IRC log of ua on 2010-01-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:58:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ua
17:58:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-irc
17:58:43 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:58:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ua
17:58:45 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_UAWG
17:58:45 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_UAWG()1:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
17:58:46 [trackbot]
Meeting: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
17:58:46 [trackbot]
Date: 14 January 2010
17:59:11 [kford]
chair: Jim_allan, Kelly_Ford
17:59:24 [kford]
regrets:Jim, Mark
18:00:08 [kford]
Agenda+ Review Action Items - http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/actions/open
18:00:09 [kford]
Agenda+ Editor's draft and publication prep – What changes have we made? What areas do we want feedback on? Group comes up with details and Jeanne will write.
18:00:11 [kford]
Agenda+ Review proposals/survey
18:00:12 [kford]
Agenda+ Strategize for candidate recommendation i.e. what browsers will implament our success criteria
18:00:14 [kford]
Agenda+ F2F - 2/24-26
18:00:39 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:00:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-minutes.html kford
18:01:07 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has now started
18:01:56 [iheni]
iheni has joined #ua
18:02:18 [jeanne]
zakim, code?
18:02:18 [Zakim]
the conference code is 82941 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), jeanne
18:02:32 [KimPatch]
KimPatch has joined #ua
18:02:52 [sharper]
sharper has joined #ua
18:03:09 [sharper]
zakim, code?
18:03:09 [Zakim]
the conference code is 82941 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), sharper
18:03:55 [kford]
regrets+Jan
18:05:13 [kford]
Present+Simon, Kelly, Jeanne, Greg, Henni, Kim
18:06:26 [Greg]
Jeanne will later today post the hotel for the Face to Face.
18:06:41 [Greg]
Zakim, take up item 1
18:06:41 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Review Action Items - http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/actions/open" taken up [from kford]
18:11:45 [Greg]
Generally updating past due dates to February.
18:15:20 [Greg]
Jeanne will ping Jim re ACTION-39.
18:15:35 [Greg]
Kelly will ping Mark re ACTION-41.
18:17:52 [Greg]
Jeanne will discuss ACTION-47 with Mark, and we'll take up again next week.
18:19:25 [Greg]
Zakim, close ACTION-53
18:19:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close ACTION-53', Greg
18:19:33 [Greg]
Zakim, close item ACTION-53
18:19:33 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close item ACTION-53', Greg
18:19:40 [Greg]
Zakim, close item 53
18:19:40 [Zakim]
I only see 5 items on the agenda
18:19:56 [Greg]
close ACTION-53
18:19:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-53 Contact the i18n (Keiko) and PF to see if there are specific needs we to specify for Issue-22 closed
18:20:33 [Greg]
Jeanne reports that ACTION-53 was actually done.
18:22:28 [Greg]
Simon will take over ACTION-162 which Jeanne started.
18:27:36 [Greg]
Kim will email Greg and Mark re ACTION-173 and how it relates to ACTION-150, both dealing with focus.
18:29:32 [jeanne]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2009Apr/0000.html
18:29:48 [jeanne]
#55. (Re 4.1.10 **) Clarify difference between 4.1.10 vs. 4.1.11: 4.1.10
18:29:48 [jeanne]
and 4.1.11 seem to overlap and the difference between them is unclear.
18:29:48 [jeanne]
Were the two supposed to be combined? First, 4.1.9 applies to UI only,
18:29:48 [jeanne]
whereas 4.1.10 applies to both UI and rendered content (e.g.
18:29:48 [jeanne]
accesskey=). Second, 4.1.9 requires the user be able to assign new
18:29:49 [jeanne]
shortcut keys, whereas 4.1.10 does not. (At least not explicitly; see my
18:29:52 [jeanne]
other comment on the need to define "override" in these contexts.)
18:29:53 [jeanne]
(Priority: 1 High) (Type: Clarify)
18:31:00 [Greg]
Greg will ping Mark re ACTION-183 (Greg's #55).
18:40:40 [Greg]
Simon, re ACTION-211, see transcript at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2009JulSep/0018.html
18:45:13 [Greg]
Simon will take over ACTION-211 from Greg.
18:47:43 [Greg]
Kelly will ping Mark re ACTION-226 and ACTION-227.
18:50:21 [Greg]
Kelly will clarify ownership of action items re Guideline 4.9 (Provide control of content that may reduce accessibility), as Simon noted many different people own items in that section.
18:54:46 [Greg]
Jeanne reports ACTION-243 is not applicable to our needs.
18:54:49 [Greg]
close ACTION-243
18:54:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-243 Follow up on the spec tool demonstrated at TPAC lightning talks by November 12 closed
18:58:33 [Greg]
ACTION-250 re creating educational video is more appropriate for Education & Outreach working group.
18:58:39 [Greg]
close ACTION-250
18:58:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-250 Make agenda item for creating UAAG video closed
19:02:12 [Greg]
Re ACTION-258, Jim sent email to the list with our proposal, so it will be handled in next survey.
19:04:52 [Greg]
Zakim, close item 1
19:04:52 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Review Action Items - http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/actions/open, closed
19:04:54 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
19:04:55 [Zakim]
2. Editor's draft and publication prep – What changes have we made? What areas do we want feedback on? Group comes up with details and Jeanne will write. [from kford]
19:05:19 [Greg]
Zakim, take up item 2
19:05:19 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Editor's draft and publication prep – What changes have we made? What areas do we want feedback on? Group comes up with details and Jeanne will write." taken up
19:05:23 [Zakim]
... [from kford]
19:07:09 [Greg]
Jeanne asks everyone to review latest Editor's Draft for the portions they discussed, to make sure what they expected is there.
19:08:12 [Greg]
Jeanne notes we need a status section for next published draft, which would summarize what changed and call for specific feedback we desire from specific audiences.
19:09:59 [Greg]
Jeanne will also use high-level information from the change section to create press announcements.
19:11:45 [Zakim]
restarting bot in 2 minutes to recover bridge state; no impact on current callers expected
19:11:55 [jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/actions/closed
19:15:50 [Greg]
Kelly asks everyone to take some time to try identifying major changes during the last six months.
19:16:58 [jeanne]
And changes we made that we want feedback on.
19:17:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ua
19:17:22 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
19:17:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-minutes.html jeanne
19:17:34 [Greg]
Simon notes useful to review action items closed in the last six months, but not all of them were implemented in that period. Action item closed date isn’t available on the W3 Web site, so one might have to search transcripts for trackbot saying “attempting to close ACTION-”.
19:17:45 [kford]
zakim, take up item 3
19:17:45 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
19:18:44 [jeanne]
Agenda+ Strategize for candidate recommendation i.e. what browsers will implament our success criteria
19:19:02 [jeanne]
Agenda+ F2F - 2/24-26
19:19:29 [jeanne]
zakim, take up item 2
19:19:29 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "F2F - 2/24-26" taken up [from jeanne]
19:19:43 [jeanne]
Action: JS to post information for F2f
19:19:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-262 - Post information for F2f [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2010-01-21].
19:19:51 [jeanne]
zakim, close item 2
19:19:51 [Zakim]
agendum 2, F2F - 2/24-26, closed
19:19:52 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
19:19:53 [Zakim]
1. Strategize for candidate recommendation i.e. what browsers will implament our success criteria [from jeanne]
19:19:56 [jeanne]
zakim, take up item 1
19:19:56 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Strategize for candidate recommendation i.e. what browsers will implament our success criteria" taken up [from jeanne]
19:20:39 [jeanne]
We need to have a 2 implementations of each of our success criteria.
19:20:50 [Ralph]
Ralph has joined #ua
19:21:03 [Ralph]
Ralph has left #ua
19:21:42 [jeanne]
zakim, [Micro is really kford
19:21:42 [Zakim]
+kford; got it
19:21:56 [jeanne]
zakim, P4 is really iheni
19:21:56 [Zakim]
sorry, jeanne, I do not recognize a party named 'P4'
19:22:10 [jeanne]
zakim, ??P4 is really iheni
19:22:10 [Zakim]
+iheni; got it
19:22:26 [jeanne]
zakim, +1.425 is really Greg
19:22:26 [Zakim]
+Greg; got it
19:22:43 [jeanne]
zakim, +1.617 is really KimPatch
19:22:43 [Zakim]
+KimPatch; got it
19:23:00 [jeanne]
zakim, ??P13 is really SHarper
19:23:00 [Zakim]
+SHarper; got it
19:23:57 [Greg]
Jeanne has a list of success criteria online (just the titles, as a quick-reference).
19:24:32 [jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2009/UAAGscList.html
19:24:48 [jeanne]
zakim, who is here?
19:24:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see kford, iheni, Greg, Jeanne, KimPatch, SHarper
19:24:49 [Zakim]
On IRC I see sharper, KimPatch, iheni, RRSAgent, kford, Greg, jeanne, trackbot
19:24:52 [Greg]
One strategy might be to create browser add-ons that implement features we'd like to see but which are not implemented by any browsers.
19:26:49 [Greg]
(Add-ons have shorter development cycle, cheaper cost, and don't require as much red tape, etc.)
19:28:28 [Greg]
Kim notes potential value of brief videos illustrating products meeting specific criteria.
19:29:53 [Greg]
Greg notes also valuable for us to take screen shots illustrating products meeting specific criteria.
19:32:20 [Zakim]
-kford
19:32:21 [Zakim]
-SHarper
19:32:22 [Zakim]
-iheni
19:32:23 [Zakim]
-KimPatch
19:33:13 [Greg]
rrsagent, create minutes
19:33:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-minutes.html Greg
19:33:51 [Greg]
zakim, please part
19:33:51 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were [Microsoft], +1.425.895.aaaa, Jeanne, +1.617.325.aabb, kford, iheni, Greg, KimPatch, SHarper
19:33:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ua
19:35:52 [Greg]
rrsagent, please part
19:35:52 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-actions.rdf :
19:35:52 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JS to post information for F2f [1]
19:35:52 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-irc#T19-19-43