> ivan: nothing we can do about it.  We need to do a new patent disclosure request.
14:19:39 <ShaneM> ivan: We can publish a FPWD as soon as the charter is approved.  This starts the clock ticking on the patent disclosures.  There is a six month waiting period.
14:20:50 <ShaneM> gkellogg: Current document is in html working group space.  We should move it over.
14:21:01 <ShaneM> manu: it is in respec format so the move is trivial.
14:21:56 <ShaneM> Are the datetime format changes in the spec yet?
14:22:20 <ShaneM> manu: no, but we should not change the spec before doing the FPWD.  Just turn the crank and we can update.
14:23:06 <manu1> PROPOSAL: Publish the HTML5+RDFa document as a FPWD on the first day that the re-chartered RDFa WG becomes active.
14:23:08 <gkellogg> +1
14:23:09 <manu1> +1
14:23:09 <ShaneM> ShaneM: +1
14:23:10 <niklasl> +1
14:23:10 <ivan> +1
14:23:18 <scor> +1
14:23:32 <manu1> RESOLVED: Publish the HTML5+RDFa document as a FPWD on the first day that the re-chartered RDFa WG becomes active.
14:24:06 <Zakim> -ShaneM
14:24:57 <Zakim> +ShaneM
14:25:16 <manu1> Manu: We can't go to CR until 6 months after FPWD, right?
14:25:22 <manu1> Ivan: I think maybe that's true, we'll check.
14:25:36 <ShaneM> Process should be FPWD then at least one more working draft, then last call around end of January 2013.
14:25:56 <ShaneM> ivan: three weeks for last call, CR toward the end of February.
14:26:09 <ShaneM> ivan: Possible to try to jump over CR since the implementations are all in place already.
14:27:38 <ShaneM> ivan: We have a strong story for this - we already have 3 interoperable implementations, people are already using it out in the field.
14:27:49 <manu1> Topic: Overview of remaining issues
14:27:58 <manu1> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/issues/open
14:29:32 <ShaneM> manu: There are some issues in the HTML WG tracker.  Should we migrate them over?
14:29:45 <ShaneM> ivan: I don't know what the process is in that group - ask Mike Smith.
14:29:52 <manu1> ACTION: Manu to contact Mike Smith(tm) and figure out how to migrate issues in HTML WG issue tracker to RDFa WG issue tracker.
14:29:52 <trackbot> Created ACTION-114 - Contact Mike Smith(tm) and figure out how to migrate issues in HTML WG issue tracker to RDFa WG issue tracker. [on Manu Sporny - due 2012-08-16].
14:33:20 <ShaneM> gkellogg: We should identify people to summarize the status of each open issue - each of them are already resolved.
14:33:29 <ShaneM> gkellogg: there are tests for most of these already.
14:34:12 <manu1> ACTION: Manu to write up summary of current state of ISSUE-126 and ISSUE-139.
14:34:12 <trackbot> Created ACTION-115 - Write up summary of current state of ISSUE-126 and ISSUE-139. [on Manu Sporny - due 2012-08-16].
14:34:33 <manu1> ACTION: Gregg to write up summary of current state of ISSUE-140 and ISSUE-141.
14:34:33 <trackbot> Created ACTION-116 - Write up summary of current state of ISSUE-140 and ISSUE-141. [on Gregg Kellogg - due 2012-08-16].
14:35:41 <scor> ACTION: scorlosq to write up summary of current state of ISSUE-135 (with Niklas supporting)
14:35:41 <trackbot> Created ACTION-117 - Write up summary of current state of ISSUE-135 (with Niklas supporting) [on Stéphane Corlosquet - due 2012-08-16].
14:35:55 <manu1> ACTION: Shane to write up summary of current state of ISSUE-137.
14:35:55 <trackbot> Created ACTION-118 - Write up summary of current state of ISSUE-137. [on Shane McCarron - due 2012-08-16].
14:37:09 <manu1> Topic: Getting other members into the group
14:38:06 <ShaneM> manu: we should get additional people to join - especially companies that are using HTML5 and RDFa actively already
14:44:26 <manu1> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/fees/fees
14:48:45 <Zakim> -ShaneM
14:50:38 <Zakim> -gkellogg
14:50:39 <Zakim> -manu1
14:50:41 <Zakim> -Ivan
14:50:42 <Zakim> -niklasl
14:50:44 <Zakim> -scor
14:50:44 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has ended
14:50:44 <Zakim> Attendees were +1.540.961.aaaa, manu1, niklasl, scor, gkellogg, Ivan, +1.612.217.aabb, ShaneM
14:50:44 <manu1> Next telecon is September 6th, 2012.
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000105