Chatlog 2010-07-01

From RDFa Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

13:54:25 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
13:54:25 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/07/01-rdfa-irc
13:54:31 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #rdfa
13:54:37 <manu> trackbot, prepare telecon
13:54:39 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:54:41 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 7332
13:54:41 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFa()10:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
13:54:42 <trackbot> Meeting: RDFa Working Group Teleconference
13:54:42 <trackbot> Date: 01 July 2010
13:55:18 <manu> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2010Jun/0092.html
13:55:27 <manu> manu has changed the topic to: RDFa Telecon Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2010Jun/0092.html (manu)
13:55:52 <manu> Present: Manu, Ivan, Steven, Shane, Toby, Knud
13:55:58 <manu> Regrets: Benjamin, MarkB
13:56:02 <manu> Chair: Manu
13:56:40 <Knud> Knud has joined #rdfa
13:56:56 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
13:56:56 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
13:56:57 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has now started
13:56:58 <Zakim> +Ivan
13:57:51 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:00:08 <Zakim> +ShaneM
14:00:09 <ShaneM> ShaneM has joined #rdfa
14:00:21 <ShaneM> zakim, who is here?
14:00:21 <Zakim> On the phone I see Ivan, [IPcaller], ShaneM
14:00:22 <Zakim> On IRC I see ShaneM, Knud, Zakim, RRSAgent, manu, Steven, ivan, trackbot
14:01:51 <Steven> zakim, dial steven-617
14:01:51 <Zakim> ok, Steven; the call is being made
14:01:52 <Zakim> +Steven
14:18:21 <manu> scribenick: knud
14:18:24 <manu> Scribe: Knud
14:19:06 <manu> Topic: ISSUE-26: Error Reporting Mechanism
14:19:45 <Knud> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/issues/26
14:21:47 <manu> Proposal for Error Reporting mechanism is here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2010Jun/0091.html
14:23:29 <Knud> manu: any feedback on this proposal?
14:25:09 <Knud> shane: what is the default configuration? which graph are we getting?
14:26:26 <Knud> ... if you don't specify what you want, what do you get?
14:26:53 <Knud> manu: the data graph should be the default
14:27:54 <manu> PROPOSAL: Accept RDFa Core Error reporting mechanism per the proposal sent to the mailing list, clarify the default mode of operation.
14:28:03 <ivan> +1
14:28:05 <ShaneM> +1
14:28:06 <manu> +1
14:28:06 <Knud> Knud: +1
14:28:26 <Steven> +1
14:28:50 <manu> RESOLVED: Accept RDFa Core Error reporting mechanism per the proposal sent to the mailing list, clarify the default mode of operation.
14:32:24 <Knud> Is there a reason not to use both at the same time?
14:33:30 <Knud> manu: two mechanisms, one event-based (SAX like) and one model-based
14:33:52 <Knud> ... event-based works with callback functions, one for processor, one for default graph
14:34:12 <Knud> ... model-based just parses the whole document and puts triples into either processor store or default store
14:35:37 <Knud> shane: these are not alternatives, both have to be implemented. They are rather "modes of use"
14:37:18 <Knud> manu: yes, both have to be supported in the RDFa API
14:38:00 <Knud> we should point out that both are working side-by-side, as opposed to as alternatives
14:38:10 <manu> PROPOSAL: Accept RDFa API Error reporting mechanism per the proposal sent to the mailing list, clarify that both Event-based and Model-based mechanisms MUST be supported.
14:38:23 <Knud> +1
14:38:25 <manu> +1
14:38:26 <Steven> Concur
14:38:30 <ShaneM> +1
14:38:46 <ivan> +1
14:38:49 <manu> RESOLVED: Accept RDFa API Error reporting mechanism per the proposal sent to the mailing list, clarify that both Event-based and Model-based mechanisms MUST be supported.
14:40:06 <Knud> ivan: what is the structure of the error triples? this still needs to be discussed
14:40:52 <Knud> ... leave some space for that in RDFa Core
14:43:11 <ShaneM> Sure - I will take care of it.
14:45:02 <Knud> Ivan: can shane go through the document and define other places where an error mechanism is needed? 
14:45:09 <ShaneM> ACTION: Shane to see if there are other places in RDFa CORE where we should require that errors are raised.
14:45:10 <trackbot> Created ACTION-34 - See if there are other places in RDFa CORE where we should require that errors are raised. [on Shane McCarron - due 2010-07-08].
14:45:52 <Knud> manu: e.g. CURIE not declared, term not declared, etc.
14:46:07 <Knud> TOPIC: ISSUE-27: Relative URIs
14:46:15 <Knud> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/issues/27
14:47:22 <ShaneM> TERMorCURIEorURI
14:47:43 <ShaneM> CURIEorURI - @about, @resource
14:47:58 <ShaneM> TERMorCURIEorAbsURI
14:48:31 <Knud> shane: so, some contexts should allow relative URIs, some not
14:48:58 <ivan> rel="#blabla"
14:51:44 <ShaneM> rel='shane'
14:52:28 <Knud> shane: this is the case where you wouldn't want relative URIs, because it's not distinguishable from a term
14:52:57 <Knud> ... and this means you couldn't be flagged that you may have used a wrong/misspelled term
14:53:33 <Steven> I agree
14:54:12 <ShaneM> div about="#me"...
14:55:10 <Knud> manu/shane: there is a notion that people expect to be able to use relative URIs in about, src and resource, but not in rel, rev, etc.
14:55:45 <tinkster> @src / @href we would be very stupid to try to tinker with.
14:55:59 <ShaneM> tinkster: agreed.  we can't touch those
14:56:10 <ShaneM> about="[TERM]"
14:56:17 <Knud> ivan: there should be a symmetry in how to use our own RDFa attributes
14:56:46 <manu> about="term"
14:58:44 <Knud> shane: allowing terms in @about would break backwards compatibility
14:58:49 <ivan> about="./term"
15:02:57 <tinkster> ... and disallow in @property, @typeof.
15:03:01 <manu> PROPOSAL: Relative URIs are allowed in @about, @src, @href, and @resource - they are disallowed in any other RDFa attribute.
15:03:05 <Steven> +1
15:03:07 <tinkster> +1
15:03:08 <manu> +1
15:03:15 <Knud> Knud: +1
15:03:17 <ShaneM> and I will change the datatype name to TERMorCURIEorAbsURI - +!
15:03:27 <ivan> +1
15:03:31 <ShaneM> +1
15:03:35 <manu> RESOLVED: Relative URIs are allowed in @about, @src, @href, and @resource - they are disallowed in any other RDFa attribute.
15:04:31 <Knud> Topic: Semtech 2010
15:05:12 <Knud> Ivan: Lots of really great buzz around RDFa at SemTech this year - lots of the hallway conversation was about RDFa.
15:06:24 <Knud> Ivan: Jim Hendler said a lot of really great stuff about RDFa in his keynote - really positive about it.
15:07:10 <Knud> Ivan: Story in ReadWriteWeb and other journals about RDFa - discussion by folks from NYT - great stuff!
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000114