IRC log of ws-ra on 2010-01-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:25:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
20:25:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/01/12-ws-ra-irc
20:26:00 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:26:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-ra
20:26:02 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
20:26:02 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM already started
20:26:04 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
20:26:04 [trackbot]
Date: 12 January 2010
20:26:31 [Zakim]
+Bob_Freund
20:26:44 [dug]
Bonjour Bob
20:26:52 [Bob]
Hola
20:27:35 [asoldano]
hi
20:27:42 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:28:59 [MartinC]
MartinC has joined #ws-ra
20:29:09 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ws-ra
20:29:31 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
20:29:49 [Bob]
chair: Bob Freund
20:29:52 [Tom_Rutt]
Tom_Rutt has joined #ws-ra
20:30:02 [Zakim]
+ +984999aaaa
20:30:02 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:30:14 [dug]
zakim, who is on?
20:30:14 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, dug.
20:30:21 [dug]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:30:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IBM], Bob_Freund, [Microsoft], +984999aaaa, ??P4
20:30:28 [dug]
zakim, IBM is Dug
20:30:28 [Zakim]
+Dug; got it
20:30:31 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
20:30:47 [Sreed]
Sreed has joined #ws-ra
20:31:06 [Zakim]
+Yves
20:31:17 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
20:31:31 [Zakim]
+asoldano
20:31:53 [dug]
yves - what's the "-617" mean?
20:31:54 [DaveS]
DaveS has joined #ws-ra
20:32:33 [dug]
ah
20:32:48 [DaveS]
Dave Snelling will need to leave the call for a few minute in the middle.
20:33:07 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-ra
20:33:08 [dug]
I thought your home base was in Europe
20:33:20 [Zakim]
+li
20:33:21 [Yves]
it is
20:33:38 [dug]
ah
20:34:05 [dug]
got it - makes sense
20:34:35 [Zakim]
+JeffM
20:35:21 [Bob]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/chair-tools/scribelist.html
20:35:57 [Zakim]
+Gilbert_Pilz
20:36:17 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
20:36:22 [Zakim]
+ +03531803aabb
20:36:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.202.aacc
20:37:45 [Bob]
zakim, pick a victim
20:37:45 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Gilbert_Pilz
20:38:01 [gpilz]
scribe: gpilz
20:38:10 [gpilz]
topic: agenda
20:38:20 [dug]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0072.html
20:38:52 [Vikas]
Vikas has joined #ws-ra
20:39:03 [Zakim]
+ +0192670aadd
20:39:09 [dug]
q+
20:39:22 [DaveS]
Attendees:
20:39:22 [DaveS]
Tom Rutt - USA - Fujitsu
20:39:22 [DaveS]
Doug Davis - USA - IBM
20:39:22 [DaveS]
David Snelling - USA - Fujitsu
20:39:22 [DaveS]
Martin D Chapman - UK - Oracle
20:39:22 [DaveS]
Gilbert Pilz - USA - Oracle
20:39:25 [DaveS]
Ram Jeyaraman - USA - Microsoft
20:39:26 [DaveS]
Ashok Malhotra - USA - Oracle
20:39:28 [DaveS]
Asir S Vedamuthu - India - Microsoft
20:39:30 [DaveS]
Bob Freund - USA - Hitachi
20:39:39 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.262.aaee
20:39:40 [gpilz]
topic: upcoming F2F meeting
20:39:42 [MartinC]
I probably wont be attending in person
20:39:55 [gpilz]
Bob: make sure you send Dave Snelling the appropriate info
20:40:27 [Yves]
sent
20:40:52 [dug]
q+
20:41:42 [Zakim]
- +1.571.262.aaee
20:41:43 [Bob]
ack dug
20:41:54 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.262.aaff
20:42:21 [gpilz]
all: (misc. discussion on which issues are ready for discussion/resolution)
20:42:42 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8068
20:42:44 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0065.html
20:43:40 [gpilz]
Doug: (describes proposal)
20:43:56 [gpilz]
.... probably too early to act on this today
20:44:15 [gpilz]
Bob: (directs members to review and be prepared to discuss mabe next week)
20:44:40 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8293
20:44:42 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8293
20:44:42 [DaveS]
Dave S leaving the call for a few minutes.
20:44:42 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8293
20:44:51 [Zakim]
-??P4
20:45:18 [Vikas]
Vikas joining the call.
20:45:40 [Ram]
+1
20:45:46 [gpilz]
Gil: reviews proposal
20:46:02 [gpilz]
resolution: issue 8293 resolved with proposal contained in issue description
20:46:16 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8295
20:46:25 [Ram]
q+
20:46:40 [Bob]
ack ram
20:46:48 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8295
20:47:05 [gpilz]
Ram: there are earlier resolutions that address this (8200 and 8297)
20:47:40 [gpilz]
resolution: issue 8295 closed with no action
20:48:07 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8296
20:48:08 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8296
20:48:21 [gpilz]
Ram: same comment as before
20:48:25 [dug]
"When this element is not present, the endpoint MUST return all available metadata. "
20:48:53 [gpilz]
resolution: issue 8296 closed with no action
20:52:41 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8205
20:52:42 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8205
20:53:12 [gpilz]
Ram: I need more time
20:53:51 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8164
20:54:05 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Dec/0025.html
20:54:07 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8164
20:55:10 [Ram]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Dec/0046.html
20:57:01 [Bob]
li?
20:57:31 [gpilz]
the current editor's draft says: A subscription manager MAY choose to support mechanisms, such as the [WS-MakeConnection] specification, to enable delivery of notifications to non-addressable endpoints. See the [WS-MakeConnection] specification for more information, and an example, of how this would work.
20:58:14 [DaveS]
Dave S dialing back in Thx.
20:59:15 [Zakim]
+??P16
20:59:50 [dug]
proposal: add "and the SubscriptionEnd message" to the MC text per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Dec/0025.html but do not include the Note:
21:00:13 [gpilz]
resolution: issue 8164 closed with above change
21:01:45 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8176
21:01:47 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0045.html
21:01:55 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8176
21:02:30 [Ram]
q+
21:02:34 [gpilz]
Doug: (describes proposal)
21:02:47 [Bob]
ack ram
21:03:02 [gpilz]
Ram: agrees with proposal mod an editorial change
21:03:27 [gpilz]
s/conformat/conformant/
21:03:40 [dug]
and "implemention"
21:03:45 [gpilz]
s/implemention/implementation/
21:04:12 [gpilz]
resolution: 8176 resolved with above proposal mod spelling corrections
21:04:30 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8275
21:04:31 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8275
21:06:27 [gpilz]
Doug: (objects to requiring XPath)
21:06:29 [dug]
happy crap!
21:06:33 [gpilz]
Gil: would like more time
21:07:01 [DaveS]
q+
21:07:15 [dug]
q+
21:07:45 [Bob]
ack dave
21:08:14 [Bob]
q+
21:08:25 [Katy]
q+
21:08:45 [Bob]
ack dug
21:09:44 [Bob]
ack bob
21:09:47 [Bob]
ack katy
21:09:53 [gpilz]
q+
21:10:14 [Bob]
ack gpi
21:10:36 [Katy]
q+
21:10:45 [dug]
q+
21:10:51 [DaveS]
q+
21:10:56 [Bob]
ack katy
21:11:12 [Bob]
ack dug
21:11:16 [Bob]
ack dave
21:11:33 [gpilz]
action item: gil to submit new proposal to 8275; no compliance, recommend XPath 1.0
21:11:33 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - item
21:11:55 [gpilz]
action item: gpilz to submit new proposal to 8275; no compliance, recommend XPath 1.0
21:11:55 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - item
21:12:25 [gpilz]
action item: pilz to submit new proposal to 8275; no compliance, recommend XPath 1.0
21:12:25 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - item
21:12:44 [gpilz]
action: gilbert to submit new proposal to 8275; no compliance, recommend XPath 1.0
21:12:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-133 - Submit new proposal to 8275; no compliance, recommend XPath 1.0 [on Gilbert Pilz - due 2010-01-19].
21:13:21 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8281
21:13:24 [Ram]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0032.html
21:13:29 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8281
21:13:54 [dug]
q+
21:14:07 [Bob]
ack dug
21:14:44 [gpilz]
resolution: issue 8281 closed with above resolution
21:15:42 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8300
21:15:43 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8300
21:17:01 [dug]
q+
21:17:07 [Bob]
ack dug
21:17:43 [gpilz]
resolution: issue 8300 with proposal in original issue email
21:18:21 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8284
21:18:22 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8284
21:18:33 [asoldano]
yes
21:21:37 [dug]
yes?
21:21:52 [Bob]
yes, he could here me
21:22:03 [Bob]
s/here/hear
21:22:10 [dug]
ah missed that
21:22:43 [Ram]
q+
21:22:57 [Bob]
ack ram
21:25:06 [Ram]
q+
21:25:52 [Bob]
ack ram
21:26:22 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/2009/12/ws-enu
21:26:31 [Tom_Rutt]
q+
21:26:59 [Bob]
ack tom
21:29:13 [dug]
q+
21:30:01 [gpilz]
q+
21:30:11 [Zakim]
- +984999aaaa
21:30:20 [dug]
q-
21:30:33 [Bob]
ack gpi
21:30:43 [Zakim]
+ +91.98.49.99.aagg
21:31:56 [gpilz]
action: gilbert - concrete proposal to 8284
21:31:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-134 - - concrete proposal to 8284 [on Gilbert Pilz - due 2010-01-19].
21:32:14 [gpilz]
action: ram - list of obectionable requirements in Section 4 of BP 1.1
21:32:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-135 - - list of obectionable requirements in Section 4 of BP 1.1 [on Ram Jeyaraman - due 2010-01-19].
21:32:46 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8303
21:32:52 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8303
21:33:38 [Ram]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2010Jan/0051.html
21:34:15 [dug]
q+
21:34:46 [Bob]
ack dug
21:35:15 [dug]
q+
21:35:28 [Bob]
ack dug
21:37:13 [dug]
"Additional extension elements MAY be included only after the mandated first child element." to "If present, any extension elements MUST be included after the mandated first child element."
21:37:29 [gpilz]
Doug: second part of proposal is moot
21:38:05 [gpilz]
resolution: issue 8303 (remaining part) resolved with above text
21:38:33 [gpilz]
topic: issue 8192
21:38:39 [gpilz]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8192
21:38:52 [Ram]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Dec/0072.html
21:40:43 [gpilz]
resolution: issue 8192 closed with proposal in above message
21:41:45 [MartinC]
motion to sleep
21:41:51 [gpilz]
topic: f2f preparations
21:41:53 [gpilz]
q+
21:41:59 [Bob]
ack gpi
21:42:30 [gpilz]
gil: request ws-eventing issues be covered in the morning to accomodate Martin
21:44:33 [dug]
8286 today?
21:48:19 [Ram]
q+
21:51:17 [gpilz]
q+
21:51:27 [dug]
q+
21:51:34 [Bob]
ack ram
21:52:23 [Ram]
q+
21:52:44 [Bob]
ack gp
21:52:52 [Bob]
ack dug
21:53:33 [Bob]
ack ram
21:54:06 [dug]
q+
21:54:17 [gpilz]
q+
21:54:20 [Bob]
ack dug
21:54:58 [Ram]
q+
21:55:09 [Bob]
ack gpi
21:55:49 [dug]
q+
21:56:56 [gpilz]
q+
21:57:04 [Bob]
ack ram
21:58:14 [Bob]
ack dug
21:58:46 [Bob]
ack gpi
22:00:58 [dug]
gil - yep, an effect of FormatURI
22:01:40 [Zakim]
- +1.571.262.aaff
22:01:41 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
22:01:42 [Zakim]
-??P16
22:01:43 [Zakim]
-li
22:01:43 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
22:01:45 [Zakim]
-asoldano
22:01:46 [Zakim]
-Yves
22:01:46 [Zakim]
-Dug
22:01:48 [Zakim]
-Gilbert_Pilz
22:01:49 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
22:01:51 [Zakim]
- +1.408.202.aacc
22:01:53 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
22:01:55 [Zakim]
- +03531803aabb
22:01:55 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
22:01:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/12-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
22:01:57 [Zakim]
-JeffM
22:01:58 [dug]
not bad - down to 39 issues
22:02:05 [asoldano]
:)
22:02:12 [dug]
oops, 38
22:03:17 [Zakim]
- +0192670aadd
22:08:18 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, +91.98.49.99.aagg, in WS_WSRA()3:30PM
22:08:20 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has ended
22:08:24 [Zakim]
Attendees were Bob_Freund, [Microsoft], +984999aaaa, Dug, Tom_Rutt, Yves, Ashok_Malhotra, asoldano, li, JeffM, Gilbert_Pilz, +03531803aabb, +1.408.202.aacc, +0192670aadd,
22:08:26 [Zakim]
... +1.571.262.aaee, +1.571.262.aaff, +91.98.49.99.aagg