Chatlog 2011-04-07

From RDFa Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

13:56:16 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
13:56:16 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/04/07-rdfa-irc
13:56:18 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:56:18 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #rdfa
13:56:20 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 7332
13:56:21 <trackbot> Meeting: RDF Web Applications Working Group Teleconference
13:56:21 <trackbot> Date: 07 April 2011
13:56:21 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFa()10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
14:00:26 <Benjamin> Benjamin has joined #rdfa
14:00:45 <ivan> ivan has joined #rdfa
14:01:08 <manu> Chair: Manu
14:01:19 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has now started
14:01:21 <Zakim> + +44.123.456.aaaa
14:01:39 <Benjamin> zakim, I am aaaa
14:01:39 <Zakim> +Benjamin; got it
14:01:40 <manu> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2011Apr/0016.html
14:02:19 <Zakim> +??P17
14:02:20 <Zakim> -??P17
14:02:22 <Zakim> +??P17
14:02:29 <manu> zakim, I am ??P17
14:02:29 <Zakim> +manu; got it
14:03:19 <Zakim> +ShaneM
14:03:20 <ShaneM> ShaneM has joined #rdfa
14:03:27 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
14:03:27 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
14:03:29 <Zakim> +Ivan
14:03:58 <manu> zakim, who is on the phone?
14:03:58 <Zakim> On the phone I see Benjamin, manu, ShaneM, Ivan
14:03:59 <manu> Present: Ivan, Ted, Benjamin, Manu, ShaneM, Steven
14:04:21 <manu> Regrets: Nathan
14:04:40 <ShaneM> ScribeNick: ShaneM
14:05:19 <manu> Topic: RDFa Web Apps WG Administration
14:05:19 <ShaneM> Manu: We have a number of administrative items to get through today
14:05:20 <ShaneM> ShaneM: I HATE this new name - it doesn't have RDFa in there anywhere. It's like having a group called "The Web Serialization Formats Working Group" and then having them be the group that works on HTML.
14:05:21 <ShaneM> Ivan: This was a long discussion, it was the name that generated the least amount of grumbles.
14:05:34 <manu> Subtopic: Old members and IEs joining the new WG
14:06:21 <ivan> zakim, drop me
14:06:21 <Zakim> Ivan is being disconnected
14:06:22 <Zakim> -Ivan
14:06:52 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
14:06:52 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
14:06:54 <Zakim> +Ivan
14:07:13 <manu> zakim, drop Ivan
14:07:14 <Zakim> Ivan is being disconnected
14:07:14 <Zakim> -Ivan
14:09:42 <ShaneM> Manu: You need to rejoin this group (via your AC rep).
14:10:26 <manu> To rejoin the group, please fill out this form: http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/44350/join
14:10:17 <ShaneM> (I note that Manu and ShaneM managed to renew membership through this link)
14:10:28 <manu> Subtopic: Introduction of new RDF Web Apps WG members
14:10:37 <ShaneM> Manu: Two new members in the group: Thomas Steiner, from Google, and Ted Thibodeau from OpenLink
14:11:07 <ShaneM> ... Joined to work on the APIs
14:11:09 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
14:11:09 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
14:11:10 <Zakim> +Ivan
14:11:38 <Steven_> Steven_ has joined #rdfa
14:12:17 <ShaneM> Steven is here, but has no phone today.
14:14:27 <Zakim> -Benjamin
14:15:58 <Zakim> +benjamin
14:15:59 <ivan> http://dev.iptc.org/rNews
14:16:14 <manu> Manu: New York Times and IPTC launched rNews draft standard this week - great news!
14:17:29 <Benjamin> This is really a great news!
14:17:40 <ShaneM> Manu: They're focusing upon RDF and RDFa - but also support Microformats via hNews. The NYT has rich semantic data, hand-curated going back to the early 1900s. They want to be the public record for all the news in the world - semantics make sense for them.
14:18:37 <Steven_> +1
14:19:23 <Steven_> Mark and I talked to IPTC years ago on using rdfa. Glad it's finally happened
14:19:25 <ShaneM> Yes, it seems that many of us have had contact with them over the years and it finally resonated with a number of people there. Evan Sandhaus gets a great deal of the credit for making this happen - he's been very forward-looking with semantics and the news industry. Lots of others involved and responsible for the push to adopt rNews, of course. It's going to really pay off for the international news community in the long run.
14:22:26 <manu> Topic: HTML WG ISSUE-120: prefixes in HTML5+RDFa
14:22:31 <manu> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0689.html
14:23:12 <ShaneM> Manu: Chairs went very deep in their rationale, it was a fair decision.
14:23:59 <manu> Topic: ISSUE-85: Projections and Property Groups
14:24:16 <manu> Manu: Projections and Property Groups are now a single concept. The API is cleaner because of it, the cognitive load on the developer has been lessed because of it - it is a good change as far as Nathan and I are concerned.
14:24:16 <ShaneM> This has been integrated and Nathan and Manu think they look nice.
14:24:46 <ShaneM> It has simplified things a lot.  Made things easier to use.
14:25:23 <ShaneM> This is probably resolvable assuming Ivan and Benjamin are happy with it.
14:25:27 <ShaneM> Ivan: I am happy with it.
14:25:41 <ShaneM> manu: let's let this ISSUE hang out until more people have reviewed the document.
14:25:54 <ShaneM> ivan: we should ensure that Thomas has reviewed it before we publish.
14:26:11 <Benjamin> I can have a look at it tomorrow.
14:26:18 <Zakim> +OpenLink_Software
14:26:30 <Ted> Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
14:26:30 <Zakim> +Ted; got it
14:26:30 <Ted> zakim, mute me
14:26:31 <Zakim> Ted should now be muted
14:26:32 <Ted> :-)
14:26:48 <Ted> Zakim, unmute me
14:26:48 <Zakim> Ted should no longer be muted
14:28:56 <manu> Topic: Publication of new WDs for RDFa API and RDF API
14:29:12 <manu> Manu: We need to discuss when we are going to publish these documents... soon, hopefully
14:29:13 <manu> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdfa-primer/
14:29:14 <manu> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdfa-api/
14:29:15 <manu> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdf-api/
14:30:01 <ShaneM> We are planning to resolve to publish the RDFa API next Thursday.
14:30:12 <ShaneM> We would also like to publish the Primer at the same time.
14:30:40 <Steven_> (May 2005 was when Mark and I spoke at the IPTC annual meeting on using RDFa!)
14:31:18 <ShaneM> Benjamin: I can go through the Primer tomorrow.
14:31:27 <ShaneM> manu: please do that and send comments to the mailing list.
14:32:43 <ShaneM> So publication schedule would be 19 April
14:33:00 <ShaneM> ivan: We might want to try to get votes via email for people who are not going to be on the call.
14:33:08 <manu> ACTION: Manu to collect votes for publication of RDFa API and RDFa Primer by next Thursday via mailing list
14:33:08 <trackbot> Created ACTION-71 - Collect votes for publication of RDFa API and RDFa Primer by next Thursday via mailing list [on Manu Sporny - due 2011-04-14].
14:35:03 <manu> Topic: RDFa Core mentioning "latest version"
14:35:06 <ShaneM> ShaneM: There have been a few comments on the mailing list that "latest version" is confusing - we should tighten up the language, it's an editorial change.
14:35:10 <ShaneM> Manu: Why don't you float something out to the mailing list and if nobody has an issue with it, just make the edit. It's clearly an editorial change and we should be more specific.
14:35:15 <ShaneM> ShaneM: I'll do that.
14:36:47 <Zakim> -ShaneM
14:37:13 <Zakim> -benjamin
14:40:30 <Steven_> zakim, who is on the call?
14:40:30 <Zakim> On the phone I see manu, Ivan, Ted
14:41:58 <Zakim> -manu
14:42:03 <ivan> zakim, drop me
14:42:03 <Zakim> Ivan is being disconnected
14:42:05 <Zakim> -Ivan
14:42:07 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has ended
14:42:09 <Zakim> Attendees were +44.123.456.aaaa, Benjamin, manu, ShaneM, Ivan, Ted
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000117