IRC log of ws-ra on 2010-01-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:27:18 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
20:27:18 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/01/19-ws-ra-irc
20:27:20 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:27:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-ra
20:27:22 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
20:27:22 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM already started
20:27:23 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
20:27:23 [trackbot]
Date: 19 January 2010
20:27:27 [Zakim]
+Wu_Chou
20:27:41 [Zakim]
+Bob_Freund
20:28:28 [Zakim]
+ +984999aaaa
20:28:59 [Zakim]
+Doug_Davis
20:29:00 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ws-ra
20:29:05 [Bob]
zakim, aaaa is sreed
20:29:05 [Zakim]
+sreed; got it
20:29:13 [Vikas]
Vikas has joined #ws-ra
20:29:33 [dug]
ah, never got the agenda email
20:30:04 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.262.aabb
20:30:22 [Bob]
zakim, aabb is vikas
20:30:22 [Zakim]
+vikas; got it
20:30:25 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.642.aacc
20:30:49 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
20:30:57 [Bob]
zakim, aacc is Gilbert
20:30:57 [Zakim]
+Gilbert; got it
20:31:10 [Zakim]
+Yves
20:31:20 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
20:31:34 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
20:32:13 [Sreed]
Sreed has joined #ws-ra
20:33:26 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-ra
20:33:35 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:33:46 [Bob]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0090.html
20:33:57 [Zakim]
+??P22
20:34:07 [Zakim]
+ +03531803aadd
20:34:11 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
20:34:17 [MartinC]
MartinC has joined #ws-ra
20:34:44 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
20:36:07 [Bob]
scribe: Vikas
20:36:26 [Bob]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0090.html
20:36:54 [dug]
wow, 30! :-)
20:37:02 [dug]
such the optimist
20:37:34 [Vikas]
AGENDA: Agenda accepted without any objection in the working group.
20:38:13 [Vikas]
RESOLUTION: The minutes from Dec 15 2009 meeting has been approved without objection
20:38:27 [Vikas]
RESOLUTION: The minutes from Jan 05 2010 meeting has been approved without objection
20:38:46 [dug]
do we have the logistic for the f2f? street address? times?
20:39:12 [gpilz]
q+
20:39:28 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.970.aaee
20:39:30 [asir]
it appears that the W3C list archive is not (or slow in) pushing out mails to list subscribers
20:39:46 [Vikas]
RESOLUTION: The minutes from Jan 12 2010 meeting has been approved without objection
20:39:55 [fmaciel]
fmaciel has joined #ws-ra
20:40:03 [Bob]
f2f logistics http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Dec/0010.html
20:49:23 [Ram]
Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0065.html
20:49:51 [Vikas]
TOPIC: Issue http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8068
20:50:10 [Ram]
Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0065.html
20:51:13 [Vikas]
RESOLUTION: Resloved as proposed above.
20:51:35 [Tom_Rutt]
s/esloved/esolved/
20:51:53 [Zakim]
+JeffM
20:51:57 [Vikas]
TOPIC: Issue http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8180
20:52:25 [Ram]
q+
20:52:45 [Bob]
ack gp
20:52:47 [dug]
LOL the color throw me too
20:52:49 [Bob]
ack ram
20:54:09 [asir]
q+ to ask a question
20:55:31 [Vikas1]
Vikas1 has joined #ws-ra
20:55:36 [Bob]
ack asir
20:55:36 [Zakim]
asir, you wanted to ask a question
20:55:53 [Vikas1]
TOPIC: Issue http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8283
20:56:05 [dug]
Latest proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0086.html
20:56:12 [Yves]
what is the analogy of empty string there? do we ned at least an xml decl?
20:56:32 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ws-ra
20:57:39 [gpilz]
The term "generate" is used in relation to the various faults defined by this specification to imply that a fault is produced, no further processing SHOULD be performed, and the fault would normally be transmitted.
20:57:44 [Vikas1]
Bob, can you make Vikas1 as scribe
20:58:09 [Ashok]
scribenick: Vikas1
20:58:18 [gpilz]
s/would normally/SHOULD/
20:58:32 [Ram]
q+
20:58:38 [Bob]
ack ram
20:59:19 [Vikas2]
Vikas2 has joined #ws-ra
21:00:00 [gpilz]
q+
21:00:23 [Vikas2]
Bob, can you please mark Vikas2 as scribe.
21:00:24 [Bob]
ack gp
21:00:37 [Bob]
scribenick: Vikas2
21:01:09 [dug]
... no further processing SHOULD be performed. In these cases the fault SHOULD be transmitted.
21:02:11 [Ram]
Basic Profile says: "Both SOAP and this Profile use the term 'generate' to denote the creation of a SOAP Fault. It is important to realize that generation of a Fault is distinct from its transmission, which in some cases is not required. "
21:02:44 [gpilz]
q+
21:02:47 [jeffm]
jeffm has joined #ws-ra
21:03:02 [Bob]
ack gp
21:04:07 [dug]
The term "generate" is used in relation to the various faults defined by this specification to imply that a fault is produced and no futher processing SHOULD be performed. In these cases the fault SHOULD be transmitted. However, there might be when a compliant implementation might choose not to transmit the fault - for example, security concerns - in these situations the fault MAY NOT be...
21:04:09 [dug]
...transmitted.
21:04:16 [dug]
Wu, better?
21:04:29 [dug]
s/be when/be reasons when/
21:04:41 [Vikas2]
Gil: There will be very few cases where fault is not propagated, if its generate the fault should be send back to the consumer.
21:05:30 [dug]
The term "generate" is used in relation to the various faults defined by this specification to imply that a fault is produced and no futher processing SHOULD be performed. In these cases the fault SHOULD be transmitted. However, there might be reasons when a compliant implementation can choose not to transmit the fault - for example, security concerns - in these situations the fault MAY NOT...
21:05:32 [dug]
...be transmitted.
21:06:19 [Zakim]
-sreed
21:06:20 [Vikas2]
RESOLUTION: Resolved 8283 with proposed text above.
21:06:33 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:06:38 [Vikas2]
TOPIC: Issue http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8286
21:06:50 [dug]
proposal: The term "generate" is used in relation to the various faults defined by this specification to imply that a fault is produced and no futher processing SHOULD be performed. In these cases the fault SHOULD be transmitted. However, there might be when a compliant implementation might choose not to transmit the fault - for example, security concerns - in these situations the fault MAY NOT be
21:06:56 [dug]
proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0084.html
21:08:47 [dug]
someone needs to move their mic
21:08:49 [Vikas2]
RESOLUTION: 8286 resolved with above propsal, proposed in message nos. 84
21:09:12 [dug]
proposal: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8301#c1
21:09:14 [Ram]
Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0091.html
21:09:28 [Vikas2]
TOPIC: Issue http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8301
21:09:36 [dug]
proposal: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8301#c1
21:10:03 [Ram]
Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0091.html
21:11:41 [dug]
q+
21:12:21 [Bob]
ack dug
21:13:13 [gpilz]
q+
21:14:21 [dug]
FaultOnPutDenied: When present, this OPTIONAL parameter indicates that attempts to change portions of the representation that are read-only will generate a wst:PutDenied fault. If this parameter is not present, attempts to modify read-only portions of the resource representation will be ignored without any fault being generated.
21:15:07 [dug]
q+
21:15:48 [Bob]
ack gp
21:17:03 [Bob]
ack du
21:18:29 [Vikas2]
Vikas2 has joined #ws-ra
21:19:42 [Yves]
I would note that adding something to receive an error is a bit awkward, adding something to explicitely _ignore_ the error would make more sense
21:23:38 [gpilz]
q+
21:23:48 [Vikas2]
Vikas2 has joined #ws-ra
21:23:51 [Bob]
ack gp
21:23:53 [Vikas2]
RESOLUTION: 8301 resolved with comment#1
21:24:14 [Ram]
q+
21:24:43 [Bob]
Topic: 8193
21:24:48 [dug]
ok with fixing "it" :-)
21:24:49 [Bob]
ack ram
21:25:34 [Vikas2]
Vikas2 has joined #ws-ra
21:25:40 [dug]
q+
21:26:06 [Bob]
ack du
21:27:56 [Ram]
q+
21:28:01 [Bob]
ack ram
21:28:38 [Vikas2]
Vikas2 has joined #ws-ra
21:29:19 [gpilz]
scribe: gpilz
21:29:38 [gpilz]
ram: need more time to consider this proposal
21:29:41 [gpilz]
... discuss at F2F
21:29:54 [gpilz]
topic: issue 7774
21:30:10 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7774
21:30:23 [gpilz]
yves: last time I said this could wait for the F2F
21:30:47 [gpilz]
... during the previous F2F we discussed that is was not addressing something
21:31:01 [dug]
q+
21:31:09 [Bob]
ack dug
21:31:18 [gpilz]
... if WS-T Delete == WS-Frag Delete why does WS-T Put != WS-Frag Put
21:31:29 [gpilz]
doug: Put is really an update of the resource rep
21:31:39 [gpilz]
... in the base case you get a whole new rep
21:32:01 [gpilz]
... in WS-Frag, Put with mode is an instruction, not a complete rep
21:32:28 [gpilz]
... WS-Frag Put is what you want, it's just not called "Patch"
21:32:57 [gpilz]
(Yves & Doug): back and forth about semantics of "replace", "instructions", etc.
21:33:52 [dug]
q+
21:34:02 [Bob]
ack dug
21:34:58 [Vikas]
Vikas has joined #ws-ra
21:35:05 [gpilz]
action: doug - add clarifying text as a potential resolution to 7774
21:35:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-136 - - add clarifying text as a potential resolution to 7774 [on Doug Davis - due 2010-01-26].
21:35:19 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8196
21:37:04 [Tom_Rutt]
q+
21:37:47 [Bob]
ack tom
21:37:57 [asir]
+1 to Gil!!!
21:40:24 [gpilz]
tom: would like to clarify this issue
21:41:01 [asir]
I agree with Bob's statement
21:45:46 [dug]
I'd like to defer 8292
21:46:09 [dug]
its a big proposal - haven't had time to fully review it yet - sorry
21:48:04 [gpilz]
bob: would like to have all issues have proposals by F2F
21:49:48 [dug]
on the spot sounds good
21:50:16 [dug]
+1
21:51:41 [gpilz]
q+
21:51:52 [dug]
I think 8185 isn't really related
21:51:56 [Bob]
ack gpi
21:59:08 [asir]
Bob - that would be lovely!
22:00:00 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
22:00:01 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
22:00:02 [Zakim]
-Gilbert
22:00:03 [Zakim]
-Wu_Chou
22:00:03 [Zakim]
-vikas
22:00:04 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
22:00:04 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
22:00:05 [Zakim]
-Yves
22:00:07 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
22:00:09 [Zakim]
- +1.408.970.aaee
22:00:11 [Zakim]
-??P22
22:00:13 [Zakim]
- +03531803aadd
22:00:15 [Zakim]
-JeffM
22:00:17 [Zakim]
-Doug_Davis
22:00:19 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has ended
22:00:21 [Zakim]
Attendees were Wu_Chou, Bob_Freund, +984999aaaa, Doug_Davis, sreed, +1.571.262.aabb, vikas, +1.408.642.aacc, Ashok_Malhotra, Gilbert, Yves, Tom_Rutt, [Microsoft], +03531803aadd,
22:00:24 [Zakim]
... +1.408.970.aaee, JeffM, [IPcaller]
22:00:34 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
22:00:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/19-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
22:02:09 [MartinC]
MartinC has left #ws-ra
23:09:23 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra