Chatlog 2011-05-26

From RDFa Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

13:36:30 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
13:36:30 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/05/26-rdfa-irc
13:36:32 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:36:32 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #rdfa
13:36:34 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 7332
13:36:34 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFa()10:00AM scheduled to start in 24 minutes
13:36:35 <trackbot> Meeting: RDF Web Applications Working Group Teleconference
13:36:35 <trackbot> Date: 26 May 2011
13:37:15 <ShaneM> ShaneM has joined #rdfa
13:37:17 <ShaneM> ShaneM has left #rdfa
13:50:52 <manu1> manu1 has joined #rdfa
13:58:21 <Benjamin> Benjamin has joined #rdfa
13:59:24 <Steven> Steven has joined #rdfa
13:59:41 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
13:59:41 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
13:59:43 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has now started
13:59:45 <Zakim> +Ivan
14:00:04 <Steven> Steven has changed the topic to: Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2011May/0076
14:00:22 <Steven> zakim, dial steven-617
14:00:22 <Zakim> ok, Steven; the call is being made
14:00:24 <Zakim> +Steven
14:00:30 <Zakim> +??P16
14:00:34 <Zakim> -??P16
14:00:37 <Steven> rrsagent, here?
14:00:37 <RRSAgent> See http://www.w3.org/2011/05/26-rdfa-irc#T14-00-37
14:00:41 <Zakim> + +49.631.205.75.aaaa
14:00:52 <Steven> rrsagent, make minutes
14:00:52 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/05/26-rdfa-minutes.html Steven
14:00:52 <Benjamin> zakim, i am aaaa
14:00:52 <Zakim> +Benjamin; got it
14:01:27 <Steven> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2011May/0076
14:01:28 <Zakim> + +44.123.456.aabb
14:01:30 <Zakim> +??P8
14:01:34 <Steven> Chair: Manu
14:00:04 <manu1> Present: Benjamin Adrian, Ivan Herman, Knud Möller, Manu Sporny, Sebastian Germesin, Shane McCarron, Steven
14:01:35 <manu1> zakim, I am ??P8
14:01:37 <Steven> Scribe: Steven
14:01:37 <Steven> scribenick: Steven
14:01:43 <Steven> rrsagent, make minutes
14:01:43 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/05/26-rdfa-minutes.html Steven
14:01:54 <Zakim> +manu1; got it
14:01:56 <SebastianGermesin> zakim, i am aabb
14:02:02 <Zakim> +SebastianGermesin; got it
14:02:36 <Steven> Topic: Introductions - Sebastian
14:02:47 <Steven> Sebastian: See my email on the list
14:03:06 <ShaneM> ShaneM has joined #rdfa
14:03:13 <Zakim> +ShaneM
14:03:28 <Steven> Ivan: Haven't seen it
14:03:54 <Steven> Ivan: Reminder for people to rejoin the group
14:04:30 <manu1> zakim, who is here?
14:04:30 <Zakim> On the phone I see Ivan, Steven, Benjamin, SebastianGermesin, manu1, ShaneM
14:04:32 <Zakim> On IRC I see ShaneM, Steven, Benjamin, manu1, Zakim, RRSAgent, danbri, SebastianGermesin, ivan, manu, trackbot
14:07:26 <Steven> Sebastian: I am researcher at German research centre for Artificial Intelligence in Saarbruechen, PhD thesis, EU funded, researching interaction patterns
14:07:59 <Steven> ... see my mail for more details when it arrives
14:08:28 <Steven> ... my research led me to RDFa, and am happy to join the group, hope I can add valuable input
14:08:47 <Steven> ... this is my first W3C WG, sorry for being a newby
14:09:14 <Steven> ... I work with Henry B[xx]
14:09:35 <Steven> Manu: What is the project IKS trying to do?
14:10:00 <Steven> Sebastian: About CMSs and the technology stack needed to support them
14:10:29 <Steven> ... Apache incubator group [yy] to define entities in text
14:10:30 <Knud> Knud has joined #rdfa
14:10:47 <Zakim> +Knud
14:10:59 <Steven> s/[yy]/Stanbol
14:11:04 <manu1> http://incubator.apache.org/stanbol/
14:11:14 <Knud> zakim, mute me
14:11:14 <Zakim> Knud should now be muted
14:11:37 <Steven> Manu: Other technologies?
14:11:40 <manu1> Henri Berguis
14:11:48 <Steven> Sebastian: JSON, RDFa, [one other]
14:12:22 <Steven> s/[xx]/erguis/
14:12:34 <Steven> q+
14:13:36 <Steven> Q-
14:14:27 <Zakim> -ShaneM
14:14:55 <danbri> danbri has joined #rdfa
14:15:03 <ivan> -> http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/manual Common scribe manual
14:15:37 <Zakim> +ShaneM
14:16:24 <manu1> Topic: RDFa news and updates on spec progress
14:16:56 <Steven> Manu: HTML5+RDFa and HTML4+RDFa entered last call
14:17:02 <Steven> ... this is good news
14:17:16 <Steven> ... all browser manufacturers voted against them
14:17:31 <Steven> ... everyone else was positive
14:17:50 <Steven> ... I don't understand the browser manufacturers votes.
14:17:57 <Steven> ... But Microsoft was positive!
14:18:31 <Steven> Ivan: Charles's comment (opera) was lukewarm, but not hostile
14:19:53 <manu1> http://intertwingly.net/stories/2011/05/23/lastcall.html#xq8
14:20:23 <manu1> The poll results w/ comments are here: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html5-last-call-poll/results
14:22:23 <Steven> [Manu reads some responses]
14:24:13 <Steven> q+
14:24:21 <Steven> Manu: State of validator?
14:24:35 <Steven> Ivan: Ongoing, not sure of final status
14:24:57 <Steven> ... up and running this week, haven't seen it yet
14:25:16 <Steven> ... we should ask again, maybe due to someone on holiday
14:25:20 <Steven> ... it will happen
14:25:50 <Steven> ... the HTML5 bit is not so sure.
14:26:10 <manu1> Steven: What is the status of HTML5+RDFa? Is HTML4+RDFa tied to it?
14:26:17 <Steven> Steven: Presumably the HTML5+RDFa document references HTML5 and so can only move ahead when it does
14:26:19 <Steven> Ivan: Yes
14:27:00 <Steven> Shane: HTML4+RDFa, who publishes it?
14:27:29 <Steven> Ivan: No separate document for that.
14:27:33 <Steven> Shane: Pity.
14:27:40 <Steven> Manu: Nothing we can do about it.
14:28:32 <Steven> [Sebastian's introduction email -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2011May/0082.html]
14:28:42 <Steven> rrsagent, make minutes
14:28:42 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/05/26-rdfa-minutes.html Steven
14:32:07 <Zakim> -ShaneM
14:32:08 <manu1> Topic: RDF Interfaces, RDF API and RDFa API testing
14:32:56 <Steven> Benjamin: My PhD is blocking me working on it at the moment, but maybe I can work together with Sebastian
14:33:21 <Steven> Manu: Nathan is busy too; so the two main editors are not available
14:33:34 <Steven> ... I'm worried that the work will stall
14:34:41 <Benjamin> q+
14:34:53 <manu1> ack Steven
14:35:07 <SebastianGermesin> q+
14:35:18 <manu1> Niklas Linstrom
14:35:22 <Benjamin> Niklas Kindsröm
14:35:26 <Steven> Benjamin: How about asking Niklas Lindstrom?
14:36:02 <Steven> s/Lindstrom/Lindström
14:36:09 <manu1> ack SebastianGermesin
14:36:09 <Steven> Manu: Good idea
14:36:12 <manu1> ack Benjamin
14:36:34 <Steven> Sebastian: I've recently been looking at all the documents, for some of them I have implementations, so maybe I can contribute
14:37:33 <Steven> Manu: We just need to be sure people are woking on it; I should ping Nathan again. We need two interoperable implementations
14:37:57 <Steven> Ivan: At this moment, our concern is the document editing
14:38:38 <Steven> Manu: I'm signing up for that
14:38:55 <Steven> Ivan: Can you manage three documents?
14:39:14 <Steven> Manu: Maybe
14:39:23 <Steven> ... depends on how much work it is
14:39:40 <Steven> ... it's only a temporary solution over the next couple of weeks
14:40:41 <Steven> Manu: Sebastian, would you be available for document editing.
14:40:45 <Steven> Sebastian: Yes.
14:40:54 <Steven> s/editing./editing?/
14:44:24 <Steven> Benjamin: what about these guys implementing rdfquery: http://code.google.com/p/rdfquery/people/list
14:44:36 <Steven> Manu: Good idea
14:45:10 <Steven> Sebastian: I will ask those guys
14:45:54 <Steven> ACTION: Sebastian to ask the RDFQuery people if they want to get involved
14:45:54 <trackbot> Created ACTION-80 - Ask the RDFQuery people if they want to get involved [on Sebastian Germesin - due 2011-06-02].
14:46:58 <Steven> ACTION; Benjamin to ask Niklas Lindström if he wants to get involved
14:47:10 <Steven> ACTION: Sebastian to ask the RDFQuery people if they want to get involved
14:47:10 <trackbot> Created ACTION-81 - Ask the RDFQuery people if they want to get involved [on Sebastian Germesin - due 2011-06-02].
14:47:22 <Steven> ACTION: Benjamin to ask Niklas Lindström if he wants to get involved
14:47:22 <trackbot> Created ACTION-82 - Ask Niklas Lindström if he wants to get involved [on Benjamin Adrian - due 2011-06-02].
14:47:34 <Steven> close action-81
14:47:34 <trackbot> ACTION-81 Ask the RDFQuery people if they want to get involved closed
14:49:24 <ivan> q+
14:49:44 <manu1> ack ivan
14:50:25 <Steven> Ivan: We have a model on how the tests work on the RDFa parts, nice and automatic; how would we do it with the javascripting part?
14:50:28 <manu1> q+
14:50:35 <manu1> ack manu1
14:50:45 <Steven> Manu: Don't kjow if we can do it in the same way
14:50:52 <Steven> s/kj/kn/
14:52:18 <Steven> ... qunit is better at testing APIs
14:53:00 <Steven> Ivan: How do we report the results
14:53:07 <Steven> s/results/results?/
14:53:15 <Steven> ... hopefully automatic
14:53:23 <Steven> Manu: We used to use EARL
14:53:53 <Steven> ... we'd have to do the same for the API
14:54:12 <Steven> Ivan: we should talk to some of the other API WGs
14:59:46 <Steven> Ivan: We need to check that the RDF and RDFa APIs are consitent
14:59:59 <Steven> s/tent/stent/
15:00:47 <Steven> Ivan: We also need to plan dates for CR for Core and for XHTML+
15:01:00 <Steven> Manu: Shane's working on it; he's been sick
15:01:41 <Steven> Ivan: Administratively it is complicated
15:02:15 <Steven> ... and Summer is coming
15:02:35 <Steven> ... so we need to plan the dates now
15:03:49 <Steven> Manu: OK I'll put priority on the last call comments and so on.
15:04:05 <ivan> zakim, drop me
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000165