IRC log of ssn on 2010-02-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:43:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ssn
19:43:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-ssn-irc
19:43:25 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
19:43:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ssn
19:43:27 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7769
19:43:27 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see INC_SSN()3:00PM scheduled to start in 17 minutes
19:43:28 [trackbot]
Meeting: Semantic Sensor Network Incubator Group Teleconference
19:43:28 [trackbot]
Date: 10 February 2010
19:43:37 [Holger]
Regrets: Payam, Kevin, Manfred
19:43:45 [Holger]
agenda+ Roll call
19:43:53 [Holger]
agenda+ Actions from last meeting
19:44:01 [Holger]
agenda+ What happened in Dagstuhl?
19:44:10 [Holger]
agenda+ Next steps for SSN Ontology
19:44:17 [Holger]
agenda+ AOB
19:44:24 [Holger]
Chair: Holger
19:52:07 [kerry]
kerry has joined #ssn
19:52:17 [Zakim]
INC_SSN()3:00PM has now started
19:52:26 [Zakim]
+ +61.2.925.3.aaaa
19:52:44 [Holger]
zakim, +61.2.925.3.aaaa is me
19:52:44 [Zakim]
+Holger; got it
19:52:52 [Holger]
zakim, mute me
19:52:52 [Zakim]
sorry, Holger, muting is not permitted when only one person is present
19:54:34 [krzysztof_j]
krzysztof_j has joined #ssn
19:57:32 [Zakim]
+ +61.4.097.8.aabb
19:57:48 [Holger]
zakim, mute me
19:57:48 [Zakim]
Holger should now be muted
19:57:53 [rgarcia]
rgarcia has joined #ssn
19:58:29 [kerry]
zakim, +61.4.097.8.aabb is me
19:58:29 [Zakim]
+kerry; got it
19:58:43 [Holger]
zakim, unmute me
19:58:43 [Zakim]
Holger should no longer be muted
19:59:23 [Arthur]
Arthur has joined #ssn
19:59:50 [laurent_oz]
laurent_oz has joined #ssn
20:00:08 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:00:31 [rgarcia]
zakim, ??P5 is me
20:00:31 [Zakim]
+rgarcia; got it
20:00:38 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:01:03 [Arthur]
zakim, IPcaller is me
20:01:03 [Zakim]
+Arthur; got it
20:01:56 [Holger]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:01:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Holger, kerry, rgarcia, Arthur
20:03:04 [Zakim]
+??P0
20:03:20 [laurent_oz]
+??P0 is laurent_oz
20:04:25 [Zakim]
+??P1
20:04:33 [krzysztof_j]
zkim, ??P1 is me
20:04:51 [Arthur]
zakim, ??P0 is laurent_oz
20:04:51 [Zakim]
+laurent_oz; got it
20:05:02 [krzysztof_j]
zakim, ??P1 is me
20:05:02 [Zakim]
+krzysztof_j; got it
20:07:40 [Holger]
agenda?
20:08:27 [michael]
michael has joined #ssn
20:09:20 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:09:46 [michael]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
20:09:46 [Zakim]
+michael; got it
20:10:32 [Holger]
ScibeNick: rgarcia
20:11:07 [rgarcia]
Topic: 6-month extension
20:11:32 [rgarcia]
Kerry: No reply yet, she will ask again
20:12:34 [rgarcia]
Topic: Extending the ontology: observation as record and observation as event
20:13:07 [rgarcia]
Alignment of ontology to DOLCE
20:14:16 [rgarcia]
ACTION: Krzystof present the alignment to DOLCE next week
20:14:16 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Krzystof
20:14:46 [laurent_oz]
+q
20:15:06 [Holger]
ack laurent_oz
20:16:09 [kerry]
+q
20:16:10 [Arthur]
+q
20:16:13 [rgarcia]
Laurent: Do we want to include actuators (and the issue of control) in the ontology?
20:16:22 [Holger]
ack kerry
20:17:49 [kerry]
-q
20:18:02 [Holger]
ack Arthur
20:18:50 [rgarcia]
Arthur: Not sure if to include actuators: they are an output of agents or robots and sensors are an input
20:18:57 [michael]
+q
20:19:17 [Holger]
ack michael
20:19:18 [rgarcia]
Arthur: the relationship sensor-actuator must be investigated further
20:20:19 [michael]
I'll submit an issue for it
20:20:25 [laurent_oz]
+q
20:20:33 [Holger]
ack laurent_oz
20:21:58 [michael]
+q
20:22:13 [Holger]
ack michael
20:22:32 [rgarcia]
Laurent: What are our expectations for coverage? We started with the CSIRO ontology with covers a lot of concepts and now are in a consensus process starting from a small core
20:24:24 [kerry]
+q
20:24:32 [rgarcia]
Michael: <enumerates the differences between the CSIRO and current ontologies>
20:25:37 [michael]
I'll ad a list
20:25:48 [Holger]
ack kerry
20:26:17 [laurent_oz]
+q
20:26:19 [michael]
accuracy, location, physical properties (weight, materials, power, etc), results, deployments,
20:26:20 [rgarcia]
Kerry: we should be driven by the use cases
20:26:24 [Holger]
ack laurent_oz
20:26:29 [michael]
platforms
20:27:02 [michael]
manufacturer, logistics
20:27:15 [rgarcia]
but, nevertheless, we can go in different directions in the development
20:27:16 [kerry]
-q
20:27:29 [michael]
results (conditions, latency, expressions ...)
20:27:56 [michael]
+q
20:28:04 [Holger]
ack michael
20:30:03 [rgarcia]
Michael: It would be useful to extend the expressive power of the ontology
20:37:16 [rgarcia]
ACTION: Michael will make a proposal to include measurement, device properties and accuracy in the current ontology (with help from others if needed)
20:37:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-7 - Will make a proposal to include measurement, device properties and accuracy in the current ontology (with help from others if needed) [on Michael Compton - due 2010-02-17].
20:38:23 [rgarcia]
Michael: we can get ideas from MMI
20:39:50 [Arthur]
Michael was a bit hard to understand (bad sound quality)
20:40:20 [rgarcia]
ACTION: Kerry will take care of the device part
20:40:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-8 - Will take care of the device part [on Kerry Taylor - due 2010-02-17].
20:40:54 [michael]
+q
20:41:13 [Holger]
ack michael
20:43:20 [rgarcia]
Krzysztof: The alignment to DOLCE should not provoke big changes in the ontology
20:44:51 [rgarcia]
trackbot-ng, comment action-7 Michael will cover just accuracy
20:44:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-7 Will make a proposal to include measurement, device properties and accuracy in the current ontology (with help from others if needed) notes added
20:45:38 [Zakim]
+ +1.937.775.aacc
20:46:14 [AmitS]
AmitS has joined #ssn
20:46:36 [rgarcia]
Kerry: asks for volunteers to draft the ontology report
20:48:15 [rgarcia]
Kerry: other reports are needed besides the XG report, even if the final report summarizes all the work
20:49:00 [rgarcia]
Kerry: we must not replicate content to avoid inconsistency in reports
20:49:14 [laurent_oz]
+Q
20:49:21 [rgarcia]
Topic: AOB
20:49:29 [Holger]
ack laurent_oz
20:51:08 [rgarcia]
Laurent: In the semantic markup deliverable, we are not defining new annotation schemas, we are proposing the best practices to annotate
20:51:38 [rgarcia]
Laurent: In some cases we are defining new annotations and in other we aren't
20:52:53 [rgarcia]
Topic: Dagstuhl
20:53:14 [rgarcia]
Amit: The seminar was very good. Materials are online: http://www.dagstuhl.de/Materials/index.en.phtml?10042
20:53:40 [rgarcia]
Amit: Discussions were complementary to the ones in our group
20:54:29 [rgarcia]
Amit: Questions were performed about the ontology we are developing and its intended use
20:55:28 [krzysztof_j]
what will the book be about (in terms of a special topic)
20:57:43 [rgarcia]
Amit: The topic is semantic sensor networks
21:00:02 [rgarcia]
Amit: invites people to submit high-quality research
21:00:32 [krzysztof_j]
bye bye
21:00:36 [Zakim]
- +1.937.775.aacc
21:00:37 [Zakim]
-krzysztof_j
21:00:39 [Zakim]
-rgarcia
21:00:40 [Zakim]
-kerry
21:00:42 [Zakim]
-Holger
21:00:45 [Zakim]
-Arthur
21:00:47 [Arthur]
Arthur has left #ssn
21:00:53 [Zakim]
-laurent_oz
21:00:53 [Holger]
zakim, bye
21:00:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ssn
21:00:54 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Holger, kerry, rgarcia, Arthur, laurent_oz, krzysztof_j, michael, +1.937.775.aacc
21:01:02 [Holger]
rrsagent, make log public
21:01:10 [Holger]
rrsagent, draft minutes
21:01:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-ssn-minutes.html Holger
21:01:31 [Holger]
rrsagent, bye
21:01:31 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-ssn-actions.rdf :
21:01:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Krzystof present the alignment to DOLCE next week [1]
21:01:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-ssn-irc#T20-14-16
21:01:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael will make a proposal to include measurement, device properties and accuracy in the current ontology (with help from others if needed) [2]
21:01:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-ssn-irc#T20-37-16
21:01:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kerry will take care of the device part [3]
21:01:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/10-ssn-irc#T20-40-20