IRC log of mediafrag on 2010-01-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:03:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
10:03:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-irc
10:04:31 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has joined #mediafrag
10:04:38 [jackjansen]
zakim, code?
10:04:38 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3724 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), jackjansen
10:06:12 [davy]
regrets from Erik, he is ill
10:06:38 [Yves]
Scribe: Yves
10:07:17 [Yves]
Topic: Administrativia
10:07:29 [Yves]
minutes of last Jan 13th..
10:07:36 [raphael]
+1 for accepting the minutes
10:07:38 [Yves]
ACCEPTED
10:07:51 [Yves]
Charter extension:
10:08:18 [Yves]
Yves: heading toward one year
10:09:00 [Yves]
Thierry: it will be discussed next tuesday. Main issue is the status of MF 2.0 (that was in the charter)
10:11:03 [Yves]
Raphael: charter has wording about changing the charter for future work.
10:11:25 [Yves]
Thierry: current goal is to progress MF 1.0 to REC
10:12:17 [Yves]
Topic: next f2f
10:13:15 [Zakim]
- +0329331aabb
10:13:33 [jackjansen]
zakim, [CWI] is me
10:13:33 [Zakim]
+jackjansen; got it
10:14:20 [Zakim]
+ +0329331aacc
10:14:44 [Yves]
Raphael: waiting for answers from Conrad & Silvia
10:14:57 [Yves]
Jack: they replied
10:16:30 [raphael]
Michael, can you dial in now ?
10:16:41 [Yves]
more noodling needed...
10:16:44 [raphael]
we need your answer regarding date and location for next F2F
10:18:17 [Yves]
Raphael: there are actions related to protocol, so we need to close those during the f2f (Conrad should attend for that)
10:18:32 [Yves]
Conrad didn't give a full 'ok' for Seoul
10:19:12 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aadd
10:19:17 [mhausenblas]
aadd is me
10:19:27 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aadd is me
10:19:27 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
10:22:12 [Yves]
Raphael: heading toward AMS for the next f2f
10:22:28 [Yves]
we need to be sure that Conrad can make it virtually
10:22:31 [mhausenblas]
+1
10:22:37 [davy]
+1
10:23:57 [jackjansen]
But for coffeeshops Amsterdam is better
10:24:09 [Zakim]
+Davy.a
10:24:14 [Zakim]
-Davy
10:25:45 [Yves]
Topic: Spec
10:26:13 [Yves]
We have discussions about processing requirements, as well as actions on syntax and tests
10:26:27 [raphael]
ACTION-126?
10:26:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-126 -- Yves Lafon to follow up on error in ABFN for npt -- due 2009-12-23 -- OPEN
10:26:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/126
10:27:50 [Yves]
Yves: there are discussion on duration/syntax in header as well, so we might nail both this ntp issue and header syntax in one pass
10:28:05 [Yves]
(related to timecodes and non-zero starting point)
10:28:32 [raphael]
ACTION-123?
10:28:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-123 -- Yves Lafon to come up with ABNF for header syntax -- due 2009-12-09 -- OPEN
10:28:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/123
10:28:54 [raphael]
Yves: we should finish that during the F2F meeting
10:29:29 [raphael]
... We need to discuss that with Conrad who has added recently some stuff
10:29:42 [raphael]
Jack: how much work is needed for a strawman syntax ?
10:29:47 [raphael]
Yves: I think I have done that
10:29:53 [Yves]
Yves: tought I already sent it a while ago
10:30:32 [Yves]
Yves to investigate on this
10:30:58 [Yves]
jack: we need it to pinpoint issues
10:31:25 [raphael]
ACTION-125?
10:31:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-125 -- Michael Hausenblas to revisit his ednote in section 5 -- due 2009-12-09 -- OPEN
10:31:25 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/125
10:32:50 [jackjansen]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing
10:32:52 [raphael]
We are looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing-overview-errors
10:33:55 [Zakim]
+ +329331aaee
10:34:06 [Yves]
it's in fact Jack's ednote (the second one)
10:34:33 [Zakim]
-Davy.a
10:35:19 [Yves]
jack: implementation shouldn't make a guess when dealing with broken stuff
10:35:46 [Yves]
jack: we must discuss duing the f2f
10:35:59 [raphael]
Discussion about whether an over-specified dimension should be an error or not in the group
10:36:59 [Yves]
Yves: if there is an error it might be because it's a bug or it's an extension, or maybe it's just something else than a mediafrag
10:37:06 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-125
10:37:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-125 Revisit his ednote in section 5 closed
10:37:09 [Yves]
so be conservative and do not process errors
10:39:33 [Yves]
Raphael: make sure that such discussion happen also around the test cases
10:39:51 [Yves]
ie: move/copy the ednote on top of the wiki page
10:40:13 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: mhausenb to move the editorial note http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing-overview-errors to the TC (wiki)
10:40:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-129 - Move the editorial note http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing-overview-errors to the TC (wiki) [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2010-01-27].
10:41:32 [raphael]
ACTION-108?
10:41:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-108 -- Michael Hausenblas to add the missing test cases in corrib -- due 2009-11-16 -- OPEN
10:41:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/108
10:41:40 [raphael]
ACTION-115?
10:41:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-115 -- Michael Hausenblas to come up with categorization of test cases wrt empty, undefined, etc -- due 2009-09-30 -- OPEN
10:41:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/115
10:42:06 [raphael]
ACTION-119?
10:42:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-119 -- Yves Lafon to request admins to set up a cvs notifications mailing list and notifications -- due 2009-10-14 -- OPEN
10:42:06 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/119
10:43:02 [Yves]
Raphael: so ETA for Michael's issues is next week.
10:43:32 [raphael]
ACTION-119?
10:43:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-119 -- Yves Lafon to request admins to set up a cvs notifications mailing list and notifications -- due 2009-10-14 -- OPEN
10:43:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/119
10:43:43 [Yves]
need to check the status
10:44:54 [Yves]
jack: regrets for next week
10:45:03 [Zakim]
-davy
10:45:10 [Yves]
Yves will be at a f2f next week
10:45:37 [Zakim]
-Thierry
10:45:39 [Zakim]
- +49.300.aaaa
10:45:39 [Zakim]
-jackjansen
10:45:40 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
10:45:40 [Zakim]
-Yves
10:45:41 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
10:45:42 [Zakim]
Attendees were +49.300.aaaa, Thierry, +0329331aabb, Yves, jackjansen, +0329331aacc, Davy, +3539149aadd, mhausenblas, +329331aaee
10:45:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
10:46:36 [davy]
davy has left #mediafrag
10:46:43 [raphael]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
10:46:51 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
10:46:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:47:02 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
10:48:08 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
10:48:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:48:52 [raphael]
Regrets: Erik, Silvia, Conrad
10:49:05 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
10:49:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael