IRC log of wai-wcag on 2010-02-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:57:56 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:57:56 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/02/04-wai-wcag-irc
20:57:58 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:57:58 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
20:58:00 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:58:00 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
20:58:01 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:58:01 [trackbot]
Date: 04 February 2010
20:58:22 [MichaelC]
zakim, call cooper-mit
20:58:22 [Zakim]
ok, MichaelC; the call is being made
20:58:23 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
20:58:24 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:59:03 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:32 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.415.aaaa - is perhaps Bruce_Bailey
21:00:10 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.443 is Bruce_Bailey
21:00:10 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named '+1.443'
21:00:20 [MichaelC]
zakim, Bruce is Bruce_Bailey
21:00:20 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
21:00:30 [awk1]
awk1 has joined #WAI-WCAG
21:00:54 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
21:01:48 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:58 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:03:33 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:04:05 [Zakim]
+??P8
21:04:13 [Ben]
zakim, ??P8 is Ben_Caldwell
21:04:13 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
21:06:00 [Ben]
agenda?
21:06:35 [Ben]
agenda+ Flash Techniques for 28 Jan 2010 - Part 1
21:06:43 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
21:06:43 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Flash Techniques for 28 Jan 2010 - Part 1" taken up [from Ben]
21:07:07 [Ben]
Topic: Specifying accessible names for image buttons
21:07:17 [Ben]
agenda+ Flash Techniques for 28 Jan 2010 - Part 2
21:07:25 [Ben]
agenda+ Flash Techniques for 28 Jan 2010 - Part 3
21:16:30 [Ben]
ACTION: akirkpat1 to review example and test files and save files to maximize backward compatibility
21:16:30 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - akirkpat1
21:17:35 [awk1]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Specifying_accessible_name_for_image_buttons Need to add new example 1 (move current to Example 2) and strip down Example 1 to be non-dynamic button.
21:18:08 [Ben]
Action: awk to add new example 1 (move current to Example 2) and strip down Example 1 to be non-dynamic button to http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Specifying_accessible_name_for_image_buttons
21:18:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-71 - add new example 1 (move current to Example 2) and strip down Example 1 to be non-dynamic button to http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Specifying_accessible_name_for_image_buttons [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2010-02-11].
21:19:16 [Ben]
ACTION: awk to review example and test files and save files to maximize backward compatibility
21:19:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-72 - Review example and test files and save files to maximize backward compatibility [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2010-02-11].
21:20:19 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:21:13 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Provisionally accept technique pending ACTION-72.
21:22:55 [MichaelC]
Techniques ready to be ported to XML should have "[[Category: Ready for XML]]" in the wiki source
21:23:07 [Ben]
Note: Techniques ready to be ported to XML should have "[[Category: Ready for XML]]" in the wiki source
21:23:14 [awk1]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Specify_caption_text_for_a_grid_component
21:23:34 [Ben]
Topic: Specifying accessible names for image buttons
21:24:16 [Ben]
TOPIC: Specify caption text for a DataGrid
21:26:20 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
21:34:14 [Ben]
ACTION: awk to restructure example 1 to make it easier to understand (http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Specifing_caption_text_for_a_DataGrid)
21:34:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-73 - Restructure example 1 to make it easier to understand (http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Specifing_caption_text_for_a_DataGrid) [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2010-02-11].
21:47:05 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Provisionally accepted pending ACTION-73.
21:47:37 [Ben]
TOPIC: Using language attribute on the Flash object
22:07:17 [Loretta]
Check that the human language of the content of the element is the same as the inherited language for the element as specified in HTML 4.01, Inheritance of language codes
22:08:41 [Loretta]
Check that the human language of the Flash content of the element is the same as the inherited language for the object element as specified in HTML 4.01, Inheritance of language codes
22:15:32 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:19:09 [MichaelC]
issue: "The object element only requires fallback if you are not relying on the loaded technology. This may be confusing, so should clarify somewhere."
22:19:09 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-1 - "The object element only requires fallback if you are not relying on the loaded technology. This may be confusing, so should clarify somewhere." ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/1/edit .
22:19:45 [MichaelC]
issue: Many of the techniques assume you're relying on specific technologies, but aren't explicit. Need to take a pass through to harmonize approach.
22:19:45 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-2 - Many of the techniques assume you're relying on specific technologies, but aren't explicit. Need to take a pass through to harmonize approach. ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/2/edit .
22:22:44 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as modified. (new title: Using HTML language attributes to specify language in Flash content)
22:24:22 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
22:24:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Cooper, Bruce_Bailey.a, David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Ben_Caldwell, Tim_Boland
22:24:29 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:24:40 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey.a
22:24:55 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:25:46 [awk1]
awk1 has left #WAI-WCAG
22:27:20 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:27:21 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:27:21 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
22:27:22 [Zakim]
Attendees were Cooper, +1.443.415.aaaa, Bruce_Bailey, David_MacDonald, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Ben_Caldwell, Tim_Boland
22:30:25 [MichaelC]
trackbot, end meeting
22:30:25 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
22:30:25 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
22:30:26 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
22:30:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/04-wai-wcag-minutes.html trackbot
22:30:27 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
22:30:27 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/04-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:30:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: akirkpat1 to review example and test files and save files to maximize backward compatibility [1]
22:30:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/04-wai-wcag-irc#T21-16-30
22:30:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: awk to add new example 1 (move current to Example 2) and strip down Example 1 to be non-dynamic button to http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Specifying_accessible_name_for_image_buttons [2]
22:30:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/04-wai-wcag-irc#T21-18-08
22:30:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: awk to review example and test files and save files to maximize backward compatibility [3]
22:30:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/04-wai-wcag-irc#T21-19-16
22:30:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: awk to restructure example 1 to make it easier to understand (http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Specifing_caption_text_for_a_DataGrid) [4]
22:30:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/04-wai-wcag-irc#T21-34-14
22:31:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
22:31:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/02/04-wai-wcag-irc
22:32:00 [MichaelC]
scribe: Ben
22:32:06 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:32:13 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
22:32:23 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log public
22:32:26 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
22:32:26 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items