IRC log of dap on 2010-01-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:48:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
14:48:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-dap-irc
14:48:15 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:48:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
14:48:17 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
14:48:17 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
14:48:18 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
14:48:18 [trackbot]
Date: 20 January 2010
14:48:39 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0160.html
14:48:48 [dom]
Chair: Robin, Frederick
14:49:01 [dom]
Regrets: John_Morris
14:54:51 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
14:54:58 [Zakim]
+ +0472369aaaa
14:56:21 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:56:27 [fjh]
zakim, ??P1 is fjh
14:56:27 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
14:56:48 [Zakim]
- +0472369aaaa
14:57:01 [fjh]
Present: Frederick_Hirsch, Robin_Berjon
14:57:19 [Dzung_Tran]
Dzung_Tran has joined #dap
14:57:24 [Dzung_Tran]
Present+ Dzung_Tran
14:57:46 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:57:53 [darobin]
Zakim, [IPCaller] is me
14:57:53 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
14:58:18 [Zakim]
+ +035850486aabb
14:58:37 [AnssiK]
zakim, aabb is AnssiK
14:58:37 [Zakim]
+AnssiK; got it
14:58:54 [fhirsch]
fhirsch has joined #dap
14:59:08 [fhirsch]
zakim, who is here?
14:59:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, darobin (muted), AnssiK
14:59:10 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fhirsch, Dzung_Tran, Zakim, RRSAgent, AnssiK, nwidell, tlr, arve, darobin, shepazu, maxf, fjh, ilkka, blassey, dom, trackbot
14:59:31 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
15:00:42 [Zakim]
+ +035850486aacc
15:00:56 [ilkka]
Present+ Ilkka_Oksanen
15:01:08 [ilkka]
zakim, aacc is ilkka
15:01:08 [Zakim]
+ilkka; got it
15:01:21 [Zakim]
+Dom
15:01:23 [Zakim]
+ +0472369aadd
15:01:32 [maxf]
zakim, aadd is me
15:01:32 [Zakim]
+maxf; got it
15:01:33 [dom]
Present+ Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
15:01:39 [Laura_Arribas]
Laura_Arribas has joined #dap
15:01:43 [Zakim]
+??P13
15:02:03 [fhirsch]
zakim, who is here?
15:02:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, darobin (muted), AnssiK, ilkka, Dom, maxf, arve
15:02:05 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Laura_Arribas, fhirsch, Dzung_Tran, Zakim, RRSAgent, AnssiK, nwidell, tlr, arve, darobin, shepazu, maxf, fjh, ilkka, blassey, dom, trackbot
15:02:05 [Zakim]
+ +0777541aaee
15:02:34 [darobin]
we should install a rule that whoever joins last gets to scribe
15:03:07 [fhirsch]
zakim, who is here?
15:03:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, darobin (muted), AnssiK, ilkka, Dom, maxf, arve, +0777541aaee
15:03:10 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Laura_Arribas, fhirsch, Dzung_Tran, Zakim, RRSAgent, AnssiK, nwidell, tlr, arve, darobin, shepazu, maxf, fjh, ilkka, blassey, dom, trackbot
15:03:13 [Zakim]
+ +04610715aaff
15:03:13 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-skype
15:03:14 [Laura_Arribas]
Zakim, +0777541aaee is Laura_Arribas
15:03:14 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
15:03:14 [arve]
we should get someone to donate voice recognition
15:03:19 [Zakim]
+Laura_Arribas; got it
15:03:19 [marengo]
marengo has joined #dap
15:03:21 [Zakim]
+Thomas
15:03:26 [tlr]
zakim, I am thomas
15:03:26 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
15:03:27 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate you with Thomas
15:03:28 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
15:03:29 [Zakim]
Thomas should now be muted
15:03:34 [marengo]
Present+ Marco_Marengo
15:03:44 [dom]
zakim, mute me
15:03:44 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
15:03:50 [dom]
zakim, who is noisy?
15:03:50 [nwidell]
Zakim, 04610715aaff is nwidell
15:03:53 [Zakim]
sorry, nwidell, I do not recognize a party named '04610715aaff'
15:03:59 [Zakim]
+ +0208849aagg
15:03:59 [dom]
zakim, aaff is nwidell
15:04:01 [Zakim]
+??P22
15:04:03 [Zakim]
+nwidell; got it
15:04:03 [richt]
Present+ Richard Tibbett
15:04:05 [Zakim]
dom, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: fjh (51%)
15:04:13 [richt]
zakim, +0208849aagg is richt
15:04:13 [Zakim]
+richt; got it
15:04:19 [fhirsch]
zakim, who is here?
15:04:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, darobin (muted), AnssiK, ilkka, Dom (muted), maxf, arve, Laura_Arribas, nwidell, Thomas (muted), richt, ??P22
15:04:23 [nwidell]
Present+ Niklas_Widell
15:04:24 [Zakim]
On IRC I see richt, marengo, Laura_Arribas, fhirsch, Dzung_Tran, Zakim, RRSAgent, AnssiK, nwidell, tlr, arve, darobin, shepazu, maxf, fjh, ilkka, blassey, dom, trackbot
15:04:29 [paddy]
paddy has joined #dap
15:04:38 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
15:04:51 [paddy]
present+ Paddy_Byers
15:04:53 [dom]
zakim, ??P22 is maybe paddy
15:04:53 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??P22 is maybe paddy', dom
15:04:53 [fhirsch]
zakim, ??P22 is paddy
15:04:54 [Zakim]
+paddy; got it
15:05:18 [Zakim]
+Shepazu
15:05:25 [AnssiK]
ScribeNick: AnssiK
15:05:29 [AnssiK]
Topic: Admin
15:05:58 [Zakim]
+ +04610801aahh
15:06:02 [fhirsch]
Prague F2F logistics sent to list
15:06:36 [AnssiK]
darobin: no specifics on the Prague f2f logistics, see the DAP page for more info, or ask Robin
15:06:37 [Claes]
Present+ Claes_Nilsson
15:07:08 [AnssiK]
Topic: Minutes approval
15:07:13 [Zakim]
+[Mozilla]
15:07:45 [AnssiK]
RESOLUTION: minutes from 13 Jan approved
15:07:46 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/att-0105/minutes-2010-01-13.html
15:08:27 [AnssiK]
fh: Robin has sent a nice summary of REST approach to the ML
15:08:34 [darobin]
-> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/docs/virtual-ws.html
15:08:35 [marcin]
marcin has joined #dap
15:08:36 [blassey]
Present+ Brad_Lassey
15:08:43 [marcin]
Present+ Marcin_Hanclik
15:09:20 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0164.html
15:09:29 [Zakim]
+ +49.208.829.0.aaii
15:09:37 [marcin]
Zakim, aaii is marcin
15:09:37 [Zakim]
+marcin; got it
15:09:41 [fjh]
my comments - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0166.html
15:09:44 [dom]
ISSUE-66?
15:09:44 [trackbot]
ISSUE-66 -- Investigation around Virtual Web Devices / REST-ful oriented APIs -- OPEN
15:09:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/66
15:09:47 [dom]
ACTION-81?
15:09:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-81 -- Robin Berjon to flesh out Mark's device as local web service proposal, using a Geo-based example -- due 2010-01-20 -- OPEN
15:09:47 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/81
15:09:56 [AnssiK]
darobin: Robin's doc discusses the advantages and issues with exposing local data services as REST services instead as of APIs.
15:10:07 [hendry]
hendry has joined #dap
15:11:25 [AnssiK]
... an example use case for REST API discussed: contacts can be exposed by services such as FB etc.
15:11:32 [dom]
q+
15:11:35 [AnssiK]
... Robin is asking for feedback on the ML
15:11:37 [dom]
ack me
15:11:40 [fhirsch]
ack dom
15:11:43 [fhirsch]
q+
15:12:14 [dom]
zakim, mute me
15:12:14 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
15:12:15 [fhirsch]
ack fhirsch
15:12:20 [paddy]
q+
15:12:49 [AnssiK]
fh: do we need a specific JS library to hide the bare-metal XHR?
15:13:05 [AnssiK]
darobin: jQuery is just an example that could be used
15:13:18 [AnssiK]
... also noted jQuery is an open source library
15:13:59 [AnssiK]
fh: a special protocol is needed, a concern?
15:14:40 [AnssiK]
darobin: push use cases are a bit problematic in REST API
15:15:11 [darobin]
q?
15:15:16 [arve]
q+
15:15:20 [arve]
(for a dumb question)
15:15:35 [AnssiK]
fh: what were Steven's and John Kemp's proposals referred on the doc?
15:15:36 [richt]
q+ to discuss how the response data is defined (in WebIDL?)
15:15:46 [paddy]
q-
15:16:17 [fhirsch]
ack arve
15:16:24 [AnssiK]
darobin: Steven's proposal not documented, was f2f
15:17:07 [fhirsch]
suggestion from stephen to provide generic database like interface to contacts etc
15:17:17 [dom]
[that's one of the things Robin highlights in the document http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/docs/virtual-ws.html#which-uri-to-expose]
15:18:49 [dom]
Arve: given the struggle we have been going through for registering the widget: URI scheme, it looks like defining a new scheme for something that would use as if it was HTTP is likely to be problematic
15:19:02 [arve]
My question is one : If we are doing something _nearly_ like HTTP, why shouldn't we just use HTTP in the first place, and require local web servers?
15:19:24 [arve]
and wouldn't that actually require us to specify these APIs in a non-rest way anyhow
15:20:01 [fhirsch]
I think arve is saying we need javascript APIs as a base for an HTTP REST interface anyway
15:20:20 [fhirsch]
q?
15:20:37 [fjh]
ack richt
15:20:37 [Zakim]
richt, you wanted to discuss how the response data is defined (in WebIDL?)
15:20:37 [arve]
fhirsch: +1
15:21:19 [dom]
s/fhirsch: +1/fhirsch, +1
15:21:50 [fjh]
proposed action - arve to write up example of need for javascript API even with HTTP REST interface
15:22:05 [dom]
+1 on proposed action :)
15:22:23 [richt]
q+ to discuss how the response data is defined (in WebIDL?) ...in not too much detail :-)
15:22:33 [arve]
action accepted
15:22:33 [trackbot]
Sorry, bad ACTION syntax
15:22:36 [darobin]
ACTION: arve to detail his view on double-API specification for LREST
15:22:37 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-84 - Detail his view on double-API specification for LREST [on Arve Bersvendsen - due 2010-01-27].
15:24:04 [AnssiK]
richt: response data format must be well-formatted
15:24:19 [AnssiK]
... could be JSON or XML, for example
15:25:33 [AnssiK]
darobin: let's focus on a one data exchance format
15:25:49 [darobin]
q?
15:25:53 [darobin]
ack richt
15:25:53 [Zakim]
richt, you wanted to discuss how the response data is defined (in WebIDL?) ...in not too much detail :-)
15:26:10 [ilkka]
q+
15:26:23 [AnssiK]
fh: we'll need to walk though the security considerations
15:26:28 [paddy]
q+
15:26:31 [AnssiK]
... asking if BONDI has some related input
15:26:51 [AnssiK]
... does OAuth solve all out problems?
15:26:57 [darobin]
ack paddy
15:27:12 [AnssiK]
paddy: the topic was discussed in BONDI in its early stage
15:27:31 [AnssiK]
... and I can summarize the issues
15:27:59 [darobin]
ACTION paddy to provide his thoughts on LREST based on experience from BONDI's earlier discussions on the same
15:27:59 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - paddy
15:27:59 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. pbyers, pbyers2)
15:28:08 [darobin]
ACTION pbyers2 to provide his thoughts on LREST based on experience from BONDI's earlier discussions on the same
15:28:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-85 - Provide his thoughts on LREST based on experience from BONDI's earlier discussions on the same [on Paddy Byers - due 2010-01-27].
15:28:24 [darobin]
ack ilkka
15:28:35 [fjh]
q?
15:29:27 [fjh]
ilkka notes benefit of remote access to apis via rest approach, but without remote access will require additional implementation work vs javascript approach
15:31:12 [fjh]
need to distinguish remote access to device versus device accessing local or remote services from device
15:31:20 [fjh]
or do we
15:31:28 [richt]
q+
15:31:33 [darobin]
ack richt
15:31:34 [fjh]
q?
15:31:35 [AnssiK]
darobin: the thinking is that the same REST API could be used to access both remote and local services
15:32:16 [AnssiK]
richt: enables fallback to other conforming implementation, e.g. if the device fails fall back to cloud
15:32:35 [AnssiK]
s/device/local/
15:32:52 [Zakim]
+ +1.972.373.aajj
15:32:55 [fjh]
fjh has changed the topic to: DAP code 3279 agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0160.html register attendance with Present+ first_last, update handle with zakim, aaaa is handle
15:32:56 [AnssiK]
darobin: let's follow-up on the ML
15:32:57 [Suresh]
Suresh has joined #dap
15:33:09 [Suresh]
Present+ Suresh_Chitturi
15:33:15 [Suresh]
sorry to be so late!
15:33:43 [richt]
s/richt: enables fallback to other conforming implementation/richt: the current JS API approach enables fallback to other conforming implementation
15:34:04 [AnssiK]
Topic: API Discussion
15:34:28 [dom]
ack me
15:34:36 [AnssiK]
darobin: contacts FPWD is in the pipeline i.e. out tomorrow
15:34:38 [dom]
ACTION-82?
15:34:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-82 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to request transition of Contacts API as First Public Working Draft when pinged by Robin -- due 2010-01-21 -- OPEN
15:34:38 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/82
15:35:23 [AnssiK]
darobin: Where does it all hang off of decision
15:35:47 [dom]
zakim, mute me
15:35:47 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
15:35:57 [AnssiK]
... and the winner is: service (least hated option)
15:35:59 [dom]
ISSUE-67?
15:36:02 [trackbot]
ISSUE-67 -- In navigator.device, should "device" be "service" or something else? -- OPEN
15:36:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/67
15:36:16 [dom]
q+
15:36:18 [dom]
ack me
15:36:20 [Suresh]
navigator.dap.*?
15:36:40 [tlr]
I think it needs to be service.dap
15:36:45 [AnssiK]
dom: happy with the "service"
15:37:48 [dom]
zakim, mute me
15:37:48 [Zakim]
Dom should now be muted
15:37:52 [Zakim]
- +04610801aahh
15:38:05 [darobin]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: go ahead with "service", document it in Core Devices, and mark it as pending feedback from implementors
15:38:11 [Suresh]
q
15:38:12 [arve]
-1
15:38:19 [Suresh]
q+
15:38:35 [dom]
q+ arve to explain his objection
15:38:38 [richt]
we can always change later based on implementation feedback
15:38:56 [marcin]
when is it to made final? at REC level of Core DEvices?
15:39:10 [marcin]
fjh, navigator.service.*
15:40:47 [AnssiK]
Suresh: we have to describe if the implementation is local or remote
15:41:24 [marcin]
darobin, thanks
15:41:29 [darobin]
ACTION Robin to update Core Devices
15:41:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-86 - Update Core Devices [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-01-27].
15:41:38 [richt]
'service' means 'requires interaction with an external entity - device/web or otherwise'.
15:41:59 [darobin]
ack arve
15:41:59 [Zakim]
arve, you wanted to explain his objection
15:42:03 [darobin]
ack Suresh
15:42:04 [AnssiK]
... just to make sure people do not misinterpret the term "service"
15:42:15 [tlr]
q+
15:42:17 [Zakim]
-maxf
15:42:47 [AnssiK]
arve: "service" means different things to different people, in the Web context it has always referred to a web service -- causes confusion
15:42:54 [maxf]
brb
15:43:02 [Zakim]
+maxf
15:43:06 [Zakim]
-Thomas
15:43:11 [tlr]
ugh
15:43:24 [AnssiK]
... Opera Unite APIs also have a notion of a service, which is a traditional web service
15:43:27 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-781
15:43:27 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
15:43:28 [Zakim]
+Thomas
15:43:43 [fjh]
arve argues that using service implies web services approach, not necessarily agreed
15:43:50 [Suresh]
or, I think something neutral would be better e.g. "dap"
15:44:01 [AnssiK]
darobin: general conflict with service?
15:44:24 [AnssiK]
arve: does not want to call File I/O or Geolocation a "service"
15:44:40 [tlr]
q-
15:44:43 [tlr]
q- thomas
15:44:47 [tlr]
zakim, I am thomas
15:44:47 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate you with Thomas
15:45:22 [darobin]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: call it "monkey"
15:45:27 [marcin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0154.html
15:45:39 [tlr]
q+
15:45:51 [darobin]
ack thomas
15:46:46 [AnssiK]
tlr: if we continue to have strong feelings on the issue, perhaps we do not need a common ns at all
15:47:21 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
15:47:21 [Zakim]
Thomas should now be muted
15:47:31 [AnssiK]
q+
15:47:33 [blassey]
navigator++
15:47:37 [Suresh]
I don't think we should be going back
15:47:38 [arve]
navigator++
15:47:42 [maxf]
navigator++
15:47:55 [darobin]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: just put stuff on navigator, if it breaks the web we'll cross that bridge then
15:48:02 [paddy]
q+
15:48:02 [tlr]
do we have any such objects?
15:48:12 [fjh]
q+
15:48:30 [darobin]
ack AnssiK
15:48:37 [darobin]
ack paddy
15:48:49 [AnssiK]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0150.html
15:48:50 [Zakim]
- +1.972.373.aajj
15:49:14 [richt]
Consider this on an API by API basis? e.g. Sys info would probably benefit from navigator.device (it is device only at all times) but contacts and calendar benefits from navigator.service or navigator.resource (it is abstract and can be linked to any external contact providing entity, web or otherwise).
15:49:21 [Zakim]
+ +1.972.373.aakk
15:49:43 [Suresh]
q+
15:49:54 [AnssiK]
from John Kemp's mail: "My reasoning for having a group name (I prefer 'service') might be that if we were to create constants that might be relevant to _all_ of the APIs then rather than place them in each individual API object, we could put them into the "global" object. Do we have anything that looks like it might fit?"
15:50:43 [darobin]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: decide nothing, leave each API duke it out on its own
15:50:53 [darobin]
ack fjh
15:50:57 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
15:50:57 [Zakim]
Thomas was already muted, tlr
15:51:51 [darobin]
ack Suresh
15:51:53 [AnssiK]
fh: security parts may benefit from a common ns
15:52:46 [paddy]
+1 for formal vote service vs device vs dap
15:52:50 [AnssiK]
Suresh: we shouldn't go back to navigator.foo
15:52:51 [fjh]
s/parts/and privacy mechanisms/
15:52:52 [Suresh]
q-
15:53:07 [fjh]
s/common ns/common ns, is this a consideration?/
15:53:19 [fjh]
s/fh:/fjh:/
15:53:31 [dom]
q+
15:53:37 [dom]
ack me
15:53:43 [AnssiK]
darobin: we may need to vote
15:54:07 [darobin]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: decide nothing, leave each API duke it out on its own
15:54:28 [darobin]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: enforce nothing, leave each API duke it out on its own
15:54:35 [fjh]
+1 to taking to the list
15:54:39 [darobin]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: leave each API duke it out on its own
15:55:18 [Suresh]
q+
15:56:38 [AnssiK]
Suresh: would like to come to an agreement on the call
15:56:48 [fjh]
my +1 was to try to get to an agreement on common space on list
15:56:54 [Suresh]
+1
15:56:59 [arve]
+1
15:56:59 [AnssiK]
darobin: everyone happy with the proposed resolution?
15:57:03 [darobin]
RESOLUTION: leave each API duke it out on its own
15:57:24 [darobin]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/6B36E0FB-64A7-4E81-8639-67DB7FCDD7E3@robineko.com
15:57:28 [AnssiK]
Topic: How to handle Capture
15:57:35 [Suresh]
my +1 was the same as fredrick's +1 but no worries!
15:57:40 [dom]
ACTION-74?
15:57:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-74 -- Robin Berjon to send an email to list summarising the options for <input> or not in Capture -- due 2009-12-16 -- CLOSED
15:57:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/74
15:57:49 [dom]
(actually Dzung did comment)
15:58:01 [ilkka]
q+
15:58:05 [Suresh]
q-
15:58:06 [darobin]
ack ilkka
15:58:55 [AnssiK]
ilkka: a reasonable proposal, what's the split across L1, L2, L3
15:58:56 [dom]
(+1 on v1 being level 1 and level2)
15:59:05 [ilkka]
+1
15:59:15 [AnssiK]
darobin: v1 could be L1 and L2
15:59:24 [AnssiK]
ilkka: supports
16:00:18 [AnssiK]
... can think how to turn this into a spec
16:00:23 [AnssiK]
Topic: Sysinfo
16:00:41 [dom]
(I would like to hear progress reports (or lack thereof) on Messaging and Calendar, if possible)
16:00:43 [darobin]
-> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/
16:00:45 [AnssiK]
maxf: the spec exposes multiple devices for a given property
16:01:03 [AnssiK]
... e.g. for power, battery, AC
16:01:17 [AnssiK]
... the question is whether this level of detail is useful
16:01:51 [richt]
q+ status update on Calendar API
16:01:53 [Zakim]
- +1.972.373.aakk
16:01:58 [AnssiK]
... some people argued not good enough use cases to support such granularity
16:02:04 [richt]
q+ to talk about status update on Calendar API
16:02:07 [maxf]
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/properties-simplified.png
16:02:15 [AnssiK]
... a simplified set of properties was suggested
16:03:16 [AnssiK]
... example: replaced n CPU loads with one, the same for power and others
16:03:48 [AnssiK]
q+
16:03:59 [richt]
q- to discuss status of Calendar API later
16:04:08 [darobin]
ack AnssiK
16:05:10 [darobin]
ACTION maxf to look at potential proc alignment (as a suggestion)
16:05:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-87 - Look at potential proc alignment (as a suggestion) [on Max Froumentin - due 2010-01-27].
16:05:16 [Zakim]
+ +1.972.373.aall
16:05:26 [Suresh]
back on the call!
16:06:17 [nwidell]
(need to leave the call in a two minutes) Messaging: Rough draft of SMS done (including comment on SMS URI).
16:06:50 [AnssiK]
darobin: any objections to publish FPWD?
16:07:26 [dom]
q+
16:07:28 [dom]
ack me
16:08:05 [AnssiK]
maxf: can do the edits (simplification) in couple of days
16:08:09 [richt]
q+ to talk about status update on Calendar API
16:09:09 [richt]
ack richt
16:09:09 [Zakim]
richt, you wanted to talk about status update on Calendar API
16:09:59 [AnssiK]
richt: will do the edits by the end of this weeks
16:11:04 [AnssiK]
nwidell: a rough release of Calender API perhaps out in the end of this week
16:11:32 [dom]
s/Calender/Messaging/
16:11:34 [Zakim]
-nwidell
16:12:18 [AnssiK]
darobin: Planning for the 25% point: where do we want to be by the F2F?
16:12:59 [AnssiK]
... should revisit the timelines on the DAP site
16:13:20 [AnssiK]
Topic: AOB
16:13:26 [AnssiK]
(none)
16:13:31 [Zakim]
-maxf
16:13:31 [hendry]
hendry has left #dap
16:13:33 [Zakim]
-[Mozilla]
16:13:33 [Zakim]
- +1.972.373.aall
16:13:35 [Zakim]
-Dom
16:13:36 [AnssiK]
Topic: Adjourn
16:13:36 [Zakim]
-richt
16:13:36 [Zakim]
-arve
16:13:36 [Zakim]
-marcin
16:13:37 [Zakim]
-paddy
16:13:38 [Zakim]
-darobin
16:13:40 [Zakim]
-Thomas
16:13:42 [Zakim]
-Laura_Arribas
16:13:44 [Zakim]
-fjh
16:13:45 [darobin]
thanks a lot AnssiK!
16:13:47 [Zakim]
-Shepazu
16:13:52 [Zakim]
-ilkka
16:14:00 [fhirsch]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:14:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-dap-minutes.html fhirsch
16:14:00 [darobin]
as the first person to scribe twice you get extra beer
16:14:25 [Zakim]
-AnssiK
16:14:26 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
16:14:28 [Zakim]
Attendees were +0472369aaaa, fjh, darobin, +035850486aabb, AnssiK, +035850486aacc, ilkka, Dom, +0472369aadd, maxf, arve, +04610715aaff, Laura_Arribas, Thomas, nwidell, richt,
16:14:30 [Zakim]
... paddy, Shepazu, +04610801aahh, [Mozilla], +49.208.829.0.aaii, marcin, +1.972.373.aajj, +1.972.373.aakk, +1.972.373.aall
16:14:32 [darobin]
oh, wait, Bryan had already scribed twice — well, as the second person to scribe twice, you get double the beer
16:16:03 [darobin]
you don't count maxf, you're former Team :)
16:16:24 [maxf]
former Team like beer too!
16:19:41 [darobin]
yeah but former Team always get beer
16:24:30 [richt]
richt has left #dap
16:33:59 [arve]
isn't beer nearly free in prague anyway?
16:34:27 [tlr]
.oO( that would explain a lot about XML )
16:34:52 [arve]
tlr: no, absinth would explain XML
16:35:14 [arve]
it's possibly the only thing that could explain it
16:35:21 [arve]
apart from temporary insanity
16:35:27 [tlr]
I think Absinth is already taken for JSON
16:35:42 [tlr]
now, for SGML...
16:35:46 [arve]
LSD
16:36:16 [arve]
and HTML is meth
16:37:32 [tlr]
which version of HTML?
16:37:55 [arve]
3.2
16:38:12 [tlr]
what justification do you offer for HTML5?
16:38:20 [arve]
and 5 is wine gone bad
16:38:44 [arve]
it's sane, complicated, and no expert can tell vinegar apart from wine
16:51:20 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has left #dap
18:31:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap