IRC log of xproc on 2010-01-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:57:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
15:57:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/01/21-xproc-irc
15:57:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xproc
15:57:08 [Norm]
Zakim, this will be xproc
15:57:08 [Zakim]
ok, Norm; I see XML_PMWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
15:57:09 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
15:57:09 [Norm]
Date: 21 Jan 2010
15:57:09 [Norm]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2010/01/21-agenda
15:57:09 [Norm]
Meeting: 165
15:57:11 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
15:57:13 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
15:57:15 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
15:57:43 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has joined #xproc
15:58:41 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has now started
15:58:48 [Zakim]
+Norm
16:01:09 [Zakim]
+[ArborText]
16:01:15 [V]
V has joined #xproc
16:02:26 [Zakim]
+Jeroen
16:02:37 [V]
Zakim, Jeroen is V
16:02:37 [Zakim]
+V; got it
16:03:38 [Zakim]
+Alex_Milows
16:03:39 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
16:06:05 [Norm]
Present: Norm, Paul, Vojtech, Alex
16:06:12 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
16:06:13 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2010/01/21-agenda
16:06:17 [Norm]
Accepted.
16:06:35 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meetings?
16:06:35 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2009/01/07-minutes
16:06:35 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2009/01/14-minutes
16:06:40 [Norm]
Accepted.
16:06:45 [Norm]
Norm will do his actions post haste.
16:06:59 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: telcon, 28 Jan 2010?
16:07:37 [Norm]
Vojtech gives regrets; Norm gives regrets for 4 Feb, will decide whether or not to meet on 4 Feb at the 28 Jan call
16:07:54 [Norm]
Topic: Status of rechartering
16:08:04 [Norm]
Norm: I believe it was approved by W3M, we'll wait for Henry to confirm.
16:08:26 [Norm]
Topic: Comments on the current draft?
16:08:33 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2010/01/lc-comments/
16:11:04 [Norm]
Topic: 009 p:string-replace/@context
16:11:09 [Norm]
Vojtech: I think we need to make the context explicit.
16:11:15 [Norm]
Norm: Yes, I think that's an oversight
16:12:17 [Norm]
ACTION: Norm to clarify p:string-replace wrt the context node for evaluating the replace example
16:12:44 [Norm]
Topic: 008 typo in example
16:12:52 [Norm]
Vojtech: That's just a typo, you can't refer to $foo
16:12:55 [Norm]
Norm: Right. My bad.
16:13:25 [Norm]
ACTION: Norm to correct the typo in the p:string-replace example wrt $foo in @replace
16:13:53 [Norm]
Norm: I'll attempt to correct these errors and bring the draft and issues list up to date before the next meeting.
16:14:17 [Norm]
Topic: Test suite progress
16:14:22 [Norm]
Norm: Thanks for all the new tests!
16:14:33 [Norm]
s/tests/tests, Vojtech/
16:15:17 [Norm]
Vojtech: I added a couple of tests that are meant to test multipart response handling, but we need a server-side response first.
16:15:23 [Norm]
Norm: Right, I'll update the server side.
16:15:57 [Norm]
ACTION: Norm to update tests.xproc.org so that there's a server-side script that returns a multipart message
16:16:26 [Norm]
Vojtech: The example that I saw often includes a MIME-version header. Is that something that is required or recommended?
16:16:50 [Norm]
Norm: I don't think it's required...
16:16:57 [Norm]
Vojtech: Is there another version of MIME?
16:17:00 [Norm]
Norm: No clue. Alex?
16:17:27 [Norm]
Alex: According to Wikipedia, the version is always "1.0"
16:17:49 [Norm]
Norm: Do you have a sense of the coverage?
16:18:14 [Norm]
Vojtech: The last area that I thought was missing was the multipart suppport. But I think we're getting there.
16:18:35 [Norm]
ACTION: Norm to regenerate the coverage report
16:19:03 [Norm]
Vojtech: There's still two contradictory XML Schema tests.
16:19:08 [Norm]
s/There's/There are/
16:19:31 [Norm]
...I don't remember which tests, but it has to do with default values for hints.
16:19:53 [Norm]
ACTION: Norm to put the conflicting schema tests on the agenda for next week when Henry will be present
16:20:32 [Norm]
Topic: Default processing model
16:20:41 [Norm]
Norm: Can't really make progress without Henry, defer to next week.
16:20:59 [Norm]
Topic: Any other business?
16:21:09 [Norm]
Norm: Who's going to XML Prague?
16:21:33 [Norm]
Norm: I think Mohamed and I are going, anyone else?
16:21:44 [Norm]
Vojtech: I'm not sure.
16:21:53 [Norm]
Alex: I might be in Europe in March, so maybe.
16:22:12 [Norm]
Adjourned.
16:22:15 [Zakim]
-V
16:22:17 [Zakim]
-Alex_Milows
16:22:17 [Zakim]
-PGrosso
16:22:17 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has ended
16:22:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were Norm, PGrosso, V, Alex_Milows
16:22:20 [Norm]
RRSAgent, set logs world visible
16:22:27 [Norm]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:22:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/21-xproc-minutes.html Norm
16:22:30 [Norm]
Zakim, bye
16:22:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc
16:22:36 [Norm]
RRSAgent, bye
16:22:36 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/21-xproc-actions.rdf :
16:22:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Norm to clarify p:string-replace wrt the context node for evaluating the replace example [1]
16:22:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/21-xproc-irc#T16-12-17
16:22:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Norm to correct the typo in the p:string-replace example wrt $foo in @replace [2]
16:22:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/21-xproc-irc#T16-13-25
16:22:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Norm to update tests.xproc.org so that there's a server-side script that returns a multipart message [3]
16:22:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/21-xproc-irc#T16-15-57
16:22:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Norm to regenerate the coverage report [4]
16:22:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/21-xproc-irc#T16-18-35
16:22:36 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Norm to put the conflicting schema tests on the agenda for next week when Henry will be present [5]
16:22:36 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/21-xproc-irc#T16-19-53
16:22:42 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has left #xproc