Chatlog 2010-03-25

From RDFa Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

13:46:12 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
13:46:12 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/03/25-rdfa-irc
13:46:37 <ivan> ivan has left #rdfa
13:47:12 <manu> manu has changed the topic to: RDFa WG Telecon. Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2010Mar/0194.html (manu)
13:47:15 <manu> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2010Mar/0194.html
13:47:22 <manu> trackbot, start meeting
13:47:24 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:47:26 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 7332
13:47:26 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFa()10:00AM scheduled to start in 13 minutes
13:47:27 <trackbot> Meeting: RDFa Working Group Teleconference
13:47:27 <trackbot> Date: 25 March 2010
13:47:43 <manu> Chair: Manu Sporny
13:52:29 <jeffs> jeffs has joined #rdfa
14:00:16 <Knud> Knud has joined #rdfa
14:01:09 <Zakim> the conference code is 7332 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), manu
14:01:27 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has now started
14:01:28 <ShaneM> ShaneM has joined #rdfa
14:01:34 <Zakim> + +03539149aaaa
14:01:36 <Zakim> +??P6
14:01:50 <Zakim> + +1.415.524.aabb
14:01:52 <manu> zakim, I am ??P6
14:01:52 <Zakim> +manu; got it
14:02:21 <jeffs> zakim, I am aabb
14:02:21 <Zakim> +jeffs; got it
14:02:33 <Zakim> +McCarron
14:02:42 <ShaneM> zakim, McCarron is ShaneM
14:02:42 <Zakim> +ShaneM; got it
14:03:41 <manu> zakim, who is making noise?
14:03:53 <Zakim> manu, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +03539149aaaa (40%), manu (100%), jeffs (3%)
14:04:54 <Zakim> +knud; got it
14:07:22 <manu> zakim, pick a victim
14:07:22 <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose manu
14:07:26 <manu> zakim, pick a victim
14:07:26 <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose knud (muted)
14:07:50 <Benjamin> Benjamin has joined #rdfa
14:08:33 <manu> Present: Jeff, Manu, Shane, Abhijit, Knud, Benjamin
14:14:32 <Benjamin> scribenick: Benjamin
14:14:33 <Benjamin> Topic: Action Items
14:08:19 <manu> ACTION: Shane to prepare RDFa Core 1.1 document for FPWD
14:08:19 <trackbot> Created ACTION-16 - Prepare RDFa Core 1.1 document for FPWD [on Shane McCarron - due 2010-04-01].
14:08:57 <manu> ACTION: Jeff to prepare RDFa Cookbook document for FPWD for May 2010
14:08:57 <trackbot> Created ACTION-17 - Prepare RDFa Cookbook document for FPWD for May 2010 [on Jeffrey Sonstein - due 2010-04-01].
14:10:00 <Zakim> + +49.631.205.7.aacc
14:10:28 <Knud> zakim, aacc is Benjamin
14:10:28 <Zakim> +Benjamin; got it
14:11:44 <manu> ACTION: Shane to prepare XHTML+RDFa 1.1 document for FPWD.
14:11:44 <trackbot> Created ACTION-18 - Prepare XHTML+RDFa 1.1 document for FPWD. [on Shane McCarron - due 2010-04-01].
14:12:40 <Benjamin> scribenick: Benjamin
14:13:24 <manu> ACTION: Benjamin to prepare RDFa API document for FPWD
14:13:24 <trackbot> Created ACTION-19 - Prepare RDFa API document for FPWD [on Benjamin Adrian - due 2010-04-01].
14:14:24 <manu> April 1st  - Editors have a FPWD Editors Draft document published via
14:14:26 <manu>              a W3C URL (though cvs.w3.org)
14:14:28 <manu> April 8th  - Any Editors Draft corrections are made
14:14:30 <manu> April 15th - Notification to W3C Pubs to publish RDFa WG FPWDs
14:14:31 <manu> April 22nd - Slack time
14:15:12 <Benjamin> manu: Does this timeline for creating first drafts of FPWD drafts look good? Any objections to the timeline?
14:15:35 <Benjamin> ... three documents by April, 15
14:15:39 <jeffs> +1 on timeline & tasks
14:16:04 <Benjamin> ... any changes on the agenda?
14:16:00 <Benjamin> Topic: RDFa Vocabulary Proposal in FPWD
14:16:22 <manu> http://doodle.com/uqe9pxru7eu8n7d8
14:17:43 <Benjamin> Manu: The straw poll items that have strong support are going to be part of the RDFa 1.1 FPWD specification
14:18:01 <jeffs> I can live with the external documents part, and I am very hesitant with pulling in external documents.
14:18:33 <Benjamin> Toby and Jeff do not agree with having an external document
14:19:54 <Benjamin> Jeff: it's more a hesitation than disagreement
14:21:20 <jeffs> expressed my concerns about having external document(s) and liking of xmlns: namespace approach
14:22:17 <Benjamin> Manu: We have discussed much on this concern on the mailing list - the downsides with having an external document. There is support to put it in the FPWD, let's do that and then see how the community responds to the FPWD.
14:23:25 <manu> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/drafts/2010/ED-vocab-20100305/
14:23:48 <Benjamin> ... Ivan is going to update the document above
14:24:16 <Benjamin> ... a similar version is in the rdfa.info wiki
14:25:15 <jeffs> I see no consensus on the 'combination of prefixes and keywords into a single "list of mappings" concept' proposal
14:25:22 <Benjamin> ... we should keep prefixes and keywords in separate documents. Any objections on not combining prefixes/keywords in the FPWD document?
14:25:25 <Benjamin> ... No objections, moving on.
14:25:28 <Knud> Topic: @token Proposal in FPWD
14:26:36 <Benjamin> ... token proposal is not going into the RDFa 1.1 document, no support for it as of right now. Any objections to @token proposal not going in RDFa document?
14:27:01 <Benjamin> ... Hearing none, let's move on.
14:27:16 <Benjamin> Topic: Default prefix proposal in FPWD
14:28:06 <manu> <div vocab="http://example.org/vocab#"><span property="foo">prop</span></div>
14:28:30 <manu> <> http://example.org/vocab#foo "prop" .
14:28:59 <Knud> vocab is good
14:29:01 <jeffs> vocab is simple and expressive
14:29:10 <Benjamin> Shane: I really like vocab
14:30:14 <Benjamin> manu: vocab is going to be in RDFa 1.1 FPWD spec
14:31:01 <jeffs> +1 to keeping sep until more discussion
14:31:46 <Benjamin> ... prefixes and keywords are kept separate for now
14:32:36 <Benjamin> ShaneM: No objections to keep them separate for now
14:32:40 <Benjamin> Topic: Alternative to xmlns: in FPWD
14:33:08 <manu> General agreement that RDFa 1.1 should have a mechanism to express mappings that does not depend on xmlns: (for example: @token, @vocab or @map)
14:33:24 <Benjamin> manu: We haven't really talked about the exact mechanism behind this
14:34:21 <manu> One option: prefix="foaf: http://xmns.com/.../" token="Person: http://xmlns.com/.../Person"
14:35:03 <manu> Second option: prefix="foaf: http://xmlns.com/.../" <--- prefixes can only be set, tokens are only set in RDFa Profile documents.
14:35:22 <Benjamin> ... explains options for defining prefixes and tokens
14:35:44 <manu> Third option: map="foaf: http://xmns.com/.../; Person: http://xmlns.com/.../Person;"
14:36:35 <jeffs> I do not think we have talked about this enough to do much of anything "on paper"
14:37:36 <jeffs> the previous stuff has an effect upon this issue
14:39:15 <Zakim> +??P7
14:39:28 <Benjamin> ... Ok, then an alternative to xmlns: is not going into the FPWD RDFa 1.1 Core document yet, but there is strong support for such a mechanism. We'll work out the details over the next couple of weeks.
14:40:10 <Benjamin> Manu: Do Shane and Benjamin feel that they have enough information to proceed with editing the documents. Is there anything else they need to complete RDFa Core 1.1 FPWD, XHTML+RDFa 1.1 FPWD and RDFa DOM API FPWD?
14:41:13 <Benjamin> ... We have a tight schedule
14:40:10 <Benjamin> ... Ok, we're expecting draft FPWD documents to be available in W3C CVS by next Thursday. We'll review, make changes and get them to W3C Pubs by April 15th. Meeting adjourned.
14:41:36 <Zakim> -knud
14:41:40 <Zakim> -jeffs
14:43:25 <Benjamin> rrsagent, make minutes
14:43:25 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/25-rdfa-minutes.html Benjamin
14:44:00 <Zakim> -Benjamin
14:53:18 <mgylling> mgylling has joined #rdfa
15:11:24 <markbirbeck> markbirbeck has joined #rdfa
15:21:07 <Zakim> -ShaneM
15:21:09 <Zakim> -manu
15:21:12 <Zakim> -??P7
15:21:14 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has ended
15:21:15 <Zakim> Attendees were +03539149aaaa, +1.415.524.aabb, manu, jeffs, ShaneM, knud, +49.631.205.7.aacc, Benjamin
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000123