Chatlog 2011-06-16

From RDFa Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

13:03:10 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
13:03:10 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-rdfa-irc
13:03:12 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:03:12 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #rdfa
13:03:14 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 7332
13:03:15 <trackbot> Meeting: RDF Web Applications Working Group Teleconference
13:03:15 <trackbot> Date: 16 June 2011
13:03:18 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFa()10:00AM scheduled to start in 57 minutes
13:46:46 <steven> steven has joined #rdfa
13:54:59 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has now started
13:55:07 <Zakim> + +49.681.857.75.aaaa
13:55:25 <SebastianGermesin> Zakim, I am +49.681.857.75.aaaa
13:55:25 <Zakim> +SebastianGermesin; got it
13:55:51 <ShaneM> ShaneM has joined #rdfa
13:59:58 <Zakim> +??P10
14:00:07 <ShaneM> zakim, ??P10 is ShaneM
14:00:07 <Zakim> +ShaneM; got it
14:01:16 <Zakim> +??P13
14:01:19 <manu> zakim, I am ??P13
14:01:19 <Zakim> +manu; got it
14:01:23 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
14:01:23 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
14:01:24 <Zakim> +Ivan
14:02:54 <manu> zakim, who is on the call?
14:02:54 <Zakim> On the phone I see SebastianGermesin, ShaneM, manu, Ivan
14:03:17 <steven> zakim, dial steven-617
14:03:17 <Zakim> ok, steven; the call is being made
14:03:19 <Zakim> +Steven
14:03:59 <manu> zakim, who is on the call?
14:04:00 <Zakim> On the phone I see SebastianGermesin, ShaneM, manu, Ivan, Steven
14:04:06 <Knud> Knud has joined #rdfa
14:05:33 <Zakim> + +3539149aabb
14:05:44 <manu> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2011Jun/0030.html
14:05:46 <Knud> zakim, mute me
14:05:47 <manu> Chair: Manu
14:05:49 <manu> Scribe: Knud
14:06:02 <Zakim> sorry, Knud, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
14:06:13 <Knud> zakim, I am +aabb
14:06:13 <Zakim> sorry, Knud, I do not see a party named '+aabb'
14:06:19 <manu> Present: Manu, Shane, Steven, Ivan, Knud, Sebastian, Ted
14:06:32 <ivan> zakim, 3539149aabb is Knud
14:06:32 <Zakim> sorry, ivan, I do not recognize a party named '3539149aabb'
14:06:36 <manu> zakim, aabb is Knud
14:06:36 <Zakim> +Knud; got it
14:06:40 <Knud> zakim, mute me
14:06:40 <Zakim> Knud should now be muted
14:08:31 <Knud> manu: Received quite a bit of feedback due to schema.org - people would like to help out, but don't know what to help with / work on. We should chat about that a bit today. But first, some administrative issues...
14:09:12 <Knud> everyone is happy with agenda
14:09:20 <manu> Topic: 'dc' prefix in RDFa Default Profile
14:09:53 <Knud> ivan: proposal for 11 default prefixes, based on search results 
14:10:28 <Knud> … : feedback is "dc" should be used instead of "dcterms"
14:10:57 <Knud> … we should used this prefix ourselves, to be consistent
14:11:11 <Knud> … needs to be changed in our documents
14:11:31 <manu> PROPOSAL: Use the 'dc' prefix and map it to 'http://purl.org/dc/terms/' in the RDFa Default Profile as well as all documents published by this WG.
14:11:40 <ivan> +1
14:11:40 <Knud> Is there a prefix for dcelements?
14:11:45 <manu> +1
14:11:45 <ShaneM> +1
14:11:48 <SebastianGermesin> +1
14:12:00 <Knud> Knud: +1
14:12:11 <Knud> ivan: no, not in the 11 top prefixes
14:12:14 <Knud> ok
14:12:51 <steven> +1
14:12:53 <manu> RESOLVED: Use the 'dc' prefix and map it to 'http://purl.org/dc/terms/' in the RDFa Default Profile as well as all documents published by this WG.
14:13:29 <manu> Topic: Use of Internet schemes such as 'http' as prefixes
14:14:34 <Knud> ivan: thomas should be allowed to point this out as a problem in the name of this WG
14:14:54 <ivan> HTTP Vocabulary in RDF 1.0 document
14:15:08 <ivan> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-HTTP-in-RDF10-20110510/
14:15:34 <manu> PROPOSAL: Request that the EARL spec, the HTTP Vocabulary in RDF 1.0, and associated documents should not use 'http' as a prefix.
14:15:52 <ivan> -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2011Jun/0045.html draft comment to the WG of Earl
14:16:11 <manu> +1
14:16:15 <Knud> Knud: +1
14:16:16 <SebastianGermesin> +1
14:16:18 <ShaneM> +1
14:16:18 <ivan> +1
14:16:20 <steven> +1
14:16:29 <manu> RESOLVED: Request that the EARL spec, the HTTP Vocabulary in RDF 1.0, and associated documents should not use 'http' as a prefix.
14:17:03 <ivan>  Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group (ERT WG)
14:17:19 <manu> ACTION: Thomas to contact Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group (ERT WG) about 'http' prefix issue.
14:17:19 <trackbot> Created ACTION-83 - Contact Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group (ERT WG) about 'http' prefix issue. [on Thomas Steiner - due 2011-06-23].
14:17:23 <ivan> comments to be sent to public-earl10-comments@w3.org
14:17:30 <Zakim> +OpenLink_Software
14:17:37 <ivan> copied to Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
14:18:28 <Knud> ivan: replace my name with Thomas at end of email
14:18:32 <manu> Topic: Creating a List of Todo Items for the Community
14:19:03 <manu> http://schema.rdfs.org/
14:19:24 <Knud> manu: mapping of schema.org vocabs to rdfs
14:19:40 <manu> https://github.com/mhausenblas/schema-org-rdf/tree/master/examples
14:19:52 <Knud> … schema.rdfs.org people ask for examples for these schemas
14:20:10 <Knud> … places, people, events, ...
14:21:20 <Knud> … all on github in /examples folder
14:21:37 <ivan> http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/05/rdfa_11_with_a_rich_snippet_ex.html
14:21:40 <MacTed> MacTed has joined #rdfa
14:22:42 <Knud> ivan: example in this blog post very similar to schema.org vocabs
14:22:48 <manu> http://gavin.carothers.name/2011/06/04/schema-org-as-rdfa/
14:23:41 <Knud> … we should  use RDFa 1.1
14:23:54 <Knud> manu: especially because of xmlns, etc.
14:24:17 <MacTed> Zakim, who's here?
14:24:17 <Zakim> On the phone I see SebastianGermesin, ShaneM, manu, Ivan, Steven, Knud (muted), OpenLink_Software
14:24:20 <Zakim> On IRC I see MacTed, Knud, ShaneM, steven, Zakim, RRSAgent, ivan, SebastianGermesin, manu1, trackbot, manu, hughb
14:24:27 <MacTed> Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
14:24:27 <Zakim> +MacTed; got it
14:24:30 <MacTed> Zakim, mute me
14:24:30 <Zakim> MacTed should now be muted
14:25:35 <manu> Present+ Ted
14:27:42 <Knud> shane: for my own use, RDF1.0 would also be nice to have
14:28:09 <Knud> manu: there'd still be the anti xmlns push-back
14:29:09 <Knud> shane: would be cool if HTML5+RDFa 1.1 already was a standard
14:30:28 <Knud> ivan: however, we are coupled to HTML5 development, so we cannot speed up getting to REC there. 
14:32:27 <Knud> … and focussing on HTML4+RDFa1.1 probably wouldn't work either
14:33:31 <Knud> manu: still, it would be interesting to have this discussion (HTML4+RDFa 1.1) at the W3C
14:34:16 <Knud> ivan: it would not gain us much, just take a lot of energy and time
14:34:29 <manu> Subtopic: rdfa.info website revamp
14:35:14 <Knud> manu: I got feedback that it would be great to have a central location for everything RDFa (tools, links to specs, etc.)
14:35:28 <Knud> … our wordpress site is a bit out of date
14:36:44 <ivan> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/RDFa
14:37:35 <Knud> ivan: why not extend on this W3C-hosted wiki?
14:38:12 <manu> q+ to talk about marketing...
14:38:28 <Knud> … maybe not as pretty, but easy to edit for community
14:38:48 <Knud> manu: concerned about marketing message... I think we've done a bad job at making sure that the RDFa community can craft a great message to the Web community. Our web presence sucks.
14:38:53 <manu> http://json.org/
14:39:00 <Knud> … we need a very clean and slick introduction to RDFa
14:39:46 <Knud> … json.org not so slick, but very easy introduction, easy to remember URI
14:40:13 <Knud> … look & feel should attract developers and designers
14:42:31 <Knud> ivan: Just from a practical point of view, we risk things becoming out of date on an external site, just like rdfa.info
14:43:15 <Knud> manu: getting accounts is exactly the issue - we will have to make it easier to host rdfa.info and give access to people to hack on it
14:44:33 <Knud> … we should have a virtual private server, source code for the site should be open, needs to be easy to be redeployed to new physical machine, etc.
14:45:29 <Knud> … need shell accounts for community members, domain ownership transferred to W3C
14:45:53 <Knud> … rdfa.info currently owned by creative commons
14:46:49 <MacTed> Zakim, unmute me
14:46:49 <Zakim> MacTed should no longer be muted
14:47:34 <Knud> ivan: we should not replicate all the tools on rdfa.info
14:49:23 <Knud> … we need an authoritative list of tools, that would be enough, and better to maintain
14:50:26 <Knud> can the distiller run on rdfa.info virtually - just use the original one as a service?
14:50:51 <Knud> shane: (what I just said)
14:52:01 <Knud> ivan: currently not concerned about high load on distiller. When it becomes an issue, this will be a luxury problem, and we will solve it
14:52:19 <manu> JavaScript RDFa 1.1 processor
14:52:24 <manu> JavaScript RDFa 1.1 API implementation
14:52:32 <manu> JavaScript RDFa snippet generator (FOAF, schema.org, etc.)
14:52:56 <Knud> manu: these tools are missing
14:53:35 <Knud> … we need to tell interested JS developers that they can help us with these tools
14:54:12 <Knud> ivan: most important would be API implementations 
14:56:36 <Knud> … especially for showcasing the RDFa strenghts, such as integrating data from different sources 
14:56:44 <manu> Topic: Increasing participation in WG
14:56:56 <manu> Stephane Corlosquet, Niklas Lindstrom, Gregg Kellogg
14:57:39 <Knud> manu: these people are interested in joining
14:57:45 <Knud> Ivan: I think it would be good to bring these people on board.
15:01:31 <ShaneM> q+ to talk about the role spec quickly
15:01:45 <manu> Topic: Role attribute spec
15:01:48 <manu> ack manu
15:01:50 <manu> ack shanem
15:02:12 <Zakim> manu, you wanted to talk about marketing...
15:02:20 <Zakim> ShaneM, you wanted to talk about the role spec quickly
15:02:32 <Knud> shane: PF WG wants to change dependency back to RDFa1.0, because of delays in this WG
15:05:10 <Knud> … PF could say in their spec that datatype for @role might be extended in the future, with reference to work in this WG
15:07:15 <steven> Regrets for next week - at a conference
15:08:17 <Zakim> -ShaneM
15:08:22 <Zakim> -manu
15:08:23 <Zakim> -Ivan
15:08:25 <Zakim> -Steven
15:08:31 <Zakim> -SebastianGermesin
15:08:40 <Zakim> -MacTed
15:08:41 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has ended
15:08:45 <Zakim> Attendees were +49.681.857.75.aaaa, SebastianGermesin, ShaneM, manu, Ivan, Steven, +3539149aabb, Knud, MacTed
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000181