IRC log of soap-jms on 2010-01-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:00:16 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
17:00:16 [RRSAgent]
logging to
17:00:18 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:00:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
17:00:20 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
17:00:20 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start now
17:00:21 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
17:00:21 [trackbot]
Date: 26 January 2010
17:01:02 [mphillip]
17:01:08 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
17:01:16 [mphillip]
17:02:19 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
17:02:37 [padams2]
zakim, who is here?
17:02:37 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has not yet started, padams2
17:02:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see eric, Derek, Zakim, RRSAgent, padams2, mphillip, Yves, trackbot
17:03:03 [mphillip]
chair: Eric
17:03:12 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
17:03:16 [mphillip]
Scribe: mphillip
17:03:40 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 1) Appointment of the scribe
17:04:18 [mphillip]
Regrets: Peter
17:04:23 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 2) Approval of prior meeting minutes
17:04:50 [mphillip]
17:05:31 [mphillip]
All approve the minutes
17:05:44 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 3) Review the agenda
17:07:40 [mphillip]
1 item of other business - to discuss Topic support (specifically spec conformance wityhout topics)
17:07:51 [mphillip]
Agenda approved
17:07:59 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 4) Review action items
17:08:06 [mphillip]
17:08:27 [mphillip]
Eric: have dobe action 32 - (an extra test case)
17:08:38 [mphillip]
17:08:52 [mphillip]
Eric: Has contributed WSDL tests for 108
17:09:50 [mphillip]
Eric: action 112 was in the context of WSDL testing - believe this is moot
17:09:57 [mphillip]
close action-32
17:09:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-32 Will create at least one additional testcase closed
17:10:02 [mphillip]
close action-108
17:10:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-108 Come up with a more concrete proposal on the wsdl testing closed
17:10:04 [mphillip]
close action-112
17:10:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-112 Review test cases to identify which ones could have associated WSDL closed
17:10:30 [mphillip]
Mark: Finished action item 123
17:10:33 [mphillip]
close action-123
17:10:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-123 Make the changes proposed by Eric under issue 17 closed
17:10:41 [mphillip]
Mark: Action 125 still open
17:11:08 [mphillip]
Phil: Action 130 (WSDL test cases) is complete
17:11:14 [mphillip]
close action-130
17:11:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-130 Prototype a WSDL test case closed
17:11:38 [mphillip]
Amy: Action 132 has been completed
17:12:09 [mphillip]
close action-132
17:12:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-132 Provide feedback on tc 7 wsdl20 correctness closed
17:13:03 [mphillip]
Phil: ACtion 133 is complete
17:13:14 [mphillip]
close action-133
17:13:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-133 Revise testcase formatting and vary values in hierarchy for wsdl tests closed
17:14:04 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 5) URI specification:
17:14:13 [mphillip]
Still no response from Oracle
17:14:30 [mphillip]
Eric: Hoping for feedback on Thursday
17:14:43 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 6) Raised issues:
17:14:51 [mphillip]
17:18:43 [mphillip]
No objections to opening Issue 22
17:21:15 [mphillip]
Phil: On Issue 23 - if a start value has been specified, why not use it?
17:24:03 [mphillip]
Eric: WS-I does not prohibit the start parameter
17:27:11 [mphillip]
Eric: This spec. is explicitly forbidding a prolog
17:28:36 [mphillip]
Amy: Which is consistent with other transports (HTTP)
17:28:45 [mphillip]
Eric: The issue needs clarification
17:31:24 [mphillip]
No objections to opening Issue 24
17:31:56 [mphillip]
Eric: We need to look more carefully at the WSDL text, and include some test cases
17:32:07 [mphillip]
Eric: when resolving this one
17:33:52 [mphillip]
No objections to opening Issue 25
17:36:32 [mphillip]
No objections to opening Issue 26
17:37:29 [mphillip]
Eric: Comment on resolution - adding a new paragraph on escaping seems heavy handed
17:38:29 [mphillip]
Eric: One sentence referring to normal escaping rules applying + adding a more interesting example is a good idea.
17:38:49 [mphillip]
action Eric to propose alternative wording to Issue 26
17:38:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-134 - Propose alternative wording to Issue 26 [on Eric Johnson - due 2010-02-02].
17:40:43 [mphillip]
Eric: Issue 27 relates to the outdated URI spec. - we could produce a new version of the URI spec or use the old wording
17:41:04 [mphillip]
No objections to opening Issue 27
17:41:19 [mphillip]
Eric: This issue could remain open until we have a valid URI spec
17:41:35 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 7) Accepting proposals to close open issues
17:42:16 [mphillip]
Eric: Two new issues are uncontroversial enough to discuss
17:43:03 [mphillip]
All: The proposed resolution for Issue 22 was accepted
17:43:11 [mphillip]
17:43:18 [mphillip]
No objections
17:44:52 [mphillip]
Phil: On Issue 25 - perhaps we should have a complete URI rather than a snippet
17:45:18 [mphillip]
Eric: Agreed
17:46:02 [padams]
17:46:39 [mphillip]
Eric: Another way of doing this would be to combine the 2 example boxes into one with XML comments explaining what it is doing
17:47:09 [mphillip]
Eric: With another big URI in a separate URI example box including both examples
17:47:31 [mphillip]
action: Mark to apply the resolution for Issue 22
17:47:31 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Mark
17:47:31 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. mhapner, mphillip)
17:47:45 [mphillip]
action: Mark to revise the proposal for Issue 25
17:47:45 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Mark
17:47:45 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. mhapner, mphillip)
17:47:56 [mphillip]
action: mphillip to apply the resolution for Issue 22
17:47:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-135 - to apply the resolution for Issue 22 [on Mark Phillips - due 2010-02-02].
17:48:03 [mphillip]
action: mphillip to revise the proposal for Issue 25
17:48:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-136 - to revise the proposal for Issue 25 [on Mark Phillips - due 2010-02-02].
17:48:47 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 8) Accepting applied resolutions
17:49:05 [eric]
Link to email with changes:
17:49:13 [mphillip]
17:51:27 [eric]
Yves: Any reason why this link would be broken?
17:51:29 [eric]
17:51:47 [eric]
zakim, who is here?
17:51:47 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has not yet started, eric
17:51:49 [Zakim]
On IRC I see alewis, eric, Zakim, RRSAgent, padams, mphillip, Yves, trackbot
17:52:01 [mphillip]
17:52:07 [Yves]
because we are currently at rev 1.72 ;)
17:52:46 [Yves] works
17:52:47 [mphillip]
17:53:20 [eric]
Zakim, aabb is eric
17:53:20 [Zakim]
+eric; got it
17:53:32 [padams]
Zakim, aaaa is padams
17:53:32 [Zakim]
+padams; got it
17:55:28 [mphillip]
Zakim, aacc is mphillip
17:55:28 [Zakim]
+mphillip; got it
17:55:43 [mphillip]
All approve the application of the resolution for Issue 17
17:55:56 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Issue 17 can be closed
17:57:18 [mphillip]
Out of time - Testing and other Topics to be carried over to next week
17:57:33 [Zakim]
17:57:34 [Zakim]
17:57:35 [Zakim]
17:57:36 [Zakim]
17:57:37 [Zakim]
17:57:38 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
17:57:40 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.512.286.aaaa, Derek, +1.209.474.aabb, +0196287aacc, alewis, eric, padams, mphillip
17:57:44 [mphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:57:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mphillip
17:58:10 [mphillip]
rrsagent, make log public
17:58:11 [mphillip]
rrsagent, publish minutes
17:58:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mphillip
18:10:38 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
18:11:49 [padams]
padams has left #soap-jms