Chatlog 2012-05-31

From RDFa Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

13:53:04 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
13:53:04 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-rdfa-irc
13:53:06 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:53:06 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #rdfa
13:53:08 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 7332
13:53:08 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFa()10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
13:53:09 <trackbot> Meeting: RDF Web Applications Working Group Teleconference
13:53:09 <trackbot> Date: 31 May 2012
13:54:35 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has now started
13:54:42 <Zakim> +scor
13:54:55 <scor> scor has joined #rdfa
13:55:10 <Steven_> Steven_ has joined #rdfa
13:56:04 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
13:56:04 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
13:56:05 <Zakim> +Ivan
13:58:19 <Zakim> +??P10
13:58:24 <gkellogg> zakim, I am ??P10
13:58:24 <Zakim> +gkellogg; got it
13:59:27 <Zakim> +??P18
13:59:31 <manu1> zakim, I am ??P18
13:59:31 <Zakim> +manu1; got it
13:59:33 <niklasl> niklasl has joined #rdfa
14:00:27 <Zakim> +OpenLink_Software
14:00:39 <MacTed> Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
14:00:40 <Zakim> +MacTed; got it
14:00:41 <MacTed> Zakim, mute me
14:00:41 <Zakim> MacTed should now be muted
14:00:52 <manu1> zakim, who is on the call?
14:00:52 <Zakim> On the phone I see scor, Ivan, gkellogg, manu1, MacTed (muted)
14:01:01 <Zakim> +??P30
14:01:04 <niklasl> zakim, I am ??P30
14:01:08 <Zakim> +niklasl; got it
14:01:29 <ShaneM> ShaneM has joined #rdfa
14:02:52 <Zakim> +??P37
14:03:10 <Steven_> zakim, I am ??p37
14:03:10 <Zakim> +Steven_; got it
14:03:44 <manu1> zakim, who is on the call?
14:03:44 <Zakim> On the phone I see scor, Ivan, gkellogg, manu1, MacTed (muted), niklasl, Steven_
14:04:13 <Zakim> +??P40
14:04:21 <ShaneM> zakim, I am ??P40
14:04:21 <Zakim> +ShaneM; got it
14:04:40 <manu1> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2012May/0139.html
14:05:25 <MacTed> Zakim, unmute me
14:05:25 <Zakim> MacTed should no longer be muted
14:05:36 <Steven_> Scribe: Steven
14:05:37 <MacTed> Zakim, mute me
14:05:37 <Zakim> MacTed should now be muted
14:05:43 <manu1> Topic: Last Minute Issues and Concerns
14:06:01 <Steven_> Manu: Are there any last minute issues or concerns about the RDFa 1.1 REC?
14:07:14 <Steven_> No last minute concerns or issues.
14:09:04 <manu1> Topic: RDFa 1.1 REC Documents and Publication
14:09:06 <Steven_> Ivan: Hopefully nothing bad will happen between now and next Tuesday
14:09:59 <Steven_> Manu: Status sections, and timing of primer
14:10:34 <Steven_> ... we want to publish the primer as a note, but I want it to have a bit more review
14:11:44 <MacTed> Zakim, unmute me
14:11:44 <Zakim> MacTed should no longer be muted
14:12:04 <MacTed> Zakim, mute me
14:12:04 <Zakim> MacTed should now be muted
14:14:21 <Steven_> Manu: Can we update a primer after it's published as a Note?
14:14:24 <Steven_> Steven: Yes
14:15:00 <Steven_> Manu: So planning to publish next Thursday
14:15:19 <Steven_> ... status sections need to be included
14:15:48 <Steven_> Steven: Status sections are Ivan's responsibility
14:15:54 <Steven_> Ivan: Yes, boilerplate is fine
14:16:04 <Steven_> ... I'll check it tomorrow
14:16:09 <ShaneM> it is here: http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdfa-core/Overview-src.html - already done.
14:16:53 <Steven_> Ivan: We have to send an official pub request
14:17:51 <Steven_> ... I have it prepared
14:19:14 <Steven_> ... but I am at Semtech on the day it needs to be sent, so I'd prefer someone else to do it
14:19:58 <Steven_> ... and I would like Manu and Shane to be around to answer questions from the webmaster
14:20:36 <Steven_> Manu: Will do, Shane and I will be on call for the publication. No call next week.
14:20:58 <Steven_> ... but two or more meetings before the group ends in July.
14:25:22 <ivan> q+
14:29:00 <Steven_> [Discussion on which email list to use; decided on public-rdfa@w3.org]
14:29:15 <Steven_> Shane: No link to errata in lite. OK to add?
14:29:18 <Steven_> Manu: Yes, please do.
14:29:22 <manu1> Topic: RDFa 1.1 Press and Blog Posts
14:30:02 <Steven_> Manu: Press we have lined up is the announcement at Semtech
14:30:18 <Steven_> ... and another article
14:30:28 <Steven_> ... anyone else planning press/posts?
14:31:06 <Steven_> Ivan: There's a panel at Semtech, where it will be mentioned
14:31:34 <Steven_> Manu: Will that be scribed?
14:31:41 <Steven_> Ivan: Dunno
14:32:00 <Steven_> Ivan: And there is the question of a W3C press-release
14:32:43 <Steven_> ... we're reaching out to companies to see if it is possible.
14:35:01 <Steven_> ... it might happen if we get enough company support.
14:35:36 <Steven_> Manu: We can plan something for in a week or so, I'm working on contacts
14:36:06 <Steven_> Manu: and keep announcements coming
14:37:04 <Steven_> Steven: Is the old content on rdfa.info around? The blog and wiki?
14:37:12 <Steven_> Manu: We have an archive, but it's not up
14:37:20 <Steven_> Steven: So old URLs are currently broken
14:37:34 <Steven_> Manu: Yeah, for now
14:39:08 <Steven_> Steven: Are we publishing on rdfa.info?
14:39:23 <Steven_> Manu: No, on your own blog, or on news sites.
14:39:59 <Steven_> Shane: Note that the specs use xhtml+rdfa, and it's worth pointing it out
14:40:09 <Steven_> Ivan: And the primer
14:42:19 <Steven_> gkellogg: RDF and SPARQL WGs should use it as well
14:42:24 <Steven_> Shane: Good idea!
14:43:06 <manu1> Topic: RDF API and RDFa API publication
14:43:18 <Steven_> Manu: Publishing as notes
14:43:23 <Steven_> ... just requires time
14:45:53 <Steven_> Ivan: It is a valuable document, and actually already usable
14:46:37 <manu1> Topic: @role attribute
14:46:50 <niklasl> q+
14:46:54 <Steven_> Shane: PFWG owns this, need to decide how @vocab and default prefix apply to them.
14:46:55 <niklasl> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2012Feb/0069.html
14:46:57 <manu1> ack ivan
14:47:00 <Steven_> ... what should we do?
14:47:24 <Steven_> Niklas: vocab shouldn't apply to role
14:47:32 <manu1> ack niklasl
14:47:44 <ShaneM> q+ to talk about role and vocab
14:48:32 <Steven_> Ivan: The role people have a bunch of values they want to use
14:48:53 <Steven_> ... role should behave as if the vocab is set to xhv
14:48:58 <Steven_> Niklas: Agree
14:49:23 <manu1> ack shanem
14:49:23 <Zakim> ShaneM, you wanted to talk about role and vocab
14:49:56 <Steven_> Shane: the intention was that role would have a collection of reserved words in the xhv space
14:50:09 <Steven_> ... ARIA relies heavily on @role
14:50:13 <Steven_> ... they already use it
14:50:27 <Steven_> ... they want to be able to extend the collection
14:50:41 <Steven_> ... and cite predefined roles without anything special
14:51:00 <Steven_> ... It's fine if vocab doesn't apply, as long as prefix applies
14:51:10 <Steven_> ... and full URIs work
14:51:57 <Steven_> Ivan: This means that RDFa implementations won't look at @role
14:52:00 <niklasl> q+
14:52:28 <Steven_> Shane: I'm ok with that
14:53:29 <ivan> q+
14:53:36 <ivan> ack niklasl 
14:54:02 <Steven_> Niklas: In atom @rel is always set to IANA relations
14:54:18 <Steven_> Manu: That is a parallel issue
14:54:38 <Steven_> ... are you suggesting we use that as a model for how to deal with @role?
14:55:37 <Steven_> Niklas: We need to think about the future and increasing possibilities
14:55:52 <Steven_> Ivan: That is for RDFa2
14:57:05 <manu1> ack ivan
14:57:22 <Steven_> Ivan: With 4 minutes to go, should we try to do RDFa+Atom as a note?
14:57:30 <Steven_> Manu: We need to review it
14:57:46 <Steven_> Ivan: I have implemented it, it is doable
14:59:17 <Steven_> Manu: Should we publish it as a note?
14:59:58 <Steven_> Gregg: Future discussion
15:00:37 <Steven_> Manu: We should pull in Sam Ruby and Toby Inkster
15:00:41 <ShaneM> w.r.t role - I am changing the spec to read:  <li>Each value of <aref>role</aref> is an <em>object</em>, forming an
15:00:41 <ShaneM>     RDF triple with the subject and predicate defined above. An RDFa Processor MUST behave as if there is an in-scope vocabulary of <code>http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab/</code> for the value(s) of the <aref>role</aref> attribute.</li>
15:00:55 <Steven_> No call next week.
15:01:17 <Steven_> Manu: Thanks all!
15:01:32 <Steven_> [ADJOURN]
15:01:34 <Zakim> -gkellogg
15:01:37 <Zakim> -manu1
15:01:41 <Zakim> -Steven_
15:01:44 <MacTed> trackbot, end call
15:01:44 <trackbot> Sorry, MacTed, I don't understand 'trackbot, end call'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
15:01:48 <MacTed> trackbot, end conference
15:01:48 <trackbot> Zakim, list attendees
15:01:54 <Zakim> -scor
15:01:55 <ivan> ivan has changed the topic to: no telco planned for the 7th of June
15:01:55 <Zakim> -niklasl
15:01:56 <trackbot> RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:01:56 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-rdfa-minutes.html trackbot
15:01:57 <trackbot> RRSAgent, bye
15:01:57 <RRSAgent> I see no action items
15:01:59 <Zakim> As of this point the attendees have been scor, Ivan, gkellogg, manu1, MacTed, niklasl, Steven_, ShaneM
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000166