IRC log of ssn on 2010-02-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:44:40 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ssn
19:44:40 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/02/02-ssn-irc
19:44:42 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
19:44:42 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ssn
19:44:44 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7769
19:44:44 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see INC_SSN()3:00PM scheduled to start in 16 minutes
19:44:45 [trackbot]
Meeting: Semantic Sensor Network Incubator Group Teleconference
19:44:45 [trackbot]
Date: 02 February 2010
19:45:04 [Holger]
Regrets: Luis
19:45:12 [Holger]
agenda+ Roll call
19:45:21 [Holger]
agenda+ Actions from last meeting
19:45:28 [Holger]
agenda+ XG Report-Charter-etc.
19:45:37 [Holger]
agenda+ What happened in Dagstuhl?
19:45:43 [Holger]
agenda+ Next steps for SSN Ontology
19:45:49 [Holger]
agenda+ AOB
19:45:55 [Holger]
Chair: Holger
19:49:24 [Danh_DERI]
Danh_DERI has joined #ssn
19:53:31 [Zakim]
INC_SSN()3:00PM has now started
19:53:38 [Zakim]
+??P6
19:53:49 [Holger]
zakim, ??P6 is me
19:53:49 [Zakim]
+Holger; got it
19:55:36 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
19:55:51 [Payam]
Zakim, IPcaller is me
19:55:51 [Zakim]
+Payam; got it
19:57:42 [kerry]
kerry has joined #ssn
19:58:24 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.662.aaaa
19:58:30 [Arthur]
Arthur has joined #ssn
19:58:46 [Manfred_DERI]
Manfred_DERI has joined #ssn
19:58:54 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
19:58:57 [kelsey]
kelsey has joined #ssn
19:59:49 [krp]
krp has joined #ssn
20:00:07 [Zakim]
+AdrianP
20:00:34 [krzysztof_j]
krzysztof_j has joined #ssn
20:00:47 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
20:01:13 [Arthur]
zakim, IPcaller.a is me
20:01:13 [Zakim]
+Arthur; got it
20:01:34 [Zakim]
+??P10
20:01:45 [krzysztof_j]
zakim, ??P10 is me
20:01:45 [Zakim]
+krzysztof_j; got it
20:01:56 [kerry]
kerry has joined #ssn
20:01:56 [Manfred_DERI]
zakim, who is here?
20:01:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Holger, Payam, +1.206.662.aaaa, [IPcaller], AdrianP, Arthur, krzysztof_j
20:01:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see kerry, krzysztof_j, krp, kelsey, Manfred_DERI, Arthur, Danh_DERI, Zakim, RRSAgent, Holger, Payam, trackbot
20:02:26 [Manfred_DERI]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
20:02:26 [Zakim]
+Manfred_DERI; got it
20:02:45 [Zakim]
+krp
20:03:13 [cory]
cory has joined #ssn
20:03:16 [michael]
michael has joined #ssn
20:03:18 [kelsey]
zakim, +1.206.662.aaaa is me
20:03:18 [Zakim]
+kelsey; got it
20:03:27 [Manfred_DERI]
i may have to leave early today (and possibly abrupt) - 2 sick kids ...
20:03:38 [Manfred_DERI]
sorry
20:03:50 [Holger]
not a problem
20:04:13 [laurent_oz]
laurent_oz has joined #ssn
20:04:13 [Zakim]
+??P12
20:04:14 [Zakim]
+??P13
20:04:35 [michael]
zakim, ??P12 is me
20:04:35 [Zakim]
+michael; got it
20:04:36 [Zakim]
+Prateek
20:05:10 [kerry]
zakim, ??P13 is me
20:05:10 [Zakim]
+kerry; got it
20:05:44 [Holger]
agenda?
20:05:47 [cory]
zakim, Prateek is me
20:05:52 [Zakim]
+cory; got it
20:06:12 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:07:33 [laurent_oz]
[IPcaller] is laurent_oz
20:07:53 [Holger]
ScribeNick: kelsey
20:13:16 [kelsey2]
kelsey2 has joined #ssn
20:14:48 [Holger]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/charter#deliverables
20:14:52 [kelsey2]
Holger, lost my irc connection under kelsey (currently scribe) and am reconnected under kelsey2
20:15:01 [Holger]
ScribeNick: kelsey2
20:15:23 [krp]
2. How mappings can be constructed both from these ontolgies to existing standards and from suitably annotated documents complying with existing standards to the ontologies.
20:22:56 [krp]
+q
20:24:07 [Holger]
ack krp
20:25:01 [kelsey2]
Topic: discussion of 2nd deliverable: leave as-is, remove, re-write (also discussion re: "harmonizing", see mailing list).
20:25:46 [laurent_oz]
See also http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/The_Report_in_Progress#Deliverables
20:28:02 [kelsey3]
kelsey3 has joined #ssn
20:28:23 [kelsey3]
Holger, back again as kelsey3
20:28:48 [Holger]
ScribeNick: kelsey3
20:28:50 [michael]
+q
20:29:05 [Holger]
ack michael
20:29:31 [krzysztof_j]
ack
20:31:34 [Holger]
vote on option 'do not change wording of del 2'
20:31:55 [Payam]
-1
20:31:56 [krp]
-1
20:31:56 [Holger]
-1
20:31:58 [kelsey3]
-1
20:31:59 [michael]
-1
20:32:00 [Manfred_DERI]
-1
20:32:00 [cory]
-1
20:32:01 [kerry]
-1
20:32:05 [Danh_DERI]
-1
20:32:09 [laurent_oz]
0
20:32:15 [krzysztof_j]
0
20:32:50 [Holger]
vote on option 'delete del 2'
20:33:05 [krp]
What is the deliverable (specifically) in "demonstrate"?
20:36:14 [krp]
So in the latter demonstrate = document (ok)
20:37:13 [Holger]
vote on option 'delete del 2'
20:37:25 [krzysztof_j]
-1
20:37:27 [Payam]
-1
20:37:29 [krp]
-1
20:37:31 [michael]
-1
20:37:32 [laurent_oz]
-1
20:37:33 [cory]
-1
20:37:34 [Arthur]
-1
20:37:35 [kerry]
-1
20:37:36 [Holger]
-1
20:37:40 [Danh_DERI]
-1
20:37:48 [Manfred_DERI]
-1
20:38:46 [kelsey3]
kelsey3 has left #ssn
20:38:52 [Payam]
I can do this
20:38:52 [kelsey3]
kelsey3 has joined #ssn
20:39:03 [Manfred_DERI]
thanks!
20:39:07 [Holger]
ScribeNick: Payam
20:39:36 [Payam]
we decided to change the wording for deliverable 2
20:39:42 [Payam]
and we decided not to delet it
20:40:17 [Payam]
option3: demonstrate its relationships to OGC sensor web enablement standards
20:40:51 [kelsey4]
kelsey4 has joined #ssn
20:40:56 [Payam]
Kerry: this very close to what we are currently doing
20:41:21 [krzysztof_j]
(maybe "investigate" instead of "demonstrate" as demonstrate sound like having many examples, demos,....)
20:41:38 [krp]
Demonstrating the relationship to OGC SWE doesn't preclude demonstrating the relationship to anything else or more specific... just sets our minimum... so good to keep it open like this
20:41:49 [Payam]
Kerry: to use the word demonstrate
20:41:57 [krzysztof_j]
+q
20:42:03 [krp]
(and yes, krzysztof, demonstrate comes across the same to me)
20:42:28 [Payam]
Holger: demostrating the relationships with examples?
20:42:39 [Manfred_DERI]
investigate sounds very weak to me without us expecting a clear outcome
20:42:59 [Payam]
Kerry: no, using examples plus using referencing to other standards and documenting where the terms and concepts come from
20:42:59 [Manfred_DERI]
i.e., no commitment
20:43:05 [krp]
Also think it's good to keep this distinct from the annotation in the 3rd deliverable.
20:43:24 [Holger]
ack krzysztof_j
20:44:05 [Payam]
krzysztof_j: Demonstrate may be an application oriented context, e.g a prototype
20:44:05 [krp]
Document? (though of course, that comes from the context of being in a document!)
20:44:09 [Manfred_DERI]
+q
20:44:35 [Holger]
ack Manfred_DERI
20:44:46 [krzysztof_j]
and how do you show?
20:45:01 [krp]
with a mapping? ;)
20:45:05 [krzysztof_j]
;-)
20:45:09 [Payam]
Manfred: Demonstrate is showing the approach showing that it works not nessaccerily providing an implmentation
20:45:43 [Payam]
Manfred: we don not need to do a formal evaluation
20:46:01 [Manfred_DERI]
-q
20:46:42 [Payam]
Manfred: evaluate will be too formal
20:47:14 [Manfred_DERI]
also weak, IMHO
20:47:42 [Manfred_DERI]
+q
20:47:58 [Holger]
ack Manfred_DERI
20:48:16 [Payam]
descibe would be a weak terminology
20:48:25 [Payam]
What about illustrate?
20:48:48 [krzysztof_j]
ack
20:48:52 [Manfred_DERI]
+1
20:48:54 [krp]
+1
20:49:22 [Payam]
now we have suggestions to use words "demonstrate" or "illustrate"
20:51:02 [Payam]
voting on "illustrate", "describe", "demonstrate", "document", "investigate",
20:51:08 [Payam]
"evaluate"
20:52:45 [Payam]
we have a vonte on illustrate and demonstrate:
20:52:53 [Payam]
the proposal is illusatrate
20:53:02 [Payam]
ye
20:53:02 [krzysztof_j]
+1 (illustrate)
20:53:04 [krp]
+1
20:53:05 [Manfred_DERI]
+1
20:53:06 [cory]
+1
20:53:07 [Payam]
+1
20:53:07 [michael]
0
20:53:10 [Arthur]
+1
20:53:13 [Danh_DERI]
+1(illustrate)
20:53:14 [Holger]
0
20:53:21 [laurent_oz]
0
20:53:52 [Payam]
the word will be "illustrate"
20:54:35 [Payam]
The phrase is "illustrates it relationships to OGC Sensor Web Enablement standards
20:54:42 [michael]
+1
20:54:53 [Payam]
"illustrates itsw relationships to OGC Sensor Web Enablement standards
20:54:53 [michael]
...it's
20:55:03 [michael]
sorry 'its'
20:55:14 [Manfred_DERI]
+1
20:55:19 [Payam]
+1
20:55:54 [Payam]
we are voting on " illustrates its relationships to OGC Sensor Web Enablement standards
20:56:03 [Manfred_DERI]
+1
20:56:03 [krzysztof_j]
+1
20:56:03 [Arthur]
+1
20:56:04 [krp]
+1
20:56:04 [Danh_DERI]
+1
20:56:05 [cory]
+1
20:56:05 [Payam]
+1
20:56:06 [michael]
+1
20:56:09 [laurent_oz]
0
20:56:09 [Holger]
+1
20:56:11 [kerry]
+1
20:56:48 [Payam]
we agreed on the phrase: " illustrates its relationships to OGC Sensor Web Enablement standards
20:57:09 [Payam]
we now discuss how long to extend
20:57:38 [Payam]
we are voting on:
20:58:12 [kelsey4]
kelsey4 has left #ssn
20:58:21 [kelsey4]
kelsey4 has joined #ssn
20:58:28 [Payam]
we request WC3 to extend the term of the Incubator group
20:58:52 [Holger]
+1
20:58:54 [Payam]
let's vote:
20:58:57 [Payam]
+1
20:58:57 [kerry]
+1
20:58:58 [krp]
+1
20:58:58 [Arthur]
+1
20:58:59 [krzysztof_j]
+1
20:58:59 [Manfred_DERI]
+1`
20:59:00 [cory]
+1
20:59:01 [Danh_DERI]
0
20:59:15 [laurent_oz]
+1
20:59:32 [Payam]
We agreed to request for an extention
20:59:56 [Payam]
the 2nd issue: how long to extend to
21:00:18 [Payam]
Kerry: 6 month?
21:00:20 [laurent_oz]
+q
21:00:22 [Payam]
months
21:00:23 [Manfred_DERI]
I am not sure if we will get 6 months
21:00:41 [Manfred_DERI]
did other XGs get 6 months?
21:00:56 [Holger]
ack laurent_oz
21:01:17 [Manfred_DERI]
if we want 6 months we have to provide a clear time plan IMHO
21:02:27 [Payam]
Kerry: we can apply for a 4 to 6 months extention
21:03:02 [Payam]
+q
21:03:04 [Manfred_DERI]
+q
21:03:21 [Manfred_DERI]
-q
21:03:38 [Manfred_DERI]
ok, that sounds ok then
21:03:58 [Holger]
ack Payam
21:04:21 [Payam]
sounds ok
21:05:15 [Payam]
voting on 6 months extention
21:05:17 [kelsey4]
kelsey4 has left #ssn
21:05:19 [kelsey4]
kelsey4 has joined #ssn
21:05:30 [Payam]
+1
21:05:33 [Danh_DERI]
+1
21:05:34 [Manfred_DERI]
+1
21:05:35 [Arthur]
+1
21:05:36 [krp]
+1
21:05:36 [cory]
+1
21:05:38 [Holger]
+1
21:05:38 [kerry]
+1
21:05:38 [krzysztof_j]
+1
21:05:46 [michael]
+1
21:05:53 [laurent_oz]
+1
21:06:05 [Payam]
We agreed to request for a 6 months extention
21:06:36 [Payam]
Action: Kerry will bring it forward to W3C
21:06:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-5 - Will bring it forward to W3C [on Kerry Taylor - due 2010-02-09].
21:07:59 [laurent_oz]
+q
21:08:13 [Payam]
Action: Kerry will bring the 6 months extention request forward to W3C
21:08:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-6 - Will bring the 6 months extention request forward to W3C [on Kerry Taylor - due 2010-02-09].
21:09:28 [kelsey4]
kelsey4 has left #ssn
21:09:32 [kelsey4]
kelsey4 has joined #ssn
21:09:49 [Holger]
ack laurent_oz
21:10:14 [Zakim]
-AdrianP
21:10:15 [Zakim]
-Arthur
21:10:15 [Zakim]
-michael
21:10:16 [Zakim]
-Payam
21:10:17 [krzysztof_j]
bye
21:10:19 [Zakim]
-kelsey
21:10:19 [cory]
bye
21:10:20 [Zakim]
-krp
21:10:20 [Zakim]
-krzysztof_j
21:10:25 [Zakim]
-Manfred_DERI
21:10:29 [Holger]
zakim, bye
21:10:29 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Holger, Payam, AdrianP, Arthur, krzysztof_j, Manfred_DERI, krp, kelsey, michael, kerry, cory, [IPcaller]
21:10:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ssn
21:10:33 [Arthur]
Arthur has left #ssn
21:10:34 [kerry]
-kerry
21:10:36 [Holger]
rrsagent, make log public
21:10:43 [Holger]
rrsagent, draft minutes
21:10:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/02-ssn-minutes.html Holger
21:11:03 [Holger]
rrsagent, bye
21:11:03 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/02-ssn-actions.rdf :
21:11:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kerry will bring it forward to W3C [1]
21:11:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/02-ssn-irc#T21-06-36
21:11:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kerry will bring the 6 months extention request forward to W3C [2]
21:11:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/02-ssn-irc#T21-08-13