IRC log of xproc on 2010-02-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:59:16 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
15:59:16 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:59:20 [Norm]
Zakim, this will be xproc
15:59:33 [Zakim]
ok, Norm; I see XML_PMWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
15:59:35 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
15:59:35 [Norm]
Date: 25 Feb 2010
15:59:35 [Norm]
15:59:35 [Norm]
Meeting: 169
15:59:35 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
15:59:36 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
15:59:38 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
16:00:04 [Norm]
16:00:42 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has now started
16:00:56 [Zakim]
16:01:34 [Vojtech]
Vojtech has joined #xproc
16:02:45 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
16:02:53 [Zakim]
16:03:15 [Zakim]
16:03:18 [MoZ]
Zakim, code?
16:03:18 [Zakim]
the conference code is 97762 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), MoZ
16:03:49 [Norm]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:03:49 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [ArborText], Norm, Vojtech
16:03:55 [Norm]
Zakim, [Arbor is PGrosso
16:03:55 [Zakim]
+PGrosso; got it
16:04:03 [Zakim]
16:04:08 [Zakim]
16:04:48 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has joined #xproc
16:05:28 [Norm]
Present: Paul, Norm, Vojtech, Mohamed, Alex
16:06:14 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
16:06:14 [Norm]
16:06:28 [Norm]
16:06:33 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
16:06:33 [Norm]
16:06:36 [Norm]
16:06:41 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: telcon, 04 Mar 2010?
16:06:51 [Norm]
No regrets heard.
16:07:12 [Norm]
Topic: xslt step with text output
16:07:17 [Norm]
16:07:48 [Norm]
Norm: I propose we close this without action.
16:07:50 [Norm]
16:08:02 [Norm]
Topic: Test suite: variable-005
16:08:11 [Norm]
16:08:45 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc
16:08:55 [ht]
zakim, please call ht-781
16:08:55 [Zakim]
ok, ht; the call is being made
16:08:57 [Zakim]
16:11:10 [Norm]
Vojtech: We now require a binding in p:xpath-context, so what does the sentence in 4.4 mean.
16:12:00 [Norm] says you need a default readable port.
16:12:13 [Norm]
Norm: Yes, I think an editorial change here makes sense, to explicitly note that the default readable port can be undefined
16:12:50 [Norm]
Proposal: Leave the status quo, with the editorial fix mentioned above.
16:13:03 [Norm]
16:13:12 [ht]
zakim, mute me
16:13:12 [Zakim]
Ht should now be muted
16:13:17 [Norm]
Topic: Test suite: err-s0004-005
16:13:26 [Norm]
16:14:26 [Norm]
Norm describes the issue.
16:14:36 [Norm]
Norm: I don't feel strongly about it.
16:14:43 [Norm]
Vojtech: We do a similar thing with parameter input port.
16:14:56 [Norm]
Norm: I concede that this a little inconsistent.
16:15:51 [Norm]
Proposal: Allow required='false' when select is used on p:option
16:17:09 [Norm]
Vojtech: This change will also simplify tools that build pipelines.
16:17:14 [Norm]
16:17:26 [Norm]
Topic: try-namespaces
16:17:37 [Norm]
16:18:53 [Norm]
Vojtech: In 2008, we decided to add "try-namespace"
16:19:17 [Norm]
Norm: Ok, it was editorial sloppiness then
16:19:42 [Norm]
Proposal: Fix the bug, change to try-namespace.
16:19:50 [Norm]
16:20:02 [Norm]
Topic: Namespace hint
16:20:10 [Norm]
16:21:03 [Norm]
Norm: What if the document element is in no namespace.
16:21:15 [Norm]
Vojtech: Just ignore the hint.
16:21:17 [Norm]
Norm: I agree.
16:21:22 [Norm]
Proposal: Ignore the hint.
16:21:37 [Norm]
16:22:10 [Norm]
Norm: And if there isn't a document there, that's ok true.
16:22:14 [Norm]
16:22:39 [Norm]
General agreement
16:22:54 [Norm]
Topic: Progress towards PR
16:23:12 [Norm]
16:23:25 [Norm]
-> ->
16:23:47 [Norm]
Norm: We're done!
16:23:50 [Norm]
Henry: Woo hoo!
16:26:25 [alexmilowski]
16:26:26 [Norm]
Norm: I assert that we have a complete test suite and two implementations of every relevant feature.
16:26:31 [Norm]
Paul: Congratulations.
16:26:50 [Norm]
Norm: I propose that we request transition to PR
16:27:01 [Norm]
16:27:55 [ht]
16:28:35 [Norm]
Norm: Henry, what are the next steps?
16:28:53 [Norm]
Henry: You put together a transition request, I review it, and you send it.
16:29:08 [Norm]
Paul: If you look at the draft transition request that I sent out for XLink 1.1, that should help.
16:29:42 [ht]
16:30:46 [Norm]
Topic: Any other business
16:31:06 [Norm]
None heard.
16:31:32 [Zakim]
16:31:33 [Zakim]
16:31:35 [Zakim]
16:31:35 [Zakim]
16:31:36 [Norm]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
16:31:37 [Zakim]
16:31:39 [Zakim]
16:31:40 [Norm]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:31:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Norm
16:31:41 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has ended
16:31:43 [Zakim]
Attendees were [ArborText], Norm, Vojtech, PGrosso, MoZ, Alex_Milows, Ht
16:32:43 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has left #xproc
16:36:14 [Norm]
I am opening a bottle of Champagne with dinner tonight!
16:39:23 [ht]
So, remind me (he says unkindly), what year was it we were going to finish in 1 of?
16:47:24 [Norm]
I think it might have been '08
16:52:18 [Norm]
If it was '07, I don't want to know.
18:16:02 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has left #xproc
18:30:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc