IRC log of dap on 2010-02-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:57:19 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
14:57:19 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:57:21 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:57:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
14:57:22 [tlr]
trackbot, summon
14:57:23 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
14:57:23 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see UW_DAP()10:00AM already started
14:57:24 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
14:57:24 [trackbot]
Date: 03 February 2010
14:57:24 [trackbot]
Sorry, tlr, I don't understand 'trackbot, summon'. Please refer to for help
14:57:32 [Zakim]
14:57:48 [darobin]
Present+ Robin_Berjon
14:57:54 [darobin]
Present+ Dzung_Tran
14:57:59 [darobin]
Present+ Marco_Marengo
14:58:03 [darobin]
Present+ Brad_Lassey
14:58:12 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
14:58:22 [darobin]
Regrets: Frederick, Suresh
14:58:30 [darobin]
Regrets+ Dom
14:59:21 [Zakim]
14:59:51 [Zakim]
14:59:56 [Zakim]
14:59:59 [arve]
arve has joined #dap
15:00:01 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
15:00:02 [darobin]
Zakim, ??P24 is me
15:00:03 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
15:00:10 [arve]
zakim, who is here?
15:00:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +39.011.228.aaaa, [Mozilla], AnssiK, arve, maxf, darobin
15:00:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Claes, arve, Zakim, RRSAgent, AnssiK, Dzung_Tran, marengo, darobin, tlr, maxf, shepazu, Marcos, blassey, ilkka, dom, trackbot
15:00:17 [tlr]
will be ca 10min late
15:00:25 [marengo]
Zakim, +39.011.228.aaaa is me
15:00:25 [Zakim]
+marengo; got it
15:00:42 [marengo]
Zakim, mute me
15:00:42 [Zakim]
marengo should now be muted
15:01:07 [jmorris]
jmorris has joined #dap
15:01:57 [Zakim]
15:02:10 [darobin]
Regrets+ Marcin
15:02:25 [Claes]
Present+ Claes_Nilsson
15:02:51 [nwidell]
nwidell has joined #dap
15:03:00 [Zakim]
15:03:31 [nwidell]
Present+ Niklas_Widell
15:03:49 [darobin]
Scribe Marco Marengo
15:03:52 [darobin]
15:03:54 [darobin]
Scribe: Marco Marengo
15:04:00 [darobin]
ScribeNick: marengo
15:04:12 [Zakim]
15:04:48 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
15:04:57 [marengo]
Topic: Announcements
15:04:58 [richt]
Present+ Richard_Tibbett
15:05:05 [marengo]
drobin: sysinfo has been published
15:05:25 [marengo]
.. any plans for implementation?
15:05:46 [marengo]
Topic: minutes approval
15:05:53 [darobin]
15:06:02 [marengo]
minutes approved
15:06:09 [marengo]
Topic: Policy Discussion
15:06:31 [marengo]
drobin: Frederick asks to review the action items from last week
15:06:42 [marengo]
... many people are not on the call
15:06:57 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.581.aabb
15:07:35 [darobin]
15:07:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-77 -- John Morris to provide a discussion of requirements for privacy -- due 2010-01-19 -- OPEN
15:07:35 [trackbot]
15:08:12 [marengo]
jmorris: ongoing work, need more time (cannot provide by next week)
15:09:06 [marengo]
darobin: let's not discuss requirements FPWD without Frederick
15:09:08 [jmorris]
zakim, aabb is jmorris
15:09:08 [Zakim]
+jmorris; got it
15:09:32 [darobin]
15:10:11 [marengo]
darobin: document is not complete. Feel free to give feedback
15:10:13 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to see with Frederick about a possible CfC for FPWD of policy-reqs
15:10:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-93 - See with Frederick about a possible CfC for FPWD of policy-reqs [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-02-10].
15:10:38 [marengo]
darobin: discussion on security in Contacts API
15:11:13 [marengo]
richt: we need to do more on the privacy of contacts
15:11:34 [maxf]
zakim, mute me
15:11:34 [Zakim]
maxf should now be muted
15:12:39 [marengo]
darobin: two aspects: access to subsets of contacts, propagation
15:12:52 [marengo]
darobin: let's keep those issues separate
15:13:27 [Zakim]
15:13:57 [marengo]
richt: does not apply just Contacts, should be handled in security and privacy
15:14:13 [marengo]
Topic: API
15:14:20 [Ingmar]
Ingmar has joined #dap
15:14:34 [maxf]
zakim, unmute me
15:14:34 [Zakim]
maxf should no longer be muted
15:14:36 [marengo]
darobin: next steps in terms of system api?
15:15:03 [marengo]
maxf: obvious step is waiting for feedback.
15:15:14 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-781
15:15:14 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
15:15:15 [Zakim]
15:15:22 [marengo]
maxf: it may overlap with other specs
15:15:25 [tlr]
Present+ ThomasRoessler
15:16:46 [marengo]
darobin: we're interested in knowing if the LREST approach works
15:17:11 [maxf]
zakim, mute me
15:17:11 [Zakim]
maxf should now be muted
15:17:24 [marengo]
richt: lots of feedback on Calendar
15:19:28 [marengo]
darobin: huge discussion on File APIs
15:19:46 [richt]
richt: I will summarize if WebIDL Date object will be suitable for the Calendar API. Currently we have adopted HTML5 date and time but something less crazy to use would be great.
15:20:06 [richt]
s/less crazy to use/less stringified
15:20:14 [maxf]
15:20:21 [darobin]
ack maxf
15:20:35 [marengo]
maxf: any feedback on Messaging?
15:21:18 [marengo]
darobin: no real feedback on it.
15:22:30 [marengo]
darobin: niklas, do you need help with the editing?
15:23:41 [marengo]
nwidell: daniel coloma has also volunteered to help
15:23:52 [marengo]
darobin: any other volunteers?
15:24:28 [marengo]
maxf: would like to help
15:24:57 [Zakim]
15:24:59 [Zakim]
15:25:00 [Zakim]
15:25:02 [Zakim]
15:25:03 [Zakim]
15:25:03 [Zakim]
15:25:05 [Zakim]
15:25:05 [Zakim]
15:25:06 [Zakim]
15:25:07 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has left #dap
15:25:09 [Zakim]
15:25:12 [Zakim]
15:25:14 [darobin]
marengo, thanks for the minutes! you picked the right week :)
15:25:21 [Zakim]
15:25:21 [darobin]
RRSAgent, make minutes
15:25:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate darobin
15:25:22 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
15:25:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were [Mozilla], AnssiK, arve, maxf, darobin, marengo, claes, richt, nwidell, +1.301.581.aabb, jmorris, Ingmar, Thomas
15:25:41 [darobin]
RRSAgent, make minutes public
15:25:41 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', darobin. Try /msg RRSAgent help
15:26:00 [darobin]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:26:06 [darobin]
RRSAgent, make minutes
15:26:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate darobin