Chatlog 2010-02-18

From RDFa Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

14:01:03 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
14:01:03 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/02/18-rdfa-irc
14:01:05 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:01:07 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 7332
14:01:08 <trackbot> Meeting: RDFa Working Group Teleconference
14:01:08 <trackbot> Date: 18 February 2010
14:01:10 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFa()10:00AM scheduled to start in 59 minutes
14:01:19 <manu> hey, fancy!
14:41:01 <ShaneM> ShaneM has joined #rdfa
14:43:28 <manu> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2010Feb/0034.html
14:43:35 <manu> scribenick: ivan
14:43:52 <manu> Previous: http://www.w3.org/2010/01/28-rdfa-minutes.html
14:44:20 <manu> Regrets: Ben_Adida, Mark_Birbeck
14:44:24 <manu> Chair: Manu_Sporny
14:44:37 <manu> rrsagent, draft minutes
14:44:37 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/18-rdfa-minutes.html manu
14:56:02 <ivan> manu, you should look at http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/manual
14:56:28 <ivan> the rrsagent dump may not be necessary any more
14:56:45 <ivan> zakim, code?
14:56:45 <Zakim> the conference code is 7332 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), ivan
14:57:17 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
14:57:17 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
14:57:18 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has now started
14:57:19 <Zakim> +Ivan
14:57:44 <Zakim> +??P19
14:57:50 <manu> zakim, I am ??P19
14:57:50 <Zakim> +manu; got it
14:57:57 <ivan> zakim, ??P19 is manu
14:57:57 <Zakim> I already had ??P19 as manu, ivan
14:58:59 <Zakim> +ShaneM
14:59:44 <Steven> zakim, dial steven-work
14:59:44 <Zakim> ok, Steven; the call is being made
14:59:46 <Zakim> +Steven
15:00:29 <Zakim> + +49.631.205.7.aaaa
15:01:09 <ivan> zakim, aaaa is Benjamin 
15:01:09 <Zakim> +Benjamin; got it
15:01:23 <jeffs> jeffs has joined #rdfa
15:01:37 <Steven> zakim, who is on the phone?
15:01:37 <Zakim> On the phone I see Ivan, manu, ShaneM, Steven, Benjamin
15:02:56 <Zakim> + +1.585.278.aabb
15:03:07 <ivan> zakim, aabb is jeffs
15:03:07 <Zakim> +jeffs; got it
15:05:00 <Steven> trackbot, status
15:06:58 <ivan> Topic: Welcome
15:07:20 <ivan> manu: Benjamin is the only newby on W3C groups
15:07:26 <ivan> ... quick intros
15:07:32 <ivan> ... on what is expected
15:07:45 <ivan> ... we do most of the technical work on the mailing list
15:07:54 <ivan> ... the call is to discuss status and make decisions
15:08:05 <ivan> ... during the telco we depend on irc
15:08:09 <ivan> ... we minute things
15:08:18 <ivan> ... we have a rotating scribe schedule
15:08:24 <ivan> ... everyone will do some scribing
15:08:45 <ivan> ... we usually start the call by reviewing action items
15:08:57 <ivan> ... only those that are past due or can be called
15:09:03 <ivan> ... then we go item by item
15:09:22 <ivan> ... ivan will try:-) to minute everything
15:09:37 <ivan> ... people should call in their name in the first few meetings
15:09:54 <ivan> ... if you do not want something on minutes then you should warn the scribe
15:10:24 <Steven> q+ to show how it works
15:10:26 <ivan> ... If one needs to say something, use q+ on irc, and that will put on the queue, q- take off the queue
15:10:29 <Steven> ack Steven
15:10:29 <Zakim> Steven, you wanted to show how it works
15:10:37 <Steven> zakim, mute me
15:10:37 <Zakim> Steven should now be muted
15:10:44 <Steven> zakim, unmute me
15:10:44 <Zakim> Steven should no longer be muted
15:10:55 <ivan> manu: there are three pods: zakim for the telco, audio, etc
15:11:06 <manu> http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
15:11:07 <ivan> ... who is noisy, mute and unmute
15:11:08 <Steven> s/pods/bots/
15:11:30 <ivan> manu: rrsagent is for setting minutes
15:11:59 <manu> http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent
15:12:06 <ivan> Steven: rrsagent essentially logs the minutes in a file
15:12:09 <Zakim> -jeffs
15:12:18 <ivan> manu: there are a number of useful commands
15:12:36 <ivan> ... third is trackpod, tracking action items and issues
15:12:36 <Zakim> +jeffs
15:12:46 <ivan> ... it also has a web interface, too
15:12:55 <ivan> manu: any questions?
15:13:12 <Steven> s/trackpod/trackbot/
15:13:33 <ivan> Topic: action items
15:13:40 <manu>    http://www.w3.org/2010/01/28-rdfa-minutes.html#ActionSummary
15:14:07 <Steven> action-1?
15:14:07 <trackbot> ACTION-1 -- Manu Sporny to create basic RDFa API document -- due 2010-02-24 -- OPEN
15:14:07 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/actions/1
15:14:27 <Steven> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/actions
15:14:53 <Steven> action-*?
15:14:54 <ivan> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/actions/open is the open items
15:15:31 <Steven> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/features
15:15:38 <manu> action-1?
15:15:39 <trackbot> ACTION-1 -- Manu Sporny to create basic RDFa API document -- due 2010-02-24 -- OPEN
15:15:39 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/actions/1
15:15:39 <Steven> action-1 closed
15:15:40 <trackbot> ACTION-1 Create basic RDFa API document closed
15:15:49 <manu> http://dev.w3.org/rdfa/specs/rdfa-dom-api.html
15:16:19 <manu> action-2?
15:16:19 <trackbot> ACTION-2 -- Manu Sporny to test CORS support for pre-loading prefixes in latest browsers -- due 2010-02-24 -- OPEN
15:16:19 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/actions/2
15:16:20 <ivan> action-2?
15:16:20 <trackbot> ACTION-2 -- Manu Sporny to test CORS support for pre-loading prefixes in latest browsers -- due 2010-02-24 -- OPEN
15:16:22 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/actions/2
15:16:24 <manu> action-2 closed
15:16:26 <trackbot> ACTION-2 Test CORS support for pre-loading prefixes in latest browsers closed
15:17:04 <ivan> q+
15:17:29 <manu> http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/tests/cors/
15:17:45 <Steven> ack I
15:18:51 <Zakim> + +03539149aacc
15:19:11 <Steven> comment action-1 Manu wrote the documen
15:19:32 <Steven> trackbot, comment action-1 Manu wrote the document
15:19:32 <trackbot> ACTION-1 Create basic RDFa API document notes added
15:20:05 <Steven> zakim, aacc is Knud
15:20:05 <Zakim> +Knud; got it
15:20:30 <manu> trackbot, comment action-1 The RDFa API document is at http://dev.w3.org/rdfa/specs/rdfa-dom-api.html
15:20:30 <trackbot> ACTION-1 Create basic RDFa API document notes added
15:20:35 <Steven> trackbot, status
15:20:40 <Knud> Knud has joined #rdfa
15:20:56 <Knud> hello, sorry for being late
15:21:52 <manu> trackbot, comment action-2 The CORS test is available here: http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/tests/cors/
15:21:52 <trackbot> ACTION-2 Test CORS support for pre-loading prefixes in latest browsers notes added
15:22:12 <manu> trackbot, comment action-2 The CORS test results are available here: http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/tests/cors/results
15:22:12 <trackbot> ACTION-2 Test CORS support for pre-loading prefixes in latest browsers notes added
15:23:40 <ivan> action-6?
15:23:40 <trackbot> ACTION-6 -- Shane McCarron to identify the requirements for html2ps and see about getting reSpec to support them -- due 2010-02-24 -- OPEN
15:23:40 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/actions/6
15:23:51 <ivan> manu: shane, any news on that?
15:23:58 <ivan> ShaneM: I have not done, continues
15:24:17 <ivan> manu: robin is the guy doing the spec.js, he is delighted that we use that
15:24:24 <ivan> ... a good pick
15:25:06 <ivan> topic: invited expersts
15:25:29 <ivan> manu: we have two experts waiting on whether they can join, benjamin nowack and toby inkster
15:25:53 <ivan> ... last time we were wondering, the member of invited experts were high compared to the member companies
15:26:06 <ivan> ... we have 3 ie-s and 9 companies
15:26:12 <ivan> ... so this time is better
15:27:19 <jeffs> if we have a preponderance of members represented and there is a clear *reason* to include *these particular people*, I tend towards the side of inclusion
15:29:35 <Zakim> +??P9
15:30:45 <Steven> zakim, ??P9 is John
15:30:45 <Zakim> +John; got it
15:33:04 <manu> ACTION: Manu to send Ivan Invited Expert proposals to Ivan.
15:33:04 <trackbot> Created ACTION-7 - Send Ivan Invited Expert proposals to Ivan. [on Manu Sporny - due 2010-02-25].
15:33:29 <jeffs> +1 to inclusion for both
15:34:32 <ivan> Topic: Plan for the wg
15:34:40 <ivan> manu: we have to have a fpwd in march
15:34:48 <ivan> ... according the charter/schedule
15:35:06 <ivan> ... rdfa 1.1, rdfa api
15:35:34 <ivan> ... the document does not have to be perfect, it is the sign that the public could look at it and comment it
15:35:51 <Steven> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/#milestones
15:36:08 <ivan> ... shane, i am assuming that you will editor for rdfa1.1
15:36:14 <ivan> ... but I should not assume
15:36:17 <jeffs> I would be interested in working on "RDFa 1.1 API" and/or "RDFa in XHTML 1.1"
15:36:31 <ivan> ShaneM: i think it owuld be wise not to be the only critical path
15:36:42 <ivan> ... i am happy to move to a new toolset
15:37:02 <ivan> ... but maybe it is worth keeping the document in the old pubtools for fpwd
15:37:10 <ivan> s/owuld/would/
15:37:37 <ivan> manu: the introduction on the mailing list were good because there might be interest in the cookbook and the primer
15:38:01 <ivan> ... john, if your interest is in the education, those documents are the good targets
15:38:24 <ivan> john: what are the timelines?
15:38:45 <ivan> manu: one months after the first three documents
15:38:57 <ivan> ... primer does not require much work to get it updated
15:39:15 <jeffs> put me in for primer
15:39:15 <ivan> ... I will need document on the api
15:39:43 <ivan> benjamin: I am interested for the api document
15:39:55 <Knud> primer and cookbook sound like something I'd like to work on
15:39:57 <ivan> manu: editing means of course some of the technical issue
15:40:20 <ivan> manu: any other concerns on the order we want to work on these
15:40:38 <ivan> ... rdfa core, rdfa xhtml and the api will be the first to look at
15:40:40 <jeffs> okay, so using irc as my memory I'll say I'm working on the "RDFa 1.1 Primer" and the "RDFa Usage Cookbook"
15:41:05 <ivan> manu: another item is publishing rdfa in html5
15:41:13 <ivan> ... that work is happening in the html wg
15:41:24 <ivan> ... we will have to make decisions on changes and updates 
15:41:36 <ivan> ... including changes on the test suites for html 4 and 5
15:41:53 <ivan> ... i am assuming that the priority on the html5+rdfa will be lower than the rdfa core
15:42:03 <ivan> q+
15:42:06 <Steven> q+
15:42:58 <ivan> john: the question is the publishing of rdfa with pages and html, partly on the practicalities on how the bbc will use this and across pages
15:43:12 <ivan> ... within the way we will use rdfa will be very dynamic in the page
15:43:20 <ivan> ... it is a very dynamic element
15:43:40 <ivan> ... it is very difficult to render and keep the page fine without way to integrate it with html
15:43:44 <ivan> ... we have some ideas
15:43:56 <ivan> ... this is of interest to me
15:44:15 <ivan> ... this is actually the biggest problem in using it in a very dynamic environment
15:44:29 <ivan> manu: are you saying that you are mostly interested in the api?
15:44:40 <ivan> john: it may be that element
15:44:51 <ivan> ... it is also the integration with the html gorup
15:44:56 <ivan> q?
15:45:11 <ivan> manu: maybe sending more about this on the introductory email?
15:45:19 <Steven> q+ to ask about FtFs
15:45:37 <ivan> ... please definitely make it known if there is something you really want to have the group to work on
15:45:55 <manu> scribenick: manu
15:46:24 <manu> Ivan: I think that we need to keep HTML5 work at a high priority.
15:46:24 <ShaneM> Can someone please put on the list of stuff we have to do that we need to coordinate with the PFWG on @role and how @role integrates with RDFa?
15:46:40 <manu> Ivan: Any changes that we make to RDFa 1.1 should be synchronized with HTML+RDFa.
15:46:48 <ivan> scribenick: ivan
15:46:54 <manu> Ivan: don't know if it is realisitic or not, but we should focus on that.
15:47:14 <ivan> Steven: i think the html5 being in the back burner because it would give us more time
15:47:25 <ivan> ... another different issues are about f2f meetings
15:47:53 <ivan> manu: i did not plan for a f2f
15:47:57 <ivan> q+
15:48:00 <Steven> ACTION: unassigned to ��01coordinate with the PFWG on @role and how @role integrates with RDFa?�
15:48:00 <trackbot> Could not create new action (unparseable data in server response: No child element named 'id') - please contact sysreq with the details of what happened.
15:48:19 <manu> ack ivan
15:48:26 <manu> ack steven
15:48:26 <Zakim> Steven, you wanted to ask about FtFs
15:48:56 <ivan> ivan: tpac may be the week before iswc, which may make it difficult
15:49:11 <ivan> manu: the answer to steven's question is: we do not know...
15:49:26 <Steven> ACTION: unassigned ��01coordinate with the PFWG on @role and how @role integrates with RDFa?�
15:49:26 <trackbot> Could not create new action (unparseable data in server response: No child element named 'id') - please contact sysreq with the details of what happened.
15:49:30 <ivan> ... if there are chances to meet at one of the conference, we should of course try to do it
15:49:39 <jeffs> even informal f2f mtgs are good 
15:49:58 <ivan> manu: next week we will launch into the technical work
15:49:59 <Zakim> -ShaneM
15:50:22 <ivan> rrsagent, draft minutes
15:50:22 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/18-rdfa-minutes.html ivan
15:50:34 <Zakim> -jeffs
15:50:37 <Zakim> -Steven
15:50:50 <manu> zakim, who is on the call?
15:50:50 <Zakim> On the phone I see Ivan, manu, Benjamin, Knud, John
15:50:51 <Zakim> -Benjamin
15:50:52 <Zakim> -Ivan
15:50:53 <manu> zakim, who is on the call?
15:50:54 <Zakim> On the phone I see manu, Knud, John
15:53:28 <Steven> Ivan?
15:53:38 <ivan> yes
15:53:39 <ivan> ?
15:53:52 <Steven> Could you add this to the WG page in the navigation: http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=44350
15:53:59 <Steven> and also the tracker list
15:54:39 <ivan> it is there (WG Links)
15:57:24 <ShaneM> Is there a space where we are going to put up drafts of documents?  And if so, do I have jigedit access to it?
15:57:32 <ShaneM> and... if I don't... could I get it?
15:58:05 <ivan> shane, I am in the process of asking a cvs access for you under the rdfa wg page
15:58:58 <ShaneM> okay thanks.  I think..
16:00:53 <Steven> :-)
16:06:10 <Zakim> -manu
16:06:12 <Zakim> -Knud
16:06:14 <Zakim> -John
16:06:15 <Zakim> SW_RDFa()10:00AM has ended
16:06:16 <Zakim> Attendees were Ivan, manu, ShaneM, Steven, +49.631.205.7.aaaa, Benjamin, +1.585.278.aabb, jeffs, +03539149aacc, Knud, John
16:30:46 <msporny> msporny has joined #rdfa
16:37:55 <CGI494> CGI494 has joined #rdfa
18:00:56 <Zakim> Zakim has left #rdfa
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000240