IRC log of mwts on 2010-01-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:47:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
15:47:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:47:10 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:47:10 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
15:47:12 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MWI_TS
15:47:12 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 13 minutes
15:47:13 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference
15:47:13 [trackbot]
Date: 19 January 2010
15:47:36 [dom]
15:47:40 [dom]
Chair: Wilhelm
15:57:16 [hendry]
hendry has joined #mwts
15:57:22 [hendry]
hi there
15:57:42 [hendry]
wilhelm: you chairing the call?
15:58:11 [wilhelm]
Yes, but dom seems to be here too today. (c:
15:59:03 [hendry]
"facilitate some way of allowing users to submit results for their browser", automagic ajax post?
15:59:53 [wilhelm]
Semi-automatic, preferably. (c:
16:00:17 [hendry]
is there some privacy worry?
16:00:46 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
16:00:55 [hendry]
oh i think i failed to mention i tried changing video to HTMLVideoElement, though it didn't work for me either
16:01:01 [Zakim]
+ +47.23.69.aaaa
16:01:02 [hendry]
ok, need to dial in
16:01:56 [dom]
zakim, code?
16:02:07 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is wilhelm
16:02:09 [Zakim]
16:02:25 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
16:02:34 [Zakim]
+wilhelm; got it
16:02:54 [hendry]
bit confused about HTML5 video interface
16:03:40 [dmitris]
dmitris has joined #mwts
16:03:42 [Zakim]
16:04:02 [dom]
zakim, ??P25 is probably Kai
16:04:04 [dom]
Topic: WCTMB2
16:04:19 [Zakim]
+ +49.238.aabb
16:04:25 [dom]
-> Wilhelm's status report on WCTMB2
16:04:39 [Zakim]
+Kai?; got it
16:04:43 [dom]
Wilhelm: we should start testing it on actual phones before making the relrease
16:04:50 [dom]
... we should also make it possible to submit results
16:04:54 [dom]
zakim, aabb is dom
16:05:09 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
16:05:30 [dom]
16:05:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-103 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look into recording test results from WCTMB2 using XHR and db -- due 2010-01-26 -- OPEN
16:05:31 [trackbot]
16:05:47 [dom]
Dom: starting doing that; would need to know if we do that automatically or semi-automatically
16:05:59 [hendry]
i think a server can easily filter this stuff :)
16:06:06 [dom]
Wilhelm: would be worried that doing that automatically would drown us under too many results
16:06:20 [dom]
... I think submitting manually would be sufficient
16:07:19 [dom]
Dom: I'm ok with both approaches; maybe manual will be sufficient, based on our experience with WCTBM1
16:07:35 [dom]
Kai: I prefer automatically, but I guess I can see that manual will work too
16:07:53 [dom]
Dom: OK, will implement the manual version then
16:08:02 [dom]
close ACTION-104
16:08:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-104 Review new tests from wilhelm closed
16:08:15 [dom]
-> Kai's comments on Wilhelm new tests
16:08:49 [dom]
Kai: I'm a bit worried about the size of the font file, it feels a bit big
16:09:15 [dom]
... should we be worried about the different font formats? e.g. WOFF
16:09:29 [dom]
Wilhelm: I think sticking with TTF for now is probably best
16:09:41 [dom]
Kai: no IP issue in this case?
16:09:54 [dom]
Wilhelm: WOFF is mostly TTF + metadata
16:10:02 [dom]
Kai: ok, so TTF might be adequate then
16:10:47 [dom]
... also, the validator reports a problem with the date inputfield
16:11:09 [dom]
... new canvas test seems simpler, sounds good
16:11:24 [dom]
Wilhelm: regarding font size, I can try stripping it out
16:11:37 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to look at trimming font file
16:11:37 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-107 - Look at trimming font file [on Wilhelm Joys Andersen - due 2010-01-26].
16:11:55 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to fix <input type="date" /> in WCTMB2
16:11:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-108 - Fix <input type="date" /> in WCTMB2 [on Kai Hendry - due 2010-01-26].
16:12:10 [dom]
16:12:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-96 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to review and integrate audio and video tests in WCTMB2 -- due 2010-01-12 -- OPEN
16:12:10 [trackbot]
16:12:17 [dom]
Wilhelm: video test still failing in Opera/FF
16:12:21 [dom]
... will look in fixing it
16:12:37 [dom]
Kai: do you know about the named interface?
16:13:03 [hendry]
16:13:09 [dom]
Dom: have you tried replacing Video() with HTMLVideoElement()?
16:13:18 [dom]
Kai: tried that, but didn't make a difference
16:13:33 [dom]
Wilhelm: I'll look at that as part of my action
16:14:04 [dom]
16:14:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-105 -- Kai Hendry to update localStorage to move counter out of test results -- due 2010-01-25 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:14:04 [trackbot]
16:14:08 [dom]
close ACTION-105
16:14:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-105 Update localStorage to move counter out of test results closed
16:14:40 [dom]
Kai: we discussed putting it somewhere else, right?
16:14:52 [dom]
dom: we discussed putting it after the list of results, but I don't think that matters much
16:15:59 [dom]
close ACTION-106
16:16:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-106 Add the user agent string in the detailed results closed
16:16:18 [dom]
Wilhelm: I've moved the user agent string in the details part
16:16:31 [dom]
Kai: better idea, indeed!
16:17:07 [dom]
Dom: what's your feeling? what are our chances to call it done next week?
16:17:11 [dom]
Wilhelm: good I think
16:17:27 [dom]
... we still need testing
16:17:40 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to test wctmb2 on his devices
16:17:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-109 - Test wctmb2 on his devices [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2010-01-26].
16:17:46 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to test wctmb2 on his devices
16:17:46 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-110 - Test wctmb2 on his devices [on Kai Hendry - due 2010-01-26].
16:17:51 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to test wctmb2 on his devices
16:17:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-111 - Test wctmb2 on his devices [on Wilhelm Joys Andersen - due 2010-01-26].
16:17:57 [dom]
ACTION: Dmitri to test wctmb2 on his devices
16:17:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-112 - Test wctmb2 on his devices [on Dmitri Sileav - due 2010-01-26].
16:19:27 [dom]
Kai: would be good to return a permalink to submission results
16:19:39 [dom]
ACTION-103: give back permalink to results submission
16:19:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-103 Look into recording test results from WCTMB2 using XHR and db notes added
16:19:48 [dom]
Wilhelm: we should prepare an announcement
16:20:00 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to draft announcement of WCTMB2
16:20:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-113 - Draft announcement of WCTMB2 [on Kai Hendry - due 2010-01-26].
16:20:26 [dom]
Topic: Test assertions methodology
16:20:40 [dom]
-> Update to methodology document
16:21:04 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to review new version of methodology
16:21:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-114 - Review new version of methodology [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2010-01-26].
16:21:16 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to review new version of methodology
16:21:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-115 - Review new version of methodology [on Wilhelm Joys Andersen - due 2010-01-26].
16:21:40 [dom]
Dom: let's confirm next week that we want to publish
16:22:07 [dom]
Dmitri: the draft signals problems at the top right corner
16:22:30 [dom]
ACTION: Dmitri to review the new version of methodology
16:22:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-116 - Review the new version of methodology [on Dmitri Sileav - due 2010-01-26].
16:22:57 [dom]
Topic: Next call
16:23:01 [dom]
January 26
16:23:48 [dom]
Wilhelm: will be traveling; will send everything needed in advance
16:23:56 [Zakim]
16:23:57 [Zakim]
16:23:59 [Zakim]
16:24:00 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
16:24:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were +47.23.69.aaaa, wilhelm, +49.238.aabb, Kai?, dom
16:24:18 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
16:24:24 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:24:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
16:34:11 [hendry]
forgot to talk about the font loading stuff
16:36:57 [hendry]
also i thought of a more friendly name of WCTMB, mow-wow =)
16:46:12 [hendry]
noticed too the appcache test needs some work
18:31:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts