IRC log of mediafrag on 2010-01-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:03:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
10:03:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-irc
10:03:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
10:03:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
10:03:47 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
10:03:47 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start 3 minutes ago
10:03:48 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
10:03:48 [trackbot]
Date: 27 January 2010
10:03:54 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
10:04:03 [Zakim]
+raphael
10:04:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:04:38 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0064.html
10:04:45 [raphael]
Regrets: Jack, Yves, Michael
10:04:51 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael, Eric
10:04:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:05:06 [Zakim]
+ +0329331aaaa
10:05:22 [davy]
Zakim, aaaa is Erik
10:05:22 [Zakim]
+Erik; got it
10:05:32 [erik]
erik has joined #mediafrag
10:05:35 [davy]
Zakim, Davy is with Erik
10:05:35 [Zakim]
+Davy; got it
10:08:11 [raphael]
Conrad, are you reading IRC only?
10:08:43 [raphael]
Present: Erik, Davy, Raphael, Conrad (IRC), Silvia
10:08:54 [raphael]
Scribe: Raphael
10:09:00 [raphael]
scribenick: raphael
10:09:03 [raphael]
Topic: 1. Admin
10:10:04 [Zakim]
+ +06128012aabb
10:10:54 [silvia]
zakim, aabb is me
10:10:54 [Zakim]
+silvia; got it
10:11:08 [raphael]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 20 January 2009 telecon: http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-minutes.html?
10:11:14 [davy]
+1
10:11:15 [Zakim]
+Thierry
10:11:19 [raphael]
+1
10:11:32 [raphael]
ACTION-127?
10:11:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-127 -- Yves Lafon to look for the charter extension -- due 2010-01-20 -- OPEN
10:11:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/127
10:11:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:11:54 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediafrag
10:11:57 [raphael]
Minutes of 24/01 are accepted
10:12:00 [raphael]
ACTION-127?
10:12:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-127 -- Yves Lafon to look for the charter extension -- due 2010-01-20 -- OPEN
10:12:00 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/127
10:12:25 [raphael]
Thierry is taking care of that
10:13:00 [raphael]
Thierry: we discuss yesterday the charter, and Philippe agree to one year extension for working on Media Fragment 1.0 only
10:13:18 [raphael]
... I made the request today to W3M
10:13:33 [raphael]
... I expect a positive answer since the domain leader agrees
10:13:52 [raphael]
... I and Philippe emphasize we need to go to last call asap
10:14:12 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
10:14:12 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
10:14:54 [raphael]
Goal: important f2f next month, try to solve all issues in order to be prepared to be last call in March
10:15:14 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
10:15:14 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
10:15:35 [raphael]
Topic: F2F Meeting
10:15:46 [raphael]
Draft agenda: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda
10:17:08 [raphael]
Erik: I will update the venue details on the wiki
10:18:30 [raphael]
Thierry: I will book zakim for these 2 days
10:18:49 [raphael]
... 08 and 09 March, 08:00 AM till 18:00 PM European time
10:19:03 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
10:19:03 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
10:20:07 [raphael]
Raphael: please, enter topic of discussion of things you would like to have sorted out during the f2f meeting
10:20:19 [raphael]
... ALL, complete http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda#Agenda_Preparation
10:21:04 [raphael]
Topic: 3. Discussion
10:21:38 [raphael]
Silvia: I pointed out a weird character in the document
10:21:52 [raphael]
Raphael: might be an encoding problem ... UTF-8 displays solves it
10:22:15 [raphael]
ACTION: troncy to fix the weird character in the spec document
10:22:15 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - troncy
10:22:21 [raphael]
trackbot, status
10:23:18 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
10:23:18 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
10:24:35 [raphael]
Silvia: feedback from FOMS
10:24:57 [raphael]
... discussion about Focus Attention behavior
10:25:15 [raphael]
... see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0055.html
10:25:31 [raphael]
... discussion between Conrad, I and Mozilla firefox developers and Philip
10:25:55 [raphael]
... we need to look at the # as a focus in the player
10:26:15 [raphael]
... comes back at the in-context / out-of-context previous discussion
10:26:54 [raphael]
... we should recommend what a UA should do in the UI when it is displaying a media fragment
10:28:07 [raphael]
Davy: for the spatial fragment, you will recommend that a UA will draw a rectangle on the region ?
10:28:37 [raphael]
Silvia: A browser can always overrule what we say
10:28:57 [raphael]
... we haven't really dicussed spatial fragments rendering
10:29:16 [raphael]
... spatial is anyways very spatial, is it really a fragment ?
10:29:31 [raphael]
... we have discussed the temporal fragment, 99% of our use cases :-)
10:30:24 [raphael]
Raphael: I agree, let's focus on the temporal fragment rendering in UI
10:30:29 [raphael]
... I'm looking at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#processing
10:30:36 [raphael]
... the Section 5 of the current draft
10:30:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:31:50 [foolip]
foolip has joined #mediafrag
10:31:59 [foolip]
oh noes, I missed it didn't I?
10:32:08 [raphael]
nope philip, not yet
10:32:14 [raphael]
we are half of the telecon :-)
10:32:41 [foolip]
oh, we started 30 minutes ago, righht?
10:33:21 [raphael]
ACTION: Silvia to draft a new subsection in the Section 5 regarding the rendering in the UI of media fragments, at least for the temporal dimension
10:33:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-130 - Draft a new subsection in the Section 5 regarding the rendering in the UI of media fragments, at least for the temporal dimension [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2010-02-03].
10:33:45 [raphael]
Silvia: I haven't thought about other dimensions
10:34:02 [raphael]
Davy: I will think about rendering for other dimensions (spatial and tracks)
10:34:41 [raphael]
Raphael: another thread of discussion on the mailing list has been triggered by Werner: temporal fragments of media with time stamps
10:34:58 [raphael]
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0027.html
10:36:11 [raphael]
My summary: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0075.html
10:36:22 [raphael]
Raphael: how should we handle that?
10:37:23 [raphael]
Raphael: SMPTE was motivated by frame-based access to media
10:37:40 [raphael]
Silvia: let's restrict to time continuous type of media
10:37:50 [raphael]
... timestamps are just markers
10:39:29 [silvia]
contiguously marked SMPTE time codes
10:40:51 [raphael]
ACYTION: Davy to write down a new ISSUE in the tracker regarding the problem raised by werner (see also raphael's summary)
10:40:56 [raphael]
ACTION: Davy to write down a new ISSUE in the tracker regarding the problem raised by werner (see also raphael's summary)
10:40:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-131 - Write down a new ISSUE in the tracker regarding the problem raised by werner (see also raphael's summary) [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2010-02-03].
10:41:23 [raphael]
Last thing we need to discuss are the proposed changes of Philip
10:41:52 [raphael]
See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0034.html
10:42:15 [foolip]
lucky I got here in time then :)
10:42:45 [raphael]
Philip, are you joining us on the phone ?
10:42:51 [raphael]
We would like to discuss your proposed changes
10:43:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:43:17 [foolip]
I'll see if I can phone in
10:44:31 [Zakim]
+ +04613479aacc
10:44:51 [raphael]
Raphael: Why did we choose ABNF syntax in a first place ?
10:45:01 [raphael]
zakim, aacc is foolip
10:45:01 [Zakim]
+foolip; got it
10:45:24 [raphael]
Silvia: can't remember why we choosed that
10:45:51 [raphael]
Raphael: let's ask Yves if he agrees to this change
10:46:03 [raphael]
... and more generally, to the group for the new paragrphs
10:46:16 [raphael]
s/paragrphs/paragraphs
10:47:10 [raphael]
ACTION: Raphael will ask on the mailing list if anybody has any problem with these changes proposed by Philip
10:47:10 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Raphael
10:47:44 [raphael]
Topic: 4. AOB
10:48:26 [raphael]
Silvia: we should clearly mark the stable sections in the document
10:48:33 [raphael]
... for the mozilla developpers
10:48:51 [foolip]
and Opera developers :)
10:48:58 [raphael]
of course :-)
10:50:09 [raphael]
Present+ Philip
10:50:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:51:10 [raphael]
Philip: one more issue ... dealing with decimal point ?
10:51:29 [raphael]
trackbot, status
10:51:38 [silvia]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#processing-protocol-UA-mapped
10:52:36 [raphael]
ACTION: Philip to send to the mailing list a description of a new issue to be discussed (dealing with decimal for specifying time?)
10:52:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-132 - Send to the mailing list a description of a new issue to be discussed (dealing with decimal for specifying time?) [on Philip J├Ągenstedt - due 2010-02-03].
10:53:03 [raphael]
Silvia: I think we mainly now need to discuss the section 5.2.1.x
10:54:29 [raphael]
ACTION: Erik will try to generate some time diagram for the protocol description in the section 5.2.1.x
10:54:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-133 - Will try to generate some time diagram for the protocol description in the section 5.2.1.x [on Erik Mannens - due 2010-02-03].
10:54:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:55:20 [Zakim]
-raphael
10:55:22 [Zakim]
-foolip
10:55:22 [Zakim]
-silvia
10:55:26 [Zakim]
-Erik
10:57:36 [raphael]
Raphael: ALL to not forget to add items for the agenda for the upcoming F2F meeting
10:57:42 [raphael]
[meeting adjourned]
10:57:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:57:51 [raphael]
zakim, bye
10:57:51 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were raphael, +0329331aaaa, Erik, Davy, +06128012aabb, silvia, Thierry, +04613479aacc, foolip
10:57:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
10:59:28 [raphael]
RRSAgent, bye
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: troncy to fix the weird character in the spec document [1]
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-irc#T10-22-15
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Silvia to draft a new subsection in the Section 5 regarding the rendering in the UI of media fragments, at least for the temporal dimension [2]
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-irc#T10-33-21
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Davy to write down a new ISSUE in the tracker regarding the problem raised by werner (see also raphael's summary) [3]
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-irc#T10-40-56
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Raphael will ask on the mailing list if anybody has any problem with these changes proposed by Philip [4]
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-irc#T10-47-10
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Philip to send to the mailing list a description of a new issue to be discussed (dealing with decimal for specifying time?) [5]
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-irc#T10-52-36
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Erik will try to generate some time diagram for the protocol description in the section 5.2.1.x [6]
10:59:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-irc#T10-54-29