IRC log of xmlsec on 2010-02-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:48:58 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
14:48:58 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/02/16-xmlsec-irc
14:49:00 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs member
14:49:00 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xmlsec
14:49:02 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
14:49:02 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM scheduled to start in 11 minutes
14:49:03 [trackbot]
Meeting: XML Security Working Group Teleconference
14:49:03 [trackbot]
Date: 16 February 2010
14:49:25 [tlr]
tlr has changed the topic to: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0026.html
14:49:27 [tlr]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0026.html
14:49:28 [tlr]
Chair: tlr
14:49:31 [tlr]
Regrets: fjh
14:50:44 [brich]
brich has joined #xmlsec
14:55:44 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM has now started
14:55:51 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.286.aaaa
14:57:44 [scantor]
scantor has joined #xmlsec
15:00:32 [aldrin]
aldrin has joined #xmlsec
15:01:16 [Zakim]
+ +91.80.40.02.aabb
15:01:20 [jcruella]
jcruella has joined #xmlsec
15:01:56 [Zakim]
+ +1.614.288.aacc
15:02:09 [Zakim]
+Ed_Simon
15:02:12 [scantor]
zakim, aacc is scantor
15:02:12 [Zakim]
+scantor; got it
15:02:17 [scantor]
Present+ Scott_Cantor
15:02:25 [aldrin]
Present+ Aldrin_DSouza
15:02:37 [aldrin]
zakim, aabb is aldrin
15:02:38 [Zakim]
+aldrin; got it
15:03:11 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-781
15:03:13 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
15:03:15 [Zakim]
+Thomas
15:03:21 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:03:32 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:03:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see brich, aldrin, scantor, Ed_Simon, Thomas, [IPcaller]
15:04:52 [esimon2]
esimon2 has joined #xmlsec
15:04:57 [pdatta]
pdatta has joined #xmlsec
15:05:11 [jcruella]
[IPcaller] should be juan carlos
15:05:34 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.347.aadd
15:05:52 [pdatta]
zakim, aadd is pdatta
15:05:52 [Zakim]
+pdatta; got it
15:06:03 [pdatta]
Present+ Pratik_Datta
15:06:04 [bal]
bal has joined #xmlsec
15:06:24 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.726.aaee
15:06:32 [bal]
zakim, aaee is bal
15:06:32 [Zakim]
+bal; got it
15:06:50 [tlr]
Scribe: brich
15:07:05 [brich]
TOPIC: Administrivia
15:07:19 [tlr]
http://www.w3.org/2010/02/09-xmlsec-minutes.html
15:07:26 [brich]
Meeting NOT on March 16, 23
15:07:28 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: minutes from 9 Feb 2010 approved
15:07:40 [tlr]
topic: XML Signature 2.0 and Canonical XML 2.0 status
15:07:42 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.744.aaff
15:07:47 [tlr]
ack pdatta
15:07:56 [tlr]
zakim, aaff is hal
15:07:56 [Zakim]
+hal; got it
15:09:01 [jcruella]
zakim, [IPcaller] is jcruella
15:09:01 [Zakim]
+jcruella; got it
15:09:28 [brich]
Review of updates to Canonical XML 2.0
15:09:38 [brich]
All pseudocode in section 4
15:10:16 [pdatta]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/c14n-20/
15:10:54 [brich]
Reused text from 1.0, modified as necessary
15:12:30 [tlr]
ACTION: scantor to review C14N 2.0 draft - due 2010-03-16
15:12:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-519 - review C14N 2.0 draft [on Scott Cantor - due 2010-03-16].
15:13:24 [tlr]
ACTION: edsimon to review C14N 2.0 draft - due 2010-03-30
15:13:24 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - edsimon
15:13:32 [tlr]
ACTION-519 due 2010-03-30
15:13:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-519 review C14N 2.0 draft due date now 2010-03-30
15:14:08 [tlr]
ACTION: pdatta to circulate list of differences on xmlsec mailing list
15:14:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-520 - Circulate list of differences on xmlsec mailing list [on Pratik Datta - due 2010-02-23].
15:14:26 [tlr]
ACTION-520: (C14N 2.0 vs C14N 1.1)
15:14:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-520 Circulate list of differences on xmlsec mailing list notes added
15:14:46 [brich]
Section 2.3 differences, input model is inclusion/exclusion list
15:15:17 [Zakim]
-bal
15:15:44 [brich]
Simpler, don't have to worry about missing namespace nodes, etc
15:17:49 [Cynthia]
Cynthia has joined #xmlsec
15:18:14 [Cynthia]
running late, need a few minutes
15:18:25 [bal]
dialing back in now
15:18:37 [brich]
Moving away from xpath so have to more crisply define things without appealing to xpath specs
15:18:44 [Zakim]
+bal
15:18:53 [tlr]
zakim, mute bal
15:18:53 [Zakim]
bal should now be muted
15:19:11 [tlr]
bal, that sounded like you were sitting on your phone's keypad or something
15:19:16 [tlr]
q?
15:19:44 [bal]
tlr, no it was me giving the dial-in code to zakim
15:19:58 [bal]
didn't seem to take the first tme
15:21:06 [brich]
Section 2.4 is largely a copy from exc-c14n1.0
15:22:24 [brich]
Except...Exclusive only means for namespaces, not for xml ancestors
15:23:55 [brich]
Some "visibly utilized" changes
15:24:21 [Zakim]
+??P10
15:25:06 [brich]
Document traversal means predicable order of elements
15:25:15 [Cynthia]
This is Cynthia just dialed in
15:25:26 [tlr]
zakim, ??P10 is Cynthia
15:25:26 [Zakim]
+Cynthia; got it
15:27:02 [brich]
Present+ Bruce_Rich
15:28:30 [bal]
Present+ Brian_LaMacchia
15:28:44 [brich]
s/predicable/predictable
15:28:51 [Cynthia]
Present+ Cynthia_Martin
15:29:51 [esimon2]
Thanks Pratik.
15:29:53 [tlr]
topic: ECC update
15:29:55 [tlr]
tlr: none
15:30:09 [bal]
q+
15:30:11 [tlr]
ack bal
15:31:39 [tlr]
topic: Signature Properties
15:32:30 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0022.html
15:32:32 [brich]
Relationship between this and XADES, clarify?
15:32:33 [jcruella]
my reply http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0029.html
15:32:59 [jcruella]
For XML formats for advanced electronic signatures that incorporate relevant signed properties in business domains and remain valid over long periods, please refer to the [XADES] specification.
15:34:02 [bal]
q+
15:34:21 [tlr]
ack bal
15:37:25 [brich]
Possible concerns over a normative reference outside W3C...but informational reference was the intent
15:38:42 [tlr]
"The XAdES specification defines XML formats for advanced electronic signatures that remain valid over long periods, are compliant with the European Directive and incorporate additional useful information in common uses cases."
15:40:27 [brich]
jcruella: There is still overlap between XADES and Signature Properties, not just in usage but in particulars.
15:41:36 [Zakim]
-pdatta
15:41:49 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.575.aagg
15:42:12 [pdatta]
zakim, aagg is pdatta
15:42:12 [Zakim]
+pdatta; got it
15:43:47 [tlr]
"The XAdES specification defines signature property formats for advanced electronic signatures that remain valid over long periods, are compliant with the European Directive and incorporate additional useful information in common uses cases."
15:44:35 [tlr]
"The XAdES specification defines signature property formats for advanced electronic signatures that remain valid over long periods, are compliant with the European Directive."
15:44:51 [tlr]
"The XAdES specification defines signature property formats for advanced electronic signatures that remain valid over long periods, and are compliant with the European Directive."
15:45:00 [tlr]
jcruellas: first one is ok
15:45:08 [tlr]
tlr: so, this? "The XAdES specification defines signature property formats for advanced electronic signatures that remain valid over long periods, are compliant with the European Directive and incorporate additional useful information in common uses cases."
15:45:59 [brich]
bal: The most recent chat entry may be OK
15:47:37 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: wording accepted
15:48:39 [tlr]
action-518?
15:48:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-518 -- Juan Carlos Cruellas to draft email and check with tlr regarding it before sending -- due 2010-02-16 -- OPEN
15:48:39 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/518
15:48:46 [tlr]
action-518 closed
15:48:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-518 Draft email and check with tlr regarding it before sending closed
15:48:57 [tlr]
topic: KeyInfoReference
15:50:00 [tlr]
topic: xml Enc 1.21
15:50:03 [tlr]
s/1.21/1.1/
15:51:36 [tlr]
ACTION: thomas to check with EXI group on Type parameter
15:51:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-521 - Check with EXI group on Type parameter [on Thomas Roessler - due 2010-02-23].
15:51:45 [tlr]
action-511?
15:51:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-511 -- Thomas Roessler to propose next steps on media type registration (ISSUE-180) -- due 2010-02-16 -- OPEN
15:51:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/511
15:52:30 [tlr]
action-510 closed
15:52:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-510 Propose explanation of use of content vs. element in implementations closed
15:52:32 [tlr]
ACTION-515?
15:52:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-515 -- Aldrin J D'Souza to propose the schema addition for issue-186 -- due 2010-02-23 -- OPEN
15:52:33 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/515
15:52:59 [tlr]
aldrin: some review internally; hope to have update next week
15:54:32 [brich]
aldrin: schema extensions for additional markup per alg?
15:54:46 [tlr]
tlr: take to e-mail
15:55:08 [tlr]
topic: XML Signature 1.1 (last call comment from Scott)
15:55:38 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0019.html
15:56:12 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: Accept proposed Last Call change in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Feb/0019.html
15:56:52 [tlr]
action-485 closed
15:56:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-485 Review actions assigned to Konrad and summarize which can be closed and which need further action closed
15:57:11 [tlr]
ACTION-332 closed
15:57:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-332 Review wording http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Jun/0075.html closed
15:57:56 [tlr]
action-128 closed
15:57:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-128 document e-gov use cases closed
15:58:02 [tlr]
action-171 closed
15:58:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-171 Draft a proposal for canonicalization improvements closed
15:58:06 [tlr]
action-267 closed
15:58:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-267 Simplify canonicalization note closed
15:58:19 [tlr]
ACTION-13?
15:58:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-13 -- Konrad Lanz to review streaming using 2nd edition Signature -- due 2008-11-10 -- OPEN
15:58:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/13
15:59:32 [tlr]
action: pratik to review action-13 results
15:59:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-522 - Review action-13 results [on Pratik Datta - due 2010-02-23].
15:59:36 [tlr]
action-13 closed
15:59:36 [trackbot]
ACTION-13 Review streaming using 2nd edition Signature closed
16:01:11 [tlr]
action-238?
16:01:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-238 -- Konrad Lanz to update the proposal associated with ACTION-222 and send to list. -- due 2009-03-24 -- OPEN
16:01:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/238
16:01:29 [tlr]
action-238?
16:01:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-238 -- Thomas Roessler to update the proposal associated with ACTION-222 and send to list. -- due 2009-03-24 -- OPEN
16:01:29 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/238
16:01:42 [tlr]
ACTION-257?
16:01:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-257 -- Konrad Lanz to randomized Hashing (RMX) and Signing (RSA-PSS) provide a Proposal -- due 2009-04-14 -- OPEN
16:01:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/257
16:02:30 [tlr]
action-257 closed
16:02:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-257 Randomized Hashing (RMX) and Signing (RSA-PSS) provide a Proposal closed
16:02:47 [aldrin]
aldrin has joined #xmlsec
16:02:49 [tlr]
topic: roadmap review
16:02:50 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2010Feb/0018.html
16:04:20 [`aldrin]
`aldrin has joined #xmlsec
16:04:47 [Zakim]
-hal
16:04:54 [Zakim]
-Thomas
16:04:55 [Zakim]
-pdatta
16:04:56 [Zakim]
-aldrin
16:04:57 [tlr]
action-431 closed
16:04:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-431 Fix "they" in RFC2119 section throughout all documents closed
16:04:58 [Zakim]
-Cynthia
16:04:58 [Zakim]
-bal
16:05:00 [tlr]
action-485 closed
16:05:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-485 Review actions assigned to Konrad and summarize which can be closed and which need further action closed
16:05:00 [Zakim]
-brich
16:05:02 [tlr]
action-502 close
16:05:04 [tlr]
action-502 closed
16:05:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-502 Propose new model for RetrievalMethod in 2.0 closed
16:05:05 [Zakim]
-Ed_Simon
16:05:07 [Zakim]
-jcruella
16:05:08 [Zakim]
-scantor
16:05:08 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM has ended
16:05:08 [tlr]
action-505 closed
16:05:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-505 Update acknowledgements in Requirements 1.1 and 2.0, also for Signature Properties closed
16:05:10 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.512.286.aaaa, brich, +91.80.40.02.aabb, +1.614.288.aacc, Ed_Simon, scantor, aldrin, Thomas, +1.408.347.aadd, pdatta, +1.206.726.aaee, bal, +1.781.744.aaff, hal,
16:05:11 [tlr]
action-513 closed
16:05:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-513 Announce last call outside w3 closed
16:05:12 [Zakim]
... jcruella, Cynthia, +1.650.575.aagg
16:05:14 [tlr]
action-516 closed
16:05:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-516 Make last call comment and proposed change closed
16:05:23 [tlr]
action-517 closed
16:05:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-517 Provide proposed update to Signature Properties document closed
16:09:10 [brich]
zakim, list participants
16:09:10 [Zakim]
sorry, brich, I don't know what conference this is
16:09:37 [brich]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:09:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/16-xmlsec-minutes.html brich
16:10:50 [brich]
rrsagent, make log public
16:39:44 [tlr]
bruce, don't worry about the conversion from Word -- I've figured that out, finally. ;-)
16:44:54 [tlr]
ACTION: Ed to review C14N 2.0 draft - due 2010-03-30
16:44:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-523 - review C14N 2.0 draft [on Ed Simon - due 2010-03-30].
16:58:13 [pdatta]
pdatta has left #xmlsec
17:31:17 [brich]
rrsagent, generate minutes
17:31:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/16-xmlsec-minutes.html brich
18:26:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xmlsec