Chatlog 2012-06-21

From RDFa Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

13:58:12 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
13:58:12 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-rdfa-irc
13:58:14 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:58:14 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #rdfa
13:58:16 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 7332
13:58:16 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFa()10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
13:58:17 <trackbot> Meeting: RDF Web Applications Working Group Teleconference
13:58:17 <trackbot> Date: 21 June 2012
14:00:10 <scor> scor has joined #rdfa
14:00:49 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has now started
14:00:57 <Zakim> +[OpenLink]
14:01:17 <Zakim> +??P10
14:01:19 <Zakim> +??P11
14:01:20 <niklasl> zakim, I am ??P10
14:01:20 <Zakim> +niklasl; got it
14:01:23 <MacTed> Zakim, [OpenLink] is temporarily me
14:01:23 <Zakim> +MacTed; got it
14:01:24 <manu1> zakim, I am ??P11
14:01:27 <Zakim> +manu1; got it
14:01:29 <MacTed> Zakim, mute me
14:01:29 <Zakim> +??P12
14:01:31 <Zakim> MacTed should now be muted
14:01:33 <Zakim> +scor
14:01:33 <gkellogg> zakim, I am ??P12
14:01:35 <Zakim> +gkellogg; got it
14:02:16 <scor> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:02:20 <Zakim> On the phone I see MacTed (muted), niklasl, manu1, gkellogg, scor
14:02:29 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
14:02:29 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
14:02:31 <Zakim> +Ivan
14:02:31 <ShaneM> ShaneM has joined #rdfa
14:02:45 <Zakim> +??P18
14:02:51 <manu1> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2012Jun/0017.html
14:02:54 <ShaneM> zakim, ??P18 is ShaneM
14:02:54 <Zakim> +ShaneM; got it
14:03:02 <ivan> zakim, drop me
14:03:02 <Zakim> Ivan is being disconnected
14:03:03 <Zakim> -Ivan
14:03:14 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
14:03:14 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
14:03:15 <Zakim> +Ivan
14:03:40 <ivan> zakim, drop me
14:03:40 <Zakim> Ivan is being disconnected
14:03:42 <Zakim> -Ivan
14:04:02 <manu1> Topic: Twitter Cards
14:04:10 <MacTed> scribenick: MacTed
14:04:41 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
14:04:41 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
14:04:43 <Zakim> +Ivan
14:05:01 <MacTed> gkellogg: Twitter is using an RDFa-like syntax, with a Twitter namespace without an IRI mapping
14:05:18 <gkellogg> https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards
14:05:26 <MacTed> ... if there were a default mapping to a Twitter IRI, it could be easily parsed/mapped across the board
14:06:21 <MacTed> manu: it's apparently kind of like Facebook's OGP, and mostly interoperable, but not quite. The really weird thing is that they read OGP markup anyway... no idea why they decided to break compatibility with RDFa...
14:07:48 <MacTed> ivan: There is more than a namespace issue here, they're using @name and @value.
14:07:58 <MacTed> gkellogg: We could add some new processing rules to RDFa to support it...
14:08:26 <MacTed> Zakim, unmute me
14:08:28 <Zakim> MacTed should no longer be muted
14:09:20 <manu1> MacTed: Just because somebody else has come up with something closely related, we should not try to map the new random syntax into RDFa. They're sort-of re-inventing the wheel here.
14:09:35 <manu1> Niklas: I agree as well - maybe they have a reason... or they are just ignorant of standards.
14:10:09 <MacTed> manu: I will reach out to my contacts and see what might be doable...
14:11:49 <manu1> MacTed: We're not there yet, though - let's reach out first and see what they have to say about interoperability.
14:12:37 <danbri> danbri has joined #rdfa
14:13:10 <Zakim> -niklasl
14:14:08 <manu1> MacTed: Yes, we need to see why they made this strange decision first - let's see why they went against what all the other companies doing this stuff are doing (Google, Facebook, Yahoo!, Microsoft, etc.).
14:14:45 <manu1> MacTed: They did finally move away from hash-bangs - maybe they will learn here as well...
14:15:08 <manu1> MacTed: The thing that they're just rolling out probably wasn't built in a week, so they may have had no idea that RDFa existed...
14:15:59 <manu1> Topic: RDFa 1.1 launch post-mortem, wrap-up
14:16:06 <Zakim> +??P33
14:16:08 <niklasl> zakim, I am ??P33
14:16:08 <Zakim> +niklasl; got it
14:16:34 <ivan> zakim, mute me
14:16:34 <Zakim> Ivan should now be muted
14:16:41 <Zakim> -niklasl
14:16:56 <MacTed> manu1: Great job everybody - we made it! RDFa 1.1 is where it is because of all of you that put in all of the long hours and hard work to make this happen. I can't underscore how wonderful of an experience it was working with each of you.
14:17:09 <MacTed> applause for all involved...
14:17:09 <MacTed> ... we know about some really minor errata that must be addressed, we'll do that in August via Ivan.
14:17:22 <MacTed> ... errata must be handled carefully so they don't give an impression of instability
14:17:23 <MacTed> ... perhaps hold until end of summer or thereabouts
14:17:24 <gkellogg> zakim, who's on the call?
14:17:24 <Zakim> On the phone I see MacTed, manu1, gkellogg, scor, Ivan (muted), ShaneM
14:17:15 <ivan> q+
14:17:26 <MacTed> ... and some more press on RDFa 1.1 is needed
14:18:15 <ivan> ack iva
14:18:24 <MacTed> ... maybe start an RDFa Community Group with monthly telecons to touch base and keep tutorials and such fresh. The mistake we made with RDFa 1.0 was just not keeping the ball rolling... let's not make the same mistake this time. We'll start an RDFa Community Group.
14:18:58 <Zakim> +??P33
14:18:59 <niklasl> zakim, I am ??P33
14:18:59 <Zakim> +niklasl; got it
14:19:03 <MacTed> ivan: Community Group sounds like the best path forward.
14:19:17 <ShaneM> q+ to mention an issue
14:19:50 <Zakim> -niklasl
14:21:06 <Zakim> +??P34
14:21:08 <niklasl> zakim, I am ??P34
14:21:08 <Zakim> +niklasl; got it
14:23:34 <manu1> ack ShaneM
14:23:34 <Zakim> ShaneM, you wanted to mention an issue
14:29:13 <manu1> Topic: RDF API and RDFa API publication timeline
14:29:30 <manu1> RDF Interfaces:
14:29:31 <manu1> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdf-interfaces/Overview-src.html
14:29:33 <manu1> RDF API:
14:29:34 <manu1> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdf-api/Overview-src.html
14:29:36 <manu1> RDFa API:
14:29:38 <manu1> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdfa-api/Overview-src.html
14:29:45 <MacTed> manu: I've updated the remaining documents to make W3C Notes (some responses are still pending)
14:29:54 <ivan> q+
14:30:49 <MacTed> ivan: some interconnection references need minor correction updates...
14:31:16 <ivan> Work on this document represents unfinished work of the RDF Web Application Working Group. The work could not be finished due to a lack of manpower, and, at the time of publishing this document, it is not known whether W3C will continue this work on Recommendation track in another Working Group. While a significant amount of design work went into this document, at present there are no known implementations of the specification. A number of design issues have not been completely resolved. Developers wishing to implement this API should be aware of incomplete nature of the specification. 
14:31:24 <ShaneM> Here is what we said for CURIEs: This document is a Working Group Note. The XHTML2 Working Group's charter expired before it could complete work on this document. It is possible that the work will be continued by another group in the future.
14:32:07 <gkellogg> Alex volunteered to help improve the API docs, we should take him up on that offer.
14:32:43 <MacTed> Zakim, mute me
14:32:43 <Zakim> MacTed should now be muted
14:33:02 <MacTed> Group decides the best path forward is to publish as notes and then attempt to move the documents into the RDFa Community Group.
14:34:46 <niklasl> q+
14:34:57 <ivan> ack ivan
14:35:44 <MacTed> Zakim, unmute me
14:35:44 <Zakim> MacTed should no longer be muted
14:38:53 <manu1> PROPOSAL: Publish RDF Interfaces, RDF API, and RDFa API with Ivan's changes as W3C Notes on June 28th or July 5th (as a backup date).
14:38:55 <gkellogg> +1
14:38:56 <manu1> +1
14:38:56 <ivan> +1
14:38:58 <niklasl> +1
14:39:01 <MacTed> MacTed: +1
14:39:04 <ShaneM> +1
14:39:15 <scor> +1
14:39:19 <manu1> RESOLVED: Publish RDF Interfaces, RDF API, and RDFa API with Ivan's changes as W3C Notes on June 28th or July 5th (as a backup date).
14:40:06 <niklasl> q+
14:40:21 <manu1> ack niklasl
14:40:52 <ivan> q+
14:41:11 <ShaneM> q+
14:41:31 <manu1> ack ivan
14:43:02 <manu1> ack ShaneM
14:46:24 <manu1> Topic: HTML5+RDFa spec changes and publication strategy
14:50:33 <manu1> manu: I haven't had time to integrate the latest changes into the HTML5+RDFa spec, but I will integrate those changes after all these other documents have been published.
14:53:33 <manu1> manu: There is a question on which group will continue publishing the HTML5+RDFa spec and when it will become REC. Officially, it will become a REC in 2014, but we might try to make it a REC before that time frame. All of us can continue to work on it in the HTML5 WG in any case. We may try to re-charter this group to take it to REC as well. This discussion will continue in W3C as they try to figure out the best path forward for HTML5 and RDFa.
14:56:42 <Zakim> -ShaneM
15:02:54 <Zakim> -gkellogg
15:07:29 <ivan> ivan has left #rdfa
15:07:29 <Zakim> -manu1
15:07:32 <Zakim> -niklasl
15:07:33 <MacTed> RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:07:33 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-rdfa-minutes.html MacTed
15:07:33 <Zakim> -Ivan
15:07:37 <MacTed> RRSAgent, make logs public
15:07:38 <Zakim> -scor
15:07:41 <MacTed> trackbot, end meeting
15:07:41 <trackbot> Zakim, list attendees
15:07:41 <Zakim> As of this point the attendees have been niklasl, MacTed, manu1, scor, gkellogg, Ivan, ShaneM
15:07:49 <trackbot> RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:07:49 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-rdfa-minutes.html trackbot
15:07:50 <trackbot> RRSAgent, bye
15:07:50 <RRSAgent> I see no action items
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000151