IRC log of wai-wcag on 2010-01-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

21:00:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc
21:01:01 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
21:01:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:03 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
21:01:03 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM already started
21:01:04 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
21:01:04 [trackbot]
Date: 14 January 2010
21:01:18 [David]
test
21:01:38 [Zakim]
+??P6
21:02:02 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.324.aabb
21:02:13 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:16 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.617 is Michael_Cooper
21:02:16 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper; got it
21:02:22 [Zakim]
+[Oracle]
21:02:34 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P6 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:02:34 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
21:02:34 [jamesn]
zakim, Oracle is James_Nurthen
21:02:35 [Zakim]
+James_Nurthen; got it
21:04:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.584.aacc
21:04:58 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.617 is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:04:58 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick; got it
21:05:08 [Zakim]
+ +1.315.457.aadd
21:05:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.761.aaee
21:05:34 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:06:43 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
21:10:42 [MichaelC]
zakim, Bruce_Bailey? is Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:10:42 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea; got it
21:11:17 [bcaldwell]
bcaldwell has joined #wai-wcag
21:11:31 [MichaelC]
zakim, Bruce_Bailey is Tim_Boland
21:11:31 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named 'Bruce_Bailey'
21:11:58 [MichaelC]
zakim, Gregg has Ben_Caldwell
21:11:58 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
21:13:09 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.315 is Tim_Boland
21:13:09 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named '+1.315'
21:13:36 [David]
scribe: David
21:14:02 [MichaelC]
present: Bruce_Bailey, David_MacDonald, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Michael_Cooper, James_Nurthen, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Tim_Boland, Katie_Haritos-Shea,Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:22:54 [David]
Resolution: accept 2784, 2786, 2789 as proposed
21:23:44 [David]
Topic: Issue 2791: C14: User Agent Notes "keyed off"
21:25:09 [David]
Resolution: accept 2791 as amended
21:25:54 [David]
Topic: Issue 2792: G18: Description
21:27:35 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:30:01 [David]
Action: cooper to create visual examples of G18...
21:30:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-67 - Create visual examples of G18... [on Michael Cooper - due 2010-01-21].
21:33:27 [David]
Resolution: accept G18 as amended
21:33:51 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.839.aaff
21:36:17 [David]
"Liquid layouts define layout regions that both resize with text, and reflow as needed to display the region on-screen ."
21:37:12 [David]
"Liquid layouts define layout regions that both resize with text, and reflow as needed to display the region on the screen ."
21:37:48 [bcaldwell]
zakim, who is making noise?
21:38:05 [Zakim]
bcaldwell, listening for 14 seconds I heard sound from the following: David_MacDonald (14%)
21:38:15 [David]
I was talking
21:38:20 [MichaelC]
zakim, mute bruce
21:38:20 [Zakim]
'bruce' is ambiguous, MichaelC
21:38:26 [MichaelC]
zakim, mute bruce_bailey
21:38:26 [Zakim]
'bruce_bailey' is ambiguous, MichaelC
21:38:37 [bcaldwell]
zakim, mute Bruce_Bailey
21:38:37 [Zakim]
'Bruce_Bailey' is ambiguous, bcaldwell
21:38:48 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:38:53 [MichaelC]
zakim, mute bruce_bailey
21:38:53 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should now be muted
21:38:56 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-WCAG
21:39:12 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.415.aagg - is perhaps Bruce_Bailey
21:39:14 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:39:49 [MichaelC]
zakim, Bruce_Bailey is Tim_Boland
21:39:49 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland; got it
21:39:56 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.443 is Bruce_Bailey
21:39:56 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named '+1.443'
21:40:06 [Zakim]
+ +1.315.457.aahh
21:40:13 [David]
Resolution: 2397 accepted as amended
21:40:23 [MichaelC]
zakim, Tim is Bruce_Bailey
21:40:23 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
21:40:29 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.315 is Tim_Boland
21:40:29 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland; got it
21:41:55 [David]
topic: Issue 2794: H69: Example 3 "they" and "them"
21:42:27 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:44:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.415.aaii - is perhaps Bruce_Bailey
21:46:01 [David]
zakim, who's noisy
21:46:01 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's noisy', David
21:46:08 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.443 is Bruce_Bailey
21:46:08 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named '+1.443'
21:46:27 [David]
zakim, who is noisy
21:46:27 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is noisy', David
21:46:50 [David]
zakim who is making noise
21:47:50 [David]
Resolution accept 2794 as amended
21:48:13 [David]
Resolution: accept 2794 as amended
21:51:59 [David]
zakim, who is making noise?
21:52:10 [Zakim]
David, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Andrew_Kirkpatrick (20%), David_MacDonald (4%), Michael_Cooper (64%)
21:57:49 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:04:39 [bcaldwell]
- Agree to disagree.
22:04:41 [bcaldwell]
- Too late for WCAG 2
22:04:43 [bcaldwell]
- Focus on UAAG with your concerns to be sure they are covered
22:06:26 [greggvanderheiden]
WCAG 2 doesn’t require this. And we can't change WCAG at this point. However we really think that this is a User Agent issue and you should be sure that UAAG highlights this as an important feature for user agents
22:08:35 [David]
action: bcaldwell to draft a response to Wayne Dick's comments
22:08:35 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - bcaldwell
22:08:48 [bcaldwell]
zakim, I am Ben_Caldwell
22:08:48 [Zakim]
sorry, bcaldwell, I do not see a party named 'Ben_Caldwell'
22:09:13 [David]
action: Ben_Calwell to draft a response to Wayne Dick's comments
22:09:13 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Ben_Calwell
22:09:30 [bcaldwell]
zakim, who is on the phone?
22:09:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Michael_Cooper, James_Nurthen, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Bruce_Bailey
22:09:34 [Zakim]
Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
22:09:55 [MichaelC]
zakim, bcaldwell to draft a response to Wayne Dick's comments
22:09:55 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, MichaelC
22:09:56 [David]
action: Ben to draft a response to Wayne Dick's comments
22:09:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-68 - Draft a response to Wayne Dick's comments [on Ben Caldwell - due 2010-01-21].
22:10:02 [MichaelC]
action: bcaldwell to draft a response to Wayne Dick's comments
22:10:02 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - bcaldwell
22:10:27 [MichaelC]
drop action 5
22:10:31 [MichaelC]
drop action 3
22:10:34 [MichaelC]
drop action 2
22:10:43 [David]
topic: WAI-ARIA comments
22:10:53 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, drop action 2
22:10:56 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, drop action 3
22:11:00 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, drop action 5
22:16:45 [David]
Resolution: accept all WAI-ARIA responses except 115 and 211
22:17:06 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:17:28 [David]
Action: Loretta to write up additional responses to WAI-ARIA #115 and #211
22:17:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-69 - Write up additional responses to WAI-ARIA #115 and #211 [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2010-01-21].
22:18:49 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:21:10 [Loretta]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/Group/track/actions/open
22:23:11 [David]
Note: Some Invited Experts do not have access to the Tracker software of the W3C
22:39:49 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:40:23 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:40:25 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
22:40:26 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:40:27 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:40:27 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:40:28 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
22:40:30 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:40:30 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
22:40:31 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.443.415.aaaa, David_MacDonald, +1.617.324.aabb, Michael_Cooper, James_Nurthen, Tim_Boland?, +1.617.584.aacc, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, +1.315.457.aadd, +1.703.761.aaee,
22:40:35 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Ben_Caldwell, +1.781.839.aaff, +1.443.415.aagg, Tim_Boland, +1.315.457.aahh, Bruce_Bailey, +1.443.415.aaii
22:46:22 [jamesn]
jamesn has left #wai-wcag
22:47:56 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:48:15 [MichaelC]
regrets: Sofia_Celic
22:50:16 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
22:50:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:50:29 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
22:50:29 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:50:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to create visual examples of G18... [1]
22:50:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc#T21-30-01
22:50:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to draft a response to Wayne Dick's comments [4]
22:50:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc#T22-09-56
22:50:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to write up additional responses to WAI-ARIA #115 and #211 [6]
22:50:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc#T22-17-28